Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,473 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:09 AM

Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration (28588 Views)

Rising Poverty, Inequality, Insecurity Fueling ‘Japa Syndrome’ / FG Advises Nigerians Against Travelling To Northern Cyprus / Nigerian Youths And The ‘Japa’ Syndrome, By Fredrick Nwabufo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration by Octopusssy(f): 11:15am On Nov 25, 2022
The Nigeria Immigration (NIS) has cautioned Nigerians on the dangers of irregular migration, so as not to waste their future.

The Comptroller-General of Immigration, Mr Isah Jere, gave the warning in Abuja on Thursday at a news conference.

Jere, who was represented by Mr Tony Akuneme, the NIS Public Relations Officer said the service was committed to sensitising Nigerians on the dangers of irregular migration

“A lot of people want to travel without knowing what they are going to do or where they are going to exactly.

“People are being brainwashed by agents of irregular migration and you think life is better on the other side.

“Who says there are no beggars in Canada, USA or UK?

“There are beggars and homeless people in these countries you are rushing to
,” he said.

The NIS boss said one could travel if the person has a legal job waiting, admission into school or any concrete legal means of survival.

“If the young people are told that the Libya they are going to is not better than Nigeria, that will at least give them a rethink.

“You can’t be excited going to a country you know nothing about
”, he said.

According to him, some of the young people rushing out don’t even use the Nigeria passport issued to them.

So what’s the point in getting a document that you don’t need and putting pressure on the system?” he asked

The CG urged the media to help in educating the citizens on the dangers of illegal migration.
https://guardian.ng/news/nis-cautions-nigerians-against-irregular-migration/

In sum: If you go hopeless, you come back hopeless. sad

34 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration by Octopusssy(f): 11:17am On Nov 25, 2022
Peledonomy:
Ftc
Clap for yourself. A great achievement on this great day

17 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration by Massiveglory: 11:50am On Nov 25, 2022
Good advice but it is not a reason for Immigration officials to become armed robbers in the name of obtaining international passport.

That is why we need podatti to come begin the resetting of our nation. If the nation is encouraging, people will not be running to japa anyhow.

139 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 25, 2022
Interesting...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration by jojothaiv(m): 7:22pm On Nov 25, 2022
Will the recent japa waves eliminate poverty in Nigeria?

I'm asking for a friend who has 10million naira and want to move to Malta.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration by ShaiofLagos(f): 7:22pm On Nov 25, 2022
They should fix the country

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration by Slawomirr: 7:22pm On Nov 25, 2022
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
This man na warey
Make him continue to dey preach
Na ten years passport dey with me

Anything make me japa ehnnn....no returning back

Na because say Thailand requirements dey hard me i for don japa...them dey request for my national drug law visa certificate and to get am na war
doggedfighter:

Been a while !

How's Benin ?
Benin city is good anyday anytime twice on Friday

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration by Mide70: 7:22pm On Nov 25, 2022
As far as we all wish to experience the other side of the continent I must tell you this article is a great one ... So many don't know their bearing but want to travel by all means .. you don't have any meaningful skill, you don't made researches but saa want to japa .. well God help us all . Not also easy at the other end . So many cannot come home because they are not really making it down there . It's good to go but plan it well and make researches and get a skill. Above all pray if you should . Don't quote me if you don't gerrit

23 Likes

Re: Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration by Sleekcode: 7:22pm On Nov 25, 2022
See the imbecile_ cautioning people.
Just ask him where his kids are schooling first

Nonsense

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration by mekusmanuel(f): 7:22pm On Nov 25, 2022
You can't discourage us! Japa all the way!

26 Likes

Re: Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration by Jones4190(m): 7:22pm On Nov 25, 2022
the man is laughing at himself, he know that he is whinnying

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration by aloyin(m): 7:22pm On Nov 25, 2022
Nigeria...... May God save this country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration by MufasaLion: 7:23pm On Nov 25, 2022
People will always migrate, but shouldn't be illegally. The government should make the country more habitable for citizens also.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration by timesuploaded: 7:23pm On Nov 25, 2022
Japa is stupidity. You have to be a dumb person to live this great country to Canada or America. America and Canada are failed nations. Nigerians in diasporans should be held responsible responsible not painting the true picture of living in Canada. Tell Americans to pay fully for their houses and 99.9% of them will be homeless and sleeping on the street this very minute. Tell them to pay cash for their cars and 90% of them will start trekking. This brainwashing madness of Japa need to stop. Japa is the beginning of your failure

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration by AFRICANJAMAICA: 7:23pm On Nov 25, 2022
Rubbish

You dont want to fix d country ,
You dont want your citizens to leave.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration by tunapawizzy: 7:23pm On Nov 25, 2022
well
Re: Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration by Houseofglam7(f): 7:23pm On Nov 25, 2022
undecided
Re: Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration by Eriokanmi: 7:23pm On Nov 25, 2022
Dem no dey tell pesin
Re: Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration by Abahmoses18(m): 7:24pm On Nov 25, 2022
Welcome back Slawomirr

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration by kennyz247(m): 7:24pm On Nov 25, 2022
God bless me make I japa from this country called Nigeria..
I honest prayers🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

1 Like

Re: Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration by doggedfighter(f): 7:24pm On Nov 25, 2022
Why does his face look like he's mocking Nigerians ?

1 Like

Re: Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration by Ologundudu2020: 7:24pm On Nov 25, 2022
pls where can I move to, with a budget of 1m, plan to take my family and immediate friends along

7 Likes

Re: Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration by habeeb246(m): 7:24pm On Nov 25, 2022
Document we don’t need bawo

2 Likes

Re: Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration by toprealman: 7:25pm On Nov 25, 2022
Same immigration extorting Nigerians of their hard earned money acting as if they care.
Those officers hating politicians yet they have the mind to collect almost 3 time the official rate. It is well.

6 Likes

Re: Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration by doggedfighter(f): 7:25pm On Nov 25, 2022
Slawomirr:
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
This man na warey

Been a while !

How's Benin ?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration by inoki247: 7:25pm On Nov 25, 2022
lol make dem continue dey carry dem sef go where dem no know....
Re: Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration by MufasaLion: 7:25pm On Nov 25, 2022
aloyin:
Nigeria...... May God save this country

No diety is the cause or saviour of the country. Focus on electing people with compassion, empathy and intelligence to handle the resources of the nation. Start from your local community.

3 Likes

Re: Japa Syndrome: NIS Cautions Nigerians Against Irregular Migration by madridguy(m): 7:26pm On Nov 25, 2022
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Officer Dies In Accident While Going To His New Post After Promotion / Accident Involving Multiple Vehicles In Port-Harcourt (Photos) / Iddo Railway Terminal On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.