Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury (12807 Views)

Brazil's Gabriel Jesus Is Out Of The Rest Of The World Cup Due To Injury / Asisat Oshoala Out Of The Women's Nations Cup Due To Injury / Liverpool To Complete £45m Signing Of Diogo Jota From Wolves. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by chisomkachy: 3:08pm On Oct 18, 2022
Jota sustained the injury in the weekend's win over Manchester City.

Diogo Jota is set for a prolonged spell on the sidelines due to the calf muscle injury he sustained against Manchester City on Sunday, which will also rule him out of Portugal’s World Cup campaign.

The forward was carried from the pitch in stoppage time of the 1-0 win at Anfield and will subsequently miss Liverpool’s remaining eight fixtures prior to the international break in November, as well as his country’s participation in the Qatar finals.

Jota does not require surgery on the issue, however.

Offering an update at his pre-West Ham United press conference, Jürgen Klopp confirmed: “It’s really not good news about Diogo. Yes, he will miss the World Cup. [It’s a] pretty serious injury in the calf muscle and now the recovery process starts. That’s it pretty much.

“That is the first diagnosis, which was pretty clear, and all the rest will now follow in the next few days.

“It is very sad news for the boy, and for us as well of course [and] for Portugal.”

Klopp did not put a timescale on Jota’s return to action, adding: “[It will have a] big impact. So now we can say that because he will not be in for a long time; we talk about months.

“So, we will see. I don’t want to put now a number on it because I always hope in the middle of the rehab there is a very positive development and we can cut days off the rehab phase, but it will be long.”

The injury is the second Jota has suffered in 2022-23 so far, with the No.20 missing the opening weeks of the campaign due to a hamstring complaint.

Asked how the 25-year-old had reacted to the news, Klopp said: “It’s Diogo and he’s surprisingly OK, so far. He is an incredibly smart boy and very reflective.

“I think he knew it when we carried him off the pitch, when I spoke to him for a second. When I came out, we passed each other after the game and he explained what happened. I think in that moment he knew already it was a serious one and could be pretty impactful for his World Cup dreams.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/jurgen-klopp-offers-diogo-jota-injury-update

1 Like

Re: Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by Beverlyjean(f): 4:01pm On Oct 18, 2022
Every world cup player should be careful this period... world cup is just a month away... any little mistake...u will miss it... I guess Ronaldo is being very careful so thst he can unleash his final powers

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by KingGeorge5(m): 4:02pm On Oct 18, 2022
So unfortunate

1 Like

Re: Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by 4teenblaq: 4:02pm On Oct 18, 2022
GOD abeg preserve Leo Messi for me. I want to watch him play again.

67 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by ifytrik(m): 4:02pm On Oct 18, 2022
Portugal will definitely miss him, it would have been better if it was Ronald that gonna miss the world cup for Portugal, he is old and it looks as if Portugal couch is afraid of benching him, all he does is waste chances upon chances, Portugal will not go far in the world cup if they continue to start Ronald despite his awful display, if he doesn't play well he should be benched

17 Likes

Re: Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by Akfrenzy(m): 4:03pm On Oct 18, 2022
grin Liverpool can't do this horrible thing to a youngster and expect Karma not to visit their camp

We go dey throw that juju inside Anfield on a daily

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by YourHerbalOrgan(f): 4:03pm On Oct 18, 2022
chaiiii eyahhh so unfortunate.... and this is supposed first world cup oh....get well soon Diogo

6 Likes

Re: Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by clems88(m): 4:04pm On Oct 18, 2022
Chai. Who curse Liverpool with injury this season cry

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by Aareakinwunmi(m): 4:04pm On Oct 18, 2022
One of Portugals best.
Doubt if they can go far in the competition with ageing Ronaldo and an inconsistent Bruno.

16 Likes

Re: Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by georgee(m): 4:04pm On Oct 18, 2022
Everything will be wrong with this particular worldcup

Playing world Cup in the middle of league season

See what Blatter and his kids caused

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by iamoyindamola(m): 4:04pm On Oct 18, 2022
But he just recovered
This WC no go sweet, missing too many stars

5 Likes

Re: Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by Odward(m): 4:05pm On Oct 18, 2022
It is what it is Hermano.
Re: Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by Chidiugwu1990: 4:05pm On Oct 18, 2022
Chai so broquote author=chisomkachy post=117669461]Jota sustained the injury in the weekend's win over Manchester City.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/jurgen-klopp-offers-diogo-jota-injury-update[/quote]
Re: Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by Pells: 4:06pm On Oct 18, 2022
Good riddance
I hate Liverpool with passion lipsrsealed embarassed
Up Chelsea cheesy wink
Re: Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by youn(m): 4:06pm On Oct 18, 2022
Lord please keep Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar safe, I love to see them play this World Cup

9 Likes

Re: Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by Aareakinwunmi(m): 4:06pm On Oct 18, 2022
georgee:
Everything will be wrong with this particular worldcup

Playing world Cup in the middle of league season

See what Blatter and his kids caused
The Temperature is unfavorable in UAE, that was why it was shifted.
Some players missed previous world cups, due to injury to, so it's nothing new. just a loss to him

7 Likes

Re: Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by achi4u(m): 4:07pm On Oct 18, 2022
So sorry.
Re: Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by xristos(m): 4:07pm On Oct 18, 2022
seriously shocked shocked
Re: Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by Internet22: 4:08pm On Oct 18, 2022
Mark my word: This world cup is ganna s*ck big time

1 Like

Re: Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by tarantino1: 4:08pm On Oct 18, 2022
Heard Kanye will miss too
Re: Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by fredoooooo: 4:08pm On Oct 18, 2022
OMG ... the game against city was tough...
Re: Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by Klobipko: 4:09pm On Oct 18, 2022
If you have applied for two or more jobs and yet haven't received any interview invitation, it's a clear indication that your CV is ineffective and requires professional assistance.

Please pay close attention to what you're about to read next if you're tired of being in this position and need your CV to be effective.

I must let you in on a secret. I know exactly where you can find help.

There is a company that will rewrite your CV and turn it into a powerful marketing tool that will land you multiple interview invitations. 99.9% guaranteed.

Their service is RELIABLE, FAST, and CHEAP.

Within a week of reading this, the first 20 persons who get in touch with them will receive a CV revamp for just 5,000NGN.

With your revamped CV, you would stand out, dazzle recruiters, improve your prospects, and secure an interview.

Keep in mind that the discount has a deadline. Therefore, take action today! Contact them right away!

Re: Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by 2ndchildhood(m): 4:09pm On Oct 18, 2022
Na
Re: Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by iwaeda: 4:09pm On Oct 18, 2022
chisomkachy:
Jota sustained the injury in the weekend's win over Manchester City.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/jurgen-klopp-offers-diogo-jota-injury-update

Chai. It pained me o. Get well soon. grin grin grin
Re: Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by HITsquad: 4:12pm On Oct 18, 2022
Beverlyjean:
Every world cup player should be careful this period... world cup is just a month away... any little mistake...u will miss it... I guess Ronaldo is being very careful so thst he can unleash his final powers
Ronaldo is done... Your hear me? Done!

I told you all Ronaldo's game will die before Messi's game... Why? Ronaldo got absolutely nothing else to offer except goals.
And now his body can no longer withstand those young bastard defenders that have zero respect for their elders. grin

Messi on the other hand... Odogowu too understands that his body armor is no longer what it used to be... But yet he will always be useful on the pitch... He is an all round player... Pure talent and can fit in any position except the defense.

I admire Ronaldo, but don't compare him to Messi. Real Madrid went on to win more Champions league as Ronaldo left,,, he was easily replaced... But Barcelona is still screaming for Messi to return.

Alot of people can do what Ronaldo does... And even do it better. But Messi? Legend has it that we may never see another being like him... The future generations will name him along side the Greek demi gods... They will envy us for being privileged to watch Messi play live!

9 Likes

Re: Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by CheapHomes1: 4:13pm On Oct 18, 2022
YourHerbalOrgan:
chaiiii eyahhh so unfortunate.... and this is supposed first world cup oh....get well soon Diogo

Have you ever heard of Marco Reus?
Re: Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by Snapchat: 4:13pm On Oct 18, 2022
Well, it doesn’t seem like Portugal will be the World Champion with a 37yr old fraud leading the line. Lets just say, he won’t be missing much.
Re: Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by BigDawsNet: 4:13pm On Oct 18, 2022
Wow.. my Lovely Jota

Dis guy destroyed Mancity defence

Jota
Diaz
Are all gone

Nunez, Now it's your turn to show your abilities and potential....

Calvahor on standby
Re: Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by lhordspy: 4:13pm On Oct 18, 2022
Messi i take God beg you.... Abeg you in the name of God. Stay away from injury.

Any tackle, any sliding, and evil leg breaking or bending challenge.

I beg you

8 Likes

Re: Liverpool & Portugal's Diogo Jota Will Miss The World Cup Due To Injury by Slynation(m): 4:13pm On Oct 18, 2022
This is just sad... This is what you get fixing a world cup tournament at the middle of a season, killing players dreams upandan sad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BREAKING: Nigerian Govt Releases N471.8 Million For Payment Of S/eagles, Falcons / Paul Arkwright Meets With Ajose-Olusegun & Ekundayo In Lagos (Photos) / Inter Milan Appoints Former Chelsea Manager, Antonio Conte As Head Coach

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.