Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,119 members, 7,818,353 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:20 PM

FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu (30026 Views)

Gubernatorial Appeals: Judgement Day For Sule, Fubara, Oborevwori / Diri Appeals Judgement Nullifying His Election As Bayelsa Governor / Adams Oshiomhole Appeals Judgement Removing Him As APC Chairman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by Zeezenho: 10:00am On Oct 20, 2022
ScamHunter:

You only made half sense... Release and rearrest him on what grounds? That he's been reborn in Nigeria and committed fresh offense? So if they release him, it means he was not kidnapped?

No wonder kidnapping thrives under this government.

when I listen to the way Nigeria reason it became crystal clear the reason why their government treat them the way they they currently do.

The clown said they should release and re arrest MNK as if releasing him will now make him born again so they will arrest him as a new creation where all their old illegalities against him will somehow pass away.

2 Likes

Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by Emyogalanya: 10:04am On Oct 20, 2022
MoneyMustBMade:

You mean exposing evil in Nigerian government and the criminals?
Tell that woman that sells shop near to give u one carton of ur brand and send me her account number i'll pay. That response was epic

1 Like

Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by Phantom233: 10:12am On Oct 20, 2022
Ikem11:

They can't release him and rearrest him again on any charges cos he still illegally in Nigeria . You can only arrest him again if he leaves the country and return on his own only then can any court in Nigeria have jurisdiction to hear any case concerning him.

That's exactly reason the fed govt never release and rearrest him
what's his offence? same federal government that is very releasing boko haram terrorists be and even appointing done as chiefs, sane FG to that is negotiating with kidnappers and bandits. Nigeria can't progress as a nation high be we separate

1 Like

Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by Forumobserver12(m): 10:13am On Oct 20, 2022
Praxis758:
It’s now obvious that the destabilization and instability in the South East is a delight to Buhari.

So you don't know before? South East was peaceful prior to the arrest of Nnamdi Kanu, whatever that is happening in South East today is a script by the federal government intended to distablize that region, I personally don't even know who is Kanu until Buhari got him arrested and created this whole chaos in South East..

They cannot tell me that they don't know implications of arresting him in the first place as a responsible government knowing fully well that the guy was never a security threat prior to his arrest, now the foolish federal government has created hero out unknown harmless individual and the result is the insecurity we are witnessing in South East today...
Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by Phantom233: 10:14am On Oct 20, 2022
Ikem11:

They can't release him and rearrest him again on any charges cos he still illegally in Nigeria . You can only arrest him again if he leaves the country and return on his own only then can any court in Nigeria have jurisdiction to hear any case concerning him.

That's exactly reason the fed govt never release and rearrest him
what's his offence? same federal government that is releasing boko haram terrorists and even appointing some as chiefs, same FG that is negotiating with kidnappers and bandits. Nigeria can't progress as a nation it's high time we separate.
Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by Zeezenho: 10:17am On Oct 20, 2022
kkonyeji:

Imagine this comment!
U think MNK is a Cashtivist?

It's Nigerians way of thinking that's why everything goes south in the country.
Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by Broveens42(m): 10:21am On Oct 20, 2022
SmartPolician:

First of all, Nnamdi Kanu was released with certain conditions, including not holding a rally and leaving the country. I mean the time Senator Abaribe stood in as surety for him. So, to have left the country, it means he jumped bail. Yes, I know that those soldiers who attacked his home were the cause.

For me, the most logical thing to do now is to release him, plant spies around his home so he doesn't run away. Allow him to stay for two weeks or so, and pick him up again with fresh charges. The FG counsel should remind the prosecuting judge the conditions for which he was originally discharged and that they now have fresh charges against him.

Well, I understand that the idea is to keep him in the DSS custody until Buhari leaves the office because Buhari is not ready or willing to release him. He has made that abundantly clear. So, for me, that's the best way to approach the matter.

Cc Ikea81

Lol. No be only jump bail..
Have the army paid the 1billion naira fine awarded by the federal high court umuahia ?
Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by Lionstep: 10:33am On Oct 20, 2022
OGHENAOGIE:
Many are Igbos so let igbos continue killing Igbos cos of one criminal idiot Kanu...

There people love one's and you're wrong most of them are not Igbos... it's really sad to be playing politics with people lives
Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by FreeStuffsNG: 10:35am On Oct 20, 2022
Demmama7:
They should leave this man alone for God's sake... Shey na until Dem kill the man... Free him edaku oooooo
And his victims nko? Their own lives and property destroyed do not marrer?smh.
The appeal courr wants to set a dangerpus precedent for anyone to destroy others with dangerous rhetorics
Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by cybertruss(m): 10:35am On Oct 20, 2022
Fira09:

SOURCE

Buhari is actually doing as expected. Currently no one can predict what will happen.

The Attorney general has natural hatred for MNK

MNK has a good, clean case.

Nigerian have seen Malami implements the worst judgement ever in recent Nigeria in Imo State election where he imposed governor on the people.

Will Malami perform another terrible judgement in Nigeria history and become the worst ever Attorney general.

Will God Almighty step in to change things for better for the people.

Only time will tell

Although some might argue that the supreme court is not just Malami but a panel of judges. But we all know there are ways things are manipulated in Nigeria

Welcome to the final part of this season film

2 Likes

Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by Indispensable85(m): 10:40am On Oct 20, 2022
Lionstep:
Ok......till buhari leave office I only pity the security Men in south east

They're only killing their fellow Igbos.

1 Like

Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by Lionstep: 10:41am On Oct 20, 2022
Indispensable85:

They're only killing their fellow Igbos.

All the security Men in south east are not Igbos
Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by seunayantokun(m): 10:42am On Oct 20, 2022
Further proof that what they call FG and malami are daft. UN is saying no, courts are saying no but you're still appealing. Well you will be happy to keep him longer but it will worsen the consequences. I'm sure some people will face ICC in the Hague and won't escape justice.

1 Like

Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by Austineva2: 10:44am On Oct 20, 2022
Emyogalanya:
A ruling party now acting as opposition. Fg is now playing the defensive game after scoring over 5 own goals. Fg is also hoping their offside goal will be allowed by VAR. while still hoping a penalty will be awarded to them against IPOB in FG's 1t yard box. meanwhile mike ozokhome ngolo kante has been giving well tailored killer passes to ifeanyi ronaldo ejiofor and leo messi ejimakor in the attack. By the way the centre ref mr UN had earlier given 6m of extra time of 3m has elapsed r xtra 3m What a way to play. What a game to watch.
I love this. I swear
Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by John4B: 10:44am On Oct 20, 2022
Fg should obey the rule of law and free that young man. A sentence is enough for the wise.
Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by Indispensable85(m): 10:51am On Oct 20, 2022
Lionstep:

All the security Men in south east are not Igbos

Check and see. Majority of the ones killed so far are igbos
Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by faste: 10:57am On Oct 20, 2022
SmartPolician:

First of all, Nnamdi Kanu was released with certain conditions, including not holding a rally and leaving the country. I mean the time Senator Abaribe stood in as surety for him. So, to have left the country, it means he jumped bail. Yes, I know that those soldiers who attacked his home were the cause.

For me, the most logical thing to do now is to release him, plant spies around his home so he doesn't run away. Allow him to stay for two weeks or so, and pick him up again with fresh charges. The FG counsel should remind the prosecuting judge the conditions for which he was originally discharged and that they now have fresh charges against him.

Well, I understand that the idea is to release him. He has made that abundantly clear. So, for me, that's the best way to approach the matter.

Cc Ikea81
FG needs to take him back to Kenya or UK cos he is in the country ilegaly ...he who comes to equity must come with clean hands...

1 Like

Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by wirinet(m): 10:57am On Oct 20, 2022
Praxis758:
It’s now obvious that the destabilization and instability in the South East is a delight to Buhari.

Yes now. To ensure sit at home in the east on election day. Big win for APC.
Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by Lionstep: 10:58am On Oct 20, 2022
Indispensable85:

Check and see. Majority of the ones killed so far are igbos

Are you with there names? And how many has been killed so far ... gorilla is not easy bro
Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by gidgiddy: 11:05am On Oct 20, 2022
Igboslayer:
The person above me get sense die...
The one below is so foolish, he doesn't even know.

Kanu has a deadly antecedents against the continuous existence of the Nigerian state and no sane person will release such person like that into the society. He's better where he is cooling off his hate filled movement right now.

A country functions on laws, not sentiments. If the courts say release Nnamdi Kanu, he has ti be released regardless of who likes it or not

If Government cannot obey the law, nobody is entitled to obey the law
Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by faste: 11:05am On Oct 20, 2022
ebuclassic18:
Instead of focusing on the current flood issues ravaging the country all they could think of is kanu, in a sane country the government would rolled out helicopters to try rescue victims and palliatives distributed
In the US during the huricanes thousands of service men would be release to help in relief effort...
Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by Emyogalanya: 11:08am On Oct 20, 2022
Austineva2:
I love this. I swear
A government voted into power to provide dividends of democracy to the electorates, rathert spent almost 8 solid years fighting a single man while abandoning its basic duties. Agitators where around Obj yet he did his job. Militants were here and yar adua did his job. Same with gej. I guess the average nigerian did not even know the names of the attorney general of the federation at those times. But this time once you hear abubakar malami you are sure kanu's will be nearby as if kanu is the only case in court he never speaks about another case. To top it since 2015 till date kanu has won them in all cases. Both locally and internationally. They have only won kanu on media propaganda news. Is that one a government? what else do u expect from a government that is scared of a wedding cake in certain combination of colours of red, green, black and yellow? A government that keeps a girl of 20 years behind bars for wearing a combination of colours
Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by emapeteum(m): 11:15am On Oct 20, 2022
SmartPolician:
The federal government can never win any case against Nnamdi Kanu because you cannot kidnap someone in another country and take him to court. That's outright abuse of due process. You cannot do today what Buhari did when he was a soldier - Nigeria is a democracy for God's sake!

However, they can continue to press charges against Kanu, but they must release him first and it should be established that he was released from DSS custody. Afterwards, you can press fresh charges and pick him up. That's the only way a judge can hear the case and continue litigation. I thought Malami was a reasonable man. undecided
A man who jumped bail in the first instance and who called for the destruction of Nigerian states has lost his liberty as a human.
Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by MiracleMe7: 11:25am On Oct 20, 2022
SmartPolician:
The federal government can never win any case against Nnamdi Kanu because you cannot kidnap someone in another country and take him to court. That's outright abuse of due process. You cannot do today what Buhari did when he was a soldier - Nigeria is a democracy for God's sake!

However, they can continue to press charges against Kanu, but they must release him first and it should be established that he was released from DSS custody. Afterwards, you can press fresh charges and pick him up. That's the only way a judge can hear the case and continue litigation. I thought Malami was a reasonable man. undecided
☝☝☝What do you expect from a charge and bail lawyer that knows nothing about law, and Buhari made him AGF because of nepotism?

Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by MiracleMe7: 11:28am On Oct 20, 2022
☝☝☝What do you expect from a charge and bail lawyer that knows nothing about law, and Buhari made him AGF because of nepotism?
Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by Igboslayer: 11:41am On Oct 20, 2022
gidgiddy:

A country functions on laws, not sentiments. If the courts say release Nnamdi Kanu, he has ti be released regardless of who likes it or not

If Government cannot obey the law, nobody is entitled to obey the law
Only the Supreme Court has the final say... The judgement he got is only part of the process towards his release... as long as there is an appeal. Besides there are 1000 and 1 counts that can be used to keep that block head permanently in the gaol forever. Forget sentiments, he deserve what he's getting.

1 Like

Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by Adonispco: 11:57am On Oct 20, 2022
Praxis758:

Igbos hate Buhari and rejected him three times at the polls and when he eventually won in his fourth attempt; they began to disturb his government with their biafra noises.
To pay them back; Buhari kidnapped their IPOB supreme leader, and they foolishly imposed a useless sit at home which they are all suffering today.
Buhari being an ethnic sadist will not release MNK for peace to return to south-eastern Nigeria.
Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by Henrinos: 12:13pm On Oct 20, 2022
I knew this case gonna end at Supreme Court

1 Like

Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by Emergingnation3(m): 12:28pm On Oct 20, 2022
Okoroawusa:
Nnamdi Kanu will die in prison
Your generation will die in excruciating pains....

Typical Fulani Muslim....
Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by Dereformer(m): 12:47pm On Oct 20, 2022
Igboslayer:
Only the Supreme Court has the final say... The judgement he got is only part of the process towards his release... as long as there is an appeal. Besides there are 1000 and 1 counts that can be used to keep that block head permanently in the gaol forever. Forget sentiments, he deserve what he's getting.

He deserve what he is getting by demanding for the freedom of his people?
Bro, mark this statement of yours. By next year, I will ask you how far.
Re: FG Appeals Judgement Freeing Nnamdi Kanu by paramakina202: 12:53pm On Oct 20, 2022
Intellectuall01:
But Kanu cannot be freed if we look at it from a realistic point of view. The only reason they should free him is because, the FG has been releasing Boko Haram members therefore, same should be done in the case of Kanu.

But the problem therein is, if they free this guy, he will go back to his old ways.

That is why they should find political solution to solve the problem.Something must give.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Thousands Escape Death As JTF Intercept Bombs Concealed In Food Flask / No Inch Of Yoruba Land Will Be Ceded To Fg's Creditors - Afenifere / Uzodimma Names Federal Secretariat/PH Road After President Buhari (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.