Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,390 members, 7,815,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:03 PM

Share Your Secondary School Experience In The 90’s - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Share Your Secondary School Experience In The 90’s (1151 Views)

Share Your Secondary School Experience With Bullies / Did You Do This In Your Secondary School Days? / My Medical School Experience- The Fighting Spirit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Secondary School Experience In The 90’s by MARSONE: 8:37pm On Oct 21, 2022
When I got to Air Force Base Makurdi in August 1998, I was just about to start my secondary school education so my dad was searching for schools for me. I used to see some young boys and girls on pink top � and green shorts � or skirts as school uniform daily and they looked really atttactive and bright from afar so out of curiosity, I asked someone what school had that combo of uniform and the mad boy told me it is a university. I say ah! “Them Dey wear uniform for university again”?

Remember: “all that glitters is not gold”

Little did I know I was gonna be attending the school nicknamed as zobo for the next 3 years with people’s parents as my class mates. �. It’s already 24 years now.

School wey nobody dey ever pass WAEC and NECO. Na so so F9 them Dey get.

Na so so farming we Dey do more than class room learning and the teachers will go home with the produces and give us marks.

Na God save me as I comot for JSS3�

����

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience In The 90’s by Abratech(m): 8:40pm On Oct 21, 2022
angry grin

I was Not in the 90 maybe the next person was in school then.

Next

Person.

Wait check my signature before.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience In The 90’s by MARSONE: 8:41pm On Oct 21, 2022
Abratech:
angry grin

I was Not in the 90 maybe the next person was in school then.

Next

Person.

Wait check my signature before.

Still share your experiences make we all laugh �
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience In The 90’s by Lastpharoah33: 9:14pm On Oct 21, 2022
MARSONE:
When I got to Air Force Base Makurdi in August 1998, I was just about to start my secondary school education so my dad was searching for schools for me. I used to see some young boys and girls on pink top � and green shorts � or skirts as school uniform daily and they looked really atttactive and bright from afar so out of curiosity, I asked someone what school had that combo of uniform and the mad boy told me it is a university. I say ah! “Them Dey wear uniform for university again”?

Remember: “all that glitters is not gold”

Little did I know I was gonna be attending the school nicknamed as zobo for the next 3 years with people’s parents as my class mates. �. It’s already 24 years now.

School wey nobody dey ever pass WAEC and NECO. Na so so F9 them Dey get.

Na so so farming we Dey do more than class room learning and the teachers will go home with the produces and give us marks.

Na God save me as I comot for JSS3�

����

Wait what?
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience In The 90’s by HarlequinLekex: 9:15pm On Oct 21, 2022
Make i just read as usual
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience In The 90’s by MARSONE: 9:19pm On Oct 21, 2022
Lastpharoah33:

Wait what?

Yes ooo. I Dey tell you my brother. The school ehn. Ask anyone that might know someone in that area around that time in question.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience In The 90’s by MARSONE: 9:20pm On Oct 21, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
Make i just read as usual

You no get experience to share?
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience In The 90’s by Olachase(m): 9:40pm On Oct 21, 2022
2001 I was in pry 1, I attended NAFRC Oshodi the school is a government school, 2002 my mom and dad agree to change me to private school, since then I have miss alot of my friends till now we haven't cross paths
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience In The 90’s by MARSONE: 9:54pm On Oct 21, 2022
Olachase:
M

Is it for eba, for garri or amala?
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience In The 90’s by vastolord4(m): 10:41pm On Oct 21, 2022
Total fun.. was bullied then learned to bully, beat the drum meaning I was among the big boys then, was a good distraction in class but had always been among the top 5. Been on the noise maker list with *2 behind my name. Loved by teachers but dreadfully hated by one aunty simia(hope I murdered her name). Had a crush but she didn't notice na dirty girls been de rush me and ayeni then. Escaping time was the language myself and ayeni used when Yoruba teacher came to the class (window tinz) .. all these happened in 95. Miss ayeni like mad and still don't know how to search for him

2 Likes

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience In The 90’s by MARSONE: 11:03pm On Oct 21, 2022
vastolord4:
Total fun.. was bullied then learned to bully, beat the drum meaning I was among the big boys then, was a good distraction in class but had always been among the top 5. Been on the noise maker list with *2 behind my name. Loved by teachers but dreadfully hated by one aunty simia(hope I murdered her name). Had a crush but she didn't notice na dirty girls been de rush me and ayeni then. Escaping time was the language myself and ayeni used when Yoruba teacher came to the class (window tinz) .. all these happened in 95. Miss ayeni like mad and still don't know how to search for him

I can imagine the sweet memories. I didn’t enjoy my jss days as I was the smallest in my class so was bullied to the max. There came a day that I had to fight back instead of going home as a defeated lad.

This seemingly strong and older guy humiliated me infront of the whole school and I was embarrassed so I thought to myself if I should go home to tell my dad or fight back. I made up my mind and fought back by going to punch the guy in the face in front of the whole school and we wrestled with me beating him like David did Goliath. His clique of friends also felt the defeat and they started witch hunting me daily. I had to bolden up and stand up for me.

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience In The 90’s by MARSONE: 11:04pm On Oct 21, 2022
Olachase:
2001 I was in pry 1, I attended NAFRC Oshodi the school is a government school, 2002 my mom and dad agree to change me to private school, since then I have miss alot of my friends till now we haven't cross paths

You na new generation oo. Still a while ago man. You suppose don marry oo ��
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience In The 90’s by Olachase(m): 11:39pm On Oct 21, 2022
MARSONE:

You na new generation oo. Still a while ago man. You suppose don marry oo ��
marry, I will when I clock 32 or 33
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience In The 90’s by MARSONE: 11:47pm On Oct 21, 2022
Olachase:
marry, I will when I clock 32 or 33

Nothing do you bro. Enjoy your life nothing too dey inside marriage sha trust me.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience In The 90’s by Emeka71(m): 9:28am On Oct 22, 2022
I attended Oshodi Comprehensive High School in 1996 and that happened to be after my nursery/primary education at Bessie International School (at Mafoluku-Oshodi); then I remembered that the standard of education is so high because everybody wants to show that they can study but though when I was in JSS-1 I was so playful we used to go to school to fight everyday; I played to the extent that I didn't study well and so the result is that I failed and then when I was in JSS-2 we used to go to school to play soccer everyday and when I was in JSS 3; I did my Junior certificate examination when France 98 was going on and I took both my studies and world-cup serious and when I get to SS 1; I struggled a bit in SS2 as well and even had to repeat SS-2 due to an issue then now dawned on me that I shall face WAEC soon and so I seriously improved on my study I even became a punctuality prefect and by the time I got to SS-3 ; I intensified on my studies and I performed well in my WAEC examination. even when majority of the students in the school failed in that WAEC (I did my WAEC in 2002 during Japan-Korea world-cup).

3 Likes

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience In The 90’s by Mercury12(m): 11:00am On Oct 22, 2022
Secondary school in the 90s are for OGs grin
Nah primary school I dey that time cheesy

1 Like

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience In The 90’s by MARSONE: 12:13pm On Oct 22, 2022
Emeka71:
I attended Oshodi Comprehensive High School in 1996 and that happened to be after my nursery/primary education at Bessie International School (at Mafoluku-Oshodi); then I remembered that the standard of education is so high because everybody wants to show that they can study but though when I was in JSS-1 I was so playful we used to go to school to fight everyday; I played to the extent that I didn't study well and so the result is that I failed and then when I was in JSS-2 we used to go to school to play soccer everyday and when I was in JSS 3; I did my Junior certificate examination when France 98 was going on and I took both my studies and world-cup serious and when I get to SS 1; I struggled a bit in SS2 as well and even had to repeat SS-2 due to an issue then now dawned on me that I shall face WAEC soon and so I seriously improved on my study I even became a punctuality prefect and by the time I got to SS-3 ; I intensified on my studies and I performed well in my WAEC examination. even when majority of the students in the school failed in that WAEC.

I like your story. You improved very well. Mine was kinda different. My first term js1 result was very poor as I took 27th position out of like 60 people with plenty red on my result. I had that result for many months but was not courageous to show it to my dad. When he eventually asked for it, I had to show it to him and agree with my soul that all die na die. As a comrade, I braced up for impact and my dad panel beat me to a pulp. Na so I improve go carry 5th position for second term oo. I maintained that range till I left that yeye school some years later.
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience In The 90’s by MARSONE: 12:14pm On Oct 22, 2022
Mercury12:
Secondary school in the 90s are for OGs grin
Nah primary school I dey that time cheesy

Still share uncle Mercury.
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience In The 90’s by Gentlechika(m): 4:52pm On Oct 22, 2022
Never really liked school. Spent most of the time in town playing video games(ps2). How I managed to pass exams, is still a mystery. Command secondary school kaduna omo, we toured the town from romi, television, even down to sabo.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience In The 90’s by MARSONE: 5:11pm On Oct 22, 2022
Gentlechika:
Never really liked school. Spent most of the time in town playing video games(ps2). How I managed to pass exams, is still a mystery. Command secondary school kaduna omo, we toured the town from romi, television, even down to sabo.

Choi bros me.

1 Like

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience In The 90’s by Richy4(m): 6:47pm On Oct 22, 2022

My secondary school days was in the late 90's
In Abuja...The majority of the Students were living as boarding students...

It was like a culture shock for me because there were certain food that I have never set my eyes on as a kid..

I can never forget that faithful day that I arrived at that school, I declined eating afternoon meal because I did not feel like it.. when the evening came, I joined my fellow JS1 ( 'raw material' which was our degrading name as JS1) to the dinning... I saw Some blackish thing (Gabza it was called by the students) made from back of yam and a watery substance that looked like erosion water ( dry Okro soup)...

I could not believe my eyes..I left in anger...went back to the hostel, grab cornflakes mixed it with cabin biscuits and powdered milk soaked it with water... And started eating.. as I was eating I was crying because I was thinking what my elder sister and other siblings were eating...

My school those days would have been given the award for bad cooking if they ever went for a competition.. Abi Na the rice full of stones or the fried yam that tastes like paper.. Chai!!

As I was in that horrible mood, I met the guy who later became my friend Vincent was his real name... He acted matured than his age because I was expecting him to laugh at me for crying like any 11yr old would but be didn't.. he didn't say anything either but sat with me.. I asked him his name, age and state of origin, he told me.. that was what gave me courage after his response.. I was 3 months older than him and he was not crying like me or laughing at me for crying... I survived for 2 weeks before my School father surfaced...

Senior Christian was what we all call him... He was mischievous... Likes to break rules...he taught me how to survive in that school... How to buy and smuggle little kerosene stove into the hostel, buy small pot and start cooking...

We were allowed outside every 4 days because that's the day the market takes place, students were allowed to go and restock their provision... We use the opportunity to buy rice, beans, yam, tomatoes etc and cook..

The guy told me to buy iron bucket instead of plastic bucket for showering because I broke my plastic bucket within 2 weeks... if we wanna cook, we will put the stove inside the iron bucket, no one will see the flame..it will also prevent breeze from affecting the flame while cooking...He taught me how to hide the yam, stove and every incriminating things (food items) inside the ceiling during every Saturday compulsory students inspection...

We clicked Just because he heard I shared the same state and local govt with him.. dude taught me how to cook..I was the last in my family, Wetin I Sabi?.. He just took me like his kid bro.. Though I felt bad when he was flogged and suspended in front of the Assembly with his friends for smoking...I remembered how I felt when he finished his WAEC.. Chai!!! Even in my old age, when I hear someone said messiah, that guy comes to mind.... funny enough,I will never mention the name of that school even at gun point... they have reputation to protect I guess..

1 Like

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience In The 90’s by MARSONE: 8:04pm On Oct 22, 2022
Richy4:

My secondary school days was in the late 90's
In Abuja...The majority of the Students were living as boarding students...

It was like a culture shock for me because there were certain food that I have never set my eyes on as a kid..

I can never forget that faithful day that I arrived at that school, I declined eating afternoon meal because I did not feel like it.. when the evening came, I joined my fellow JS1 ( 'raw material' which was our degrading name as JS1) to the dinning... I saw Some blackish thing (Gabza it was called by the students) made from back of yam and a watery substance that looked like erosion water ( dry Okro soup)...

I could not believe my eyes..I left in anger...went back to the hostel, grab cornflakes mixed it with cabin biscuits and powdered milk soaked it with water... And started eating.. as I was eating I was crying because I was thinking what my elder sister and other siblings were eating...

My school those days would have been given the award for bad cooking if they ever went for a competition.. Abi Na the rice full of stones or the fried yam that tastes like paper.. Chai!!

As I was in that horrible mood, I met the guy who later became my friend Vincent was his real name... He acted matured than his age because I was expecting him to laugh at me for crying like any 11yr old would but be didn't.. he didn't say anything either but sat with me.. I asked him his name, age and state of origin, he told me.. that was what gave me courage after his response.. I was 3 months older than him and he was not crying like me or laughing at me for crying... I survived for 2 weeks before my School father surfaced...

Senior Christian was what we all call him... He was mischievous... Likes to break rules...he taught me how to survive in that school... How to buy and smuggle little kerosene stove into the hostel, buy small pot and start cooking...

We were allowed outside every 4 days because that's the day the market takes place, students were allowed to go and restock their provision... We use the opportunity to buy rice, beans, yam, tomatoes etc and cook..

The guy told me to buy iron bucket instead of plastic bucket for showering because I broke my plastic bucket within 2 weeks... if we wanna cook, we will put the stove inside the iron bucket, no one will see the flame..it will also prevent breeze from affecting the flame while cooking...He taught me how to hide the yam, stove and every incriminating things (food items) inside the ceiling during every Saturday compulsory students inspection...

We clicked Just because he heard I shared the same state and local govt with him.. dude taught me how to cook..I was the last in my family, Wetin I Sabi?.. He just took me like his kid bro.. Though I felt bad when he was flogged and suspended in front of the Assembly with his friends for smoking...I remembered how I felt when he finished his WAEC.. Chai!!! Even in my old age, when I hear someone said messiah, that guy comes to mind.... funny enough,I will never mention the name of that school even at gun point... they have reputation to protect I guess..

Oh men that school do you gbasgbos I won’t lie. �
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience In The 90’s by Richy4(m): 4:47am On Oct 23, 2022
MARSONE:

Oh men that school do you gbasgbos I won’t lie. �
cheesy grin
The bullying was out of this world... A senior will want someone to go and fetch him water to take a bath or go for any errand, he will just scream from his corner.." any raw material? Or RAW material!!!... Every JS1 boy without school father will just rush to go and answer to know what the senior wanted...If u have a school father he will protect you by saying he asked you to do something for him that's why the raw material didn't answer..

U know say those days, mostly, Northerners dey old before they enter school... Though the school was mixed with different cultures..
U go see seniors with hairy chest.. it was intimidating enough to obey...It was sickening smiley
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience In The 90’s by MARSONE: 5:29am On Oct 23, 2022
Richy4:

cheesy grin
The bullying was out of this world... A senior will want someone to go and fetch him water to take a bath or go for any errand, he will just scream from his corner.." any raw material? Or RAW material!!!... Every JS1 boy without school father will just rush to go and answer to know what the senior wanted...If u have a school father he will protect you by saying he asked you to do something for him that's why the raw material didn't answer..

U know say those days, mostly, Northerners dey old before they enter school... Though the school was mixed with different cultures..
U go see seniors with hairy chest.. it was intimidating enough to obey...It was sickening smiley

More like what I saw in Oron
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience In The 90’s by Gentlechika(m): 7:47am On Oct 23, 2022
MARSONE:

Choi bros me.
boss, na true na, my source of income sef is no way related to wetin ah study for sch. Buh, school nor be scam its just one of the requesit to success not what will make you successful. In buhari's word, school is just a dot in a circle.
Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience In The 90’s by MARSONE: 4:03pm On Oct 23, 2022
Gentlechika:
boss, na true na, my source of income sef is no way related to wetin ah study for sch. Buh, school nor be scam its just one of the requesit to success not what will make you successful. In buhari's word, school is just a dot in a circle.

Na school ain’t scam. Na naija as a country be scam

1 Like

Re: Share Your Secondary School Experience In The 90’s by Gentlechika(m): 7:17pm On Oct 23, 2022
MARSONE:

Na school ain’t scam. Na naija as a country be scam
sure boss

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Seun Kuti? / Boarding School Experience: Name Yours / When Is Akungba Admission List Coming Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.