Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,323 members, 7,819,105 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:23 AM

It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! (7574 Views)

Learn How To Create Amazing Websites Without Programming / Does Vogue Pay Now Accept Other Currencies? / Congtratulations Nigeria! Paypal.com Now Accept Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by syskay(m): 7:15pm On Aug 21, 2007
This has been made possible by First Inland Bank. It is called “Interbank Transfer” Service.

This is how it works:

You sign-up for a flash me cash account on their website. It is an account that works with your phone number, it automatically assigns your phone number as your bank account number. This process take less than 5 minutes.

You can now refer your customers that want to pay you with interswitch to the “Interbank Transfer” website giving them details of your Flash Me Cash Account (Phone Number and Account Name). The customer is them forwarded to the secure payment platform of Interswitch to complete the payment transaction. The Customer's Interswitch Card will be debited while your Flash Me Cash account will be credited. Immediately your Flash Me Cash is credited, you will receive an sms notification. The customer is only charged the normal 1.5% fee for the transaction. You can withdraw your money from any First Inland Bank Branch, but you will have to tender proper Identification.

You can visit their site for more info:

www.firstinlandbankplc.net/

Webmasters, what do you guys think about this development??
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by my2cents(m): 7:54pm On Aug 21, 2007
It is the dawn of even greater things to come. As many of you might remember, many posts ago, I posed this question, "why do many pple think online payment is difficult when as far back as 2002, one could buy phone credits via their phone (which got automatically debited from their bank account)? Y not borrow from the same technology?"

I am happy to read about this. The next step is for the Nigerian user to have full faith in this product and before you know it, it will spread like wild fire. I for one, will take advantage of it, if I qualify wink
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by dearone: 8:14pm On Aug 21, 2007
Praise God, Finally, I am rushing to Firstinland bank tomorrow, this is more than a relieve, I definitely will be one of the first to use this for my website cos a lot have been hanging due to this online payment thing. Please interswitch leave this Firstinland bank to help me achieve this big success.

Paying 150k for interswicth webpay was not a good bargain for me so now its game on!!!!!!!!!! For real watchout for a series of web products.

Thank you firstinland bank.

I would asked them how I can place the flash me logo on my website and the link will now point to their website for final transaction.

Thnak you so much Syskay.

Lets do it!!!!!! guys
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by boraddo(m): 8:35pm On Aug 21, 2007
meehn thats great news o! because before now it costs 150,000naira to get an interswitch merchant account, the only question is how much will first inland collect per transaction because interswitch collects 1.5% of every transaction,

prodgalson:

But I have a question: it may be a naive question because I'm not aware of the ecommerce infrastructure at home:
What about people that want to make payments online and don't have interswitch?
Or is interswitch very common, and easy to acquire? I'm wondering how we can empower EVERYONE to make and take online payments.

i read sometimes in april that interswitch has 4million card holders, and its free to get in most banks, some banks (UBA, et al) have started charging customers that make small withdrawals over the counter (just to promote the card technology)

as far as im concerned. interswitch is a monopoly , though etranzact just has a little of the market share .Any webmerchant that targets interswitch card holders has more than enough,
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by boraddo(m): 9:01pm On Aug 21, 2007
i've gone through it, i think its for money transfer (more like western union) and not really targetted to web merchants, though web merchants can still take advantage,
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by topetope(m): 10:21pm On Aug 21, 2007
Its good news for web developers.
I personally have clients that are hungry for this stuff but the sound of 150k is like a demon.
they run.

lets see how it works ssha.
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by gbolio4(m): 1:21am On Aug 22, 2007
Just hope there's no hidden catch to the thing sha

[size=5pt]
This is 9aija[/size]
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by xanadu: 2:15am On Aug 22, 2007
very interesting and, I must say, timely concept. Thanks, siskay, for throwing light on this.

As usual one needs to find out as much as possible about this, before committing to it. I found this on the web, and thought I'd share it: http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=336342
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by Nobody: 4:57am On Aug 22, 2007
this is absolutely fatanstic
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by mazia(m): 5:03am On Aug 22, 2007
Great Posting Xanadu,
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by bonjee: 9:28am On Aug 22, 2007
yea
and anyone who been having issues with clubfreedon can visit
antonioshares.com
thev have cheap shares 900-1500 and pay a % of the 6k dolls
people are gettin paid
plus it's pretty transparent too
best of luck guys
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by tellmemore(m): 9:35am On Aug 22, 2007
This is SUPER ! At long last.
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by lagoshost(m): 9:45am On Aug 22, 2007
Dear All,

We need to go for a thanks giving service for this. What do you think?

Chibueze cheesy
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by Roadblock: 10:06am On Aug 22, 2007
sounds good
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by Coleslove: 12:37pm On Aug 22, 2007
Another meal ticket for Yahooligans/Yahoo guys. cool cool cool Opps!!! i mean Webmasters. Wish you luck
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by abasiedi(m): 1:15pm On Aug 22, 2007
This is grand! Lets go for it guys.

Finally, tech is home!

hip hip hip
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by pixiraver(m): 1:27pm On Aug 22, 2007
The solution is ok but its like if u use this particular solution for ur website u will be the third party adding a charge on whatever transaction i.e interswitch removes 1.5%, first Inland bank deducts their own commission and yourself,this will make the whole thing expensive.

Interswitch is filled with a bunch of pricks, it is owned by various banks,they shouldnt be collecting 150,000 for the stupid merchant fee, can they borrow a leaf from Paypal?
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by skima(m): 6:01pm On Aug 22, 2007
This is amazing. its high time interswitch itself trashed signup fees. Its ridiculously high. Thumbs up for firstinland.
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by my2cents(m): 6:32pm On Aug 22, 2007
It's all about competition bro. Unless Nigeria still follows the "we don't conform to any natural laws" mantra, it is only a matter of time before prices come down even more. Do you all remember how it was when there was just econet? Again, it is only a matter of time.
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by Ralvy(m): 6:50pm On Aug 22, 2007
THIS IS AMAZING grin grin grin grin grin
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by niyyie(m): 7:53am On Aug 23, 2007
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:00am On Aug 23, 2007
well good but i just hope to see when it becomes practically free like paypal. Also a friend wants to start an online store although this seems like good news to him, but his question is how profitable is this ? has anyone in Nigeria been successful ? thanks
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by tundewoods(m): 11:18am On Aug 23, 2007
My fellow Nairaland folks,

Why all the rejoicing about the flash me cash option,It is not an online payment system suitable for online merchants.Its simply a money transfer similar to anyon that all the other banks.

I guess you guys should patiently do an analysis or review of the so called firstinland payment system. If truly this payment is aimed at web merchants then First Inland should make flash me cash seamlessly possible to integrate into our other banks apart from First Inland.
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by niceuzor: 11:39am On Aug 23, 2007
adewaleafolabi - sorry to cut you off

you made mention of paypal?

Do u have One?how can i have a paypal account?

pls help me out man?
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by avsnet: 12:01pm On Aug 23, 2007
Web Payment via Flash me Cash is real and it is working, I have been testing and tweaking it on my website (hidden for now until launch date of my product) and it rocks.

Here is how it works;

1. Open a flash me account with your mobile phone number using your expected web business name or web author name.
2. Give detailed direction to your customers as to how to use the payment processor (FIB) on your page/site.
3. Link to FIB payment page from your site.
4. The moment your customer enters your given mobile number on the payment page, the next page shows a confirmation page detailing transaction details such as Mobile number Entered, The name of the Web merchant, and the NGN1.5 per NGN100 transactions commision.

5. Once ok with buyer, buyer will click ok, and will be redirected to interswitch gateway where details of the buyers debit card will be entered.

6. The moment payment sails through, you will receive an sms on your mobile phone (the one used as the FIB flash me cash account) as to the details of the payment - ie how much is paid, from which mobile or card account it is paid etc.

7. Then you can send product to buyer and confirm payment all within 24 hours.

Simple. Your hour of making money from your online activities have come. Grab it, and don't misuse it. Peace and love.
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by niceuzor: 12:09pm On Aug 23, 2007
Good!!!

Wat abt paypal account?

can u help me with that?
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by syskay(m): 1:30pm On Aug 23, 2007
@ Tundewoods,

Nobody called this option the panacea for online payments in Nigeria, however, the gains derived from this new innitiative should not be waved aside. In fact, this solution is a boost not just to website owners, but to Nigerians that desire to send money in a stress-free manner. Nigerians can now send money to anyone in the country without having to leave the comfort of their homes, because Interswitch withdraws directly from one’s bank account.

This option comes as a huge relief particularly to many Nigerians that aspire to collect payments online without having to instruct the customer to queue up for hours in the bank to do that. This option is ideal for people who do not have the N150,000 fee to pay Interswitch to have it’s webpay solution installed on their website. The seamless integration thing that you talked about will have to come at a price that most folks cannot afford.

Now Nigerian web merchants can sell products online, 24 hour a day, 7 days a week without any drawback. This is so cool, when one also considers the fact that COT is not charged on Flash me cash accounts.

Contrary to your pessimistic view, I think this modest development is worth celebrating.
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by otoidea(m): 4:26pm On Aug 23, 2007
duznt look professional havin a 4th party payment system on ur website, ud rather do interswitch

xcept ure not particular about giving a "professional" impression to ur customers, then ride on with flashmecash
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by ATTAHDYE(m): 8:16pm On Aug 23, 2007
Prodgalson.
e-commerce is onthe increase as most institutions(schools and govt. agencies are signing up by the dozens).
interswitch is the major link and has near monopoly ATM/Card services and therefore is common back here
for empowering, well more usage and exposure will lead to all that, like the flash me cash-interbank tranfer has been on for over 2 month now
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by ATTAHDYE(m): 8:17pm On Aug 23, 2007
gbolioo4,
''Just hope there's no hidden catch to the thing sha'

No hidden can assure you 100%
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by ATTAHDYE(m): 8:29pm On Aug 23, 2007
Tundewood,
it can double as both an online payment opyion and money tranfer. It is the only option that makes interbank/ third party payment simple, the beneficiary of the payment need not have any prior relationship with FIB, ONCE he has a GSM number he canbe credited and he can go and cash the money over the counter at any FIB Branch.
it will also be very useful for web marchants as you don't need to go online or goto the bank/ATM as those who patronis your products credit your account as you get an instant notification on you mobile phone. And you in turn can pay your supplies/employee from your phone(flash cash), the time save for this can be used for something profitable.
This product ie Flash Me Cash is convienence per excelence.
if you try , you will surely be HOOKED to it.
Re: It’s Amazing, Websites Can Now Accept Interswitch Payments Free! by ATTAHDYE(m): 8:31pm On Aug 23, 2007
Prodgalson.
  e-commerce is onthe increase as most institutions(schools and govt. agencies are signing up by the dozens).
  interswitch is the major link and has near monopoly ATM/Card services and therefore is common back here
   for empowering, well more usage and exposure will lead to all that, like the flash me cash-interbank tranfer has been on for over 2 month now

(1) (2) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why Many Bloggers Choosed Blogger Over Wordpress / Bloggers, What Day Of The Month Do You Get Yout Google Adsense Earnings? / How To Contact Google

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.