Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,230 members, 7,815,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:27 AM

The Story That Changed My Life Through A Miraculous Scholarship - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / The Story That Changed My Life Through A Miraculous Scholarship (601 Views)

How Pregnancy Changed My Wife / My Wife Changed 2 Weeks After Wedding!! / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Story That Changed My Life Through A Miraculous Scholarship by Poloyanabo2(m): 7:10pm On Oct 18, 2022
THE STORY THAT CHANGES MY LIFE THROUGH A MIRACULOUS SCHOLARSHIP

Years ago, an uncle with a sweet tongue, but a dark heart came to be of help to my dad, and he said I should move in with him, and that he will sponsor my studies.

Being a child full of hope, I was very happy. So, my uncle, after arranging with my dad, took me to stay with him at his home in some part of Nigeria.

I was about 12-13 years of age in primary 5 before leaving to stay with my uncle with the hope that the hard time, hunger, and pain of not having fees to pay at the due time is over.

So my uncle took me to his place; a very beautiful, and furnished house, y'all know the feeling.

After one week, I was registered in a school close by, where my Uncle always dropped me off every morning for about 3 days, before the story began.

I was in primary 5 in my previous school, but I was registered as a primary 4 pupil in my new school. After the first examination, I got my results which I did not do well but I passed my course.

The second term has just resumed. After a few weeks of resumption, the school proprietor announced fee payment that should start the following week.

I went home and told my uncle, and he said okay... This okay was the last thing I heard about fee payment. At the end of the term, I couldn't get my results because my fees were not paid.

The third term has just started that is when I will get my second term fees cleared, but my fees weren't still cleared. As if that was not enough, my uncle will leave home for a month or 2 and go to work without giving me money for food but will take me to a store close by so that I can take things on credit till he returns, but when I get the thing to eat and the money is much, my uncle will naked me and use wires to design my buttocks with X.

Whenever he is home, I usually find a way to escape because you can never please my uncle. Instead of encouragement, he finds fault in the littlest of things. You'll get abused, and beaten. So, running away was my way of escape. I'd run away from the house and hang around the street for like 3 days, without food, without changing clothes, and without places to sleep except parks and shops when the owners have closed.

Thank God It was my first school leaving Exams (common entrance). After the exams, I was given some choice of schools still around but my parents needed to see me. That is the period my uncle bought me clothes for the first time in 3 years of living with him.

I was dressed in the suit he bought to go home ( I was very happy, I almost flew so I can reach home). At home, I told my parents I want to school close to them, so my dad told my uncle he didn't care to ask why because he knows when he asks my dad will want to know everything, so he accepted.

I was taken to MBHS, (Methodist Boys' High School) Oron, for my entrance exams which I passed and was admitted. After admission, my school fees were 10,000 naira, while my boarding fees were about 20k.

My uncle paid the first term, and since then till I graduated from high school, I haven't seen my uncle and he never paid my fees again. The worst part was his getting my passport and opening an account in which he collected my community high school scholarship for the past 5 years without my knowledge.

I got to know it when I wrote my WAEC and tried to apply for the next scholarship, then I notice the same names with different account numbers and banks.
The information exposed that I have been on a scholarship for the past five years. My Uncle was called to come, but he didn't show up to explain to date.

After 1 year, I got admission into The University of Uyo, Department of History and International relations. I also became the student President of the Community. By that time, I had ideas about the scholarship scheme and how it was being operated.

A few weeks later, there was a general community meeting. Between the oil-bearing community (my community) and the oil company operating there.

GUESS WHAT, GUYS?

I saw my uncle, the man that treated me like he was in charge of my future, and who I will become, standing outside the meeting room surprised and speechless when he saw me. He couldn't talk, he couldn't call, but I met him after the meeting so his eyes can see clearly that "No man on this planet can stop a moving wind" Someone whose Grace is Fire�.

After my year 2 exams, grace found me again.
The scholarship I did not apply for, the exams I did not write, One of my lecturers Just called around 7 am on a Saturday while on vacation to share the good news with me.

This was how the call was;

Lecturer: Good morning, Felix Ibok.

Felix: Good morning, madam.

Lecturer: Can you come to school on Monday?

Felix: Yes, madam. Hope there's no problem.

Lecturer: No, you have been chosen for a scholarship to study in Spain.

The Grace came with fire � I couldn't tell my mom, I could tell anyone, I couldn't eat well, it was all like a dream.

After a few months, I was in Madrid, the capital of Spain.

Unfortunately, not everyone who is maltreated by their uncle and aunties has this beautiful ending, but I pray that the same Grace will locate you.

©Felix Ibok �

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Story That Changed My Life Through A Miraculous Scholarship by Zee0007: 7:17pm On Oct 18, 2022
What a beautiful testimony. I too will share mins some day.
Re: The Story That Changed My Life Through A Miraculous Scholarship by ibechris(m): 7:17pm On Oct 18, 2022
Congrats...and remember your parents oh.

Avoid troubles and remember your background.

May more blessing locate u.
Re: The Story That Changed My Life Through A Miraculous Scholarship by decatalyst(m): 7:41pm On Oct 18, 2022
I like this piece.

So detailed. You tried by not speaking I'll of your uncle even after you met him after your second year exams.

You will grow to become a complete gentleman.

The fire of your grace will not quench in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: The Story That Changed My Life Through A Miraculous Scholarship by ecolime(m): 8:07pm On Oct 18, 2022
You didn't mention if your uncle had kids and had their school fees paid on time as against yours so we can make a fair comparison.

I do not doubt your story but I also do not want to believe his intention was to take you away from your Dad just to be maltreated from your account. This is why I can never raise another person's child. I would rather support your parents if I have.

We all know how tough it is to raise boys at formative years and puberty stage. I can't quantify the strokes of koboko me and my partners in crime (my brothers grin) chop from our late Dad.

Despite all these, to me he is the best Dad ever. If it was his brother (my uncle) that beat us just half of it, I would have called him evil uncle too.

I am glad things are going well for you now but I do not not agree your uncle's role in your upbringing is that of a villain. Appreciate the little part he played in your life and close the chapter please.

Don't be ungrateful
Re: The Story That Changed My Life Through A Miraculous Scholarship by zumbigbo(m): 8:12pm On Oct 18, 2022
Bros you dey Madrid. Pls soak knowledge and wisdom like garri that never see water and you will be fulfilled. Avoid all get rich quick schemes and schemers. Welcome King to Europe.
Re: The Story That Changed My Life Through A Miraculous Scholarship by VanDerWaalforces: 8:21pm On Oct 18, 2022
Wow! A big congratulations to U Mr. Felix. Glory to God!!
Re: The Story That Changed My Life Through A Miraculous Scholarship by Solosolojohquay: 8:57pm On Oct 18, 2022
Your story wasn't narrative enough ,he didn't pay your primary school fees yet you went ahead and did common entrance and he used your scholarship in university school he changed account number yet you get another one

1 Like

Re: The Story That Changed My Life Through A Miraculous Scholarship by culf: 1:30am On Oct 19, 2022
Congratulations! God is awesome!
Re: The Story That Changed My Life Through A Miraculous Scholarship by Pricelessness: 4:31pm On Oct 28, 2022
I need a scholarship also
Re: The Story That Changed My Life Through A Miraculous Scholarship by Outofnaija: 4:55pm On Oct 28, 2022
A mechanic looking to save his faltering marriage strikes up an unlikely friendship with a shy Vietnamese-American manicurist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkFEfEGF85w

(1) (Reply)

After 2 Kids, He Said God Told Him To Divorce Me" 21yrold Lady Married To Pastor / . / Proving Before Marriage Avoid this Mistakes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.