Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,506 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala (26690 Views)

Daniel Bwala Celebrates Meeting President Tinubu In Saudi Arabia / Atiku Appoints Dino Melaye, Daniel Bwala As Campaign Spokespersons / Daniel Bwala Resigns From The APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by Mercury12(m): 1:06pm On Oct 18, 2022
Okay we promise he won't enter aso rock. We will express it well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by chrisifeanyi: 1:06pm On Oct 18, 2022
K
Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by Holluwhakemmy(f): 1:07pm On Oct 18, 2022
Atiku no fit
Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by Image123(m): 1:08pm On Oct 18, 2022
LoLz, Bwala is playing the ethnic religious card. In other words, he means, go to hell.

1 Like

Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by bigdammyj: 1:08pm On Oct 18, 2022
Noted.
Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by abobote: 1:08pm On Oct 18, 2022
Daniel Bwala sounded very arrogant there, when Rufai was insisting he answer the question
Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by akabude: 1:09pm On Oct 18, 2022
Atiku is showing his true colours gradually. He might be worse than Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by stonemasonn: 1:11pm On Oct 18, 2022
mrvitalis:
Thank you sir ...we would do just that

Vote for Peter obi if Deborah death was painful to you
And what about Kwankwaso.
Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by abobote: 1:11pm On Oct 18, 2022
Image123:
LoLz, Bwala is playing the ethnic religious card. In other words, he means, go to hell.
There's nothing ethnic about this. He was arrogant though
Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by Godfullsam(m): 1:12pm On Oct 18, 2022
perez100:
Atiku and Tinubu does not mean well for Nigeria and Nigerians. These Atiku and Tinubu are too corrupt and greedy to be allowed to rule Nigeria. They both will have land in every street in Abuja and all states capitals in Nigeria.

None of the three popular contestants meant well for nigeria and Nigerians.

Unfortunately, one of them shall inevitably clinch the ticket meaning the masses are gonna pay for it o E way or the other.
Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by pinkasso: 1:14pm On Oct 18, 2022
Trying to insult our collective intelligence..in other words as long as some group of individuals are ok with the deleting to hell with those against it...only the north can never make a man president...mark it anywhere, it is becoming clearer..my support will go for either Tinubu or Obi..
Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by iLoveYouToo(m): 1:15pm On Oct 18, 2022
Cyynthia:
NIGERIAN CHRISTIANS ARE IN BIG TROUBLE WITH ATIKU AND BOLA TINUBU.. ATIKU IS STYLISHLY DEFENDING DEBORAH'S DEATH WHILE TINUBU RUBBISHED CHRISTIANS BY RUNNING A MUSLIM- MUSLIM TICKET ..

Why would Atiku a nothether contest for the presidency again after 8 years of northern presidency ?

A southerners selves ?

Why would Bola a Muslim contest for the presidency after 8 years of another Muslim?

Are Christians slaves.. ?

I thought Nigeria belongs to everybody both notherners, southerners, Christians and muslims ?

Let's be careful!!

As a traditionalist where do I belong? We need to stick to tribal sentiments and leave religion alone cos you can change your religion but not your tribe. Religion is the greatest plague to ever hit mankind

2 Likes

Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by anonimi: 1:15pm On Oct 18, 2022
Treasure17:
Atiku the disunified.

Éniti o gba odo gba mark, shebi awón kan o ti é yóju rara
Where is Thiefnuibu's tweet for Deborah? Or any other statement?
Not surprising that the Fulani wannabee cowshit asslicker was deaf & dumb over the senseless killing. First it was his muMURIC Muslim/Muslim ticket with a Boko Haram governor, and yesterday abusing Christians with church rat analogy for climate change. Do we need anything else to show that Thiefnuibu has zero regard for Christians and that he considers them inconsequential nonentities? What else do we need for the confirmation

MANDIPUTIN:
Aminu Tambuwal, now Sokoto State governor, won the seat, against the preferred pick of his party, Mrs Mulikat Adeola Akande, from the South-West. Defunct Action Congress of Nigeria, then a fledging opposition, which had Akande and his soulmate, former Lagos State governor, Senator Bola Tinubu, as front- line leaders, openly asked its elected members of the House of Representatives, mostly from the South-West, to work against their region and back Tambuwal from North-West.

The opposition party’s support carried Tambuwal through the contest against Akande, then ruling party’s favourite for the speakership seat.

In his book, Chief Akande revealed that former president then as incumbent, personally reached out to Tinubu, who is now believed to be nursing presidential aspiration in 2023 and himself, but couldn’t convince them.

He wrote, “President Jonathan, immediately after the meeting (with political parties), called Bola Tinubu aside into a lobby to broach the matter of ACN support for a choice of who would become the Speaker of the House of Representatives.

“That same day, President[b] Jonathan talked to me on phone about the same matter. He disclosed that PDP had zoned the position to the South-West[/b] but that only one Muraina and another Mulika won elections on PDP ticket from the zone into the House of Representatives.

“I quickly reminded him that, as at (sic) that date in the United States of America, while the Democrats produced the Senate President, the Republicans (the opposition) produced the Speaker of the House of Representatives. I boasted that ACN was capable of suggesting to him ten names of members from the South West from among whom to choose if PDP would be magnanimous enough to practice democracy the way it was being practised in the USA, from where we imported our presidential system.

“He seemed pissed off and stopped the conversation,” he said.

In the era being referenced by the former national chairman of the defunct opposition party, the controlling party in each of the chambers of the Congress in the United States was in the majority, which wasn’t the case with ACN when the Ila-born politician was making his claim.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/how-we-foiled-jonathans-effort-to-make-mulika-adeola-speaker-akande-reveals/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by Image123(m): 1:16pm On Oct 18, 2022
abobote:

There's nothing ethnic about this. He was arrogant though

Very ethnic. He knows the action is unjustifiable. Saying go to the polls shows his cockiness that the North will vote for his principal not regarding any Deborah.
Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by onuman: 1:16pm On Oct 18, 2022
Dannyset:

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailypost.ng/2022/10/18/deleting-of-deborah-samuel-tweet-express-your-anger-at-2023-polls-atiku-to-nigerians/%3famp=1

Murder of Deborah in Sokoto derived from the practice of Islamic Sharia criminal justice system.
Atiku Abubakar was Nigeria's super VP when sharia mongers led by Sani Yerima, the then governor of Zamfara state, introduced the outdated punishment in sharia criminal justice system in the 12 northern sharia states. Atiku could have stopped Sani Yerima then. But Atiku looked the other way, acquiesced.
Atiku was placed on PDP ticket as well as Shettima the Boko Haram sympathizer on APC ticket by the Talibans of Nigeria to continue with subtle Jihad against rest of Nigeria.
Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by Starhearts: 1:16pm On Oct 18, 2022
ATIKUs COUP - BY OBASANJO in "My watch"

Have you read Obasanjo's book, my watch? For anyone who cares to listen,, it is a damning verdict on Atiku that should make anyone fear him. It is not really about his corrupt nature, it is more of his dangerous personality as a crafty and untrustworthy politician.

Please read this:

HOW ATIKU PLANNED TO DISLODGE OBASANJO EVEN AS HIS DEPUTY

“By the Constitution, I had to inaugurate or prorogue the National Assembly on June 4, 1999. The most important officer in the National Assembly is the senate president and that office had been zoned to the South-east. And here was where Atiku Abubakar, my vice-president, first showed his hand and his character.

“Without seeking my view or approval, he started planning the installation of Chuba Okadigbo as the senate president. I did a background check on Chuba including his past as a student and made enquiries about him in the National Party of Nigeria (NPN) under (President Shehu) Shagari and no one would recommend him for the post of senate president.

“I left Atiku to go on his chase while I carried out a meticulous and detailed investigation and background check on each senator from the South-east. The one that appeared most appointable was Evan Enwerem. I canvassed the senate across the board for his election and he was elected. Atiku did not expect it and he felt sore.He began to strategise for Enwerem to be removed and Chuba Okadigbo to be installed. His strategy worked because I was at Abuja airport to receive a visiting head of state when the news reached me that the Senate had impeached Enwerem and elected Okadigbo. I was not perturbed. I came to understand from some senators including Florence Ita-Giwa, who later became my Special Adviser/ Liaison Officer to the National Assembly, that Atiku distributed US$5,000 each to some senators to carry out the ‘coup’.

“That was the beginning of bribing the legislature to carry out a particular line of action to suit or satisfy the purpose or desire of an individual or a group. The National Assembly had tasted blood and they would continue to want more. From the day I nominated Atiku to be my vice, he set his mind not for any good, benefit or service of the country, but on furiously planning to upstage, supplant or remove me at all cost and to take my place.

“That was what I brought him for, but he was impatient and over-ambitious. He was not ready to learn and to wait. His marabout, who predicted that despite being elected as governor, he would not be sworn in as a governor, which happened, also assured him that he would take over from me in a matter of months rather than years.“All his plans, appointments of people and his actions were towards the actualisation of his marabout’s prediction. Once I realised his intention and programme, I watched him like a hawk without giving any indication of what I knew and letting down my guard. I could not succumb to the distraction, diversion and malevolence of an ambitious but unwise deputy.

“The work in hand was more important than a confrontational relationship with my deputy, a man over whom I knew I had far more experience and outreach in all matters. To alert him of what I knew he was up to, would only lead to lying, denial, more mischievous plans and more duplicity on his part.

“He was better managed that way. What was important was not allowing myself to be surprised or outmanoeuvred by him. I must always seize the initiative and know what was going on if not in his mind, but at least in his camp. That I did very effectively.

“Sometime in the fourth quarter of 2004, an associate of Atiku came to my residence at the Aso Villa from Atiku’s official residence. He felt uncomfortable and I tried to make him feel at ease. Then, he settled to tell me the story of what had just transpired in Atiku’s residence. I listened with rapt attention.He went on to say that Atiku told him that for him to become the President of Nigeria, the 2007 elections were only a formality.

“The seven ingredients he needed for his enthronement were already in his hands. He controlled the National Assembly because both the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives were in his pocket. He controlled twenty-eight out of thirty-six governors. He had control of the media. His influence over the judiciary was overwhelming.

“What he needed was foreign endorsement and for that he had employed two lobby groups in the US and one in the UK. And finally, the money for the elections was in his purse.

“When the man finished, I thanked him without passing any comment. The man was surprised at my reaction and asked, ‘You have nothing to say to these?’ I said that I had nothing to say and I immediately called my ADC, Chris Jemitola, to play a game of squash with me.

“On our way to the squash court with my ADC, I said, ‘People at times make plans and leave God out of their plans.’ My casual remark struck Chris and he said, ‘Sir, that was a profound statement.’ I said that I made the statement because of what I had just heard of Atiku’s plan. I was not convinced he had put God in his plans.Atiku was confident and God was laughing. Most of Atiku’s ingredients soon started to fall out of place one by one. The first was the party, PDP.

“He thought I was powerless and had no clue about the execution of his plan with his group; part of his attack on me was for national chairman of the party to give the first salvo, then other things would follow as his grip on the party would be firm and consolidated.

“That salvo came in the form of a letter to me from the chairman of the party, Audu Ogbeh, who had fully defected with (Iyorchia) Ayu to Atiku.

“The letter, which was not the product of any issue or matter discussed with or at any party meeting, came suddenly. When I received it, I could read the sinister intention behind it.

“I spent that night writing my reply and I sent it in the morning. My reply was clear. I wondered why Atiku and his group did not realise that with my reply, the battle line was clear or maybe they thought that the seven ingredients would remain intact to the end.

“My assistants had moles within the Atiku group. Anything that they planned would be reported. That was the case after Ogbeh’s letter. They decided that Ogbeh should appear remorseful and come with the National Working Committee to apologise to me. It was not from their hearts, but to lure me to a ‘killing ground’.

“All pieces of information that were reported were verified because it would not come from only one informant.Timely information is a very important principle of war and also of politics. In politics, just as in war, what matters is not just your plan, but knowledge of your opponent’s plan. Knowing their plan, I had the choice of playing along with them or being firm, I chose the latter.

“I told Ogbeh that my relationship with him as national chairman and me as national leader of the party was based on mutual confidence and trust. But with his letter, my reply and what I knew of him then, I could no longer work with him in confidence and trust.

“There were only two choices left for both of us in our best interest and that of the party – he, leaves as chairman or I leave as leader of the party.

“The following Sunday, I called at his house, which I had done on several occasions in the past when there was an important party matter to discuss. This time, I asked him to give me an undated letter of resignation as the national chairman.

“I waited, he gave me but it was wrongly addressed to me rather than to the national secretary of the party as stipulated in the party’s constitution.

“Ogbeh reported to his group and it was decided by them to play on and to wait for my disgrace whenever I presented a letter of resignation not addressed to the national secretary.

“The informants did their job and I, once again, paid another visit to Ogbeh at his residence. He entertained me to a meal and drink, and changed the addressee on his letter of resignation.“It would appear he never reported the change to his group. When I considered it opportune and appropriate, the letter was dated and presented to National Executive Committee of the party, which regrettably accepted the resignation.

“With that, whatever control Atiku claimed to have over the party began to crumble. But he did not think so and went on to boast that if I made my daughter the national chairman, it would be a matter of weeks not months before he would put her in his pocket.

“I therefore had to look for a successor chairman, who would be too big, uncompromising and inflexible to be lured and controlled by Atiku. I found such a man in Senator (Dr.) Amadu Ali, whom I had known many years earlier as a medical doctor in the army.”

—Chief Olusegun Obasanjo | Excerpt From 'My Watch'.

1 Like

Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by Billygee2u: 1:16pm On Oct 18, 2022
Treasure17:
Atiku the disunified.
Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by Billygee2u: 1:17pm On Oct 18, 2022
trantayo:
Atiku should be totally rejected in presidential election. He lacks capacity to unite Nigeria
Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by Image123(m): 1:17pm On Oct 18, 2022
Godfullsam:

None of the three popular contestants meant well for nigeria and Nigerians.

Unfortunately, one of them shall inevitably clinch the ticket meaning the masses are gonna pay for it o E way or the other.

i wish everyone got this revelation.
Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:18pm On Oct 18, 2022
Dannyset:

Do you have problem using your head?

Keeep qwayeeet
Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by AliyuMahdi9: 1:18pm On Oct 18, 2022
Even Atiku's Spokesperson has let him out to dry.

Obi 2023 for Sure
Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by akanbiaa(m): 1:19pm On Oct 18, 2022
Cyynthia:
NIGERIAN CHRISTIANS ARE IN BIG TROUBLE WITH ATIKU AND BOLA TINUBU.. ATIKU IS STYLISHLY DEFENDING DEBORAH'S DEATH WHILE TINUBU RUBBISHED CHRISTIANS BY RUNNING A MUSLIM- MUSLIM TICKET ..

Why would Atiku a nothether contest for the presidency again after 8 years of northern presidency ?

A southerners selves ?

Why would Bola a Muslim contest for the presidency after 8 years of another Muslim?

Are Christians slaves.. ?

I thought Nigeria belongs to everybody both notherners, southerners, Christians and muslims ?

Let's be careful!!

Religion is personal and can be changed but region is not personal and cannot be changed once it is associated with you through state of origin you claim. And if you are concerned about equity know that we have had a Christian Christian President and Vice in the Past i.e (Nnamdi Azikwe(Ibo tribe) but We have never had a Yoruba Muslim President.

1 Like

Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by goodmike7: 1:20pm On Oct 18, 2022
Andres28:
And the south south is still fooling themselves because of money..
Atiku using our oil money to buy our conscience.
I spit on the face of anyone that will vote PDP and APC this 2023.

It will never be well with anyone who would vote an Igbo man or obi in the next election.
An example of a religious and tribalistic man is Obi..at least atiku condemned then deleted it, show us a tweet or video of obi condemning IPOB? the feferal government of Nigeria tagged them a terrorist group yet obi foolishly dodged the question and said he SE governors formed what in actual fac was formed by Kanu.
Obi is a crook and a hypocrite.
Whoever b=votes for obi, ,may your life and generation be like anambra state.

1 Like

Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by Mayeldah(m): 1:22pm On Oct 18, 2022
Badguy77:
Can you imagine what a spokesman is saying? This fo.ol just shot athifku in the leg

How else do you want him to respond. He was wise enough to answer in such manner.

Btw I am OBIdient.

2 Likes

Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by Jack500: 1:22pm On Oct 18, 2022
Jack3403:
Seun and Nairaland keep playing your Bigot game. You have turn your platform to look like anti peter obi. keep pushing Negative post on Peter Obi. including adding bot fake Likes . The truth is that Nigeria Never forget. Karma is coming. If you like ban me

Victim mentality kee you there, do you know the numbers of anti - Tinubu thread that grace Nairaland front page, fvck off and stop sobbing like baby. Corward!

1 Like

Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by kingthreat(m): 1:24pm On Oct 18, 2022
trantayo:
Atiku should be totally rejected in presidential election. He lacks capacity to unite Nigeria

And it is Obi that is dead scared of IPOB that should unite Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by GboyegaD(m): 1:25pm On Oct 18, 2022
WibusJaga:

Deleting his tweet without apologising or justifying his action shows Athiku is not a courageous individual.

Also his statement that Northerners need a candidate from the North & don't need Yoruba or Igbo,
&his handling of Wike's matter
&the hijacking of PDP ticket originally zoned to the South should all be a serious source of concern to Southerners.
All these make Atiku a very Bad Leader who doesn't respect the South.

BTW, why hasn't this bloodthirsty Islamic Lunatic & his murderous cohorts been prosecuted?

We can't blame Atiku for the bolded. The South is the one giving him the privilege to disrespect us. He said it to his fellow Northerners they don't need us yet, we see us debating why he should jettison Wike and others on Nigeria been for everyone and not only the North.
Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by onuman: 1:25pm On Oct 18, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

A Tinubu supporter is posting this news to discredit Atiku.
Do you realise this news will actually play to his favor in the North?

Let it play to Atiku's favour.
Atiku succeeding president Buhari is a recipe for final disunification of Nigeria.
Atiku knows that the lopsided political structure of Nigeria created by northern soldiers to favour Arewa is what he wants to exploit to become president, whereas the political structure was what necessitated zoning of the presidency between the north and the south of Nigeria starting from 1999 after 20 federating units were created by northern soldiers in one region - north, but left a meagre 17 federating units in two regions - west and east of Nigeria that formed independent Nigeria with the northern region in 1960.
No other country except Nigeria ever used land mass or population figures as criteria to proliferate too many new federating units in a region with larger land mass or population.
There should have been equal number of states between the three regions that formed independent Nigeria.
A presidential candidate must win 25% of votes in 24 states apart from winning the most popular votes, before declared winner of Nigeria's presidential election. This is what Atiku wants to exploit, after the southern regions have cried for years for restructuring of Nigeria democratically, but resisted by Arewa.
Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by jaxxy(m): 1:31pm On Oct 18, 2022
what a stupid and arrogant spokesman.
Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by goodmike7: 1:34pm On Oct 18, 2022
Starhearts:
ATIKUs COUP - BY OBASANJO in "My watch"

Have you read Obasanjo's book, my watch? For anyone who cares to listen,, it is a damning verdict on Atiku that should make anyone fear him. It is not really about his corrupt nature, it is more of his dangerous personality as a crafty and untrustworthy politician.

Please read this:

HOW ATIKU PLANNED TO DISLODGE OBASANJO EVEN AS HIS DEPUTY

“By the Constitution, I had to inaugurate or prorogue the National Assembly on June 4, 1999. The most important officer in the National Assembly is the senate president and that office had been zoned to the South-east. And here was where Atiku Abubakar, my vice-president, first showed his hand and his character.

“Without seeking my view or approval, he started planning the installation of Chuba Okadigbo as the senate president. I did a background check on Chuba including his past as a student and made enquiries about him in the National Party of Nigeria (NPN) under (President Shehu) Shagari and no one would recommend him for the post of senate president.

“I left Atiku to go on his chase while I carried out a meticulous and detailed investigation and background check on each senator from the South-east. The one that appeared most appointable was Evan Enwerem. I canvassed the senate across the board for his election and he was elected. Atiku did not expect it and he felt sore.He began to strategise for Enwerem to be removed and Chuba Okadigbo to be installed. His strategy worked because I was at Abuja airport to receive a visiting head of state when the news reached me that the Senate had impeached Enwerem and elected Okadigbo. I was not perturbed. I came to understand from some senators including Florence Ita-Giwa, who later became my Special Adviser/ Liaison Officer to the National Assembly, that Atiku distributed US$5,000 each to some senators to carry out the ‘coup’.

“That was the beginning of bribing the legislature to carry out a particular line of action to suit or satisfy the purpose or desire of an individual or a group. The National Assembly had tasted blood and they would continue to want more. From the day I nominated Atiku to be my vice, he set his mind not for any good, benefit or service of the country, but on furiously planning to upstage, supplant or remove me at all cost and to take my place.

“That was what I brought him for, but he was impatient and over-ambitious. He was not ready to learn and to wait. His marabout, who predicted that despite being elected as governor, he would not be sworn in as a governor, which happened, also assured him that he would take over from me in a matter of months rather than years.“All his plans, appointments of people and his actions were towards the actualisation of his marabout’s prediction. Once I realised his intention and programme, I watched him like a hawk without giving any indication of what I knew and letting down my guard. I could not succumb to the distraction, diversion and malevolence of an ambitious but unwise deputy.

“The work in hand was more important than a confrontational relationship with my deputy, a man over whom I knew I had far more experience and outreach in all matters. To alert him of what I knew he was up to, would only lead to lying, denial, more mischievous plans and more duplicity on his part.

“He was better managed that way. What was important was not allowing myself to be surprised or outmanoeuvred by him. I must always seize the initiative and know what was going on if not in his mind, but at least in his camp. That I did very effectively.

“Sometime in the fourth quarter of 2004, an associate of Atiku came to my residence at the Aso Villa from Atiku’s official residence. He felt uncomfortable and I tried to make him feel at ease. Then, he settled to tell me the story of what had just transpired in Atiku’s residence. I listened with rapt attention.He went on to say that Atiku told him that for him to become the President of Nigeria, the 2007 elections were only a formality.

“The seven ingredients he needed for his enthronement were already in his hands. He controlled the National Assembly because both the President of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives were in his pocket. He controlled twenty-eight out of thirty-six governors. He had control of the media. His influence over the judiciary was overwhelming.

“What he needed was foreign endorsement and for that he had employed two lobby groups in the US and one in the UK. And finally, the money for the elections was in his purse.

“When the man finished, I thanked him without passing any comment. The man was surprised at my reaction and asked, ‘You have nothing to say to these?’ I said that I had nothing to say and I immediately called my ADC, Chris Jemitola, to play a game of squash with me.

“On our way to the squash court with my ADC, I said, ‘People at times make plans and leave God out of their plans.’ My casual remark struck Chris and he said, ‘Sir, that was a profound statement.’ I said that I made the statement because of what I had just heard of Atiku’s plan. I was not convinced he had put God in his plans.Atiku was confident and God was laughing. Most of Atiku’s ingredients soon started to fall out of place one by one. The first was the party, PDP.

“He thought I was powerless and had no clue about the execution of his plan with his group; part of his attack on me was for national chairman of the party to give the first salvo, then other things would follow as his grip on the party would be firm and consolidated.

“That salvo came in the form of a letter to me from the chairman of the party, Audu Ogbeh, who had fully defected with (Iyorchia) Ayu to Atiku.

“The letter, which was not the product of any issue or matter discussed with or at any party meeting, came suddenly. When I received it, I could read the sinister intention behind it.

“I spent that night writing my reply and I sent it in the morning. My reply was clear. I wondered why Atiku and his group did not realise that with my reply, the battle line was clear or maybe they thought that the seven ingredients would remain intact to the end.

“My assistants had moles within the Atiku group. Anything that they planned would be reported. That was the case after Ogbeh’s letter. They decided that Ogbeh should appear remorseful and come with the National Working Committee to apologise to me. It was not from their hearts, but to lure me to a ‘killing ground’.

“All pieces of information that were reported were verified because it would not come from only one informant.Timely information is a very important principle of war and also of politics. In politics, just as in war, what matters is not just your plan, but knowledge of your opponent’s plan. Knowing their plan, I had the choice of playing along with them or being firm, I chose the latter.

“I told Ogbeh that my relationship with him as national chairman and me as national leader of the party was based on mutual confidence and trust. But with his letter, my reply and what I knew of him then, I could no longer work with him in confidence and trust.

“There were only two choices left for both of us in our best interest and that of the party – he, leaves as chairman or I leave as leader of the party.

“The following Sunday, I called at his house, which I had done on several occasions in the past when there was an important party matter to discuss. This time, I asked him to give me an undated letter of resignation as the national chairman.

“I waited, he gave me but it was wrongly addressed to me rather than to the national secretary of the party as stipulated in the party’s constitution.

“Ogbeh reported to his group and it was decided by them to play on and to wait for my disgrace whenever I presented a letter of resignation not addressed to the national secretary.

“The informants did their job and I, once again, paid another visit to Ogbeh at his residence. He entertained me to a meal and drink, and changed the addressee on his letter of resignation.“It would appear he never reported the change to his group. When I considered it opportune and appropriate, the letter was dated and presented to National Executive Committee of the party, which regrettably accepted the resignation.

“With that, whatever control Atiku claimed to have over the party began to crumble. But he did not think so and went on to boast that if I made my daughter the national chairman, it would be a matter of weeks not months before he would put her in his pocket.

“I therefore had to look for a successor chairman, who would be too big, uncompromising and inflexible to be lured and controlled by Atiku. I found such a man in Senator (Dr.) Amadu Ali, whom I had known many years earlier as a medical doctor in the army.”

—Chief Olusegun Obasanjo | Excerpt From 'My Watch'.

LOL...Obj skipped where Atiku had the powers and opportunity to be president after the first tenure, true HE Atiku had over 28 governors in his pocket and during the PDP convention he OBJ, knelt doen to beg Atiku for a seconf tenure which he obliged(Biggest mistake atiku ever made) bith Ibori,Igbinedion and Saraki begged Atiku not to agree but he felt so sorry for OBJ who was crying like a baby and now this is how you pay him back?

You also skipped how HE OBJ raised the billions for the library he built in Ogun state.

Its Atiku's time nothing can stop him, only Tinubu would be a little challenge but the north and south south are already in his pocket.
Yes i onlmy mentioned tinubu cos every other contestaant is a inconsequential and a time waster.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by bitingcool: 1:35pm On Oct 18, 2022
Agbegbaorogboye:

A Tinubu supporter is posting this news to discredit Atiku.
Do you realise this news will actually play to his favor in the North?

meaning that northerners are killers who will gladly burn people alive right? better know that the suffering dey reach them too and the suffering no be Christian or Muslim so expect that some will vote wisely.
Re: Deleting Of Deborah Samuel Tweet: Express Your Anger At The Polls - Daniel Bwala by goodmike7: 1:37pm On Oct 18, 2022
Suddenly, Deborah's death is now a factor?
hundreds of citizens die evry day in the north, SE, you dont find it a problem..The UGM,Massob and Ipob kill daily but its the tweet deleted by atiku that is now a factor??

God will punis all zombedients.

One thing is for sure, obi will narrowly win Anambra and thats all.
HE WILL NEVER BE PRESIDENT OF NIGERIA AND WHEN HE FAILS NOW AND FAIL HE SHALL, THAT WILL BE THE END OF HIS CAREER.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Senate Threatens To Remove Hammed Ali As Customs DG Over Vehicle Duty / 'Oshiomhole's Antics Will Fail' - Governor Obaseki / DSS Arrests Mohammed Prince Momoh For Impersonating Buhari’s Chief Of Staff

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 133
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.