Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,739 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

Why They Were Taught To Die Fighting? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why They Were Taught To Die Fighting? (1280 Views)

4 Lies The Church Taught Me About Sex / Pastor Adeboye Was Afraid To Die On Nigeria Airways Flight / What Has Life Taught You So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why They Were Taught To Die Fighting? by collynzo(m): 2:53pm On Feb 25, 2006
[b] When this people who believe in going to heaven when they die fighting came to the area Christianity had already gained ground.many had already being taught about the religion so they had more followers than the then 'just came religion'.So during the GIHARD since they were withdrawing because they were being overpowered by the Christians their war commanders started encouraging them with the slogan 'he who fights and run lives to fight another day' they were adviced to face their anemies even if they die it will be better as they will have to fight no more and go to heaven.The christains never needed such encouragement as they were more in number and the war was in their favour.But the other religion were all fighting with 'the last drop of their blood'.
But today the followers of this religion has no understanding of this fact that it was just an encouragement for the early follwers who were being defeated at war and being followers of a great war lord who never quit in battles even when he is being defeated.
But I wish several of them who died and has been roasting in hell would come back and talk to their left behinds who are all looking for any slight opportunity to COMMIT SUICIDE
[/b]
Re: Why They Were Taught To Die Fighting? by kismat: 5:37pm On Feb 28, 2006
Somethings are good to hold on to and not post and your hate, anger and ignorance falls under this category. lipsrsealed
Re: Why They Were Taught To Die Fighting? by collynzo(m): 7:11pm On Feb 28, 2006
I do not hate them, and I don't see any ignorance here.we all know the truth and as for me I stop at nothing but the truth.I like them more than several christians in the south.But that doesn't mean they should not know their limits.Even the christians have their weak points too.
Re: Why They Were Taught To Die Fighting? by kismat: 11:45am On Mar 01, 2006
good to know that. You are right, there's no justification to killing people and tormenting other religions because of some act that happened far away. Besides that, God will protect his messenger and save him from any embarrassment.

But you should also understand that your feelings are deliberately being controlled by other non-muslims. Allow me to explain. How often do you see pictures of refugee camps in gaza and west bank on your teli? How often do you hear about Chechnya and how they are tortured to death, and gassed defending their homeland? What did the poor children of Iraq and Afghanistan do to be bombed and lead to living a suicidal life? Now observe a very good muslim friend and see how his emotions and intelligence are both synchronized. We care for other human beings no matter what color, faith, background they come from. All these on going events (iraq, israel, Afghanistan etc) touch us all muslims and a lot of non muslims too, the latter much much deeper. What some lack is a control of their emotions and not letting it transcend the use of common sense. Dont you think this is understandable if you consider that we all muslims are brothers and sisters to one another? Not trying to justify anything and i agree with you, its all out of control and some (not all) Muslims should learn how to get emotional hand brakes.
Re: Why They Were Taught To Die Fighting? by basharu(m): 12:05pm On Mar 17, 2006
u c mr.collynzo,faith and emotions never go dsame way.many muslims in d society are aggrieved over all these crisis but one thing worthy 2 note is that due 2 personal reasons some of our leaders use this type of opportunity 2 settle scores wiz dia opponents.lets take kaduna for instance,majority of d crisis were fought by area boys from both d muslim and christian sides which led 2 wanton distruction of lives and properties,bussiness areas were looted,innocents were victimised.u can imagine i was in televission area of kaduna town shortly after d fight when a group of area boys smoking hemp narreting stories of how they vandalised igbo traders shops in central market kaduna looting away properties of dia so called igbo christian brothers.and by d,how can an area boy tell me that he is fighting 4 religion when he does not even know d noms, values attatched 2 religion.in islam b4 u go 4 jihad u have 2bear in mind d necessary principles.u dnt touch children,women and old but in dis case, d revers is d case.so pls dnt think they are fighting 4 muslims,just 4 dia selfish intrest.
Re: Why They Were Taught To Die Fighting? by holythug(m): 3:16pm On Dec 29, 2007
Blasphemy shocked
Re: Why They Were Taught To Die Fighting? by holythug(m): 5:09pm On Dec 31, 2007

(1) (Reply)

Pls My Girl Friend Said I Must Attend Most Rev. Dr. Honourable.king Aka (cpa) / The City That God Has Prepared / That You Are Born Again Does Not Guarantee Answers To Prayers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.