Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,907 members, 7,835,026 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? (62013 Views)

Is It Right For Pastors To Confirm The Right Marriage Partner For A Person? / Prophet Joshua Iginla Exposes Plans By Pastors To Frame Him Up For Murder / 75 Biblical Reasons Why You Should Not Drink Alcohol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by Ola4lead(m): 6:03pm On Oct 23, 2022
Handsome777:
I went to the headquarters of a popular church in Abuja for a Thanksgiving Service. After the church service, there was a reception where there was an assorted alcohol on the list.

To my surprise, some of the clerics were served alcoholic drinks and they gladly indulged.

I am a born-again Christian because of my staunch faith in Christ Jesus and I also drink alcohol moderately. I don't believe I am morally wrong.

When you read Deuteronomy 14 from vs 22 to the end you will have an answer to your question and you will stop getting worried.
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 23, 2022
They are wines though.. grin grin grin

They are for those who like wines, but not alcohol. grin grin grin
wirinet:

If it has no alcohol, then it cannot be referred to as wine. Its better to refer to it as un fermented and carbonated fruit juice in a bottle, like Ribena in a bottle.
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by erico2k2(m): 6:09pm On Oct 23, 2022
Handsome777:
I went to the headquarters of a popular church in Abuja for a Thanksgiving Service. After the church service, there was a reception where there was an assorted alcohol on the list.

To my surprise, some of the clerics were served alcoholic drinks and they gladly indulged.

I am a born-again Christian because of my staunch faith in Christ Jesus and I also drink alcohol moderately. I don't believe I am morally wrong.
There is nowhere in the bible that said you cannot drink alcohol!
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by wirinet(m): 6:09pm On Oct 23, 2022
Ola4lead:

When you read Deuteronomy 14 from vs 22 to the end you will have an answer to your question and you will stop getting worried.

Also read ecclesiastes 9 vs 7

Go thy way, eat thy bread with joy, and drink thy wine with a merry heart; for God now accepteth thy works.
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by zedman1(m): 6:11pm On Oct 23, 2022
Samantha123:
Lol.. okay, let me put it this way, there are some wines that have zero alcohol.. grin grin grin
Lol. Alright, better.
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by merlino: 6:12pm On Oct 23, 2022
wirinet:

As long as they don't drink it at the alter.
[i]

My friend, you didn't get the point there.
A Christian is a LIVING INNER COURT; A Living Temple of the HOLY OF HOLIES whose peculiar presence dwells in the Inner Court.

And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2 Corinthians 6:16 KJV
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by miqos02(m): 6:16pm On Oct 23, 2022
Handsome777:

orthodox churches drink alcohol only Pentecostals don't.
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by Kajaard: 6:18pm On Oct 23, 2022
tuzle:
but not all wines are alcoholic

I really don't have the strength to argue today as I am feeling a little under the weather. See image below. Happy Sunday.

Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by Germi9: 6:28pm On Oct 23, 2022
Handsome777:

Correct guy
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by viodemus: 6:29pm On Oct 23, 2022
Am sure nobody was forced to endorse anybody from the bushes of Saudi arabia, before they can comment on Christian or jewish or many other religious issues.

Which is a forced and fake endorsement. Maybe that's the only way the saudi , Jesus envy, dreaming prophet, from Saudi Arabia likes his followers. I could be wrong. But it seems like he enjoys his followers to be forced and without rights, and cultish in its ways. Anybody wey dey talk to the Saudi prophet and im follower , make e advice am to change for the better.This is a humanly advise .
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by ogaemma: 6:30pm On Oct 23, 2022
Handsome777:

Nobody will go to hell fire because of a bottle of beer.
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by alibiz: 6:33pm On Oct 23, 2022
This is difference between you and them.
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by spiralwedge(m): 6:36pm On Oct 23, 2022
Story story
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by lereinter(m): 6:37pm On Oct 23, 2022
Why drink alcohol openly

How do you intend to help babe Christians from not getting drunk
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by Evidenx(m): 6:39pm On Oct 23, 2022
wirinet:

False. That's your personal or cult doctrine and not Christianity. No where in the Bible did it state that you go to hell by drinking alcohol.
Then you haven't study enough.
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by tuzle(m): 6:42pm On Oct 23, 2022
Kajaard:

I really don't have the strength to argue today as I am feeling a little under the weather. See image below. Happy Sunday.
I wasn't arguing with u about alcohol. Yes Jesus turned water into wine, but we don't know if it contained alcohol or not. So using Jesus as an example isn't 100% correct
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by ExudeLoveToAll: 6:43pm On Oct 23, 2022
Samantha123:
There are some alcoholic drinks that consist of zero alcohol, especially wines.

If it is zero alcohol it is non alcoholic drink.
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 23, 2022
Even bible said Jesus turned water into wine.
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by cardoctor(m): 7:07pm On Oct 23, 2022
I hope you didn't mistake Non-alcoholic wine for bottles of Champagne.
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by planetx: 7:09pm On Oct 23, 2022
Samantha123:
There are some alcoholic drinks that consist of zero alcohol, especially wines.
How can something be alcoholic and at the same time contain zero alcohol.
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by BennyDGreat: 7:16pm On Oct 23, 2022
Samantha123:
Some wines have zero alcohol.. grin grin grin

And those wines are called alcoholic?
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by jaxxy(m): 7:22pm On Oct 23, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
Proverbs 31:4-6 (KJV) It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink:
Lest they drink, and forget the law, and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted.
Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy
hearts.

The bible also says, we should be drunk in the holy spirit not wine.

drink wine bt don't be drunk of it. yes
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by HeroicMeastro: 7:22pm On Oct 23, 2022
Handsome777:

That is a norm nah..
Drink, get drunk and dance
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 23, 2022
Just wines.. grin grin
BennyDGreat:

And those wines are called alcoholic?
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by HeroicMeastro: 7:23pm On Oct 23, 2022
Aareakinwunmi:
As a Christian you can consume alcohol, but do so with moderation and self-control.
The Bible condemns drunkenness
Hahahahahahaha
Drink alcohol permissible?
Shit!!
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by bewla(m): 7:24pm On Oct 23, 2022
Handsome777:

Apostle Paul said give them little gin for them health

Are you more then them
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 23, 2022
I already explained what I meant.
planetx:
How can something be alcoholic and at the same time contain zero alcohol.
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by RichAbujaGuy: 7:34pm On Oct 23, 2022
MeaslesMumpsRub:
There is a church in Jamaica where they meditate with cannabis in the incense to communicate with the most high.

I have heard of such practices. I think moderate amounts of cannabis is easier on the body, mind, and spirit than alcohol.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by Polchiz(m): 7:37pm On Oct 23, 2022
Blessedmercy8:
Proverbs 31:4-6 (KJV) It is not for kings, O Lemuel, it is not for kings to drink wine; nor for princes strong drink:
Lest they drink, and forget the law, and pervert the judgment of any of the afflicted.
Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy
hearts.

The bible also says, we should be drunk in the holy spirit not wine.
95.2% of beer is water. You don't categorise beer as strong wine.
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by Polchiz(m): 7:43pm On Oct 23, 2022
RichAbujaGuy:

I have heard of such practices. I think moderate amounts of cannabis is easier on the body, mind, and spirit than alcohol.

People need to know the difference between beer and alcohol.
95.2% of beer is water. Beer � also contain mineral elements, vitamins, hops, peptides etc which are good for health.
Once an average Nigerian sees you taking beer which is 4.8% alcohol by volume, you have become a drunkered.
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by Sneakytoucher: 7:44pm On Oct 23, 2022
MeaslesMumpsRub:
There is a church in Jamaica where they meditate with cannabis in the incense to communicate with the most high.
Lmao... Rasclaats dem!
Re: Is It Morally Wrong For Pastors To Drink Alcohol? by SaturnNick(m): 7:46pm On Oct 23, 2022
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2017 Prophecies By Pastor Joshua Iginla / Deeper Life Church Completes Headquarters After 15 Years (Photos) / Is It Sinful To Wear Trousers As A Christian Lady?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.