Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:29 AM

The Myth Of Studying In The UK. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Myth Of Studying In The UK. (8012 Views)

This 2023 Election Has BUSTED The MYTH Of Igbo Marginalisation / Deconstructing The Myth That PMB Is Popular Enough To Win A Free & Fair Election / Chidi Odinkalu & Ayisha Osori: “Too Good To Die: Third Term & The Myth Of The (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by lereinter(m): 1:36pm On Oct 19, 2022
timesuploaded:
Our educational system is not rotten. It is the best in the world. They are brainwashing you. I paid 5,000 naira to study in Uniben and in my area of study I am 100 times better than my harvard and yale counterpart. Funny I didn't even graduate. When I got to America I found out people earning $150,000 can't even pay college tuition for their children. Nigeria has the cheapest and best education

Which course did you study that made you better than Harvard and Yale University graduate

Brood of serpent

Bloody liar

3 Likes

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by tamdun: 1:55pm On Oct 19, 2022
SouthCaroliina:
then you allow people to travel. Some people travel for Many things. Social stability, good roads, health care and many others. Continue making your money in The shit hole with two ventilators where you can die of a little accident
Majority of Nigerians travel to make money bro

1 Like

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by hegelian: 2:20pm On Oct 19, 2022
timesuploaded:
Our educational system is not rotten. It is the best in the world. They are brainwashing you. I paid 5,000 naira to study in Uniben and in my area of study I am 100 times better than my harvard and yale counterpart. Funny I didn't even graduate. When I got to America I found out people earning $150,000 can't even pay college tuition for their children. Nigeria has the cheapest and best education

why then did you also japa to the us..oya comeback and do business like the op advicsed na...sebi you degree from uniben is better than havard, oya come back to the country and use the uniben degree and also do biz instead of going to another man country for greener pasture..una go japa finish co dey yarn dust when we all know you struggled, prayed, fast just to have your passport stamped and even did thanksgiving the day your passport was stamped
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by RZArecta(m): 2:20pm On Oct 19, 2022
timesuploaded:
You want him to ignore me by you didnt ignore posting on my topic. Are you one of the japa victims, sorry I mean casualties? Is the truth killing you?
I know your problem oga and I'm not at fault. I pray you find healing for whatever is troubling your soul. Have a great day
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by 2Radii: 2:22pm On Oct 19, 2022
Olowoeko11:
the owner or alhikma university never went to school
Just imagine

And he or she has great professors working for him tongue embarassed
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by Olowoeko11: 2:31pm On Oct 19, 2022
2Radii:
Just imagine

And he or she has great professors working for him tongue embarassed
100%
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by Basalt(m): 3:08pm On Oct 19, 2022
timesupreloaded:
Nigerians paying between £11,000 to £15,000 to study in the UK are wasting their money. This new day slavery has to stop. When they get to the UK. they find out that 90% of Britons can't even afford to pay out of their pocket. UK. citizens access loans to be able to study. If you tell white UK. citizens to pay cash for their education over 90% of them will become illiterates because they don't have the money. Their parents too are unable to raise such amount for school. They are unable to raise the outrageous amount Nigerians happily pay to study there.

After Nigerians complete their study there the only jobs available to them are menial jobs which barely pay the bills. What is even more alarming now is the the UK. government now allows you to bring your spouse and kids during the duration of your study. Your spouse will work round the clock to pay the bills while you are busy studying. This is to further drain the little amount you work and make sure you don't send money home. Their degrees are worthless. Many Nigerians who studied in UK and later found themselves in Canada and America are doing odd jobs.

Nigeria has the best schools in the world. A graduate in Uniben can be compared to an Oxford graduate if not better but we have been programed to hate our own. After studying in the UK. you find out nothing has change and you didn't receive any new knowledge as their study is below par. That's why most Nigerians top their classes abroad.

I would advise Nigerians to instead use the amount you intend to pay to a UK. school to set up and business and within the next 7 years you will become the new Dangote instead of being stucked in Canada or America doing odd jobs

Well, I don't know about the UK.
But this is the kind of shitty article that was discouraging me from traveling out of Nigeria until I came back to my senses.
This year is the third year I left Nigeria for my studies in Germany and I have already roofed and plastered my duplex in Nigeria by the grace of God.
Now, the question is could I have done that if I kept wasting my time earning peanuts in Nigeria?

I am even tired of advising people to go outside and study, don't go.
Remain in Nigeria and keep earning peanuts hoping to be imaginary Dangote someday grin

10 Likes

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by Basalt(m): 3:22pm On Oct 19, 2022
timesupreloaded:
Imagine paying 10million naira for tuition, not even adding the money for tickets for you, your spouse and kids and 10 years you have never seen that amount in your account working abroad. Any 10million naira investment you make today in Nigeria will give you a profit of 50,000naira daily after all expenses has been taken out. Nigerians really need to start thinking

#50,000 consistent daily profit and no single loss? grin grin grin
Let me ask you a question.

Have you done business before in any part of Nigeria?

2 Likes

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by Basalt(m): 3:29pm On Oct 19, 2022
timesuploaded:
grin grin grin grin grin shocked

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by vinceyinnovation: 3:51pm On Oct 19, 2022
I RATHER TRAVEL TO THE USA FOR VACATION, BUT STAY IN NIGERIA FOR MONEY MAKING AND INVESTMENT.

JAPA SWEET, DANGOTE STILL DEY NAIJA
JAPA SWEET, OTEDOLA STILL DEY NAIJA

JAPA SWEET, TONY ELUMELU STILL DEY NAIJA, INVEST FOR NAIJA

ANYBODY ARGUING WITH THE OP IS DELUDED AND IMMATURE.

NOBODY IS STOPPING YOU FROM TRAVELING OUT, BUT USE YOUR TONGUE AND COUNT YOUR TEETH BEFORE YOU JAPA

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by timesuploaded: 3:52pm On Oct 19, 2022
Basalt:

grin grin grin grin grin shocked
Guy no be joke or laughing matter. Na confirm
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by timesuploaded: 3:56pm On Oct 19, 2022
SenatePresdo:

But most of the people we tag millionaires here in Nigeria might not worth up to 710 million naira (1 million dollars) to be categorised as a millionaire in America should they leave Nigeria.

Many middle class in America would be categorised as millionaires if they come to Nigeria and change their worth to Naira.

If I have a total 500 million naira in my account,
would californians agree that I'm a millionaire?
but middle class America never pay for he house finish na. Even his car is not fully paid for. Credit card gbese full middle class neck
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by timesuploaded: 3:59pm On Oct 19, 2022
AndroidAI:

How can you compare Oxford to Uniben if you are not mad?
it is a big disgrace to uniben to compare it to Harvard, Yale and Oxford combined together. You have been brainwashed. Nothing dey those schools.

1 Like

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by timesuploaded: 4:00pm On Oct 19, 2022
DLuciano:
garbage!
Be like the truth pain you small?
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by Jflex07(m): 4:02pm On Oct 19, 2022
Complete gibberish. Two of my guys who left for the UK via study Visas have completed their projects in Nigeria barely a year they left Nigeria. This was what they couldn't achieve in years.. More so the insecurity in this country is getting so bad that even with all your money and security apparatus you can be gunned down or kidnapped at any point in time.

1 Like

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by timesuploaded: 4:03pm On Oct 19, 2022
Basalt:

Well, I don't know about the UK.
But this is the kind of shitty article that was discouraging me from traveling out of Nigeria until I came back to my senses.
This year is the third year I left Nigeria for my studies in Germany and I have already roofed and plastered my duplex in Nigeria by the grace of God.
Now, the question is could I have done that if I kept wasting my time earning peanuts in Nigeria?

I am even tired of advising people to go outside and study, don't go.
Remain in Nigeria and keep earning peanuts hoping to be imaginary Dangote someday grin
people have built 15 houses in Nigeria without even knowing the road to any embassy. So what are you saying?

1 Like

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by Acidosis(m): 4:04pm On Oct 19, 2022
If the new government can successfully achieve a single digit inflation rate and an exchange rate of $1/N150-N200 (black market rate), I can assure you that 95% of those planning to leave the country will halt plans immediately. In fact, the word "japa" will cease to exist.

The above does not apply to those travelling for leisure and all that. It is strictly for those that want to make money overseas. The number one motivation for the high rate of migration in this era is the fact that, when people convert their $2000 to Naira, they get over a million Naira. Increase the value of the Naira and majority will stay back.

2 Likes

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by timesuploaded: 4:05pm On Oct 19, 2022
Jflex07:
Complete gibberish. Two of my guys who left for the UK via study Visas have completed their projects in Nigeria barely a year they left Nigeria. This was what they couldn't achieve in years.. More so the insecurity in this country is getting so bad that even with all your money and security apparatus you can be gunned down or kidnapped at any point in time.
them be aza boys. Nobody that travel abroad can complete duplex 15yrs after they left. Calm down. Na we dey inside abroad matter

3 Likes

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by timesuploaded: 4:07pm On Oct 19, 2022
Jflex07:
and I forget to add..the crime in Nigeria is child's play compare to abroad. Abroad is a crime infested shithole. Which security? Nigeria is the most secured place in the world.
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by Jflex07(m): 4:08pm On Oct 19, 2022
timesuploaded:
them be aza boys. Nobody that travel abroad can complete duplex 15yrs after they left. Calm down. Na we dey inside abroad matter
These guys na legit bro.. Although people dey make am here but no blame people wey won Japa... In droves na him people dey take Japa nowadays... We no go fit blame them oh.. The country get as e be
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by DLuciano: 4:14pm On Oct 19, 2022
timesuploaded:
Be like the truth pain you small?

what truth? just add "my opinion" to your boring essay!
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by SenatePresdo(m): 4:54pm On Oct 19, 2022
timesuploaded:
but middle class America never pay for he house finish na. Even his car is not fully paid for. Credit card gbese full middle class neck

How manage most world Billionaires are from America(720), and Nigeria has less than 5 Billionaires ?

If they are suffering to make money there as you are trying to portray?

1 Like

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by Pwhitelaw(m): 5:21pm On Oct 19, 2022
Pwhitelaw:
Our educational system is nothing to talk about and you can imagine graduating at the age of 27 coz of ASUU recurring strikes and most job ads will limit their requirements to just 25 yrs of age and you feel it's the best...The cost of living keep rising and the government keeps looting our treasury and you feel those who dey japa don't have their reasons ..Follow your dreams make Dem chase their hustle...I know a guy who travelled to UK via student visa route and he is presently doing fine with his family on Canada.
Our educational system is nothing to talk about and you can imagine graduating at the age of 27 coz of ASUU recurring strikes and most job ads will limit their requirements to just 25 yrs of age and you feel it's the best...The cost of living keep rising and the government keeps looting our treasury and you feel those who dey japa don't have their reasons ..Follow your dreams make Dem chase their hustle...I know a guy who travelled to UK via student visa route and he is presently doing fine with his family in canada. Na choice ...

3 Likes

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by timesuploaded: 6:17pm On Oct 19, 2022
SenatePresdo:

How manage most world Billionaires are from America(720), and Nigeria has less than 5 Billionaires ?

If they are suffering to make money there as you are trying to portray?

Because they(Americans/Europeans) are the biggest crooks in the world. Property is theft!
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by timesuploaded: 11:13pm On Oct 19, 2022
Pwhitelaw:
Our educational system is nothing to talk about and you can imagine graduating at the age of 27 coz of ASUU recurring strikes and most job ads will limit their requirements to just 25 yrs of age and you feel it's the best...The cost of living keep rising and the government keeps looting our treasury and you feel those who dey japa don't have their reasons ..Follow your dreams make Dem chase their hustle...I know a guy who travelled to UK via student visa route and he is presently doing fine with his family in canada. Na choice ...
if you don't understand global capitalism everything you think you understand in this life will continue to confuse you. Which do well? There is no prosperity anywhere in the world. Nigeria is the only success person. The person you mentioned in Canada is suffering

1 Like

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by SIRTee15: 11:25pm On Oct 19, 2022
timesuploaded:
It is even near impossible to do business abroad. Majority of rich people abroad (America in this case) are also 'japaing", renouncing their citizens to go to a tax friendly country. How much tax do people pay for their businesses here in Nigeria compared to abroad? Most people don't even pay tax at all. N50,000 daily is nothing, it is the average. It will shock you that the major akara woman in your street and the best mama put restaurant in the next street makes between 15,000 to 20,000 naira profit daily. 50k is nothing

15 thousand daily, na him everybody no dey fry akara for road side. advise people against travelling out recklessly but don't pay an unnecessary rosy picture of naija.
The truth is most people relocating are middle class workers. Business men hardly relocate, so u speaking the wrong language to the wrong people.

1 Like

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by timesuploaded: 3:02am On Oct 20, 2022
SIRTee15:

15 thousand daily, na him everybody no dey fry akara for road side. advise people against travelling out recklessly but don't pay an unnecessary rosy picture of naija.
The truth is most people relocating are middle class workers. Business men hardly relocate, so u speaking the wrong language to the wrong people.
that amount even too small. I made a mistake i wanted to say 25k. Many of una really dey in the dark sha. Poverty dey blind people. What is 15k daily? Can thats take care of a family of 5? Go sidd on una pride nor go let una fry akara. Siddon being jobless there dey was for job boasting for street with empty pocket that I am a graduate
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by BigIyanga: 3:14am On Oct 20, 2022
timesupreloaded:
How is it bull crap? Who made you hate yourself? Nigerians act like studying in the UK will make them turn to superman. Instead they are reduced to ants
Bull crap. Nigerian universities are not in the top 10 in Africa… olodo dey compare Uniben with Oxford.. Has ASUU called off strike?? Lol

1 Like

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by 9japride(m): 3:28am On Oct 20, 2022
vinceyinnovation:
I RATHER TRAVEL TO THE USA FOR VACATION, BUT STAY IN NIGERIA FOR MONEY MAKING AND INVESTMENT.

JAPA SWEET, DANGOTE STILL DEY NAIJA
JAPA SWEET, OTEDOLA STILL DEY NAIJA

JAPA SWEET, TONY ELUMELU STILL DEY NAIJA, INVEST FOR NAIJA

ANYBODY ARGUING WITH THE OP IS DELUDED AND IMMATURE.

NOBODY IS STOPPING YOU FROM TRAVELING OUT, BUT USE YOUR TONGUE AND COUNT YOUR TEETH BEFORE YOU JAPA
[color=#006600][/color]

Don't let those big men deceive you, they all benefited from the messed up political settings in the country. Majority of their children japa to secure a better future by studying abroad. In those days people hardly japa due to the good economy and life style. But today, the story is different. With this present situation in the country were some certain region of the country feel they are the owner of the country and keep maneuvering their way into power always. These set of people don't have the zeal to develop the country they prefer the country remain in archaic state. So with such mindset, you think the country will develop? Anyone that can make sacrifices to japa should do it especially if requires paying huge amount of money for tuition fees. Japa usually open up better opportunities. Until our wicked leaders and very wicked political candidates supporters change, I doubt if the country can catch up with the developed countries. Lastly, those who keep telling people not to japa are usually the ones that keep voting funny characters into power.

2 Likes

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by Ttalk: 3:39am On Oct 20, 2022
timesuploaded:
I did not ignore your point. Stop lying and stop hating your country. A common akara seller makes 10k profit daily. An investment she does with less than 50k then you want to tell me someone who invested tens of millions won't make hundred of thousands daily. These una die hard Nigeria is suffering is what is killing this country. Her akara business is what she use to pay her children school fees, feed them, cloth them and even save to start building a small house. Nigerians are not suffering it is people abroad who are suffering and depressed. Bye

There's point in what said but which 10m business will give you 50k monthly return.

That's 15% of your investment.
What business gives that.
Remember 10m may not even cover cost of land and power setup
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by Reflect7: 3:42am On Oct 20, 2022
SouthCaroliina:
the idi0t say people are balling in Nigeria. With your maggot infested brain. Compare the people balling abroad and the people balling in nigeria the poverty capital of the world. The things f00ls like you consider as balling na basic things for abroad. You lost soul, so all nigerians abroad are doing odd jobs? You be real pig

Oh dude shut up. You're an embarrassment.

Mr South Carolina. Home of neo-nazi racist rednecks and the ku klux klan.

You think we don't know that they follow you round the store there to ensure you're not stealing, being 'black'?

10th class citizen feeling funky.

2 Likes

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by timesuploaded: 3:52am On Oct 20, 2022
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

Don't let those big men deceive you, they all benefited from the messed up political settings in the country. Majority of their children japa to secure a better future by studying abroad. In those days people hardly japa due to the good economy and life style. But today, the story is different. With this present situation in the country were some certain region of the country feel they are the owner of the country and keep maneuvering their way into power always. These set of people don't have the zeal to develop the country they prefer the country remain in archaic state. So with such mindset, you think the country will develop? Anyone that can make sacrifices to japa should do it especially if requires paying huge amount of money for tuition fees. Japa usually open up better opportunities. Until our wicked leaders and very wicked political candidates supporters change, I doubt if the country can catch up with the developed countries. Lastly, those who keep telling people not to japa are usually the ones that keep voting funny characters into power.
oga shut up your mouth. Nobody gives their children the best life by taking them abroad. Since the history of Nigerians taking their children abroad we never hear anyone name say them reign for anything. They are all broke there. Taking your children abroad for better life is stupidity. There is no better life abroad. Stop being brainwashed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APC Calls For Cancellation Of LG Poll In Oyo / Which Nigerian Leader Did The Worst Damage To The Country? / Governor Of Enugu Did Not Impregnate His Sister-In-Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.