Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,625 members, 7,827,338 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:46 AM

Need Professional Advice On My CRV 2005 Gear Box Problem - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Need Professional Advice On My CRV 2005 Gear Box Problem (757 Views)

Honda Accord (EOD)2005 Gear Disengage While Still On Drive / Please Help: Between Honda CRV 2005 & RAV 05 / Sienna Gear Box Problem (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Professional Advice On My CRV 2005 Gear Box Problem by Londonderry: 5:50pm On Oct 18, 2022
I recently bought a Nigerian used Honda Crv 2005 model and to avoid problems I ordered for a tokumbo engine and gear box. I am not enjoying the car, gear indicator D is blinking and only selects when I remove my leg from the gas pedal. When it is not blinking as it does sometime it doesn't select at all. The car has no fuel economy. The engine's sound is very good. We have serviced and even changed sensors or solenoid all to no avail. I need professional help.
Re: Need Professional Advice On My CRV 2005 Gear Box Problem by correctyourself(m): 6:17pm On Oct 18, 2022
Londonderry:
I recently bought a Nigerian used Honda Crv 2005 model and to avoid problems I ordered for a tokumbo engine and gear box. I am not enjoying the car, gear indicator D is blinking and only selects when I remove my leg from the gas pedal. When it is not blinking as it does sometime it doesn't select at all. The car has no fuel economy. The engine's sound is very good. We have serviced and even changed sensors or solenoid all to no avail. I need professional help.

Hello, that issue if not well manage you may lost that gearbox.

Its exactly who happened to my Honda pilot.

What you can do is to get gearbox rewire (NOT ALL REWIRE) that understand gearbox electrical issues.

They need to reconnect those solanoid wire (some of them). Amd before that the rewire will need to put machine to read it before anything.

Look for gearbox rewire, if you give it to ordinary rewire don't blame people.
Re: Need Professional Advice On My CRV 2005 Gear Box Problem by advanceDNA: 6:25pm On Oct 18, 2022
Does it enter drive, reverse, park?? If yes....u can try rewire that works on gear...They are not the same with general engine rewire oooo

...i had a similar issue of blinking D light when i was using DC....when i take off it will select just one gear and wont select agin until remove my leg from the accelerator for it to slow down and pedal it again before it counts only one gear again...the nigga shaa resolved it for a small price...that was how i sold it after driving it for another 9 months or so..
Re: Need Professional Advice On My CRV 2005 Gear Box Problem by nurey(m): 6:29pm On Oct 18, 2022
Londonderry:

Why did you change the engine and gearbox?
Re: Need Professional Advice On My CRV 2005 Gear Box Problem by Londonderry: 7:32pm On Oct 18, 2022
nurey:

Why did you change the engine and gearbox?
The car was bought with a very good body but bad engine and gear box. I didn't want to go reworking the old engine.
Re: Need Professional Advice On My CRV 2005 Gear Box Problem by Londonderry: 7:34pm On Oct 18, 2022
correctyourself:

Hello, that issue if not well manage you may lost that gearbox.

Its exactly who happened to my Honda pilot.

What you can do is to get gearbox rewire (NOT ALL REWIRE) that understand gearbox electrical issues.

They need to reconnect those solanoid wire (some of them). Amd before that the rewire will need to put machine to read it before anything.

Look for gearbox rewire, if you give it to ordinary rewire don't blame people.
OK I have stopped using the car I will take it to a good auto electrician. Thanks
Re: Need Professional Advice On My CRV 2005 Gear Box Problem by nurey(m): 4:06pm On Oct 19, 2022
Londonderry:

The car was bought with a very good body but bad engine and gear box. I didn't want to go reworking the old engine.

Honda CRV of that year had 3 engine variant
2.0L i4
2 4L i4
2.2L diesel

It was fitted with 2 auto transmissions
4speed and 5speed.

The funny thing is the 2.4L KA24 engines have multiple variants upto 10 types, its possible the wrong engine was paired to wrong transmission leading to the issues you are currently facing.

But start by first scanning the vehicle the codes would direct you on how to fix issues at hand

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Your Advice On This Honda / Where Can I Convert A 206 Automatic Right Hand To Left Hand Side / How Durable Is A 1998 - 2001 Mitsuibishi Montero Jeep

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.