Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,253 members, 7,815,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? (10119 Views)

Female Pastor: Eating Draw Soup Makes You Accessible For Kingdom Of Darkness / Kanye West 'Jesus Is King' Is Packed With Bible Verses & Praises To God / TB Joshua Speaks On Tithing As Daddy Freeze Praises Him (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by jebbi: 12:57pm On Oct 23, 2022
Worship
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by PrimadonnaO(f): 1:11pm On Oct 23, 2022
Worship.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by mu2sa2: 1:11pm On Oct 23, 2022
Michelle70:
they dont.

Praying is like talking to God, Praise is boldly declaring while worship is bowing in his presence
So what's the difference? The guy is right. When you're worshipping God or bowing to God, are you not talking to God?
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Glocee(f): 1:13pm On Oct 23, 2022
Worship
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by drfasam(m): 1:16pm On Oct 23, 2022
Praises
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by elated177: 1:18pm On Oct 23, 2022
Which God are you talking about? Idol worshippers do all those things, too.

As long as my own God is concerned, there is no difference among what you listed.

Worship encapsulates and encompasses them all.

Worship --- obedience, prayer, praises, etc.

Songs are prayers, too.

The highest form of worship is obedience. Obedience is better than prayer, praises, etc.

1 Like

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by MrSquint: 1:20pm On Oct 23, 2022
Worship
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by elated177: 1:23pm On Oct 23, 2022
GRACEGLORY:
In Psalm 100:4
we are told to “enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise.”

Psalm 22:3 says: “But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel (His People).

Praise, provokes GOD’s manifest presence to you.

Today, there is no where that a saint of the Most High needs to go to in order to experience his presence. The saint is the temple of the Most High.
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by elated177: 1:24pm On Oct 23, 2022
RichAbujaGuy:
Word semantics, all three basically mean the same thing. wink

True.
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by elated177: 1:25pm On Oct 23, 2022
Honchoslim16:

Y'all need to be specific!
Which of the God?

A very good question. Michelle70, which God?
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by elated177: 1:27pm On Oct 23, 2022
Michelle70:
they dont.

Praying is like talking to God, Praise is boldly declaring while worship is bowing in his presence

Funny.

You are under the assumption that people worship the same supernatural entity.
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by elated177: 1:30pm On Oct 23, 2022
RichAbujaGuy:

LOLZ, thanks for making my point. grin

Lol!
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Chetas81(m): 1:30pm On Oct 23, 2022
THE SCAM AND THE SCAMMERS
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by kareemkamil(m): 1:34pm On Oct 23, 2022
Barims:

Both when I was religious, but I stopped when I found out that God is very useless

I pray God should push u to & try this in Kano or Sokoto
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by elated177: 1:35pm On Oct 23, 2022
Shadysen:
i dont know how to pray but i know how to sing praises very well. hope am saved?

So long as you are living in obedience to the instructions of your God, singing is also praying. Songs are prayers, too.

1 Like

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Starz825(m): 1:36pm On Oct 23, 2022
Michelle70:
they dont.

You see...
Your definition of Prayer is Apt...that's exactly what prayer means... talking to the Lord

Now worship and praise is same or can be done simultaneously (even considering your definition)...
While you bow in worship to God, you declare him, you confess him to be the I AM THAT I AM, THE ONE WHO LIVETH FOREVER AND EVER....it means you are praising HIM

That's how the 24 elders honor the Lord:
While they bow in worship towards God removing their crowns, check out what they say in praise to him:
THOU art worthy, O LORD
To receive GLORY, HONOR AND POWER
for THOU art created all things
All things are made for THY PLEASURE

However, praising God is an act of worship to God.
worshipping GOD is equally an act of PRAISE to God...
They are twin.

Meanwhile,
Don't mind those who think they hate HIM now....they will serve HIM even more than we do if they get to know HIM.
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by BluntCrazeMan: 1:37pm On Oct 23, 2022
Feel??
Like,, Feelings.??

Or Do you mean, “Being” Closer to God.??
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by hibeebeeking: 1:40pm On Oct 23, 2022
Sometimes silence is golden.Only God can judge you. For me, this phase of your life will pass away and you will shout Hallelujah one day.
Barims:

Both when I was religious, but I stopped when I found out that God is very useless

1 Like

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Onyi90(m): 1:43pm On Oct 23, 2022
The three are inseparable just like God the Father Son and HolyGhost. wink Happy Sunday from the � � Middle belt.
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Johnsown1(m): 1:54pm On Oct 23, 2022
Worship and nice praises
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Etimemy: 1:54pm On Oct 23, 2022
Barims:

Please Holy Spirit save this soul

1 Like

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by sixtus239: 1:54pm On Oct 23, 2022
To God be thy glory
I will always remain praiseful
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by nedekid: 2:05pm On Oct 23, 2022
Me sha, one I enter church, na sleeping tablet. Give me 5min and I must sleep.
If you like hold my eyes open with your fingers, I go still sleep with eye open grin
I don siddon from front seat sleep sotay I nearly fall from chair for front of pastor.

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by OdefaGirl(f): 2:08pm On Oct 23, 2022
Worship makes me feel like.... Having personal encounter with Him... like understanding Him through the worship
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Oct 23, 2022
BigDawsNet:

Fasting is so Underrated...

It really works for me when I need something so fast...

I fancy fasting gan oh
It really is. It really does.

1 Like

Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Demzlent(m): 2:12pm On Oct 23, 2022
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by MaverickA3: 2:17pm On Oct 23, 2022
Prayer!
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Elly1(m): 2:18pm On Oct 23, 2022
Worship
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Exmilitant(m): 2:26pm On Oct 23, 2022
Sirchiboy:
Yes.
Can you help a brother in need please?
what's your need bro?
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by swot200: 2:30pm On Oct 23, 2022
Michelle70:
been a long time i heard of that god.

Is he still alive?

Yes bro and he will ever be a living God also he has been keeping you alive for without his protection on your life then you are a dead man
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Clementoons: 2:32pm On Oct 23, 2022
Michelle70:
been a long time i heard of that god.

Is he still alive?
The Almighty GOD is very much alive and always alive forever. He is the ALPHA and OMEGA Eledumare is the yoruba language/name of calling the most high GOD. GOD is one there is no like HIM
Re: Praying, Worship Or Praises, Which Makes You Feel Closer to God? by Sirchiboy: 2:36pm On Oct 23, 2022
Exmilitant:
what's your need bro?
Sir I am not asking you for money but a job to keep body and soul together.
Please help me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The 24 Hour Miracle-working God / Pope Benedict XVI Consecrates Onaiyekan (Pictures) / 20 Richest Pastors In The World Updated (with Seven Nigerians)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.