Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,489 members, 7,812,522 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

What Is Causing The High Rate Of Depression? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Is Causing The High Rate Of Depression? (1312 Views)

The 18-year-old Girl That Is Causing Problem On Facebook With Her Beauty / Curvy Female Doctor Is Causing Confusion On Social Media (photos) / Meet This Hot IG Model With Jaw-dropping Boobs That Is Causing A Stir Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Causing The High Rate Of Depression? by dopedan(m): 10:37am On Oct 23, 2022
I think 80% of Nigerians are suffering from depression, some people may say its poverty or hardship, yes i agree but in most cases even people with money get depressed too
I have a friend that we are both in final year he is driving a 2010 lexus es350 in a two bedroom apt he has everything i was shocked when he told me he was depressed i was like omo me wey dey my self con dey do tom and jerry with my care taker wat will I even say
Just saying that even d rich get depressed too, d high rate of suicide I’ve been seeing is too bad
D other time it was a banker that killed himself , yesterday a 60 year old man jumped inside a river, personally i would have done worse if not that i take drugs to escape reality I know its not good but its better than taking my life
And some people still want to vote tinubu in this country, its like using ur hand to kill your self
Try check up on your people and help if u can

7 Likes

Re: What Is Causing The High Rate Of Depression? by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 23, 2022
Lack of purpose especially after achieving a set goal. Some get depressed due to hardship but for someone who lives comfortably, it's definitely lack of what to channel their energy to.

The day you stop improving as a person and trying to get better than you were the day before is the day you die.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Causing The High Rate Of Depression? by 4teenblaq: 10:41am On Oct 23, 2022
dopedan:
I think 80% of Nigerians are suffering from depression, some people may say its poverty or hardship, yes i agree but in most cases even people with money get depressed too
I have a friend that we are both in final year he is driving a 2010 lexus es350 in a two bedroom apt he has everything i was shocked when he told me he was depressed i was like omo me wey dey my self con dey do tom and jerry with my care taker wat will I even say
Just saying that even d rich get depressed too, d high rate of suicide I’ve been seeing is too bad
D other time it was a banker that killed himself , yesterday a 60 year old man jumped inside a river, personally i would have done worse if not that i take drugs to escape reality I know its not good but its better than taking my life
And some people still want to vote tinubu in this country, its like using ur hand to kill your self

A lot of things can cause depression

Love
Money
Uncertainty
Nonmonetary issues like barrenness, failed marriage, divorce, no kids, fear etc

1 Like

Re: What Is Causing The High Rate Of Depression? by taylor88(m): 10:42am On Oct 23, 2022
angry
Re: What Is Causing The High Rate Of Depression? by Munamoqel: 10:42am On Oct 23, 2022
dopedan:
he depressed cos the source of the money Might not be legit !! Conscience is an op ooend wound!

4 Likes

Re: What Is Causing The High Rate Of Depression? by Michelle70(m): 10:52am On Oct 23, 2022
The country itself is depressed so wetin u expect from the people?

4 Likes

Re: What Is Causing The High Rate Of Depression? by Honchoslim16(m): 11:04am On Oct 23, 2022
Everyone deals with depression in one way or another!....caused either by divorce, been broke, family history, and lots of other crazy events that has taken place in one's life.

Numb to the PAIN!
Re: What Is Causing The High Rate Of Depression? by kelspinall(m): 11:05am On Oct 23, 2022
the countries economy and steady breakfast

1 Like

Re: What Is Causing The High Rate Of Depression? by Enny2013(f): 11:26am On Oct 23, 2022
Some ar not poor,but so heartbroken!
Some ar nt just healthy at all,but u wouldn't know.
Some suffer rejections,setbacks n badlucks...wt hopelessness!
Re: What Is Causing The High Rate Of Depression? by stacyadams: 11:40am On Oct 23, 2022
The poor economic situations and the uncertainty of the future..at a point person no know wetin him dey do again
Re: What Is Causing The High Rate Of Depression? by Orobokibo1: 12:46pm On Oct 23, 2022
Nigeria has a teeming unemployed youth.
Nigeria also have a huge number of elders who feel riden and hard-held by poverty. They also feel like they could have achieved more. But alas, reality has dealt a blow on their wishes and ambition.

Now pertaining to economy, we have a new gang of SLAVE TRADERS in our country. These salve traders disguised as LOAN APPS COMPANIES have found a foot in our financial system. To enslave a free people, you only need to target their financial system and employment system. You don't even need a full scale physical war.

The Chinese understands this and has targeted our employment system by hiring, degrading and firing our brothers without recourse. There by demoralizing and making our brothers, family and friends feel depressed.

The Chinese have also targeted poor Nigerians through series of different LOAN APPS. The easiest unsuspecting set of people to exploit in a society is the poor members who are the Lower class of the society. After all, no one will know.
This is the source of most depression now that. Take that away and the amount of people getting depressed and killing themselves will reduce by a huge gap.

I love Nigeria with all my heart

3 Likes

Re: What Is Causing The High Rate Of Depression? by JerkyChan(m): 1:25pm On Oct 23, 2022

People get depressed because they feel they're special. People feel they shouldnt be unhappy.

Life is suffering....you're nothing special. Know this and know peace.

I believe the way forward is to find a purpose and continue channelling your energy towards it.

That said, my heart goes to everybody out there who is hurting....this too shall pass.

5 Likes

Re: What Is Causing The High Rate Of Depression? by Ballzproblemm: 1:46pm On Oct 23, 2022
well if it's not Money problem then it's lack of real friendship in his life, everything these days is built on what a man can offer ,if you can't sorry is your name ,it is what it is

3 Likes

Re: What Is Causing The High Rate Of Depression? by seanwilliam(m): 12:40am On Oct 27, 2022
Ballzproblemm:
well if it's not Money problem then it's lack of real friendship in his life, everything these days is built on what a man can offer ,if you can't sorry is your name ,it is what it is
you seem to understand the situation better . I agree with you .
Re: What Is Causing The High Rate Of Depression? by Kobojunkie: 5:46am On Oct 27, 2022
DaniWhizbang:
Lack of purpose especially after achieving a set goal. Some get depressed due to hardship but for someone who lives comfortably, it's definitely lack of what to channel their energy to.

The day you stop improving as a person and trying to get better than you were the day before is the day you die.
Make una learn to shutup if una no know anything abeg! Even the rich and famous suffer depression, and of no fault of theirs. Depression isn't some illness you can control. In fact the very thought you can control your own mental is what is referred to as a delusion and that is just as bad as depression. undecided
Re: What Is Causing The High Rate Of Depression? by chukwuwendun: 7:30am On Oct 27, 2022
Enny2013:
Some ar not poor,but so heartbroken!
Some ar nt just healthy at all,but u wouldn't know.
Some suffer rejections,setbacks n badlucks...wt hopelessness!

This is what actually led me into depression last night.........The spirit is real oo, if I was staying alone, I would have been history by now
Re: What Is Causing The High Rate Of Depression? by chukwuwendun: 7:35am On Oct 27, 2022
JerkyChan:

People get depressed because they feel they're special. People feel they shouldnt be unhappy.

Life is suffering....you're nothing special. Know this and know peace.

I believe the way forward is to find a purpose and continue channelling your energy towards it.

That said, my heart goes to everybody out there who is hurting....this too shall pass.

How can I locate purpose
Re: What Is Causing The High Rate Of Depression? by Makers49: 8:10am On Oct 27, 2022
Depression is real,sometimes I feel like commiting suicide,but my heart always give me hope that once I am alive,I am better than the dead ones,and I can still succeed
Re: What Is Causing The High Rate Of Depression? by Freedomlurther: 10:30am On Oct 27, 2022
People are going through a lot, but often they tend to make it obvious, my ex course mate called few weeks sharing his experience with me of how depressed he his, because he his in debt of around 230k, all I could tell him he be claim and thank God for everything (even tho I don’t believe the existence of God no more).

When he was telling I told I was in the hospital when he was calling me, I told him the reason was I attempted suicide, and it was my neighbors that rushed me there...

My believe is once you can’t stand the smoke you can always leave the kitchen, after all no one asked for my permission before sending me to this earth... depression is real and we should check up on our loved ones, especially the ones that finds it difficult to express themselves or the introvert...

Life will be good and we will leave comfortable well. Hopefully

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Is Causing The High Rate Of Depression? by dopedan(m): 11:58am On Oct 27, 2022
Freedomlurther:
People are going through a lot, but often they tend to make it obvious, my ex course mate called few weeks sharing his experience with me of how depressed he his, because he his in debt of around 230k, all I could tell him he be claim and thank God for everything (even tho I don’t believe the existence of God no more).

When he was telling I told I was in the hospital when he was calling me, I told him the reason was I attempted suicide, and it was my neighbors that rushed me there...

My believe is once you can’t stand the smoke you can always leave the kitchen, after all no one asked for my permission before sending me to this earth... depression is real and we should check up on our loved ones, especially the ones that finds it difficult to express themselves or the introvert...

Life will be good and we will leave comfortable well. Hopefully
Say no more wink
Re: What Is Causing The High Rate Of Depression? by Enny2013(f): 6:21am On Oct 28, 2022
chukwuwendun:

This is what actually led me into depression last night.........The spirit is real oo, if I was staying alone, I would have been history by now
Sorry,dear.
Which of dem?
Re: What Is Causing The High Rate Of Depression? by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:32am On Oct 28, 2022
That Buhari never resign
Re: What Is Causing The High Rate Of Depression? by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 28, 2022
Munamoqel:
he depressed cos the source of the money Might not be legit !! Conscience is an op ooend wound!

Nice One. This Is the Reality of "Most Of The People Living Comfortably In Nigeria. A University Student probably from a Poor/Average background using Es350. Who doesn't know how he got the money. 90% of people living large In Nigeria are heavily Involved In "Evil Ways & Shady Deals" . Anyone who doesn't believe can argue with their Phones..
Re: What Is Causing The High Rate Of Depression? by dopedan(m): 8:18am On Oct 28, 2022
Evolutionlove:

Nice One. This Is the Reality of "Most Of The People Living Comfortably In Nigeria. A University Student probably from a Poor/Average background using Es350. Who doesn't know how he got the money. 90% of people living fine In Nigeria are heavily Involved In "Evil Ways" . Anyone who doesn't believe can argue with their Phones..
Its actually an Rx350
True most of his money sources are not legit

1 Like

Re: What Is Causing The High Rate Of Depression? by jericco1(m): 8:42am On Oct 28, 2022
Makers49:
Depression is real,sometimes I feel like commiting suicide,but my heart always give me hope that once I am alive,I am better than the dead ones,and I can still succeed

It happens but be strong

(1) (Reply)

Ladies, Do You Think He Is Cute / Lori Harvey / Is It Weird That At 24 You Have Never Dated A Man In Your Life?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.