Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,375 members, 7,815,797 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University (23483 Views)

See This Examination Questions In Indian University / Awa'aji Zanna Graduates With FIRST CLASS From Indian University / Indian University Creates Cartoon Characters Of Students For Virtual Graduation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University by Sapa23: 6:29pm On Oct 17, 2022
Nigerian students are being attacked in a University Campus near Delhi - 30,000 Nigerian students come to study in India paying money, 50,000 Indians live in Nigeria to make money.
Watch video: https://twitter.com/ashoswai/status/1581952480325222400

About 60 Nigerian students pursuing academics in an Indian private university GD Goenka University have fled their campus after they were allegedly beaten and abused on the football field and in their hostel.

According to the Times of India, the Nigerian students said they feared for their lives and were staying in various places of Delhi temporarily as they sought the intervention of the Nigerian embassy intervention

Reports revealed they opted for the “temporary” decision to leave following a protest by a group of Indian students against Nigerians for offering prayers on the football ground nearly a month ago.

The protesting students, who shouted “Jai Shri Ram” slogans, had lodged a complaint with the registrar, asking the authorities to ensure the Nigerians offered rituals or prayers known as ‘namaz’ in India only in their hostel rooms. The matter was resolved amicably, police and the university had said then.

However, on Sunday both the police and the university management said the football field had nothing to do with the protests over ‘namaz’ a month ago.

According to a Nigerian student, Khaleel, the trouble erupted on Friday, when the university decided to have both Indian and Nigerian students in one team.

Our captain spoke with the sports officer and laid down his objections against a ‘mixed team’. The officer decided to call off the match. Despite that, a few Indian students entered the field and before anyone could realise a thing, someone hit our captain on the head with an iron rod. Outsiders, who had come on bikes, also joined them and there was a clash. However, the matter was resolved that day itself,” Khaleel said.

Khaleel alleged that a group of Indian students attacked them in the hostel the next day (Saturday).

They hurled abuses and threatened us with dire consequences. We are 63 Nigerians here in total. We have left the campus for the time being and are staying in Delhi,” he added.

Indian students, on the other hand, alleged they were attacked by a group of Nigerians. Sultan Khan, a pharmacy student, alleged that he was walking on the campus on Saturday when 4 to 5 Nigerians used swearwords that were aimed at him.

“They kept raining blows on me. My friends came to my rescue, but they were thrashed with sticks and rods too,” said Sultan, who lodged a police complaint.

Both sides have lodged complaints against each other at Sohna City police station, leading to cross-FIRs. The cases have been registered under sections 323 (voluntarily causing hurt), 34 (common intention) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the IPC.

“There was no major incident. The two groups had an argument during a football match, which escalated into a fight. We have received complaints from both sides and registered cross-FIRs. We are scanning CCTV footage and will take action accordingly,” said Upasana, the ACP (south).

The university management insisted that no student had left the campus. They, however, said that 10 students had been suspended for their alleged involvement in the ruckus during the Friday match.

https://saharareporters.com/2022/10/17/panic-many-nigerian-students-injured-indian-colleagues-during-clash-university-near

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/gurgaon/60-nigerians-flee-gurgaon-campus-after-thrashing/amp_articleshow/94903158.cms

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University by FreeStuffsNG: 6:33pm On Oct 17, 2022
chuke chuke glorified high school 'universities'! smh.

While Sowore's alma mater and my prestigiously illustrious UNILAG ranks within 401-500 globally, this low rate school in India ranks very poorly within India and far worse low ranking globally at 8594 yet some lazy students and indulgent parents travel several kilometres to end up in such lowly rated school.smh.

NUC must blacklist certificates from these mushroom low rated schools. NYSC and employers should reject any product of such schools.
check my signature for free stuffs!

90 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 17, 2022
bloody curry munchers.

17 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 17, 2022
Sapa23:

Reports revealed they opted for the “temporary” decision to leave following a protest by a group of Indian students against Nigerians for offering prayers on the football ground nearly a month ago
So, the 2 "R's" started the riot.
Religion and racism?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University by fergie001: 8:06pm On Oct 17, 2022
Dem fit don Ronaldinho one Indian like that.

This is bad..... Ambassador do something!
Re: Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University by Brunosamel(m): 8:06pm On Oct 17, 2022
Ever since I made a decision to become an atheist I have been free and nothing will ever make me go into any religion being it Christianity, Islam or any sorts.

Religion is a hoax that was created for mass hypnosis ans synchronization.

24 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University by ecolime(m): 8:07pm On Oct 17, 2022
Travel from Nigeria to India for studies? lipsrsealed

God forbid BAThing

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University by hopefulLandlord: 8:07pm On Oct 17, 2022
Religion has no use in modern day.

Nothing good can come from religion. any benefit we think we are getting from religion is due to our assuming religion is responsible; if we dig deeper we'd realise there are other sources but we're simply too lazy or too fond of religion to find them.

Religion just gives us one more reason to hate each other, as though the reasons we have already aren't enough......

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University by Prechgold1180(m): 8:07pm On Oct 17, 2022
Omo
Re: Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University by Akalia(m): 8:08pm On Oct 17, 2022
Of all countries to choose from to study abroad. Why India?

19 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University by MufasaLion: 8:08pm On Oct 17, 2022
I'd rather die in Nigeria than go to India.

34 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University by seanwilliam(m): 8:08pm On Oct 17, 2022
Buhari
Re: Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University by JosephXavier: 8:09pm On Oct 17, 2022
May we not be in a situation where we will seek the help of Nigerian embassies

24 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University by aikyg(m): 8:09pm On Oct 17, 2022
Too bad. What is wrong with these garlic chewers? Anyway, I don't blame them; I blame our clueless leaders, who bastardized our educational system.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University by YourHerbalOrgan(f): 8:09pm On Oct 17, 2022
it is well with you my dear
Re: Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University by Yankee101: 8:09pm On Oct 17, 2022
If you try the Islamic extremism you do in nigeria in other countries you might not get the same results

10 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University by Yugoslavia247(m): 8:09pm On Oct 17, 2022
Respect your host country. How many times have you seen Indians worship their god in public. They have them in their houses but they don't bother people.

But we Nigerians we go to another man county and feel it's our right to disturb their privacy in the name of what we serve.

Then we make enemies who never forget but fight us.

Now Indians we see Nigerians as threat. Don't forget we have polluted their economy with hard drugs and they already have a bad image of us.

Indians in Nigeria are only good at making us work out ass off.

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University by Lawalemi(m): 8:09pm On Oct 17, 2022
Buhari misrule forced them out. Now see what Nigerians are facing abroad.
APC must be banned forever

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University by xynerise: 8:09pm On Oct 17, 2022
Even India?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University by Yugoslavia247(m): 8:09pm On Oct 17, 2022
Yankee101:
If you try the Islamic extremism you do in nigeria in other countries you might not get the same results

Namaz is Salah. Muslim prayer.
Maybe Nigerians forgot that Indians don't tolerate Muslims that much given the history of terrorism and extremism.

I wonder why pray on the field. In Nigeria people block road to pray. All religions are guilty of this.

At the end we are fantastically and morally bankrupt.

We are dishonest and have no integrity then we end using religion as escape root.

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University by MufasaLion: 8:10pm On Oct 17, 2022
Akalia:
Of all countries to choose from to study abroad. Why India?

They are there because that place is a zoo like Nigeria and is easier to enter. Poorly rated schools. Nigerians don't rate themselves!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University by Starz825(m): 8:10pm On Oct 17, 2022
Naija ...
He go be one day sha
Evolution will take place....
He no wa reach

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University by MufasaLion: 8:11pm On Oct 17, 2022
Lawalemi:
Buhari misrule forced them out. Now see what Nigerians are facing abroad.
APC must be banned forever

Buhari forced them? Are there no better schools in Nigeria? Some of you talk without reasoning.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University by Nettybrown(m): 8:12pm On Oct 17, 2022
Imagine
Re: Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University by malali: 8:13pm On Oct 17, 2022
Sheikh Peter ibn Obitoolie

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 17, 2022
Brunosamel:
Ever since I made a decision to become an atheist I have been free and nothing will ever make me go into any religion being it Christianity, Islam or any sorts.

Religion is a hoax that was created for mass hypnosis ans synchronization.
Absolutely religion is a scam!

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 17, 2022
What difference does it make? Students are attacked daily by naigerians in naigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Students Attacked & Injured In Indian University by aikyg(m): 8:16pm On Oct 17, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
Fulani and Afonja Mozlems don jam fanatics wey pass dem for India.
You should be ashamed of yourself. Phoool! Onye iberibe!

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Teacher’s Car Crushes Pupil To Death In Lagos School / JAMB: Answers Not In The Options, Lament Candidates / Picture Of Mountain Top University, Ogun, Music College

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.