Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,385 members, 7,812,134 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:47 AM

Dimka: A Teacher We Must Learn From - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Dimka: A Teacher We Must Learn From (1126 Views)

The Story Of Bode Thomas: A Lesson Of Respect And Humility To Learn From / A Lesson To Learn From Bolivia / Ten Things You Can Learn From A Nigerian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dimka: A Teacher We Must Learn From by darfur(m): 2:44pm On Aug 21, 2007
if not for abacha, we nigerians would not have known the importance of democracy. but b/c abacha came, and completely ruled naija single handedly, at his own whims and caprices, to his own benefits, we then realised that no matter how bad, we no need military again. as bad as 2003 elections were, no one called for military intervention. when 2007 elections came and made it worse, we still preferred our quasi democracy.

in the same vein, dimka and people like him have made it clear how tribalism can ruin a nation. in nairaland, we have not met each other, we dont know each other. you dont even know if the other person is the gendr displayed or at the location desplayed and yet so much bitterness ensues such that some threads become war zones and eventually get torn apart. perhaps we can learn from it. this can show us that we can take 200yrs to fight ourselves and destroy the nation and eventually have ourselves to blame.

perhaps, like abacha did, dimka is teaching us that nigeria can never move forward until we embrace each other, despite our tribal differences, as nigerians.

this we must learn from dimka. while he remains banned.
Re: Dimka: A Teacher We Must Learn From by londoner: 2:49pm On Aug 21, 2007
What happened with Dimka?
Re: Dimka: A Teacher We Must Learn From by darfur(m): 2:52pm On Aug 21, 2007
banned
Re: Dimka: A Teacher We Must Learn From by londoner: 3:02pm On Aug 21, 2007
Yes I gather that, but what led to it?
Re: Dimka: A Teacher We Must Learn From by laudate: 4:35pm On Aug 21, 2007
Bad belle, attacks, counter attacks and a whole lot of stuff.

Other folks need to be banned too, for posting stories and articles that are highly defammatory of other ethnic groups. . . . . . . not just Dimka.
Re: Dimka: A Teacher We Must Learn From by kelon: 5:49pm On Aug 21, 2007
lol.
Re: Dimka: A Teacher We Must Learn From by darfur(m): 6:20pm On Aug 21, 2007
laudate:

Bad belle, attacks, counter attacks and a whole lot of stuff.

Other folks need to be banned too, for posting stories and articles that are highly defammatory of other ethnic groups. . . . . . . not just Dimka.

yes o. but i believe anyone yet to be banned in nl has not yet done anything significant
Re: Dimka: A Teacher We Must Learn From by kelon: 6:25pm On Aug 21, 2007
all this because of Dimka. tongue
Re: Dimka: A Teacher We Must Learn From by PhysicsQED(m): 4:45pm On Sep 18, 2012
Who the hell was dimka?
Re: Dimka: A Teacher We Must Learn From by ifyalways(f): 3:30am On Sep 20, 2012
^he was the guy that plotted the coup against Muritala Mohamed. Successful coup but he never smelt the seat of power he so much coveted either.

@topic, lool.
This thread was started by OP after a long, unsuccessful round of "igba ncha" tongue
Re: Dimka: A Teacher We Must Learn From by PhysicsQED(m): 3:38am On Sep 20, 2012
I meant the poster dimka. It seems that back in nairaland's early days one could be banned merely for "bad belle" and "attacks" and "counterattacks," which is funny to me. I wanted to know who this poster was and what his offense was and I upped the thread in case anyone who joined nairaland much earlier knew.

(1) (Reply)

Must See!! The Word NIGGA / Yoruba Language To Become Compulsory In All Lagos Schools / 6 Main Reasons You Should Choose Marrying A Yoruba Guy Ahead Of Other Tribes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.