Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,856 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

The Origin Of The Battle Between El-Rufai And Peter Obi. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Origin Of The Battle Between El-Rufai And Peter Obi. (23702 Views)

Between El-rufai And Senator Abaribe - Nigerians React / Tinubu, El-rufai And An ‘accidental’ Meeting (photo) / El-Rufai And Oshiomhole Betrayed Me - Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Origin Of The Battle Between El-Rufai And Peter Obi. by Ezemust: 6:23pm On Oct 19, 2022
naptu2:

Me or El-Rufai?

If the question is directed at me, then people who follow me know how I scrutinised Buhari ahead of the 2015 elections, in fact the post has been shared many times.

As for you, I'm not going to show you a damn thing because I don't owe you any explanation and I don't give a shit whether you think I;m partial or impartial. That is your personal problem.
u or el rufai?What rubbish.el rufai opinion dont count coz we know him as an evil man.but u who is claiming impartial yet bringing an old article of an opposition party campagin gimick as a refrence point in this present season calls for prob...what fact did el rufai use in his jargon to make u resurrect the bullshit?U are fake.stop pretending

2 Likes

Re: The Origin Of The Battle Between El-Rufai And Peter Obi. by Tochi3(m): 6:26pm On Oct 19, 2022
Brendaniel:
So it is clear that El-rufai was the one who looked for trouble and for you naptu2 you are part of the reason why Nigeria is where it is today, you are not a kid, I noticed you have been supporting and still supporting useless governments right from your youthful age because of tribe and religion...
a full grown old ass man doing slavery and dobale for food for irresponsible governnent since 1900 ...

E tire person. . Tommorrow such person will be out in public and shouting " do you know who i am" cheesy grin
Re: The Origin Of The Battle Between El-Rufai And Peter Obi. by 506olufikunayo: 6:26pm On Oct 19, 2022
Click on the username to go to the threadClick on the username to go to the thread...
Re: The Origin Of The Battle Between El-Rufai And Peter Obi. by Ndubuisipaul1: 6:26pm On Oct 19, 2022
Ekejoestar:
None of what you posted up there is fact, absolutely none.

All I see there is name calling and hearsay as El Rufai's source,

EDUCATION

is this not the same Anambra state that the FGN accredited as having the best education system in Nigeria during Obi tenure? Or is there another Anambra state.

SECURITY

Before Obi came to power ask anybody about the security situation of OPP IWEKA, and also ask them to tell you of what Obi did when he assumed office, how he sanitized the whole security architecture in Anambra state.

ECONOMY

I am saying all these because I lived in Anambra state Onitsha to be precisely when he was in power, Anambra state was the economic powerhouse of eastern Nigeria where we have Onitsha main market which is the largest Market in west africa, it was Obi that made business to conducive for us to have that market and others like Ngbuka, Ochanja,

INFRASTRUCTURE

Was none existence before Obi came to power and he came and did his best in terms of infrastructure, most of the bridges and roads he built is still standing till date, go and verify.

Obi's only fault was that he wanted to reduce the cost of governance of which the vampires at Anambra house of assembly was against and they came up with different wild figures to paint him black but the results of his achievements are there for those who want to read and think for themselves to see.

I see what you guys are doing, the same machinery that maligned this man credibility that led to his impeachment has been reactivated again but this time una come late.

Thank you for taking your time to reply agbado fc
Re: The Origin Of The Battle Between El-Rufai And Peter Obi. by naptu2: 6:30pm On Oct 19, 2022
Sorry, but I have stopped taking requests on this thread. I am now focused on the thread that I want to enjoy tomorrow.

Those with requests will have to save them for my next thread in the politics section.

Thank you.
Re: The Origin Of The Battle Between El-Rufai And Peter Obi. by TechW: 6:38pm On Oct 19, 2022
BATified2023:
did u forget to read d part where it was clearly written that el rufai backed it up with facts?
fact from where?
he should have posted the source of the fact. ill-fact El rufai made up grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Origin Of The Battle Between El-Rufai And Peter Obi. by richmanrichard: 6:55pm On Oct 19, 2022
You're not talking to kids.You should also quote el rufai analysis on Anambra and also of all the non- APC ruled states then.El rufai was indirect ctly rooting for APC.
Re: The Origin Of The Battle Between El-Rufai And Peter Obi. by zachanalysis: 7:27pm On Oct 19, 2022
KingOfTheDamned:
grin

All these dirty Tinubu supporters opening threads everywhere to wail and cry their salty tears grin
So despite the insightful analysis up there, the web of foolishness is still heavily covering your eyes? I never knew Obi is such an intellectual lilliputan- A man not fit to preside over a village square meeting. I would rather have Buhari rule us for a third than have this intellectually dead buffon called Peter Obi, who is being buoyed on by his hoard of little logic supporters as Nigeria's next president. Tufiakwa!
Re: The Origin Of The Battle Between El-Rufai And Peter Obi. by SunMusk(m): 8:40pm On Oct 19, 2022
Reading that write up fear catch Me for Nigeria, bcs Obi is my candidate. If it is in the US this article is written Obi is a goner. It doesn't paint a good picture at all. His performance is not encouraging. I pray he perform better than Anambra sha
Re: The Origin Of The Battle Between El-Rufai And Peter Obi. by DDDDDav: 8:59pm On Oct 19, 2022
ATLIEN2027:
Just imagine a Governor of a state telling another citizen of Nigeria that they have no business coming to his state? Rufai should have kicked the bigot lying pandora idiot back to Anambra when he tried to visit Kaduna. Then the brainwashed ipob terrorist Zombidients will start crying and wailing like lunatics that they are.
Mad-Pig man stop crying
Re: The Origin Of The Battle Between El-Rufai And Peter Obi. by echomanji: 5:42am On Oct 20, 2022
Roger3D:

Well, Peter Obi told journalists dat Nasir El-Rufai hs no business in Anambra n dat he shouldn't b dere. He said dat he cannot go to monitor an election in Katsina n therefore, El-Rufai hs no business bn in Anambra.
Then Obi should never step foot in Katsina since he has no business there either. He should also know that he is a clown who doesn't know that Elrufai is from Zaria, Kaduna state and not Katsina.

Now does Peter Obi hv d ryt 2 determine whether a Nigerian citizen hs d ryt 2 b at any given place in d coun3 or does d constitution?
4get all thie talk abt hw it was ordered 4rm Abuja. It ws ordered by Obi himself.
Now if Elrufai decides to violate d constitution n pay him back in his own coin Ibos will run d internet wild.
Thumbs up to Nasir for being the bigger man.
May Obi lose and lose he will
on election day, smbdy lyk el rufai, a core northerner goes 2 d east 2 Monitor electn n u expct obi 2b comfy? U mumu aswear
Re: The Origin Of The Battle Between El-Rufai And Peter Obi. by naptu2: 4:13pm On Oct 20, 2022
Right, where were we?

I was told (I didn't read most of those posts) that someone complained that all the articles I posted were from Daily Post and that therefore makes them defective. What a funny and silly argument!

Therefore, I have decided to post articles about this same issue that were published in other newspapers. Since he wrote about Daily Post, it'll be nice to have him write about other newspapers.

This should be fun.
Re: The Origin Of The Battle Between El-Rufai And Peter Obi. by naptu2: 4:13pm On Oct 20, 2022
SSS detains El Rufai at Awka

By Augustine Awvode On Nov 17, 2013

•He has no business in Anambra, says Obi

Interim Deputy National Secretary of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Malam Nasir el-Rufai, was yesterday in Awka prevented from moving out of his hotel room to monitor the Anambra governorship election.

el-Rufai told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) at the ‘Finotel Hotel’ where he lodged that some armed men of the State Security Service (SSS) restrained him from moving out of the hotel to monitor the election.

He said:“I arrived in Awka by 7 p.m. on Friday and had a brief session with the APC candidate, Sen. Chris Ngige. When I came out to have my dinner, I saw three heavily armed SSS officers at the hotel.

“I asked them why they were following me; they told me that they were protecting me because Awka is not safe.

“I told them that I came with my own security. This morning, as I was about to have breakfast, they blocked the corridor and tried to restrain me from going out but I pushed by and went to the restaurant to eat.

“After my breakfast, I will be going to the APC Situation Room in town to monitor the election. I am being unlawfully detained here,’’ he said.

NAN reports that at this point, one of the SSS men entered the restaurant and confiscated the reporter’s tape recorder and deleted the recorded interview before returning it to her.

When contacted on telephone, the Director of SSS in the state, Mr. A.U. Okeiyi, confirmed the report, saying that el-Rufai was being protected.

“el-Rufai is not an ordinary person. If anything happens to him, they will blame the security,’’ he said.

Heavily armed security men were seen guarding the premises of the hotel.

Anambra State Governor, Peter Obi, reacted angrily to the development.

He said the former minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) had no business in Anambra State on the day of election.

The governor said genuinely accredited observers are not hindered by anybody.

“Accredited observers are moving around freely. But I am not sure el-Rufai was accredited by INEC as an observer.

“Like I said before, he has no business or any reason to be in Anambra at this time. All he is doing is dragging the name of Anambra in the mud.

“I can’t go to Katsina and monitor a governorship election. This is a federation. Even if he belongs to a particular party, the party has chieftains in this state and people of the southeast extraction.

“People should know that we have one country and we must build it for our children. el- Rufai has no reason to be in Anambra State.

“Quote me anywhere. I can’t go to Katsina State or Kano or where ever he may come from and go and monitor elections there. He should stay there”.

https://thenationonlineng.net/sss-detains-el-rufai-awka/
Re: The Origin Of The Battle Between El-Rufai And Peter Obi. by naptu2: 4:17pm On Oct 20, 2022
UPDATE: El-Rufai now contained to hotel room by DSS operatives in Awka

By Festus Owete November 16, 2013

UPDATE 3: The gun-totting SSS operatives at El-Rufai’s hotel in Awka appear to have withdraw. Mr. El-Rufai says they are no longer at the reception of the hotel. “We can’t find them here any longer,” the former minister told PREMIUM TIMES. “But we are trying to see if they have moved to the gate or what. We will only be able to tell when we try to drive out.”

UPDATE 2: El-Rufai now fully contained to his room in the Fontel Hotel in Awka, the Anambra State capital city. Entry and exit of hotel after the former minister tried to go out at about 3.30 p.m.

UPDATE 1: Operatives of the SSS are still there. Three of them are in the reception area while two are sitting in a white pick-up van, with registration number AJL 296 Al, parked outside the hotel. Previous access to newsmen now cut off. Mr. El-Rufai says, in a message to our reporter, that his spirit remain unbowed.

Former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, Nasir El-Rufai, who was confined to his hotel, Fontel Hotel, in Awka, by the State Security Service has stormed out of his hotel.

The former minister was seen in the company of Senator Osita Izunaso leaving his hotel and walking into the studio of the African Independent Television where he is expected to be interviewed.

Mr. El-Rufai had earlier posted on his twitter page, threatening to resist his arrest.

“I intend to discharge my duties today no matter what, and will go out when ready. I will dare the SSS to shoot…..we wait and see…thanks,” he said.

Mr. El-Rufai, a chieftain of the All Progressives Congress, APC, had arrived Awka, the Anambra state capital Friday to observe the election in which his party’s candidate, Chris Ngige, is a leading contender.

But security operatives descended on his hotel this morning blocking him from leaving the hotel.

Mr. El-Rufai said he telephoned the Director General of the State Security Service to complain but that his calls were unanswered.

Matters got to a head when SSS operatives forcefully seized the APC chieftain’s telephone in the midst of a phone interview with AIT’s Obiora Ilo, thus abruptly ending the interview.

Spokesperson to the SSS, Marilyn Ogar could not be reached to comment for this story.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/149721-el-rufai-defies-sss-storms-hotel-awka.html
Re: The Origin Of The Battle Between El-Rufai And Peter Obi. by deedeemob(m): 12:19am On Oct 21, 2022
Exactly the same way a civilian cant control the military. I hope u get the drift now ehn
gidgiddy:
Its one thing to say that Peter Obi supported the detention of El Rufai, it is another to say it was Peter Obi himself who detained El Rufai

The SSS or DSS, are a federal institution, Governors do not control them. So if El Rufai was detained by SSS, theres no need to drag Peter Obi ibto it as Peter Obi could not have ordered them to do so

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari's Letter To Senate On Appointment Of 2 Ministerial Nominees (Photo) / Lawali Attahiru Dogonkade Sentenced To Four Years Imprisonment In Zamfara / Tinubu-for-president Support Group Storms Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.