Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,436 members, 7,830,197 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Your Ultimate Power As A Parent. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Your Ultimate Power As A Parent. (273 Views)

Is It Right To Have A Favourite Child As A Parent? / Did You Have This Kind Of Parent As A Kid? How Did You Survive? / My Parent Wants Me To Move Back Home At 30. Please Advise (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Your Ultimate Power As A Parent. by Familyplug(f): 6:42am On Oct 22, 2022
Your Ultimate Power As a parent is your ability to stay calm.
Calmness is not giving in, is not accommodating your child misbehavior and is not being permissive.
It is being in control of your own emotions confident in your decision and in charge in charge of the situation.
Punishment is not power. It is typically the result of feeling frustrated and overwhelmed. Maybe it's just what you're most familiar with or you don't know how to control your emotions at the moment, you then give into punishment...
For e.g if 6 years your child picked what does not belong to him or her your first instinct as a parent is to punish the child severely so that he or she will not try such again... But ask your self does it really work in the long run. What punishment does is to create fear and immediate, short lived obedience in kids... But if you ask your child calmly why he or she had to pick what's not his. You'll get to know the root cause of the problem and see how you can help your child... Every child that misbehave needs your help more than punishment...
I'll continue from here in our next post.
I know it's not easy to stay calm. But also it's possible.
©️ Family plug.
Re: Your Ultimate Power As A Parent. by Oizee(f): 7:16pm On Oct 22, 2022
Nice piece

1 Like

Re: Your Ultimate Power As A Parent. by Familyplug(f): 9:10am On Oct 24, 2022
Thank you... Hope it's helpful.

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know You Can Relocate To Canada With Your Family Easily And Almost Free / Nigerians Are Making It Abroad O. See This Nigerian Girl Just Bought A TESLA� / House Clearance Sales!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.