Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home (2870 Views)

Excess Money: Moment MC Asked Groom To Spray His Bride 500k At A Wedding Party / I Am Depressed / Am Depressed And Keep Thinking About Dieing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by mrblessed(m): 6:15am On Oct 24, 2022
It would be very difficult to dodge these family expenses, especially due to the nature of your siblings and mother. However, you need to devise a means that would allow you to, at least, save a penny for the rainy. It's not proper to be working and earning money without keeping some for an unforeseeable occurrences.

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by techWriter3: 7:27am On Oct 24, 2022
You foresee him to stay there now

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by ChybuzzDD(m): 7:46am On Oct 24, 2022
klonboi:

Sir I'm sorry to say this.

[b]It's your call of duty, [/b]Never look away from your home. Let's assume your younger brother is in your position now and decide to leave the house for you, how would you feel ?

Spend wisely though!

This archaic mentality needs to die. It is not his call of duty to carry his family's burden on his young shoulders
Parents should stop using their children as retirement benefits

3 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by terrezo2002(m): 7:54am On Oct 24, 2022
So now that the money has finished, how are the mouths feeding?

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by WantsandMore: 8:35am On Oct 24, 2022
terrezo2002:
So now that the money has finished, how are the mouths feeding?
There's an an opportunity here, do not be dismayed, what you lack in your dealings is wisdom, pray to God to grants you wisdom in your day to day dealings, meanwhile, genuinely acts broke, I mean you said you r broke anyways, be the one to want to receive from those who have supposedly eating off your harvest, gauge their reactions but do not judge them, mostly, they will say they do not have, which is exactly what you want to hear. Keep this pattern up for a long time, say months, meanwhile keep hustling and saving within this period, when you have some money, buy foodstuffs in bulk, share in two, some for private keep and the rest to the fam. Only give out stipends when you have earned income, when they ask for change, refer back to when you asked & they said they didn't have and say you honestly don't have too, this will make then not to suspect anything, as you usually give when you have plus you can say you used all the change to stock the house, mk a timeline, maybe stock the house in every 6 months from ur savings and only reward siblings whenever you've got income not from your savings. It's a tough life outthere fam but you have got to be tougher & stop bitching around & instead pray to God to improve your pockets so that your big heart can match your big pockets. Meanwhile, use this as a training ground because this is not different from when you will have a family of your own. Keep learning and keep giving wisely, never look back. Your breakthrough is coming until then be wise with your coins. Heaven is the goal fam.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by Barims(m): 8:39am On Oct 24, 2022
Go and learning plumbing skill
You will thank me later

2 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by Karleb(m): 8:40am On Oct 24, 2022
Just imagine that you die today, I'm sure you family will still thrive.

Use your head.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by WantsandMore: 8:40am On Oct 24, 2022
Barims:
You will thank me later
Mk sense, how's the market for plumbing?
Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by WantsandMore: 8:40am On Oct 24, 2022
Barims:
You will thank me later
Lol. But he's not dead, he just needs to be wise with money not stingy.

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by Barims(m): 8:42am On Oct 24, 2022
WantsandMore:

Lol. But he's not dead, he just needs to be wise with money not stingy.

I don't even understand what you are blabbering about brother

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by WantsandMore: 8:48am On Oct 24, 2022
Barims:

I don't even understand what you are blabbering about brother
Lol. It's in your interest not to understand nah.
Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by Nobody: 9:13am On Oct 24, 2022
pansophist:
You have to know one thing - Which is, it is the responsibility of the giver to determine how much he/she is going to give. Givers need to set limits because askers never do. No one is suffocating you, you are suffocating yourself because it seems like you don't fully exercise the power within your jurisdiction.

What you can do now is to move out first, to have a clear head, and not be surrounded by people that will drain you. Then, give only what you can afford to let go, that won't disrupt your own life. If for example, it is 50k you can afford to give in a month or two, make it clear, give that, and don't kill yourself.

People die every day, and many of the deceased are breadwinners, but their families somehow will gather money from nowhere, bury him, and continue living their lives. So do not make anyone make you feel like without you, they won't exist. Their number one responsibility is towards themselves, and yours to you. If they can't take care of themselves (with the exception of your parents if they were present in your life), then you have no obligation to.

No matter how bad the economy is, there are ways people can legitly make money if they put down their egos. Even if someone has not even 100 nairas, any marketplace in Nigeria is a hustling ground, either to carry loads, hustle for passengers, customer referrals (known as ''oso aya), or just to even mount bottle water and sell, you will see your daily bread. The people doing it, God doesn't hate them. They are more honorable in my eyes than beautiful, lazy beggars.

Open your eyes, don't let anyone under the guise of family open office for your head, or turn you to their cow. No be you create them, and if anyone will take them out of poverty, it is through their own hardwork, and God, their creator.

Thanks for this great idea. Today, I will be on the neighbouring State to get an agent to look out for a house for me.

And last night, I had to call them a meeting that I have a deadbeat I need this November, so I won't be providing much again for feeding except to my mum and the little girl of JSS3. By God's grace, I will move out by this November.
Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by Nobody: 9:16am On Oct 24, 2022
Yusufisraelj:

Nice, especially that part of leaving home, but even staying at home is not a yardstick to run the young man down, some parents self.

@McDaav I left home during my teenage years, since then I've not looked back, it wasn't easy, and I suffered at the initial stage, by God's divine hand, no where I no fit survive. You won't die, just get money for accomodation and three months feeding to a location where you business value or skill will be appreciated and rewarded. The rest will be history and when you make money, no carry woman or live carelessly, I was tempted but God helped me.

If no be African setting pikin suppose day feed parent (as in pay full time bills)? Kai God will really help us.

I am making plans of that and by God's grace will move next month. Actually, this people don't know I am starting up except my mum who understands. Thanks for the courage, Man.
Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by virginchaser(m): 9:19am On Oct 24, 2022
This usually happens when some parents realize you have started making your own money. Some well to do parents still have same mentality. I remember when i got my first ride my dad said it was embarrassing for him to be buying car for himself at his age. He said his friend kids usually got surprised cars for them.

Don't let them use emotional weapons on you.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 24, 2022
WantsandMore:

There's an an opportunity here, do not be dismayed, what you lack in your dealings is wisdom, pray to God to grants you wisdom in your day to day dealings, meanwhile, genuinely acts broke, I mean you said you r broke anyways, be the one to want to receive from those who have supposedly eating off your harvest, gauge their reactions but do not judge them, mostly, they will say they do not have, which is exactly what you want to hear. Keep this pattern up for a long time, say months, meanwhile keep hustling and saving within this period, when you have some money, buy foodstuffs in bulk, share in two, some for private keep and the rest to the fam. Only give out stipends when you have earned income, when they ask for change, refer back to when you asked & they said they didn't have and say you honestly don't have too, this will make then not to suspect anything, as you usually give when you have plus you can say you used all the change to stock the house, mk a timeline, maybe stock the house in every 6 months from ur savings and only reward siblings whenever you've got income not from your savings. It's a tough life outthere fam but you have got to be tougher & stop bitching around & instead pray to God to improve your pockets so that your big heart can match your big pockets. Meanwhile, use this as a training ground because this is not different from when you will have a family of your own. Keep learning and keep giving wisely, never look back. Your breakthrough is coming until then be wise with your coins. Heaven is the goal fam.

This is great, thanks, Man.
This exactly what my eldest brother told me about living with family when I call him to complain of what's going on at home.

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by Yusufisraelj(m): 9:35am On Oct 24, 2022
McDaav:

I am making plans of that and by God's grace will move next month. Actually, this people don't know I am starting up except my mum who understands. Thanks for the courage, Man.

God speed bro.

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by CyberHustle: 10:20am On Oct 24, 2022
Start by writing down every outflow of money and analyze what is expendable from that list.

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by Eastcoastboy(m): 10:24am On Oct 24, 2022
McDaav:

I am a freelancer. I write blog articles, design websites and blogs, format and publish books on Amazon KDP, and graphics design and more.

You can relegate some of your jobs to me like the blog article writing. Then you pay me some percentage and take the rest by so doing you're gathering enough funds for yourself.

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by Eastcoastboy(m): 10:28am On Oct 24, 2022
Skyview01:
Leave house ASAP before them destroy your destiny. Do not ever succumb to any of their EMOTIONAL blackmail. You will be better off in a one room face-me-i-slap-you, than living with those leeches!.

Its time to get out!

Na person beloveth family you dey call leeches? Nawa oh!

I'm sure they're good people that's why he's still sticking with them and assisting, if them been don do am bad or dey do am bad he no go even come NL at the first place.

All he's complaining about is that the load is too much on him.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 24, 2022

3 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by pansophist(m): 11:11am On Oct 24, 2022
RenerdLiam:

Very good point.

I’m an orphan.

My goal is to be a computer programmer.

I ask my uncles for help, but they didn't take me seriously thinking I want to engage in yahoo (effect of illiteracy).

They wanted me to learn one of this artisan skills that looks too simple for me instead (But I will get bored quickly and hate it.)

I know I am alone.

Things I do to achieve my aim.

-Helps in a bread factory for about three months in lagos (not enough sleep, even the little time I had to sleep was infested with mosquitoes. causes of my foolishness. I was severely used. And the man I was working for was supposed to be my uncle)

-Work with people molding blocks for a year (That breaks my weakness and makes me stronger)

-Follow a stranger to Lagos to work as a bricklayer for 6 months. (That gets me wiser a little bit. Left cause I was getting into problems with the wife).

-Work in poultry for about a week (That's when I discovered I can’t withstand smell. Also, the transport cost is more than the salary, so I stopped cause it was not sustainable).

-Went back to Lagos to work as a cleaner/gatekeeper/house help for a family. This is where I learned the most lesson and became wiser. I worked there for a year before an issue developed and I had to leave.

-By this time, I've got a smartphone and one old laptop like that. So, I decided to kickstart my career. Even when I am completely broke and hungry, I refuse to ask anyone for help (I fed on unripe fruits that I picked from the bush most of the time. I was sooo miserable).

-But about 7 months into this misery, I have brushed up my writing skills and begun taking writing gigs.

-About six month more, I have gotten a better laptop, a solar generating set (to beat IBEDC). And focus on acquiring skills as a software developer.

-Today, I am a competent Full-stack developer, although I haven't gotten work yet. Still feeding off my writing skill.

That's my journey in a nutshell. If I have been proud, I will never achieve my aim.

But what do I even have to be proud of? Being an orphan, I was never treated like a complete human growing up. I was always reminded that I am being helped and should be grateful that I am being helped. Something that completely killed my confidence.

A Side note: Please, if you are helping someone, do so in good faith. After gaining my freedom, I have to work on building my confidence and self-esteem, cause I don't fit into the society without them..

But in all, these experiences shape me well.

You're like the proverbial potato, you grew in dirt, which made you strong, unlike lots of people that are like soft bananas, shiny and sweet but just a single squeeze, they get destroyed.

All I see is a man that have lived life, away from shelter, that was not born in a comfort zone, and like a ship, though safe in the harbour, was not meant for safety but to cruise the high sea in the middle of no where.

Just know that you're far ahead of most people in how to live. The mistakes lots of people will make in their 40's, you've made it young. You may not be rich yet, but your foundation to be wealthy is very solid.

Your mind is strong, and you can probably spot bullshit from continent away, I appreciate people like you, that have lived, with bruises and scars, not smooth and fine and over-sheltered body.

I am the same, maybe not an orphan but from young, I've been exposed to life, hence my eyes are very open, which is reflected by what I write here steadily.

It's the little effort everyday that truly matters. In five years to come, you'll be far far in a better place. And you write really good.

I just say make I hail, to appreciate another brother born without a silver spoon and made something for himself. Greetings

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by Nobody: 11:20am On Oct 24, 2022
pansophist:

You're like the proverbial potato, you grew in dirt, which made you strong, unlike lots of people that are like soft bananas, shiny and sweet but just a single squeeze, they get destroyed.

All I see is a man that have lived life, away from shelter, that was not born in a comfort zone, and like a ship, though safe in the harbour, was not meant for safety but to cruise the high sea in the middle of no where.

Just know that you're far ahead of most people in how to live. The mistakes lots of people will make in their 40's, you've made it young. You may not be rich yet, but your foundation to be wealthy is very solid.

Your mind is strong, and you can probably spot bullshit from continent away, I appreciate people like you, that have lived, with bruises and scars, not smooth and fine and over-sheltered body.

I am the same, maybe not an orphan but from young, I've been exposed to life, hence my eyes are very open, which is reflected by what I write here steadily.

It's the little effort everyday that truly matters. In five years to come, you'll be far far in a better place. And you write really good.

I just say make I hail, to appreciate another brother born without a silver spoon and made something for himself. Greetings

Thanks, senior bro.

Truly, I have gone through a lot of mental stress. Which I proudly overcame and learned a lot from.
Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by Eastcoastboy(m): 11:22am On Oct 24, 2022
ChybuzzDD:

This archaic mentality needs to die. It is not his call of duty to carry his family's burden on his young shoulders
Parents should stop using their children as retirement benefits

Parents should stop using their children as retirement benefits without leaving anything for their children to leverage on.

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by Eastcoastboy(m): 11:35am On Oct 24, 2022
virginchaser:
This usually happens when some parents realize you have started making your own money. Some well to do parents still have same mentality. I remember when i got my first ride my dad said it was embarrassing for him to be buying car for himself at his age. He said his friend kids usually got surprised cars for them.

Don't let them use emotional weapons on you.

But no vex oh! This is not to taunt you or your Pop.

But did your Pop connect or help you land the job or business that aided you in buying your car?
Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by Eastcoastboy(m): 11:42am On Oct 24, 2022
RenerdLiam:

Very good point.

I’m an orphan.

My goal is to be a computer programmer.

I ask my uncles for help, but they didn't take me seriously thinking I want to engage in yahoo (effect of illiteracy).

They wanted me to learn one of this artisan skills that looks too simple for me instead (But I will get bored quickly and hate it.)

I know I am alone.

Things I do to achieve my aim.

-Helps in a bread factory for about three months in lagos (not enough sleep, even the little time I had to sleep was infested with mosquitoes. causes of my foolishness. I was severely used. And the man I was working for was supposed to be my uncle)

-Work with people molding blocks for a year (That breaks my weakness and makes me stronger)

-Follow a stranger to Lagos to work as a bricklayer for 6 months. (That gets me wiser a little bit. Left cause I was getting into problems with the wife).

-Work in poultry for about a week (That's when I discovered I can’t withstand smell. Also, the transport cost is more than the salary, so I stopped cause it was not sustainable).

-Went back to Lagos to work as a cleaner/gatekeeper/house help for a family. This is where I learned the most lesson and became wiser. I worked there for a year before an issue developed and I had to leave.

-By this time, I've got a smartphone and one old laptop like that. So, I decided to kickstart my career. Even when I am completely broke and hungry, I refuse to ask anyone for help (I fed on unripe fruits that I picked from the bush most of the time. I was sooo miserable).

-But about 7 months into this misery, I have brushed up my writing skills and begun taking writing gigs.

-About six month more, I have gotten a better laptop, a solar generating set (to beat IBEDC). And focus on acquiring skills as a software developer.

-Today, I am a competent Full-stack developer, although I haven't gotten work yet. Still feeding off my writing skill.

That's my journey in a nutshell. If I have been proud, I will never achieve my aim.

But what do I even have to be proud of? Being an orphan, I was never treated like a complete human growing up. I was always reminded that I am being helped and should be grateful that I am being helped. Something that completely killed my confidence.

A Side note: Please, if you are helping someone, do so in good faith. After gaining my freedom, I have to work on building my confidence and self-esteem, cause I don't fit into the society without them..

But in all, these experiences shape me well.

I'm happy you're able to surmount your problems and come out strong.

God's blessings on you big man.

Please I want to make an appeal; where do you get those writing gigs from?

I would appreciate if you connect me. I'm into Blockchain writing and blog article writing as well.

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 24, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

I'm happy you're able to surmount your problems and come out strong.

God's blessings on you big man.

Please I want to make an appeal; where do you get those writing gigs from?

I would appreciate if you connect me. I'm into Blockchain writing and blog article writing as well.

It's mostly from naira land. I did some work on Fiverr too. But I am not good at sending proposals for work. So I stopped.

You can send a mail to these people. They sometimes need freelancers to take some work.

Send your best articles, and hope they reply. You will need a Paypal account though.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by Eastcoastboy(m): 11:52am On Oct 24, 2022
RenerdLiam:

It's mostly from naira land. I did some work on Fiverr too. But I am not good at sending proposals for work. So I stopped.

You can send a mail to these people. They sometimes need freelancers to take some work.

monika@article-writing.co

Send your best articles, and hope they reply. You will need a Paypal account though.

Ok thank you very much. God bless

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by virginchaser(m): 1:46pm On Oct 24, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

But no vex oh! This is not to taunt you or your Pop.

But did your Pop connect or help you land the job or business that aided you in buying your car?

No sir. In fearness to him, his friend got me a custom job but my mum forced me to declined it and furthered my education.

1 Like

Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by Missionaire: 2:45pm On Oct 24, 2022
pansophist:
You have to know one thing - Which is, it is the responsibility of the giver to determine how much he/she is going to give. Givers need to set limits because askers never do. No one is suffocating you, you are suffocating yourself because it seems like you don't fully exercise the power within your jurisdiction.

What you can do now is to move out first, to have a clear head, and not be surrounded by people that will drain you. Then, give only what you can afford to let go, that won't disrupt your own life. If for example, it is 50k you can afford to give in a month or two, make it clear, give that, and don't kill yourself.

People die every day, and many of the deceased are breadwinners, but their families somehow will gather money from nowhere, bury him, and continue living their lives. So do not make anyone make you feel like without you, they won't exist. Their number one responsibility is towards themselves, and yours to you. If they can't take care of themselves (with the exception of your parents if they were present in your life), then you have no obligation to.

No matter how bad the economy is, there are ways people can legitly make money if they put down their egos. Even if someone has not even 100 nairas, any marketplace in Nigeria is a hustling ground, either to carry loads, hustle for passengers, customer referrals (known as ''oso aya), or just to even mount bottle water and sell, you will see your daily bread. The people doing it, God doesn't hate them. They are more honorable in my eyes than beautiful, lazy beggars.

Open your eyes, don't let anyone under the guise of family open office for your head, or turn you to their cow. No be you create them, and if anyone will take them out of poverty, it is through their own hardwork, and God, their creator.
Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by Eastcoastboy(m): 3:11pm On Oct 24, 2022
virginchaser:

No sir. In fearness to him, his friend got me a custom job but my mum forced me to declined it and furthered my education.

Are you happy about the decision at last?

I think in all fairness your Pop should chill and allow you build your self to some certain extent before he starts expecting you to get him a new ride.

It's okay to change his tires or fix up his ride whenever it gets bad. But expecting you to get him a new ride is an "entitlement mentality" to me. It might be borne out of pressure from what his friends are getting tho.

But mehn! No pressure yourself. He who decides to get married and bore children should be able to take care of those children and not expect anything back other than love and the necessary things that's expected of a child when the time comes.

Because as far I'm concerned the child didn't beg to be given birth to. Thank you sir.

NB: I'm not sir from all indications I feel you're older than me.

2 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by APC2: 3:38pm On Oct 24, 2022
I refuse to go home after my nysc because of this same issue. I rented a room in the state capital of the state I served and started my life. Even when they want to visit,I refused

2 Likes

Re: I Am Depressed Due To Excess Billing From Home by virginchaser(m): 4:05pm On Oct 24, 2022
Eastcoastboy:

Are you happy about the decision at last?

I think in all fairness your Pop should chill and allow you build your self to some certain extent before he starts expecting you to get him a new ride.

It's okay to change his tires or fix up his ride whenever it goes bad but expecting you to get him a new ride is an "entitlement mentality" to me, it might be borne out of pressure from what his friends are getting tho.

But mehn! No pressure yourself. He who decides to get married and bore children should be able to take care of those children and not expect anything back other than love and the necessary things that's expected of a child when the time comes.

Because as far I'm concerned the child didn't beg to be given birth to. Thank you sir.

NB: I'm not sir from all indications I feel you're older than me.

All these happened some years back but worth shearing. Shalom.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

30 Manners Every One Should Know. / Pregnant Woman Caught Pant Down With Another Man (photos) / Nigerian Ladies! Lessons To Learn From Gov Chime's Wife's Situation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.