Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts (10034 Views)

Hilarious Picture Of Gen Buhari Inspecting Nigeria National Treasury Vault. / Pic Of Me Inspecting Tonto Dike Look-alike Sculptured Work Of Art / Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by Afam4eva(m): 12:10pm On Aug 19, 2011

"I am not a magician," says minister. Photo: Wikipedia

Abuja – The transformational agenda of President Jonathan Ebele Goodluck has been thrown into turmoil following the sudden resignation of finance minister, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala.

Accounts vary over what has led to her premature resignation just days after resuming in her new role but the president’s spokesman, Mr Reuben Abati, is expected to release a press statement blaming it on General Buhari and the CPC party.

Sources close to the former World Bank MD hint that her first action in her short-lived role as finance minister was to demand an inspection of the nation’s financial records.

Sources further claim that after reading through the federation accounts Dr Okonjo Iweala cried out in her native Igbo language and not long after that she handed in her hand written resignation.

Attempts to obtain a photocopy of the resignation letter failed due to a power outage at the ministry of finance but witnesses who have seen it have provided a transcript of its content:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the confidence you’ve placed in me but this is beyond me, and I dare say, it is beyond any living person.
You don’t need me. You need God.
Good luck with all that.

Signed: Dr. Ngozi Okonjo Iweala.

P.S: I donate my salaries till date to the Save Nigeria Fund (Prayer Group Committee).

Source: http://www.wazobiareport.com/reports/Ngozi-Okonjo-Iweala-resigns-after-inspecting-federation-accounts?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+WazobiareportcomNewsfeed+%28wazobiareport.com+NewsFeed%29

Who dem wan implicate. God punish satan.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by Afam4eva(m): 12:17pm On Aug 19, 2011
I think she did the right thing. Our government is not serious.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by Greenpro: 12:20pm On Aug 19, 2011
If this is true, then there is fire on the mountain.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by Johnpaul2k2(m): 12:29pm On Aug 19, 2011
Nigeria don die
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by dustydee: 12:30pm On Aug 19, 2011
funny, Nigerians have a good sense of humour. Keep it up. grin grin grin grin
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by Rhino5dm: 12:31pm On Aug 19, 2011
what da fucck is wazobiareportes?. . .I dont believe this utter rubbish.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by Yeske2(m): 12:32pm On Aug 19, 2011
I don't believe itI don't believe it
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by BigMeat2: 12:42pm On Aug 19, 2011
Tales by moonlight
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by werepeLeri: 12:56pm On Aug 19, 2011
some people still dont know wazobia report. Its all humour.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by NegroNtns(m): 1:53pm On Aug 19, 2011
If its true I support her but the informality in the reproduced letter of resignation suggests it is a false report.

It will be a career suicide for her to infer in a resignation letter that she has no competency to face the challenge of transforming a bankrupt account. What that would mean is that she is unqualified for similar positions in future where expertise is required to recover a failing account system, thus a recusal from executive position in any mega-corporation appointment or board chairmanship.

This story does not match with her brand and ambition.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by rolchi(m): 1:55pm On Aug 19, 2011
lies grin grin grin
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by okunboy: 4:15pm On Aug 19, 2011
What kind of junk is this? Wazobia, what?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by akinwole21: 6:49pm On Aug 19, 2011
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by Guyman02: 6:52pm On Aug 19, 2011
Thats a funny one and a food for thought for Ngozi to know hat she is up against with the economic team. I believe that if gven the necessary freehand she will deliver.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by Koolking(m): 6:56pm On Aug 19, 2011
Whoever believes any news from 'Wazobia Report' must be a CLOWN like them.

Users should be sanctioned for carrying news from these national clowns to NL. We have had enough of these puns
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by kilodese(m): 6:57pm On Aug 19, 2011
Funny, Good luck to goodluck!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by Donmeca(m): 6:58pm On Aug 19, 2011
Accounts vary over what has led to her premature resignation just days after resuming in her new role but the president’s spokesman, Mr Reuben Abati, is expected to release a press statement blaming it on General Buhari and the CPC party.
This is wickedly funny!  grin grin grin
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by collyno200(m): 7:01pm On Aug 19, 2011
I dont belive this concoted story, i think moderators of nairaland should screen post with d view of preventing stories based on sophistries and cooked on a calabash of skulduggery.bt if that tales by moonlight is actuly tru then i think d minister took the wrong path.what was she thinking when she took up d appointment to meet a sound economy without financial misappropriations? Or to jolly with other ministers she was called to use her expertise ti FIX a jagajaga nigeria.she ought to be part of the restoration process

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by agabaI23(m): 7:02pm On Aug 19, 2011
Wazobia report is like Onion news. They are meant for humour guys. lol
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by chiefronal: 7:03pm On Aug 19, 2011
What nonsense! She should get the hell outta here o'jare  angry angry Why is she holding the country to ransome? Did she think the journey was going to be smooth? If she wants to contribute to the economy, then she should sit down, get things rolling and stop media stunting! God bless Nigeria,
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by tlops(m): 7:09pm On Aug 19, 2011
Nice joke,
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by Nobody: 7:11pm On Aug 19, 2011
, Premature resignation ko! Premature  “fish“ culation ni!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 19, 2011
Is This a JOke?! angry angry
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:21pm On Aug 19, 2011
El Guapo:

Is This a JOke?! angry angry

A timely one too grin grin grin grin she cancelled Nigeria's Paris Club Debt from $32 billion to $3.4 billion and left Nigeria with $0 Foreign Debt and Comes back to meat $39 billion. grin
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by amblors(m): 7:22pm On Aug 19, 2011
WAZOBIA REPORTERS? gimme a break
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by tunde300us(m): 7:24pm On Aug 19, 2011
And how did this rubbish make front page. angry
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by TrueSeeker(m): 7:25pm On Aug 19, 2011
About WazobiaReport

Wazobiareport is a satirical website.

Their stories, views, opinions, reports, articles, etc etc, are merely spoofs.

Anything they publish is for entertainment purpose and not meant to be taken as factual.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by dayokanu(m): 7:29pm On Aug 19, 2011
Its all a joke
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 19, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

A timely one too  grin  grin  grin  grin she cancelled Nigeria's Paris Club Debt from $32 billion to $3.4 billion and left Nigeria with $0 Foreign Debt and Comes back to meat $39 billion.  grin

Now this gerrin serious, which source was this depicted?!

I suspect NTA!
grin
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by amblors(m): 7:30pm On Aug 19, 2011
I just noticed that its in the [size=60pt]JOKE SECTION[/size]
now i understand
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by Nobody: 7:30pm On Aug 19, 2011
@mods. Can u pls tell d entire house how dis topic got to d front page?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo Iweala Resigns After Inspecting Federation Accounts by paraphase(m): 7:36pm On Aug 19, 2011
x

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Basket Mouth Vs I Go Die / What Is The Opposite Of Opposite / A Cheating Husband Decided To Write This Letter To His Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.