Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,369 members, 7,836,488 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:40 AM

The Myth Of Studying In The UK. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Myth Of Studying In The UK. (8074 Views)

This 2023 Election Has BUSTED The MYTH Of Igbo Marginalisation / Deconstructing The Myth That PMB Is Popular Enough To Win A Free & Fair Election / Chidi Odinkalu & Ayisha Osori: “Too Good To Die: Third Term & The Myth Of The (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by Basalt(m): 1:44pm On Oct 21, 2022
timesuploaded:
what is my business with worldwide when my village is filled with antelope and pounded yam? Western Civilization is bullshit. Their education is garbage.

Now I know your problem.
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by timesuploaded: 2:11pm On Oct 21, 2022
Basalt:

Now I know your problem.
Thats not a problem. Thats the definition of success
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by dettolgel: 12:33am On Oct 22, 2022
timesuploaded:
what is my business with worldwide when my village is filled with antelope and pounded yam? Western Civilization is bullshit. Their education is garbage.

Okay ooh. Na their education make your life convenient and safer. But na you get your mouth sha. cheesy
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by useni1: 7:01am On Oct 22, 2022
dettolgel:

Okay ooh. Na their education make your life convenient and safer. But na you get your mouth sha. cheesy
What's so special about going to university abroad? I rather talk to the oldest man in my village. Western education is stupidity
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by kurupt1: 7:16am On Oct 22, 2022
timesupreloaded:
Imagine paying 10million naira for tuition, not even adding the money for tickets for you, your spouse and kids and 10 years you have never seen that amount in your account working abroad. Any 10million naira investment you make today in Nigeria will give you a profit of 50,000naira daily after all expenses has been taken out. Nigerians really need to start thinking

Which business is that ? I'm interested
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by ruzell86: 8:36am On Oct 22, 2022
SmartPolician:

You were making sense until you got to this point. This is FALSE. You probably haven't done business in Nigeria before. There's a reason even middle-class people are running away from Nigeria.

The challenges that impede you from making money in Nigeria by far outweigh factors that help you grow your business. Insecurity, unstable currency, fear of the unknown, Nigerians keep electing idiots, etc. Apparently, only crime and politics thrive in Nigeria.
You made valid points bro.

The fears and worries in Naija are what you just emphasized. Reasons most japa. May God help us.
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by obafemiawoga: 8:41am On Oct 22, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ35UtEUDko

The Interim National Coordinator of Bola Ahmed Tinubu, BAT Ambassadors, Chief Jamiu Afolabi Ekungba has said that Nigeria at this point needs a man who can consistently follow ideas agreed upon, especially in the execution of his released manifesto and not a fair-weather personality who consistently jump from boat to boat to suit his personal desire or those of his cohorts

1 Like

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by useni1: 9:06am On Oct 22, 2022
ruzell86:

You made valid points bro.

The fears and worries in Naija are what you just emphasized. Reasons most japa. May God help us.
fear and worries are found in every part of the world. Go and check the data well there are more people dying in America than Nigeria. There are more crimes taking place in America than Nigeria. America has more people locked up in jail than the whole of Africa. We lack critical thinking that's why we see those shitholes as heaven

1 Like

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by ruzell86: 9:21am On Oct 22, 2022
useni1:
fear and worries are found in every part of the world. Go and check the data well there are more people dying in America than Nigeria. There are more crimes taking place in America than Nigeria. America has more people locked up in jail than the whole of Africa. We lack critical thinking that's why we see those shitholes as heaven
You made sense, albeit I doubt the bolded. America keep data and that is reason the stats are there to check unlike the Africa you use to compare.
How many crime cases are reported or registered in third world African countries whose most citizens are barely trying to survive.

2 Likes

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 22, 2022
GeneralPula:

Even tho, I’m not comparing..

Is there something they’ll teach you in Oxford that they won’t teach you in uniben?
you were really f0olish enough to put uniben and oxford in the same sentence

1 Like

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by useni1: 10:38am On Oct 22, 2022
ruzell86:

You made sense, albeit I doubt the bolded. America keep data and that is reason the stats are there to check unlike the Africa you use to compare.
How many crime cases are reported or registered in third world African countries whose most citizens are barely trying to survive.
China keeps record and their are more prisoners in America than China. China has more population than the whole of Africa

https://www.statista.com/statistics/262961/countries-with-the-most-prisoners/
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by Broveens42(m): 10:46am On Oct 22, 2022
dettolgel:

Lies....
Western education only modernized your insecurities, making it faster to die through motor accidents, weaponry, cultured viruses, carcinogenic foods etc

1 Like

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by useni1: 10:55am On Oct 22, 2022
Broveens42:

Lies....
Western education only modernized your insecurities, making it faster to die, through motor accidents, weaponry, cultured viruses, carcinogenic foods etc
fatality
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by dettolgel: 7:43am On Oct 23, 2022
useni1:
What's so special about going to university abroad? I rather talk to the oldest man in my village. Western education is stupidity

Isn't ironic that this conversation was possible thanks to progress made by Western education? grin
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by dettolgel: 7:44am On Oct 23, 2022
Broveens42:

Lies....
Western education only modernized your insecurities, making it faster to die through motor accidents, weaponry, cultured viruses, carcinogenic foods etc

Isn't ironic that this conversation was possible thanks to progress made by Western education? grin
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by useni1: 8:33am On Oct 23, 2022
dettolgel:

There is no progress made by western education. They did not invent the internet. They stole it. All invention comes from all people, criminal corporations (IBM, Microsoft) etc , stole it and used it as a business. Selling it all over the one. Criminal capitalist
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by dettolgel: 8:43am On Oct 23, 2022
useni1:
There is no progress made by western education. They did not invent the internet. They stole it. All invention comes from all people, criminal corporations (IBM, Microsoft) etc , stole it and used it as a business. Selling it all over the one. Criminal capitalist

The person they "stole" it from developed based on fundamental knowledge of western education. grin
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by useni1: 9:03am On Oct 23, 2022
dettolgel:

The person they "stole" it from developed based on fundamental knowledge of western education. grin
We don't need it. The internet is propaganda. Nothing to gain from it. When the communist revolution come we'll abolish and seize all private property and give it back to the communes where it originally came from. All private property is theft!
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by dettolgel: 9:10am On Oct 23, 2022
useni1:
We don't need it. The internet is propaganda. Nothing to gain from it. When the communist revolution come we'll abolish and seize all private property and give it back to the communes where it originally came from. All private property is theft!

You don't think so what are you doing with it? grin
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by Benbellamor: 9:34am On Oct 23, 2022
useni1:
China keeps record and their are more prisoners in America than China. China has more population than the whole of Africa

https://www.statista.com/statistics/262961/countries-with-the-most-prisoners/
China doesn't release their data freely... Covid19 exposed their hypocrisy.... What you are ignorant of is that first of all, people need an enabling environment... Where they can do things and get results, it maybe slow but steady....you can't compare quality of life in the UK to Nigeria...

Nobody pays you per hour here in Nigeria, you're Tied down for a whole one month...
What you call menial jobs pays better compared to having a 50,000 job and you can't save anything after a whole month salary..

There in the UK you can do more than 3 or 4 job shifting and have your basic amenities and little to save and grow slowly... You have quality life

Here in lagos Nigeria you're struggling with light issues high cost of transportation, heavy traffic situations spending hours achieving nothing....

You don't understand the deep situation here

Infact, I see you as a Lazy man if you don't make it over there ....maybe you spend far over your earning.
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by Broveens42(m): 11:21am On Oct 23, 2022
dettolgel:

Nothing ironic about it...
it's actually a MOCKERY of western education if you can get this info/knowledge faster about insecurities(including radiatons from your gadgets) associated with western education grin

Key words: faster, insecurities

1 Like

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by IbeOkehie: 1:02pm On Oct 23, 2022
Acidosis:

I disagree. As early as 2013, the exchange rate wasn't this bad and we weren't producing 95% (not even 50%) of what we consume.

USA is the greatest consuming nation in the world. The trick is to ensure mass exportation by leveraging our comparative advantage like oil, agriculture, entertainment, and minerals. 10% of our mineral resources alone is enough to increase our current FDI by 70% in 4-5 years. We don't have to locally produce our phones or laptops if we don't have the brains to do that.

Your reasoning is good but HOW does the government actually make it happen? It's not possible to leverage comparative advantage when importation is easier and more profitable than domestic production.

The key to making Nigeria productive is to float the naira. That is, government should stop fixing the value of naira. Let it trade freely, there should be no official rate, CBN rate or BDC rate. If you cared to check you will find that the most prosperous countries operate a free, market based exchange rate.

Think about it. If the naira is floated and trades at 2000/$, the rate of importation will fall. Many people buying Kia cars in Nigeria will NATURALLY switch to Innoson.

Turning Nigeria into a prosperous country is very easy. All that is required is free markets and the forex market is a good and effective place to start. Most Nigerians...especially educated Nigerians...hate the idea because it will create an economy where they have earn by working hard and not by entitlement.

Anyway I sensed the angst in your post and thought to give my 2kobo. Happy Sunday.
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by useni1: 2:37pm On Oct 23, 2022
Benbellamor:
China doesn't release their data freely... Covid19 exposed their hypocrisy.... What you are ignorant of is that first of all, people need an enabling environment... Where they can do things and get results, it maybe slow but steady....you can't compare quality of life in the UK to Nigeria...

Nobody pays you per hour here in Nigeria, you're Tied down for a whole one month...
What you call menial jobs pays better compared to having a 50,000 job and you can't save anything after a whole month salary..

There in the UK you can do more than 3 or 4 job shifting and have your basic amenities and little to save and grow slowly... You have quality life

Here in lagos Nigeria you're struggling with light issues high cost of transportation, heavy traffic situations spending hours achieving nothing....

You don't understand the deep situation here

Infact, I see you as a Lazy man if you don't make it over there ....maybe you spend far over your earning.
i dont know of anyone earning 50k monthly. Such person is a dumb and a lazy Nigerian youth. The poorest Nigerian I know earn 150k monthly which is just 5k daily. Nobody can even survive on that in present day Nigeria
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by Vicboy1(m): 3:33pm On Oct 23, 2022
Timesupreloaded i have a cousin that spent millions to travel to uk for masters degree. I heard he spent more that 2m to travel out. Money that should be invested in business

2 Likes

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by Benbellamor: 3:43pm On Oct 23, 2022
Vicboy1:
Timesupreloaded i have a cousin that spent millions to travel to uk for masters degree. I heard he spent more that 2m to travel out. Money that should be invested in business
if you're not well trained in a business and have enabling environment, the money goes down the drain....when you invest millions in education abroad, you have invested in yourself... You will lead your children through a quick path to success... The few millions you have invested in yourself is far more valuable than investing in business without security.... In Lagos your market can be demolished overnight,... Your land can be taken forcefully... You can't make your rent value of money in some cases

Invest in yourself, what's sure is that you will live a quality life...your level of thinking and connection will be above those you left behind
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by Benbellamor: 3:49pm On Oct 23, 2022
useni1:
i dont know of anyone earning 50k monthly. Such person is a dumb and a lazy Nigerian youth. The poorest Nigerian I know earn 150k monthly which is just 5k daily. Nobody can even survive on that in present day Nigeria
presently banks pay their drivers 50k....go and ask... A whole family man 50k....bank tellers earn 70-80k monthly some according to their level earn up to 120k to 150k depending on their level.....
How do you save after transportation and feeding, paying rent and changing clothings and other neccecities ?

While you can earn that amount in a week in UK while doing menial jobs...you do shifting and plan your time.... But here in Nigeria They Own you throughout the whole month
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by redsun(m): 3:57pm On Oct 23, 2022
Education in the uk is of at least five stages,while in nigeria, it is just one preliminary level-reading, writing and memorising. It doesnt teach people how to use their comon sense and creative initiatives; and that is why the country is like it's still in the stone age,ruled by the neanderthals.

2 Likes

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by Vicboy1(m): 4:31pm On Oct 23, 2022
Benbellamor:
if you're not well trained in a business and have enabling environment, the money goes down the drain....when you invest millions in education abroad, you have invested in yourself... You will lead your children through a quick path to success... The few millions you have invested in yourself is far more valuable than investing in business without security.... In Lagos your market can be demolished overnight,... Your land can be taken forcefully... You can't make your rent value of money in some cases

Invest in yourself, what's sure is that you will live a quality life...your level of thinking and connection will be above those you left behind
After paying for education in uk . u will still end up as toilet cleaner so it all waste

1 Like

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by Benbellamor: 5:17pm On Oct 23, 2022
Vicboy1:

After paying for education in uk . u will still end up as toilet cleaner so it all waste
this is where you got it wrong..you can be a trained nurse...a doctor......a filmamaker....cameraman....and earn good money......maybe you clean toilet or do security work, you're paid in hours....you have value for your time.....and most important is the quality of knowledge impacted on you....now when you come back to Nigeria... You will already save money and knowledge with connection to make it big here....that's why I don't support just moving permanently abroad, but go there gain knowledge and transform....that's why most high end businesses here in Nigeria have those who have invested in their education abroad and have the training to keep afloat always... They go abroad and come back, keep and sponsor their children abroad and have time for themselves
I am not talking of those doing illegal business like carrying drugs of doing 419....they call it business but when they are caught... Its jail

So let's tall legit

1 Like

Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 23, 2022
timesuploaded:
It is even near impossible to do business abroad. Majority of rich people abroad (America in this case) are also 'japaing", renouncing their citizens to go to a tax friendly country. How much tax do people pay for their businesses here in Nigeria compared to abroad? Most people don't even pay tax at all. N50,000 daily is nothing, it is the average. It will shock you that the major akara woman in your street and the best mama put restaurant in the next street makes between 15,000 to 20,000 naira profit daily. 50k is nothing

Oga you too like talk. Show us the people making such money. Una go just dey una house dey type rubbish.

How many people get money to buy things as e stand like this?

Come outside see as business dey close up and down.

People are barely making profits.
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 23, 2022
Vicboy1:

Says who! Oga no take mumu people dey judge. Most of those guys don't have certificate and besides you are paid in hours.

Try your hand on professional courses.
Re: The Myth Of Studying In The UK. by useni1: 6:27pm On Oct 23, 2022
Benbellamor:
presently banks pay their drivers 50k....go and ask... A whole family man 50k....bank tellers earn 70-80k monthly some according to their level earn up to 120k to 150k depending on their level.....
How do you save after transportation and feeding, paying rent and changing clothings and other neccecities ?

While you can earn that amount in a week in UK while doing menial jobs...you do shifting and plan your time.... But here in Nigeria They Own you throughout the whole month
You lie. That driver makes over 150k on the side. You guys are the problem of Nigeria. No single adult can live on 50k a month not to talk of a family man. All Nigerian homes bring in over 200k monthly. Let's stop with all this poverty talk. Nigeria is a very rich country. Even a day old baby can't survive on 500naira daily.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Pics: Biafrans Storm 10 Downing Street This Afternoon In Protest / Nigerian Politicians Are Clowns – Moghalu / Innoson Seals GTB At Bridgehead Onitsha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.