Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,053 members, 7,828,706 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

This Is What Most Nigerians Don't Know About A Nuclear War. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / This Is What Most Nigerians Don't Know About A Nuclear War. (749 Views)

FG Now Paying More For Subsidy, But many Nigerians Don't Know - El-Rufai / Buhari Silent Because Most Nigerians Killed In South Africa Are Igbos – Omokri / Aye Dee: Nigerians Don't Have Right To Access Internet On Election Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is What Most Nigerians Don't Know About A Nuclear War. by Andres28(m): 11:35am On Oct 18, 2022
I have come to understand that a lot of Nigeria are desperately urging Putin to use nuclear weapons on Ukraine to spite USA and the west because of their hatred for them.
But I'm sure these folks do not know the catastrophic effect of nuclear weapons.
I want to educate you all that a nuclear war means Armageddon.That means total destruction of humans on the face of the earth.
I was laughing really hard when I heard someone saying he would relocate quickly from USA back to Nigeria in the event of a nuclear war but I want to tell you not to bother waste your time booking a flight..
Just say your last prayer there while we say ours here.

Re: This Is What Most Nigerians Don't Know About A Nuclear War. by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 18, 2022
Not true.

USA can be nuclear bombed and the effects will not even reach Canada or Brazil.

4 Likes

Re: This Is What Most Nigerians Don't Know About A Nuclear War. by thesicilian: 11:41am On Oct 18, 2022
Andres28:
I have come to understand that a lot of Nigeria are desperately urging Putin to use nuclear weapons on Ukraine to spite USA and the west because of their hatred for them.
But I'm sure these folks do not know the catastrophic effect of nuclear weapons.
I want to educate you all that a nuclear war means Armageddon.That means total destruction of humans on the face of the earth.
I was laughing really hard when I heard someone saying he would relocate quickly from USA back to Nigeria in the event of a nuclear war but I want to tell you not to bother waste your time booking a flight..
Just say your last prayer there while we say ours here.

Message to all Putin urchins in Nairaland.

If the purpose of your post is to educate, then I'll advise you first to desist from name calling. This is especially because not aligning with a particular line of thought does not necessarily make the dissenting party an "urchin."

Secondly I'll also like you to educate yourself first that using a nuclear weapon on a country might be disastrous for even the neighbouring countries, but that doesn't mean the end of the world for others.
Case in point? The USA dropped not one, but 2 nuclear bombs on the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945, but that wasn't even enough to wipe out Japan, not to talk of Asia or the world.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Most Nigerians Don't Know About A Nuclear War. by Andres28(m): 11:45am On Oct 18, 2022
thesicilian:

If the purpose of your post is to educate, then I'll advise you first to desist from name calling

Sorry..now modified

1 Like

Re: This Is What Most Nigerians Don't Know About A Nuclear War. by Andres28(m): 11:47am On Oct 18, 2022
AstraDroid:
Not true.

USA can be nuclear bombed and the effects will not even reach Canada or Brazil.

grin grin grin how could USA be bombed with nuclear weapons without it culminating to world nuclear war...or are you smoking something right there?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is What Most Nigerians Don't Know About A Nuclear War. by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 18, 2022
Andres28:

grin grin grin how could USA be bombed with nuclear weapons without it culminating to world nuclear war...or are you smoking something right there?

You don't still make intelligent sense., even in World wars, bombs don't affect entire planet

2 Likes

Re: This Is What Most Nigerians Don't Know About A Nuclear War. by owobokiri(m): 11:54am On Oct 18, 2022
No one is asking for a nuclear war from Russia. But Russia has got the right to use all in her powers to defend her people, especially when she's the one dealing with this mayhem in her own borders . All that the intelligent minds out there are asking for is that NATO should stop conducting her foreign policy with bombs, rockets and guns around the world. That's all. If there was no NATO expansion into Russian borders, there wouldn't have been any Russian invasion of Zelenskys Ukraine. And that's where the rub is. It's very pathetic for some of you citizens of the developing world to discuss such sensitive and contentious international debacle as the Russia vs Ukraine war, without any attempt to unearth the alarming consequences of NATOs pugnacious overreach in the former USSR in particular and around the world in general.

Let's repeat it again; What Putin is doing in Ukraine is what every solid and powerful leader should do; defend your motherland against any aggressors ruthlessly, unapologetically and vehemently. NATO bases anywhere near Russia are intentional provocative steps taken by a weakening West to instigate an avalanche of international crises and catastrophes, in other to still stay relevant and dominant in world affairs. It's a bloody game that gulps peoples lives in millions and the West have been playing this game since the 80s. The West as you see it today can NEVER be as powerful as it was yesterday. Westerners know this very well but are adamantly opposed to living with this reality. . China is rapidly rising, Russia is militarily getting sophisticated. Iran is coming on with all sorts serious military gadgets, The BRIC nations are competing too. Even India is slowly charting a new cause! The west is fidgeting and is starting fired all over the place as a result..

1 Like

Re: This Is What Most Nigerians Don't Know About A Nuclear War. by Andres28(m): 11:59am On Oct 18, 2022
thesicilian:

If the purpose of your post is to educate, then I'll advise you first to desist from name calling. This is especially because not aligning with a particular line of thought does not necessarily make the dissenting party an "urchin."

Secondly I'll also like you to educate yourself first that using a nuclear weapon on a country might be disastrous for even the neighbouring countries, but that doesn't mean the end of the world for others.
Case in point? The USA dropped not one, but 2 nuclear bombs on the Japanese cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945, but that wasn't even enough to wipe out Japan, not to talk of Asia or the world.

I have modified my post already.
Now let me educate you more on today's nuclear status.
In 1945 only USA had nuclear weapons that was why it could use it on Japan.
Had it been Japan had nuclear weapons may be just about 10 war heads USA would not have used nuclear weapons on Japan.
Now let me tell tell you, in the event of a nuclear war today---its going to be an out war nuclear war.
Only Russia alone possess enough nuclear war heads to destroy the whole of this world if you don't know like wise Usa and China.
did you know that the bomb that destroyed Hiroshima and Nagasaki were just atomic bomb..the first one yielded only 13kiloton while the second 18kiloton..hydrogen bomb is about 100 times more powerful than an atomic bomb.
Today USA and Russia have ICBM that can yield about 300 to 500 kiloton. That is enough to wipe off an area as Lagos in a single strike.
Re: This Is What Most Nigerians Don't Know About A Nuclear War. by Andres28(m): 12:21pm On Oct 18, 2022
owobokiri:
No one is asking for a nuclear war from Russia. But Russia has got the right to use all in her powers to defend her people, especially when she's the one dealing with this mayhem in her own borders . All that the intelligent minds out there are asking for is that NATO should stop conducting her foreign policy with bombs, rockets and guns around the world. That's all. If there was no NATO expansion into Russian borders, there wouldn't have been any Russian invasion of Zelenskys Ukraine. And that's where the rub is. It's very pathetic for some of you citizens of the developing world to discuss such sensitive and contentious international debacle as the Russia vs Ukraine war, without any attempt to unearth the alarming consequences of NATOs pugnacious overreach in the former USSR in particular and around the world in general.

Let's repeat it again; What Putin is doing in Ukraine is what every solid and powerful leader should do; defend your motherland against any aggressors ruthlessly, unapologetically and vehemently. NATO bases anywhere near Russia are intentional provocative steps taken by a weakening West to instigate an avalanche of international crises and catastrophes, in other to still stay relevant and dominant in world affairs. It's a bloody game that gulps peoples lives in millions and the West have been playing this game since the 80s. The West as you see it today can NEVER be as powerful as it was yesterday. Westerners know this very well but are adamantly opposed to living with this reality. . China is rapidly rising, Russia is militarily getting sophisticated. Iran is coming on with all sorts serious military gadgets, The BRIC nations are competing too. Even India is slowly charting a new cause! The west is fidgeting and is starting fired all over the place as a result..

Thanks for your contribution bro.

OK. Now, how is the west provoking Putin in grabbing Ukrainian lands.
I guess you don't know the context of this war.
Re: This Is What Most Nigerians Don't Know About A Nuclear War. by psucc(m): 12:22pm On Oct 18, 2022
All these for war, a common problem, flood, is here and nobody is talking about it.
Re: This Is What Most Nigerians Don't Know About A Nuclear War. by owobokiri(m): 12:41pm On Oct 18, 2022
Andres28:

Thanks for your contribution bro.

OK. Now, how is the west provoking Putin in grabbing Ukrainian lands.
I guess you don't know the context of this war.

Do you understand the meaning of NATO.. That's North Atlantic Treaty Organization!

Do you understand the imports of the agreement in that very "Treaty" Read about it..

One of the cardinal principles of that treaty is that "any attack on one amounts to an attack on all"! What does that mean?

It means that if any none member of NATO attacks a NATO member country, all NATO member countries must immediately join the war to defend the attacked country!! And who are these NATO member countries? Some of them include Germany, France, Italy, The United States, Britain, Turkey etc.. These are countries with some of the finest armies in the world.., so if they come towards you as a group, you stand almost a zero chance of survival..

How does this relate to the present conflict?

NATO was formed to checkmate the then Soviet Union and the spread of Soviet Communism. Both Ukraine and Russia were all former members of the Soviet Union. Lots gleud relationships between these two, hundreds of kilometers of shared borders and many territories shared during the Soviet era , like Crimea.

The Soviet union had her own agreements with her former members to guard them Incase of an attack from non members: The "Warsaw Pact". This Pact was disbanded following the collapse of the Soviet union but NATO continued even with the demise of the Soviet union for which it was formed. NATO has gone on to accept more members from the former Soviet Union and fought in different parts of the world like in Libya and Afghanistan.., in the process having members from countries having some boundary issues with Russia. If Russia attacks these countries as a result of their petty boundary squabbles, it means that NATO has a constitutional obligation to attack Russia! Basically the start of another world war!

So when folks in Ukraine voted to join The EU and NATO, while they were having issues with Russia all over the place, from Crimea to Donbass, it was obvious that the Ukrainians were desperately trying to internationalize these border squabbles by involving NATO. Russia attacked them to stop them from roping in NATO members into their "mutual affairs", since that will force Russia to engage with the whole West.... I think it's a reasonable pre emptive strike to ward off some perennial imperialistic intruders. Ukrainians shouldn't have voted to join NATO. And there move to join The EU shouldn't have been done to antagonize Russia. That's the reality you have to deal with when your next door neighbor has the biggest nuclear warhead arsenal in the world.

Hope my explanation helps..
Re: This Is What Most Nigerians Don't Know About A Nuclear War. by Andres28(m): 12:54pm On Oct 18, 2022
owobokiri:

Do you understand the meaning of NATO.. That's North Atlantic Treaty Organization!

Do you understand the imports of the agreement in that very "Treaty" Read about it..

One of the cardinal principles of that treaty is that "any attack on one amounts to an attack on all"! What does that mean?

It means that if any none member of NATO attacks a NATO member country, all NATO member countries must immediately join the war to defend the attacked country!! And who are these NATO member countries? Some of them include Germany, France, Italy, The United States, Britain, Turkey etc.. These are countries with some of the finest armies in the world.., so if they come towards you as a group, you stand almost a zero chance of survival..

NATO was formed to checkmate the then Soviet Union and the spread of Soviet Communism. Both Ukraine and Russia were all former members of the Soviet Union. Lots gleud relationships between these two, hundreds of kilometers of shared borders and many territories shared during the Soviet era , like Crimea.

The Soviet union had her own agreements with her former members to guard them Incase of an attack from non members: The "Warsaw Pact". This pavt was disbanded following the collapse of the Soviet union but NATO continued even with the demise of the Soviet union for which it was formed. NATO has gone on to accept more members from the former Soviet union, in the process having members from countries having some boundary issues with Russia. If Russia attacks these countries as a result of their petty squabbles, it means that NATO has a constitutional obligation to attack Russia! Basically the start of another world war!

So when folks in Ukraine voted to join The EU and NATO, while they were having issues with Russia all over the place, from Crimea to Donbass, it was obvious that the Ukrainians were desperately trying to internationalize these border squabbles by involving NATO. Russia attacked them to stop them from roping in NATO members, thereby forcing Russia to engage with the whole West. I think it's a reasonable pre emptive strike to ward off some perennial imperialistic intruders. Ukrainians shouldn't have voted to join NATO. And there move to join EU shouldn't have been done to antagonize Russia.

Thanks.. But fact is prio to this war Ukraine was not applying to join NATO nor EU.
Its just of recent that Ukraine applied for EU because they are needing their support to pressure putin to end the war which Putin has also paid deaf ear to.
And fact is NATO was never going to admit Ukraine into NATO knowing that was pure provocation with Russia.
When Joe bidden warned that Putin was ammasing thousands of soldier to invade Ukraine, Putin publicly denied it but in few months time, here is the reality.
After the disintegration of the soviet union Russia asked Ukraine to renege it nuclear weapons to Russia which they were unwilling but after an agreement with USA they did so with the guarantee of security assistance if they were attacked.
If USA was looking to provoke Russia I'm sure they would not have supported Ukraine to give up its nuclear weapons to Russia in the first place.
You're reading so much of Moscow times man.
Re: This Is What Most Nigerians Don't Know About A Nuclear War. by owobokiri(m): 1:07pm On Oct 18, 2022
Andres28:

Thanks.. But fact is prio to this war Ukraine was not applying to join NATO nor EU.
Its just of recent that Ukraine applied for EU because they are needing their support to pressure putin to end the war which Putin has also paid deaf ear to.
And fact is NATO was never going to admit Ukraine into NATO knowing that was pure provocation with Russia.
When Joe bidden warned that Putin was ammasing thousands of soldier to invade Ukraine, Putin publicly denied it but in few months time, here is the reality.
After the disintegration of the soviet union Russia asked Ukraine to renege it nuclear weapons to Russia which they were unwilling but after an agreement with USA they did so with the guarantee of security assistance if they were attacked.
If USA was looking to provoke Russia I'm sure they would not have supported Ukraine to give up its nuclear weapons to Russia in the first place.
You're reading so much of Moscow times man.

This was as far back as 2017

Ukraine parliament restores NATO membership as strategic target

WARSAW, Poland – The Ukrainian parliament has voted to restore NATO membership as the country's strategic foreign policy objective.

The Verkhovna Rada passed a bill "to amend the Ukrainian laws on national security and internal and foreign policies. The new laws hereby enact Ukraine's commitment to achieve NATO membership strategically by having made it legally binding," the parliament said in a statement on June 8.

Passed by a majority of 276 MPs out of the 450 elected lawmakers, the bill represents a shift from Ukraine's previous non-aligned policy. The move is expected to stimulate increased military cooperation between Ukraine and NATO allies. It is also likely to foster procurements of Western-made weapons and military equipment to the Ukrainian Armed Forces, and spur partnerships between Ukraine's defense industry and foreign players.

Last February, Ukrainian Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman paid an official visit to NATO headquarters in Brussels. NATO Deputy Secretary general Rose Gottemoeller said at a joint press conference the alliance opposed "Russia's continuing destabilisation of eastern Ukraine."

"What we heard today is a unanimous support for Ukraine in such a difficult time. We highly evaluate our cooperation with … NATO in all spheres. We are very grateful for the support," Groysman said February 9.

Meanwhile, Kiev's strengthened commitment to joining NATO is also expected to further strain its relations with Moscow. Last March marked the third anniversary of Russia's annexation of Ukraine's Crimean peninsula that followed a military intervention.

https://www.defensenews.com/global/europe/2017/06/09/ukraine-parliament-restores-nato-membership-as-strategic-target/

They were playing with fire for a long time bro, and America just wanted them to dispose off their nuclear arsenal because that's one potential trouble spot solved and because Russia under Yeltsin was having a reasonably good relationship with the US. Not because the US was altruistic in the crises.

Re: This Is What Most Nigerians Don't Know About A Nuclear War. by Andres28(m): 1:16pm On Oct 18, 2022
owobokiri:

This was as far back as 2017

https://www.defensenews.com/global/europe/2017/06/09/ukraine-parliament-restores-nato-membership-as-strategic-target/

They were playing with fire for a long time bro, and America just wanted them to dispose off their nuclear arsenal because that's one potential trouble spot solved and because Russia under Yeltsin was having a reasonably good relationship with the US. Not because the US was altruistic in the crises.

There is nothing as playing with fire in terms of nuclear weapon..its always MAD. Even if you launch the first trike in hundreds of warhead.
If Ukraine still has their nuclear weapons today, Russia would be respecting its territorial integrity and not using USA has a smoke screen for it's ulterior aggressions on Ukraine.

1 Like

Re: This Is What Most Nigerians Don't Know About A Nuclear War. by Andres28(m): 1:24pm On Oct 18, 2022
OAM4J, Mynd44 move this to frontier
Re: This Is What Most Nigerians Don't Know About A Nuclear War. by jude79(m): 2:59pm On Oct 18, 2022
owobokiri:

The Soviet union had her own agreements with her former members to guard them Incase of an attack from non members: The "Warsaw Pact". This Pact was disbanded following the collapse of the Soviet union but NATO continued even with the demise of the Soviet union for which it was formed. NATO has gone on to accept more members from the former Soviet Union and fought in different parts of the world like in Libya and Afghanistan.., in the process having members from countries having some boundary issues with Russia. If Russia attacks these countries as a result of their petty boundary squabbles, it means that NATO has a constitutional obligation to attack Russia! Basically the start of another world war!

So when folks in Ukraine voted to join The EU and NATO, while they were having issues with Russia all over the place, from Crimea to Donbass, it was obvious that the Ukrainians were desperately trying to internationalize these border squabbles by involving NATO. Russia attacked them to stop them from roping in NATO members into their "mutual affairs", since that will force Russia to engage with the whole West.... I think it's a reasonable pre emptive strike to ward off some perennial imperialistic intruders. Ukrainians shouldn't have voted to join NATO. And there move to join The EU shouldn't have been done to antagonize Russia. That's the reality you have to deal with when your next door neighbor has the biggest nuclear warhead arsenal in the world.

Your explanation is quite clear, but this problem was actually created by Russia in the first place, when ethic Russians invaded Ukraine 400 years ago, the plaves in dispute wete the places they annexed from Ukraine.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Will Today Have A Meeting With US Top Officials Inside White Hous / Order In Lagos Before Tinubu Appeared: Picture / Today’s Headlines: Obi’ll Win With Wide Margin -nanzing Bako, Adeboye Speaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.