Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,062 members, 7,810,955 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

New MTN Sim Failed To Activate Since Saturday - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / New MTN Sim Failed To Activate Since Saturday (1916 Views)

New MTN Recharge Code That Works Now *3551*pin-number# And Send / New Mtn Cheat: 20gb On Mtn Mymtn Official App (discovered This Evening) / How To Make Your Mtn Sim Eligible For Mtn N200 For 1gb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

New MTN Sim Failed To Activate Since Saturday by Endeared(f): 11:31am On Oct 17, 2022
Pls I need to know how long a new SIM card should become active and useable. I bought and registered for a new sim at an Mtn retail store (not Mtn office) yesterday morning. Was charged 1k(quite high for something I learned used to be 500). Tried loading card on the sim from someone’s VTU...never saw the credit. Tried calling the line using my other phone,a voice said it wasn’t active.
Till now (Sunday)new sim has not been activated. Tried calling the line...same issue.

Still angry I didn’t go to an Mtn office to this registration. Maybe it could have been much more easier.

Pls what do u guys suggest?

I am reading pls
Re: New MTN Sim Failed To Activate Since Saturday by coatofwealth(m): 2:03pm On Oct 17, 2022
Endeared:
Pls I need to know how long a new SIM card should become active and useable. I bought and registered for a new sim at an Mtn retail store (not Mtn office) yesterday morning. Was charged 1k(quite high for something I learned used to be 500). Tried loading card on the sim from someone’s VTU...never saw the credit. Tried calling the line using my other phone,a voice said it wasn’t active.
Till now (Sunday)new sim has not been activated. Tried calling the line...same issue.

Still angry I didn’t go to an Mtn office to this registration. Maybe it could have been much more easier.

Pls what do u guys suggest?

I am reading pls

Kindly return it.
Re: New MTN Sim Failed To Activate Since Saturday by smith946: 4:04pm On Oct 17, 2022
Could be invalid NIN, same thing happened to me. Go to the main mtn office not retails to sync the Nin to their database.. And be sure your Nin is original because some Nin outlets gives out fake ones....

1 Like

Re: New MTN Sim Failed To Activate Since Saturday by Reginah123: 6:13pm On Oct 17, 2022
Please I want to upgrade my MTN SIM to 4g, but it was my mother who registered it for me long ago
What can I do
Re: New MTN Sim Failed To Activate Since Saturday by Endeared(f): 7:02pm On Oct 17, 2022
smith946:
Could be invalid NIN, same thing happened to me. Go to the main mtn office not retails to sync the Nin to their database.. And be sure your Nin is original because some Nin outlets gives out fake ones....
NIN slip that i have been using for official pirpose since 2016 cant be invalid na.

If i go yo Mtn office with that Sim,wont they charge me again?

1 Like

Re: New MTN Sim Failed To Activate Since Saturday by Endeared(f): 7:05pm On Oct 17, 2022
coatofwealth:

Kindly return it.

Will i be refunded?

What happens next after returning?
Re: New MTN Sim Failed To Activate Since Saturday by coatofwealth(m): 7:36pm On Oct 17, 2022
Endeared:

Will i be refunded?

What happens next after returning?

Explain the problem to them because the fault is from MTN. You won't be refunded, but I'm 98% sure that they will register another sim for you if they can't activate the one you bought. Activation of sim does take much time. Maximum of 2 hours.

2 Likes

Re: New MTN Sim Failed To Activate Since Saturday by Endeared(f): 7:38pm On Oct 17, 2022
coatofwealth:

Explain the problem to them because the fault is from MTN. You won't be refunded, but I'm 98% sure that they will register another sim for you if they can't activate the one you bought. Activation of sim does take much time. Maximum of 2 hours.

Pls i need to ask. When u buy a new Sim,when is the right time to recharge the line?
Re: New MTN Sim Failed To Activate Since Saturday by coatofwealth(m): 7:43pm On Oct 17, 2022
Endeared:

Pls i need to ask. When u buy a new Sim,when is the right time to recharge the line?

Immediately the sim is inserted into the phone. Activated sim cannot be block until after 6 or more months of not in use.
Re: New MTN Sim Failed To Activate Since Saturday by Endeared(f): 8:09pm On Oct 17, 2022
coatofwealth:

Immediately the sim is inserted into the phone. Activated sim cannot be block until after 6 or more months of not in use.

Then its obvious this Sim has a problem.

A voice keeps saying the line isn't active and that i should visit any of their retail stores. Such frustration
Re: New MTN Sim Failed To Activate Since Saturday by smith946: 8:36pm On Oct 17, 2022
Endeared:

NIN slip that i have been using for official purpose since 2016 can't be invalid na.

If i go to Mtn office with that Sim,wont they charge me again?
Probably 500 naira to 1000 naira depending on your location...
Re: New MTN Sim Failed To Activate Since Saturday by coatofwealth(m): 8:39pm On Oct 17, 2022
Endeared:

Then its obvious this Sim has a problem.

A voice keeps saying the line isn't active and that i should visit any of their retail stores. Such frustration

Yeah! I can relate, sorry for the stress you have passed through. Try to visit the store you bought the sim to lay your complain for total solution. Cheers

1 Like

Re: New MTN Sim Failed To Activate Since Saturday by coatofwealth(m): 8:49pm On Oct 17, 2022
Reginah123:
Please I want to upgrade my MTN SIM to 4g, but it was my mother who registered it for me long ago
What can I do
Mummy will be the person to upgrade the sim so far she was the one who registered the sim and her NIN has been linked to it if I'm not mistaken.
Re: New MTN Sim Failed To Activate Since Saturday by Reginah123: 10:02pm On Oct 17, 2022
coatofwealth:

Mummy will be the person to upgrade the sim so far she was the one who registered the sim and her NIN has been linked to it if I'm not mistaken.

No o
We registered in 2013 before all these nin kini
By she used my name.
N I already linked my nin sef
Re: New MTN Sim Failed To Activate Since Saturday by coatofwealth(m): 10:18pm On Oct 17, 2022
Reginah123:

No o
We registered in 2013 before all these nin kini
By she used my name.
N I already linked my nin sef

Wow! Lucky you
You are good to go. The last time I checked, upgrading of sim is free and you will also be given 4GB data.
Go to MTN office close to you with your NIN and the sim. Make sure you copy all your contacts on the sim to your phone because the 3g sim will be collected from you.
Cheers.
Re: New MTN Sim Failed To Activate Since Saturday by Endeared(f): 11:40am On Oct 18, 2022
coatofwealth:

Yeah! I can relate, sorry for the stress you have passed through. Try to visit the store you bought the sim to lay your complain for total solution. Cheers

It seems some Nigeria retail outlets derive pleasure in stressing out customers because I see no reason why an Mtn retail outlet won’t take time to render a good service to a customer. Why the rush?

I was in the outlet this morning fuming and then they collected the sim from me..re-did the registration,took my photo, still went through the processes they did on the first day before I could get my line activated.

Such reckless service. While I was there another came with same complain. He did his since on Sunday and the line didn’t get activated.

Thanks so much for all ur replies coatofwealth. I appreciate smiley

1 Like

Re: New MTN Sim Failed To Activate Since Saturday by Reginah123: 11:15pm On Oct 18, 2022
coatofwealth:

Wow! Lucky you
You are good to go. The last time I checked, upgrading of sim is free and you will also be given 4GB data.
Go to MTN office close to you with your NIN and the sim. Make sure you copy all your contacts on the sim to your phone because the 3g sim will be collected from you.
Cheers.

Thank you

(1) (Reply)

Anybody Out There Knows A Website I Can Get Unlimited Mp3 Musicals? / How Do I Configure My Gprs Settings - Zain, My Fone Model Is Samsung C5212 / Website To 'total Destroy' Your Lost/stolen Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.