Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,832 members, 7,820,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? (10160 Views)

Female Pastor: Eating Draw Soup Makes You Accessible For Kingdom Of Darkness / Kanye West 'Jesus Is King' Is Packed With Bible Verses & Praises To God / TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by onyenna85000: 2:41pm On Oct 23, 2022
For me it's deep intense prayer always.
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Duru009(m): 2:42pm On Oct 23, 2022
Deep worship and Prayers.....

Theophilus Sunday is my favorite worshipper
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by AlfaSeltzer(m): 2:50pm On Oct 23, 2022
Ravenna:

Then, your Father is disappointed to bred a son like you.

That's his problem.
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Mamijoh(f): 2:55pm On Oct 23, 2022
For me is "Praise and Worship"
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Mrnuelzz: 2:56pm On Oct 23, 2022
OH u think I will come and start arguing with you��

OH no bro..I don't have that time anymore.. I no send anybody now. Heavenly race is on individual basis. No be me and u go chop Ur gbege��

Enjoy your stupidity kid

Barims:

Who's this nuisance?
I dare you to prove your God, besides I didn't say there aren't God but he just fvcking stupid

1 Like

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Michelle70(m): 2:59pm On Oct 23, 2022
Clementoons:
The Almighty GOD is very much alive and always alive forever. He is the ALPHA and OMEGA Eledumare is the yoruba language/name of calling the most high GOD. GOD is one there is no like HIM
Sorry, never knew its the name of God.

i thought its just one Yoruba deity.

Sorry if my earlier comment was provocative
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Michelle70(m): 2:59pm On Oct 23, 2022
swot200:

Yes bro and he will ever be a living God also he has been keeping you alive for without his protection on your life then you are a dead man
Oops, didnt know thats what u call God, thought Olodumare is a deity

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by wale2020: 3:08pm On Oct 23, 2022
Unfortunately, u cant be closer to God. He is the immortality that dwells in an unapproachable light[i][/i]. Rather, God has come to you. He lives in you. Statements like i have to do something to be closer to God is a statement of Unbelief or Lack of Knowledge. He live in you Brothers and Sister. 'I will never leave you comfortless, I will come to you.'

1 Like

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by jamilnitrate(m): 3:14pm On Oct 23, 2022
Praises jinger baba God to act.

I love praises.

Don't disturb him every time with prayers he already knows your need.

Just be thankful to him and keep praising Him.
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Realfrankie(m): 3:18pm On Oct 23, 2022
Michelle70:
As for me, its praises

Praying makes me feel closer too but not as much as praises does

You were not asked to explain just choose 1 brethren

1 Like

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Exmilitant(m): 3:18pm On Oct 23, 2022
Sirchiboy:
Sir I am not asking you for money but a job to keep body and soul together.
Please help me
what can you do and are you in PH?
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Michelle70(m): 3:20pm On Oct 23, 2022
Realfrankie:

You were not asked to explain just choose 1 brethren
Are u aware i am the owner of the thread?

i chose the rules of this thread and not u, the 137th commenter
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Sirchiboy: 3:22pm On Oct 23, 2022
Exmilitant:
what can you do and are you in PH?
I was in PH but left because of accommodation issues.
I have HND in computer science.
Now in Delta
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by adecares(f): 3:29pm On Oct 23, 2022
Worship
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by BCJAY(f): 3:58pm On Oct 23, 2022
Barims:

Both when I was religious, but I stopped when I found out that God is very useless

MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOU

I like praise alot it lifts my spirit
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Beatswim: 4:00pm On Oct 23, 2022
Barims:

Both when I was religious, but I stopped when I found out that God is very useless
apostasy
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by TheGift: 4:18pm On Oct 23, 2022
Righthussle:
When I was a Christain, I loved praises more than prayer. Prayer never made sense to me. How will your caring and loving God who knows all your needs wait for you to ask before you get them .

This is due to common but fundamental errors with our views on prayers.

1. WE THINK PRAYER IS JUST about asking: Prayers is not only about asking I.e prayer of supplication). There is also the prayer of praise , confession (Psalm 32:5 ) intercession (Colossians 1: 9-12) and very importantly silent meditation is a form (Psalm 63:6)

2. We think prayer is about saying many words:
"And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words." Matthew 6:7

3. We don't realize that the true prayer of faith comes from knowing that God already knows our needs. ( Remember the prayer of thanksgiving? )

Matthew 6:8 days "Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him."

4. We don't know that silence can also be prayer . Ecclesiastes 5:1 : "
Guard your steps when you go to the house of God. Go near to listen rather than to offer the sacrifice of fools, who do not know that they do wrong." Psalm 63:6 : “On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night”

5: If we must ask, the ultimate request we can make to God, according to the Biblical word, is "thy will be done". See Matthew 6:9-13 a.k.a The Lord's Prayer ��
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Ygc1: 4:34pm On Oct 23, 2022
Any
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Abbafrye(m): 4:37pm On Oct 23, 2022
Simply Worship
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Kaymansion(m): 4:40pm On Oct 23, 2022
Both
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Barims(m): 4:58pm On Oct 23, 2022
kareemkamil:

I pray God should push u to & try this in Kano or Sokoto

Nothing will happen!!!
I know Muslims are stupid people they can't stand it when someone talk against their very weak idiotic God who can't defend itself but rely on morons like you to defend him!!!! Silly if I were in your state, nothing will stop me from saying whatever I got to say.... And if you come after me, I'll make sure I killed 5-6 of you idiotic morons before you set me on fire.

Out of all religion I detest Islam, infact when I was still a stupid person, I used to be a Muslim and my name was Ibrahim. But I had to leave this religion of psychopaths (Islam) to avoid being seen as maniac in the society, when I see all the atrocities being performed by you moronsssss angry angry

I dared you to prove your Allah!! If it exist prove it now angry angry you brainwashed uneducated idiot
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Ayobami0411: 4:59pm On Oct 23, 2022
All (Praise, Worship, Prayer) is different form of prayer to me because you are communicating with God.
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Cti28(m): 5:27pm On Oct 23, 2022
Exmilitant:
easy bro, you could be excused for not believing in God but, outrightly insulting the most high is going beyond the beyond.

There is a supreme God who cares!!!

He could go on insulting God for the remainder of his life , but it can't change the character of God. His tantrums does not change God neither does it belittle Him
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Ofiadiegwu: 5:47pm On Oct 23, 2022
Michelle70:
As for me, its praises

Praying makes me feel closer too but not as much as praises does

Worship song it is.

Worship it is!
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by judedwriter(m): 5:52pm On Oct 23, 2022
After reading my Bible for hours, I feel God's presence so strongly.

Worship also draws me close to God.
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by realhovaps(m): 6:56pm On Oct 23, 2022
All bro. Plus
Reading, seeking and understanding the word of God and practicing it man.. Is so powerful for me, just the word even in your mind once you believe and understand it even without speaking. You Start to see God's miraclelous wonders.
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Clementoons: 6:57pm On Oct 23, 2022
Michelle70:
Sorry, never knew its the name of God.

i thought its just one Yoruba deity.

don't worry about that, we learn new things everyday in life and also in the household of faith.
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Exmilitant(m): 7:14pm On Oct 23, 2022
Sirchiboy:
I was in PH but left because of accommodation issues.
I have HND in computer science.
Now in Delta
I will reach you later.
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Sirchiboy: 7:36pm On Oct 23, 2022
Exmilitant:
I will reach you later.
Thank you sir
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by ukeeddy(m): 9:01pm On Oct 23, 2022
May God forgive you. If not you will sleep and not wake up in the morning. Maybe that's when you will realize there is a supreme God. Who sent his son Jesus Christ to save us.
Barims:

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by dinomcjohn: 10:28pm On Oct 23, 2022
Praise by far. In fact praise abd worship. Praise is far more powerful than prayer. When we praise God, His blessings come down upon us
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Offpointng: 10:29pm On Oct 23, 2022
zimdante:

Mention me if you are still alive 1st January 2023 and i will believe you.

He will still alive cuz God doesn't work in such manner. he'd not kill him for calling him foolish or useless like Buhari would have done. God's way is not our way neither is his thought

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pastor David Ibiyeomie / Christians, Is Paedophilia And "Underage" Marriage Right Or Wrong? / Before The Advent Of Sin, Did Adam And Eve Know How To Procreate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.