Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,360 members, 7,812,017 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:22 AM

A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company (3746 Views)

Burial Of Prince Jerry Who Killed Himself In Italy / Man Tried To Kill Wife By Flying Plane Into Their Home In US But Killed Himself / Mukoro Ovie: How Man Killed Himself In Delta State - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by 11thGoldTREE: 3:35pm On Oct 21, 2022
It's been a while I last heard about him only to meet one of our friends after jumat today.
He told me a loan company Easy Buy threatened him with all sort of messages. And to his contact.
He mentioned how the guy kept borrowing from one loan company to offset another loan company.

When he was fraustrated about life and confide in few people. He committed suicide

I think this is the time to stop all these Chinese loan companies. Let's be honest with ourselves Nigerians are being held by the throat by these loan companies. When they didn't exist, there was no rampant suicide rate in Nigeria.

These same companies are all owned by the same people. XCROSS, Jumia app, Easy-buy, Palm Credit, Palm Pay .
Some are even pre-install apps on on all these android phones and synchronize people's data automatically.

The Federal Government and NCC should please look into this.
These Chinese people with their phones should not be able to take peoples data willfully even apart from their loan app should not blackmail Nigerians and giving them loans they might be able to afford to pay back.

10 Likes

Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by God1000(m): 3:36pm On Oct 21, 2022
Why killing himself
Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by 11thGoldTREE: 3:42pm On Oct 21, 2022
God1000:
Why killing himself
I am pained and really hurt. This has to stop
Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by gbaskiboy: 3:49pm On Oct 21, 2022
Why take loan you cannot repay? This is the simple agreement between the loan company and the customer when you borrow pay and you will be given time to pay and interest. If after reading their terms and conditions you still go ahead to borrow and you renege payment and you think they will take it easy with you is a joke, they are in for business to make profit not to lose. No commercial banks can borrow you 100k, without collateral, when they borrow you, they don't ask for collateral and they give it to you with hope you pay when due, but you collect and refuse to pay.

12 Likes

Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by Danibonk(m): 3:55pm On Oct 21, 2022
If I will eventually take loan from these loan sharks I will use the money to drink and Bleep ashawo so that I will not even think of paying back. But I don’t need a loan

3 Likes

Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by ibechris(m): 4:40pm On Oct 21, 2022
I don't pity him.

How can u go to someone's shop to collect what u can't pay back.

I personally, is on a loan of about 4.4million for 5years.

If I can't pay my loan,I will meet my bank for restructuring and other best ways to offset it...not when after u have agreed to use their money to lessen your burden,then u now starts avoiding them.

My mum used to say,agreement is agreement.

Last warning:
Avoid loans when u can't pay. It is only irresponsible govts that fights loan sharks,are there no loan sharks in advance countries?

Rest in peace to him because I am sure Nigeria failed him not loan sharks.

Let govt start given graduates seed funds after graduation to assuage the financial difficulties we go through as a people.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by RepoMan007: 4:40pm On Oct 21, 2022
FG should set up an alternative to these Chinese loans, they already took huge loans on behalf of all Nigerians.
They have our GSM numbers, BVN, NIN, and more so giving a repayable loan isn't suppose to be that hard instead of me going to Chinese people with no soul.

Funny thing is the commercial banks who prefer to give loans to only salary receivers may lose customer the day a Chinese lender decides to become a bank in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by bigjackass: 4:41pm On Oct 21, 2022
because they message your contacts that you are owing you decide to kill yourself. lol

7 Likes

Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by Mihzwhitesutana(f): 4:57pm On Oct 21, 2022
ibechris:
I don't pity him.

I personally, is on loan of about 4.4million for 5years.

If I can't pay my loan,I will meet my bank for restructuring
Do loan apps allow for loan restructuring if someone is unable to meet up?
Well I don't think what the op is talking about is even the loan.

He is talking about encroaching on people's data by all these pre-installed apps on these android phones. Especially palmpay and palmchat and co

I believe the op is telling the truth because once you borrow from those loan apps, you discover many text messages from other loan companies asking you to come and borrow more for them. Where did they get your number from?

When you dig deep, you discover all these most of these companies belong to one organisation. They know you are owing but they will still cajole you with other numbers on text messages and WhatsApp and text to come and borrow money.
If you don't use your head, you will now be borrowing from one loan app to pay another loan app thereby getting sucked in a loan chain. I hope I made sense sir?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by ibechris(m): 5:09pm On Oct 21, 2022
Mihzwhitesutana:
Do loan apps allow for loan restructuring if someone is unable to meet up?
Well I don't think what the op is talking about is even the loan.

He is talking about encroaching on people's data by all these pre-installed apps on these android phones. Especially palmpay and palmchat and co

I believe the op is telling the truth because once you borrow from those loan apps, you discover many text messages from other loan companies asking you to come and borrow more for them. Where did they get your number from?

When you dig deep, you discover all these most of these companies belong to one organisation. They know you are owing but they will still cajole you with other numbers on text messages and WhatsApp and text to come and borrow money.
If you don't use your head, you will now be borrowing from one loan app to pay another loan app thereby getting sucked in a loan chain. I hope I made sense sir?

See,when collecting loans read in between the lines. They are all written right there before u agreed to the terms.
We only collect the loans and don't care about the consequences. If we must borrow money from vendors, be ready to face the wahala that comes with it.

Agreement is agreement. There is not free money any where in this world.

5 Likes

Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by AfahaAbia(m): 7:38pm On Oct 21, 2022
ibechris:
I don't pity him.

I personally, is on loan of about 4.4million for 5years.

If I can't pay my loan,I will meet my bank for restructuring and other best ways to offset it...not when after u have agreed to use their money to lessen your burden,then u now starts avoiding them.

My mum used to say,agreement is agreement.

Last warning:
Avoid loans when u can't pay. It is only irresponsible govts that fights loan sharks,are there no loan sharks in advance countries?

Rest in peace to him because I am sure Nigeria failed him not loan sharks.

Let govt start given graduates seed funds after graduation to assuage the financial difficulties we go through as a people.

Sometimes it's not their fault. I personally I'm presently servicing a loan of 8 million naira with UBA.. Now I'm presently bombarded with loan offers from GTB and Zenith bank(2m each). If I'm not disciplined I may be tempted to take loans from them too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by Lastpharoah33: 8:01pm On Oct 21, 2022
AfahaAbia:

Sometimes it's not their fault. I personally I'm presently servicing a loan of 8 million naira with UBA.. Now I'm presently bombarded with loan offers from GTB and Zenith bank(2m each). If I'm not disciplined I may be tempted to take loans from them too.

You must be a principled, hardcore hustler to be this credit-worthy...

2 Likes

Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by Rexymania(m): 8:19pm On Oct 21, 2022
If I tell you how much I dey owe, you go dey weep for grave. I'm owing 100+ since two years ago. Dem no dey even call again lol

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by harmargedon: 8:26pm On Oct 21, 2022
gbaskiboy:
Why take loan you cannot repay? This is the simple agreement between the loan company and the customer when you borrow pay and you will be given time to pay and interest. If after reading their terms and conditions you still go ahead to borrow and you renege payment and you think they will take it easy with you is a joke, they are in for business to make profit not to lose. No commercial banks can borrow you 100k, without collateral, when they borrow you, they don't ask for collateral and they give it to you with hope you pay when due, but you collect and refuse to pay.
pray that what led to his death doesn't visit you. No man is to big or too small, too smart or too principled to be tested by the universe.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by gbaskiboy: 8:52pm On Oct 21, 2022
harmargedon:
pray that what led to his death doesn't visit you. [b]No man is to big or too small, too smart or too principled to be tested by the universe[\b]
As you see me so, I don't go beyond my power, Sapa dey blow me but I still dey maintain myself

4 Likes

Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by LOVEGINO(m): 11:01pm On Oct 21, 2022
gbaskiboy:
FG don pay their own loan?

3 Likes

Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by LOVEGINO(m): 11:02pm On Oct 21, 2022
Rexymania:
If I tell you how much I dey owe, you go dey weep for grave. I'm owing 100+ since two years ago. Dem no dey even call again lol
all hail d comrade.

1 Like

Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by abokikhalifa: 11:28pm On Oct 21, 2022
Na to go borrow 10 million then i run to Togo to starty family be that na.
Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by thesicilian: 11:37pm On Oct 21, 2022
He killed himself because of the loan he took and could not pay back. Now you're asking for the loan company to be banned. You and your dead friend are both apples from the same poisonous tree.

2 Likes

Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by arthurwillia(m): 12:11am On Oct 22, 2022
11thGoldTREE:
It's been a while I last heard about him only to meet one of our friends after jumat today.
He told me a loan company Easy Buy threatened him with all sort of messages. And to his contact.
He mentioned how the guy kept borrowing from one loan company to offset another loan company.

When he was fraustrated about life and confide in few people. He committed suicide

I think this is the time to stop all these Chinese loan companies. Let's be honest with ourselves Nigerians are being held by the throat by these loan companies. When they didn't exist, there was no rampant suicide rate in Nigeria.

These same companies are all owned by the same people. XCROSS, Jumia app, Easy-buy, Palm Credit, Palm Pay .
Some are even pre-install apps on on all these android phones and synchronize people's data automatically.

The Federal Government and NCC should please look into this.
These Chinese people with their phones should not be able to take peoples data willfully even apart from their loan app should not blackmail Nigerians and giving them loans they might be able to afford to pay back.

You just Dey type lubbish
If you no fit pay back loan why take the loan?
Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by Kobicove(m): 12:56am On Oct 22, 2022
harmargedon:
pray that what led to his death doesn't visit you. No man is to big or too small, too smart or too principled to be tested by the universe.

My friend keep quiet, any small thing you people will bring nonsense sentiments into it.

If you borrow you make sure you pay back. If you do not have the means to pay back then do not borrow. Simple!

Anytime I remember my money that is tied up with bastards that I loaned money I just get angry! angry

3 Likes

Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by Nobody: 4:21am On Oct 22, 2022
sad

I have felt worse than these in 3months. I always feel like some kind of walls are closing in on me. I have been through so much and yes I have contemplated suicide a few times. Sometimes I get drowned in my thoughts. It's hard struggling to survive or stay afloat in this terrain.

I feel like I'm dying Installmentally.

2 Likes

Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by AroOkigbo(m): 5:17am On Oct 22, 2022
Rexymania:
And you are happy? That's someone's money, please make plans to pay up.
Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by AroOkigbo(m): 5:19am On Oct 22, 2022
abokikhalifa:
Na to go borrow 10 million then i run to Togo to starty family be that na.
You see why it's becoming more and more difficult to secure a loan.
How happy will you be after running away with someone's money?
Sad!

2 Likes

Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by tishbite41(m): 6:10am On Oct 22, 2022
Abeg, na how una dey take collect loan sef?!
Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by Thomthom(m): 6:18am On Oct 22, 2022
I think FG should sensitive this Nigerians to take loan they can pay.. Nigerians just see money they jump and collect even when they know they can't pay, which kind mentality be this.

1 Like

Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by shagasha: 6:39am On Oct 22, 2022
You can stop them from encroaching your data. Simply turn of the permission in the settings and they will never have access to your contacts

2 Likes

Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by ibechris(m): 6:40am On Oct 22, 2022
AfahaAbia:

Disciplined is the watch ⌚ word here.
Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by Rexymania(m): 6:52am On Oct 22, 2022
Tell your manager that I'm not paying

AroOkigbo:

And you are happy? That's someone's money, please make plans to pay up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by Microwhy: 7:12am On Oct 22, 2022
I was surprised when an agent of one of those loan companies called me.
She said "you're yet to download the app" and truly , the previous day I received a random text message of a loan company advertising there products which I never bother myself about.
I was furious and at the same time surprised.
There's no doubt, they're advance tech companies who can track our devices through the back door. They run a bug with those unsolicited text messages without people knowing.
I shouted at her that which app, she said the loan app.
I ask again that how did they know that I'm yet to download the app.
She was quiet, then I warned her not to call my phone again.
I did not Google search about loan company or interested in any loan so why should they track phones through unsolicited text messages.
Even though they have the technology, they don't have the right to track people's phone. Its illegal and very dangerous.

5 Likes

Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by harmargedon: 7:14am On Oct 22, 2022
gbaskiboy:
As you see me so, I don't go beyond my power, Sapa dey blow me but I still dey maintain myself
yes, but also understand that people's tolerance to things are different. Not everyone can withstand depression, same reason why most people ask why people kill themselves.
Re: A Man Has Killed Himself Because Of Loan Company by harmargedon: 7:16am On Oct 22, 2022
Kobicove:

My friend keep quiet, any small thing you people will bring nonsense sentiments into it.

If you borrow you make sure you pay back. If you do not have the means to pay back then don not borrow. Simple!

Anytime I remember my money that is tied up with bastards that I loaned money I just get angry! angry

There are two kinds of deptors in this world, the one's who don't like to pay their depts and the one's who wants too, but can't source out funds to do so. Find out what category those deptors fall into.

(1) (2) (Reply)

This Cultist Have Been Crying Since 6 Months PHOTOS / Bomblast In Okene, Kogi State: Three Banks Robbed. / Kidnappers Molested Nkiru Sylvanus And Threatened To Impregnate Her

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.