Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:59 AM

Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ (29361 Views)

Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration / Nigerian Youths And The ‘Japa’ Syndrome, By Fredrick Nwabufo / The Cost Of Fueling A Plane From Lagos To London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by sofeo(m): 12:26pm On Oct 18, 2022
Ofcourse
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by nedekid: 12:26pm On Oct 18, 2022
libertyfather:
I cant even read, cause I never chop
Haba shocked
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Tonygeesm(m): 12:26pm On Oct 18, 2022
I lost hope in the country Nigeria long time ago only two persons will either make me leave or stay back and they are prophet Nnamdi kanu peace be unto him and blessed Peter obi blessings of God be upon him

1 Like

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by beejay509(m): 12:27pm On Oct 18, 2022
To those of you that have the opportunity to japa now just japa before Buhari turns this country to dust
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by juitar(m): 12:27pm On Oct 18, 2022
And Amosun no con dey happy say guys dey Japa.
I personally know 7 guys wey don Japa with their families go UK only this year. 5 of them are married while 2 are single
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by AfahaAbia(m): 12:28pm On Oct 18, 2022
I just got my visa to move to Sweden.. It's very serious though. Most of my colleagues (IT department) where I work have all moved abroad. It's that serious.

2 Likes

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Horus(m): 12:29pm On Oct 18, 2022
Those who create wealth can help eliminate poverty
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by gaby(m): 12:30pm On Oct 18, 2022
Racoon:
The present disastrous governance heightened the upsurge of this ugly trend in our national life. Never have a time reached that Nigerians will even go suicidal just to leave their country reluctantly as it is today.

I'm sorry bro. It didn't just start today or under this regime. It only just got more publicity with probably more legal ways to japa. If in doubt, check my signature for how we did it in 1998. While on it, I knew people who also went through the same route in the 70s.

3 Likes

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by dazzlingd(m): 12:30pm On Oct 18, 2022
ogododo:
Problem be say na upward and mobile people dey Japa, for some banks not may IT staff dey, oil and gas na dat worse pass.

Can you check what you wrote, I no understand

1 Like

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by johnoj24(m): 12:30pm On Oct 18, 2022
more money for passport office.
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 18, 2022
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by teslimalis: 12:33pm On Oct 18, 2022

High capacity power++banks.

LeD display
Fast charge
Multiple protections

Pay on delivery nationwide

call or whatsapp

1 Share

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by nedekid: 12:34pm On Oct 18, 2022
Racoon:
The present disastrous governance heightened the upsurge of this ugly trend in our national life. Never have a time reached that Nigerians will even go suicidal just to leave their country reluctantly as it is today.
But so many people insist that this is the best government. That they have boosted the economy, lifted people out of poverty, built Niger bridge fixed the federal roads (me I drove from Lagos to Ilusan few weeks ago, spent 80k fixing my car suspension when I got back), done train and infrastructure, some go as far as saying "darling daddy" is doing well (ask mannabbq).
Another says it has been so good he wants to consolidate and build on it when he becomes "PRESENT".
Bro, are these people seeing what we are not seeing? Are we wrong and are they right?

4 Likes

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Angelfrost(m): 12:36pm On Oct 18, 2022
Rich4god:
Number one is insecurity....

Two is lack of job or low paying jobs.

Every other thing is secondary.

Actually, insecurity is quite secondary for many relocating!

Primarily, it is economic! The exchange rate and overdependence on imported goods to the point of earning what wealthy people earn abroad yet still poor! That's unacceptable to a sane mind!

2 Likes

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Ekpekus(m): 12:36pm On Oct 18, 2022
TriittNG:

I'm trying to leave Canada and come back home but the govt seized my traveling documents.
Personally for me, my best moments and memories were in Nigeria.
Which of the government
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Timoleon(m): 12:36pm On Oct 18, 2022
True. The article is just a truckload of opposites to reality. Is it people living below poverty level that are gathering millions to go abroad or people on 137,000 per year? Person wey chop well Na him Dey japa to go get where him no go only chop well but chop and remain. Those living below poverty line are still chasing how to chop well first.
ogododo:
Problem be say na upward and mobile people dey Japa, for some banks not may IT staff dey, oil and gas na dat worse pass.

3 Likes

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by richmanrichard: 12:37pm On Oct 18, 2022
So far d analysis is coming from an Igbo man; they will term it "flat news", but later it becomes both coner's and aboki's problems too.
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by YourHerbalOrgan(f): 12:38pm On Oct 18, 2022
Japan with sense ooo
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Forumobserver12(m): 12:39pm On Oct 18, 2022
Nigerians never had it this bad before, the wordJ"APA" has now become a national anthem in our mouths....Which other index do we need to draw a conclusion that this present Government has failed Nigerians beyond any measure ?

Today the number of Nigerians seeking greener pastures has become unprecedented, including those supporting this present Government, the situation is really shameful...
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Timoleon(m): 12:39pm On Oct 18, 2022
Who seize your documents? Wetin be the story make we hear.
TriittNG:

I'm trying to leave Canada and come back home but the govt seized my traveling documents.
Personally for me, my best moments and memories were in Nigeria.
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by ariesbull: 12:41pm On Oct 18, 2022
Bulshit, travelling out of Nigeria will cost an individual up to 2 million, air ticket is upto a million then other cost like Visa etc..it is NEVER POVERTY that is fueling them to leave but the GREEN GRASS SYNDROME...and TOKUNBO Mentality...they assume that it is always better there but life no easy there las las

who no go no go know

with amillion you can start business comfortably and succeed after 2 yrs....BLACKMAN DEY WAN TRAVEL OUT OF NIGERIA GO EUROPE ASIANS ARE TROOPING INTO NIGERIA TO MAKE IT...We no get sense shaaaa

no quote me

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by stacyadams: 12:42pm On Oct 18, 2022
nedekid:

But so many people insist that this is the best government. That they have boosted the economy, lifted people out of poverty, built Niger bridge fixed the federal roads (me I drove from Lagos to Ilusan few weeks ago, spent 80k fixing my car suspension when I got back), done train and infrastructure, some go as far as saying "darling daddy" is doing well (ask mannabbq).
Another says it has been so good he wants to consolidate and build on it when he becomes "PRESENT".
Bro, are these people seeing what we are not seeing? Are we wrong and are they right?

They are mentally challenged

1 Like

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Hachemedes: 12:42pm On Oct 18, 2022
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by dododawa1: 12:43pm On Oct 18, 2022
Best option now is JAPA
Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by lexrichy(m): 12:45pm On Oct 18, 2022
The plan is to make all southern youths japa while bringing in their fulani Northern Brothers to nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by udemzeus(m): 12:45pm On Oct 18, 2022
Japa is an advantage to the Nigerian economy, diaspora remittances are flowing back to the economy.

It's not a bad idea, Europe has an aging population and will experience shortage of workers sooner than later, Africans should fill up these space.

What I recommend organizations and companies in Nigeria to do is create more internship programs and educate new graduates on how their companies work, tools they she and how they operate.

Then should be used to replace the ones who want to leave .

HR should stop negotiation of salaries with people who wants to leave.

We have a high unemployment rate, if people get offer abroad, allow them to and replace them with people who don't have jobs.

We should stop running business like a family affair, no one is loyal to anyone or company.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by MrBroke(m): 12:46pm On Oct 18, 2022
I know things are shitty in nigeria but if you are programmed to suffer, going to heaven won't change anything

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by Slynation(m): 12:46pm On Oct 18, 2022
I don't think Japa can be attributed to poverty, because "na who see food chop dey find visa" But japa syndrome can be attributed to greener pastures and a better standard of living where virtually everything is working...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by femmoy(m): 12:47pm On Oct 18, 2022
Honourable1901:
Make them dey go abegii, by the time this country becomes great, they will come back with so many regrets

Na there make you siddon,you go grow old and nothing would change,instead it will go from bad to worse. Nigeria can never work unless we split and go different ways.

2 Likes

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by udemzeus(m): 12:50pm On Oct 18, 2022
Japa can be an added advantage to the Nigerian economy, diaspora remittances are flowing back to the economy.

It's not a bad idea, Europe has an aging population and will experience shortage of workers sooner than later, Africans should fill up these space.

What I recommend organizations and companies in Nigeria to do is create more internship programs and educate new graduates on how their companies work, tools they make use of and how they operate.

Then should be used to replace the ones who want to leave .

HR should stop negotiation of salaries with people who wants to leave.

We have a high unemployment rate, if people get offer abroad, allow them to and replace them with people who don't have jobs.

We should stop running business like a family affair, no one is loyal to anyone or company.

1 Like

Re: Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ by 8stargeneral: 12:51pm On Oct 18, 2022
AfahaAbia:
I just got my visa to move to Sweden.. It's very serious though. Most of my colleagues (IT department) where I work have all moved abroad. It's that serious.
congratulations..don't look back...oluwa go bless u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

5 Ridiculous Hotel Fees You Should Never Pay / 5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Imo / Taxify Wants To Change The Way 18 Million Lagosians Move Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.