Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,291 members, 7,815,502 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:33 PM

Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank (43553 Views)

Polaris Bank Network Failures And The Silence Of CBN / Be Careful About Polaris Bank Limited / What You Should Know About Polaris Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by AnonPoet: 6:32pm On Oct 20, 2022
The headlines have been buzzing with the news of the sale of Polaris bank. Here are ten important facts to note:
● Polaris Bank was created as a bridge bank. This means that it was created to manage the assets and liabilities of another bank which failed (in this case, Skye Bank). The regulatory authorities intervened to stabilize the bank with the much-needed liquidity. The bank has since grown and its roots are grounded in the Nigerian financial ecosystem thus now fit for ownership by competent and capable investors.

● The new investor is Strategic Capital Investment Limited. Ponglomerape Limited is a diversified conglomerate with massive investments in the real estate, Agriculture, Manufacturing, and Consulting sectors. The company was established to identify and implement the completion of a strategic investment in the Nigerian financial services sector, as the first step in an investment strategy focused on building a strong and robust growth platform within the Nigerian financial services sector.

● YES. Shareholders’ funds and customers’ deposits are 100% safe and will remain so.

● NO. There are no planned staff layoffs.

● Yes. There is a new board led by M.K Ahmad who is continuing in his role as Chairman Polaris.

● Yes. There is a new management team led by Adekunle Sonola.

● Adekunle Sonola is a proven and experienced veteran of the banking industry, with decades of experience in executive and managerial positions in corporate banking, investment banking, and commercial banking, across several banks and multiple countries. Under his management, the bank is poised to take banking services to the next level, as he brings to bear his wealth of experience in various areas of banking to take Polaris to the next level in delivering banking services to customers and partners.

● NO. This is not a political transaction.

● Yes, the current focus of the new management is on stability and growth.

● Yes. The Central Bank of Nigeria and the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria have fully passed on all the assets and liabilities of Polaris Bank to SCIL.

45 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by Freshfish4: 6:39pm On Oct 22, 2022
If you people are still confused, you should turn the banking buildings to tombo and bushmeat spots, una go sell scatter. Always changing name and always changing owners, one thing is for sure, My money ain't entering there PERIOD!!!!!!

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by GreaterFuture(m): 6:40pm On Oct 22, 2022
Ook.
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by amerengues(m): 6:40pm On Oct 22, 2022
This is quite a good read! I, however, have some doubts about it not being a political move. Anyways, if it's for the better, no problem.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by Mewhizzp(m): 6:40pm On Oct 22, 2022
G
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by airsaylongcome: 6:40pm On Oct 22, 2022
Lol! This PR management no make sense

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 22, 2022
Whoever branded bank should be jailed

Polaris. grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by reiddecuti: 6:41pm On Oct 22, 2022
Watching...

On the other hand, the bank na one of the useless bank for 9ja.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by dahmie2013: 6:41pm On Oct 22, 2022
Thanks for the information.

1 Like

Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by trantayo: 6:41pm On Oct 22, 2022
Fantastic news

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by EmmaLege: 6:41pm On Oct 22, 2022
Noted

1 Like

Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by solsticey2k3(m): 6:41pm On Oct 22, 2022
Be Obidient

15 Likes

Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by obembet(f): 6:41pm On Oct 22, 2022
Thanks for the information

3 Likes

Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by tellsblinks(m): 6:41pm On Oct 22, 2022
So how would I withdraw my remaining balance?

4 Likes

Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by Offpoint1: 6:41pm On Oct 22, 2022
Regardless, I've used my N250 left to recharge my line... I'm at peace now

11 Likes

Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by gionnio(f): 6:41pm On Oct 22, 2022
I hope peoples money are still safe and intact oo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:42pm On Oct 22, 2022
NO. There are
no planned staff layoffs.
GOOD NEWS! cheesy cheesy

Noted! wink

Thanks OP!!!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by xristos(m): 6:43pm On Oct 22, 2022
angry
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by JoshTim: 6:43pm On Oct 22, 2022
A bank with a CCC- rating as at 2020. I will still carry out their FS analysis soon to know if they have improved for the 2021 FY
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by Karlovych: 6:43pm On Oct 22, 2022
embarassed I see them implementing Sharia in their new policies

This I have seen

2 Likes

Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by oluwaseyi0: 6:44pm On Oct 22, 2022
What's now the new name of the bank

SCIL bank?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:44pm On Oct 22, 2022
cool

1 Like

Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by yuzjet(m): 6:44pm On Oct 22, 2022
Now that we've known the facts, next please... undecided
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by jessylaurel(f): 6:45pm On Oct 22, 2022
tellsblinks:
So how would I withdraw my remaining balance?

Hope your remaining balance fit flash MTN to MTN line?? grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by R0LL0N(m): 6:45pm On Oct 22, 2022
My money oh Polaris
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by seanwilliam(m): 6:45pm On Oct 22, 2022
Ok
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by Kingspin(m): 6:46pm On Oct 22, 2022
I will remain with my bank.
Any new bank coming is not for me.

2 Likes

Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:46pm On Oct 22, 2022
What new name will the new owners give it cos they will definitely go for a New name....

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

[PHOTO] Dangote, Otedola, Meet Buhari As Elumelu Invests $2.5m In Power Sector / Complete Digital Marketing Training Online / Today's Naira Exchange Rate Against The Dollar, Pounds And Euro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.