Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,049 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:34 AM

Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank (43557 Views)

Polaris Bank Network Failures And The Silence Of CBN / Be Careful About Polaris Bank Limited / What You Should Know About Polaris Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by Sixfiguresmart(m): 6:46pm On Oct 22, 2022
They are thieves in there. Never you trust any Nigerian bank. They are all criminals
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by nairajotter: 6:50pm On Oct 22, 2022
Definitely can't be a political move, the bank has had a long-standing issue with the financial regulatory body before the election period.
amerengues:
This is quite a good read! I, however, have some doubts about it not being a political move. Anyways, if it's for the better, no problem.
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by nairajotter: 6:52pm On Oct 22, 2022
That sounds like something that can be said about just any financial institution anywhere in the world
Sixfiguresmart:
They are thieves in there. Never you trust any Nigerian bank. They are all criminals
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by nairajotter: 6:54pm On Oct 22, 2022
Best believe we still have NDIC in Nigeria, hence depositors' funds are always safe.Meanwhile other banks have their own issues too
Freshfish4:
If you people are still confused, you should turn the banking buildings to tombo and bushmeat spots, una go sell scatter. Always changing name and always changing owners, one thing is for sure, My money ain't entering there
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by ljoh: 6:54pm On Oct 22, 2022
Freshfish4:
If you people are still confused, you should turn the banking buildings to tombo and bushmeat spots, una go sell scatter. Always changing name and always changing owners, one thing is for sure, My money ain't entering there

Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by bmd1010: 6:56pm On Oct 22, 2022
Ok
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by nairajotter: 6:56pm On Oct 22, 2022
com'on
Karlovych:
embarassed I see them implementing Sharia in their new policies

This I have seen
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by Threesha(f): 6:56pm On Oct 22, 2022
Internship available in a tech company, if you interested DM me
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by Amos1423(m): 6:56pm On Oct 22, 2022
● YES. This is a political transaction.
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by bigstillz: 6:58pm On Oct 22, 2022
No name change.
valentineuwakwe:
What new name will the new owners give it cos they will definitely go for a New name....
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by blackboy(m): 7:00pm On Oct 22, 2022
They forgot to add that this transaction is fraudulent and was not transparent. Google the company. Agriculture, consulting etc lol typical activities of or fronts of companies that are fronts for those who looted Nigeria's money. Was due process followed? Who were the other interested companies? scam ......
2015 NNPC mega stations in Abuja changed to Dan Oil then when it was apparent GEJ was going to loose they changed it back to NNPC then back to Dan Oil when it was realised this government was worse that the previous as I speak they are now a new company that owns the mega station.
9 mobile sale and Key Stone bank sale ..... were they really transparent?

1 Like

Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by bigstillz: 7:02pm On Oct 22, 2022
CBN governor has severed the chances of allowing any financial sector to take part in Nigeria's politics after his political ambition was greatly frowned upon by all. This Polaris bank move has zero political involvment.
amerengues:
This is quite a good read! I, however, have some doubts about it not being a political move. Anyways, if it's for the better, no problem.
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by Freshgrace4life(f): 7:02pm On Oct 22, 2022
Shey my 1k sha dey save
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by Odidigboigbo(m): 7:06pm On Oct 22, 2022
blackboy:
They forgot to add that this transaction is fraudulent and was not transparent. Google the company. Agriculture, consulting etc lol typical activities of or fronts of companies that are fronts for those who looted Nigeria's money. Was due process followed? Who were the other interested companies? scam ......
2015 NNPC mega stations in Abuja changed to Dan Oil then when it was apparent GEJ was going to loose they changed it back to NNPC then back to Dan Oil when it was realised this government was worse that the previous as I speak they are now a new company that owns the mega station.
9 mobile sale and Key Stone bank sale ..... were they really transparent?
NNPC mega filling stations are mostly franchise

1 Like

Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by israelmao(m): 7:21pm On Oct 22, 2022
Leakkyanus:
Okay
Another meaning for forgery or privacy is now adjustment.
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by Bigchristo: 7:26pm On Oct 22, 2022
AnonPoet:
The headlines have been buzzing with the news of the sale of Polaris bank. Here are ten important facts to note:
● Polaris Bank was created as a bridge bank. This means that it was created to manage the assets and liabilities of another bank which failed (in this case, Skye Bank). The regulatory authorities intervened to stabilize the bank with the much-needed liquidity. The bank has since grown and its roots are grounded in the Nigerian financial ecosystem thus now fit for ownership by competent and capable investors.

● The new investor is Strategic Capital Investment Limited. Ponglomerape Limited is a diversified conglomerate with massive investments in the real estate, Agriculture, Manufacturing, and Consulting sectors. The company was established to identify and implement the completion of a strategic investment in the Nigerian financial services sector, as the first step in an investment strategy focused on building a strong and robust growth platform within the Nigerian financial services sector.

● YES. Shareholders’ funds and customers’ deposits are 100% safe and will remain so.

● NO. There are no planned staff layoffs.

● Yes. There is a new board led by M.K Ahmad who is continuing in his role as Chairman Polaris.

● Yes. There is a new management team led by Adekunle Sonola.

● Adekunle Sonola is a proven and experienced veteran of the banking industry, with decades of experience in executive and managerial positions in corporate banking, investment banking, and commercial banking, across several banks and multiple countries. Under his management, the bank is poised to take banking services to the next level, as he brings to bear his wealth of experience in various areas of banking to take Polaris to the next level in delivering banking services to customers and partners.

● NO. This is not a political transaction.

● Yes, the current focus of the new management is on stability and growth.

● Yes. The Central Bank of Nigeria and the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria have fully passed on all the assets and liabilities of Polaris Bank to SCIL.
I said this thing yesterday one guy nearly cut my neck here say I Dey yarn rubbish that all investors and shareholders will lose their money invested and shares they have with the bank because it was acquire 100 from AMCON , I was forced to communicate with a Polaris bank manager to clarify before reply the guy because I’ve face similar cases before during the time Intercontinental bank was acquired by Access, some of these Nairalanders go engage out of ignorance and argue with you as if they actually know what they are saying but on a long run they don’t know anything grin grin

Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by amerengues(m): 7:27pm On Oct 22, 2022
bigstillz:
CBN governor has severed the chances of allowing any financial sector to take part in Nigeria's politics after his political ambition was greatly frowned upon by all. This Polaris bank move has zero political involvment.

Good to know!
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by Brunicekid(m): 7:34pm On Oct 22, 2022
Why is this under Politics section?
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by Someodds: 7:39pm On Oct 22, 2022
Poor customer service representatives.
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by kestolove95(m): 7:53pm On Oct 22, 2022
For stopping Muslims from observing Friday prayers them Don vex buy the bank.. Make another bank try rubbish again make dem see as e go end
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by najibibrahimidr: 7:55pm On Oct 22, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYFQn2MGauQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gua2eTg2MIk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ35UtEUDko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlctqMIVDyo
Supreme Court Affirms Oborevwori As Delta PDP Guber Candidate

Delivering judgment on Friday, a five-member panel of the apex court, led by Amina Augie, upheld the decision of the Abuja court of appeal.

During the PDP primary in May, Oborevwori polled 590 votes to beat David Edevbie, the commissioner for finance during the James Ibori administration, who polled 113 votes.

While Oborevwori is the preferred candidate of Ifeanyi Okowa, Delta governor, James Ibori, a former governor, is said to be backing Edevbie
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by OMYKROIN: 7:57pm On Oct 22, 2022
I don forget my password to the Vulte app
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by Chiedygirl: 8:03pm On Oct 22, 2022
Which money? You don repay the loan wey you collect from Ren money?

R0LL0N:
My money oh Polaris
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by Nicepoker(m): 8:05pm On Oct 22, 2022
post=117788562:

GOOD NEWS! cheesy cheesy

Noted! wink

Thanks OP!!!
Just shut it
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by hardbody: 8:12pm On Oct 22, 2022
reiddecuti:
Watching...

On the other hand, the bank na one of the useless bank for 9ja.

I no even join them for the list of banks in Nigeria. When i no dey mad.
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by guychidile: 8:14pm On Oct 22, 2022
Sometimes, am confused with what do take place in the country.
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by jojothaiv(m): 8:14pm On Oct 22, 2022
Strategic Capital Investment Limited. Ponglomerape Limited is.....

I don't know about others but I find this lines confusing, is PL a subsidiary of SCIL or is an independent entity and if it is, why are we made to believe that SCIL were the one pulling the strings or is it some transaction.

In addition, you say it's not some political transaction/move, okay, agreed. So how did you come about your findings/conclusion.
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by Ooe33: 8:18pm On Oct 22, 2022
Oga u sure say u get balance? Cos I sure say dem never stop withdrawal o.
tellsblinks:
So how would I withdraw my remaining balance?
Re: Ten Facts To Note About Polaris Bank by kologba: 8:23pm On Oct 22, 2022
AnonPoet:
The headlines have been buzzing with the news of the sale of Polaris bank. Here are ten important facts to note:
● Polaris Bank was created as a bridge bank. This means that it was created to manage the assets and liabilities of another bank which failed (in this case, Skye Bank). The regulatory authorities intervened to stabilize the bank with the much-needed liquidity. The bank has since grown and its roots are grounded in the Nigerian financial ecosystem thus now fit for ownership by competent and capable investors.

● The new investor is Strategic Capital Investment Limited. Ponglomerape Limited is a diversified conglomerate with massive investments in the real estate, Agriculture, Manufacturing, and Consulting sectors. The company was established to identify and implement the completion of a strategic investment in the Nigerian financial services sector, as the first step in an investment strategy focused on building a strong and robust growth platform within the Nigerian financial services sector.

● YES. Shareholders’ funds and customers’ deposits are 100% safe and will remain so.

● NO. There are no planned staff layoffs.

● Yes. There is a new board led by M.K Ahmad who is continuing in his role as Chairman Polaris.

● Yes. There is a new management team led by Adekunle Sonola.

● Adekunle Sonola is a proven and experienced veteran of the banking industry, with decades of experience in executive and managerial positions in corporate banking, investment banking, and commercial banking, across several banks and multiple countries. Under his management, the bank is poised to take banking services to the next level, as he brings to bear his wealth of experience in various areas of banking to take Polaris to the next level in delivering banking services to customers and partners.

● NO. This is not a political transaction.

● Yes, the current focus of the new management is on stability and growth.

● Yes. The Central Bank of Nigeria and the Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria have fully passed on all the assets and liabilities of Polaris Bank to SCIL.
it's a political transaction.....the market worth is over 1 trillion naira but was bought for 50b....

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Bows To Will Of The Supreme Court: Old Naira Notes Remain Legal Tender - FFK / Coldstone Creamery Is Trying To Cover Up A Theft At Their Lekki Outlet / [PHOTO] Dangote, Otedola, Meet Buhari As Elumelu Invests $2.5m In Power Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.