Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,396 members, 7,853,757 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:30 PM

Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate (43882 Views)

Flood: Lagos Orders Residents Of Alagbole, Meiran, Kara, Others To Relocate / UK Government Advises Citizens To Avoid 7 Nigerian States With High Violence / Commuters Forced To Ride On Horses On Mile12 - Ikorodu Road As Traffic Worsens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by madjune(m): 8:34pm On Oct 23, 2022
This is the Lagos that somebody built.

Make I no mention name.

Na only agberoes he build o.
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by sammirano: 8:37pm On Oct 23, 2022
Corporate2020:

Relocate to your state. Simple. Must you die in another man's land?

The only sensible comment. Idiots shouting relocate to where as if they don't have State of Origin. They should die in Lagos.
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by DeLaRue: 8:38pm On Oct 23, 2022
NoToPile:
We complain about everything. They have given us a heads up, it's complaint again.

Nawa oo.

There is a deep seated problem in Nigeria.

People are not realistic about the capacity of government.

They expect government to spoon feed them.

Government cant do everything.

1 Like

Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 23, 2022
I sympathize with the victims of the flood, but Lagos State had already told these people to relocate.

Listen carefully, no government in this world can ever keep Lagos in order without decongesting it. And if they try to do it, people will start shouting.

I have read above where posters ask the Lagps State government to provide camps for the people. Please, where exactly do you want them to set up such camps? Lagos is too congested for goodness sake.

There is absolutely nothing Lagos can do about this present situation as it is. Yes, I blame Lagos State for corruption going on there just like all the states in Nigeria.

In this region that is affected, there is nothing less than 7 million people. Where exactly do you want Lagos to keep these people? The number of people without accommodation is more than those with. Those living in markets (illegal) around mile 12, Ketu, and Ojota are enough to give any government headaches. It is like saying the government should provide emergency homes for millions of homeless people when people with homes are in trouble also. Can't homeless people relocate to their villages? Must they live in Lagos by force?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by sammirano: 8:41pm On Oct 23, 2022
LagosIsForIgbos:

My Igbo brothers, the owners of Lagos, please do not leave Lagos. The flood is a plan to remove us from our land. We are going nowhere!

Lagos belongs to the Igbo's!

Mumu you will be sent packing soon

1 Like

Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by tuzle(m): 8:43pm On Oct 23, 2022
Joniww:
Relocate to lekki.
Empty houses full there
u want to provide the funds they will use to relocate abi. U see people staying in an area called ketu and mile12 and u are suggesting lekki for them.
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by wowcatty: 8:44pm On Oct 23, 2022
There's nothing God can't do! Every problem we think is too big can be leveled just like that. I remember just thinking to myself a few weeks ago about how God can use tsunami to solve Yoruba's problem and help us reclaim our water ways and turn the concrete slabs of lekki Ajah back to a serene resort lined island and paradise.
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by DeLaRue: 8:45pm On Oct 23, 2022
From what environmental scientists are saying, unprecedented flooding and other environmental catastrophes are going to be a more regular feature of mankind's existence in the future.

Only God can save many parts of Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by olatuns2017: 8:46pm On Oct 23, 2022
nlfpmod:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/flood-lagos-govt-raises-alarm-tells-residents-in-ketu-mile12-others-to-relocate/

Ogun river mind yourself ooo

I trust Lagos Sanwolu

Ibos go back to your states

We will soon close ladipp because of flood

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by LagosIsForIgbos: 8:46pm On Oct 23, 2022
sammirano:

Mumu you will be sent packing soon

I know f00ls like you will quote me. Dirty niggas always looking predictable, as always.
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by NoToPile: 8:48pm On Oct 23, 2022
DeLaRue:

There is a deep seated problem in Nigeria.

People are not realistic about the capacity of government.

They expect government to spoon feed them.

Government cant do everything.

I honestly don't understand, sane people will have it at the back of their mind that they can be expected move at anytime and prepare for it. It might not happen but just prepare that's all.

We are talking about life and death here people are talking about money to move out, is it not at least leaving that location to a higher plain if it happens.
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Peppysco: 8:50pm On Oct 23, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
More IDP camps for Tinubu's megacity

Only a fool wouldn't know that flooding is a global problem

1 Like

Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Emilia154(f): 8:50pm On Oct 23, 2022
Hmm,God abeg o,make e no reach ajegunle o
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by HardMirror(m): 8:54pm On Oct 23, 2022
KillSars:
E dey necessary make pesin dey watch the location where hin wan take build or rent house now o, make OYO no go be the case...

Flood no be anybody mate..

Lagos is the smallest state in Nigeria surrounded by water, I don't know why people still dey overpopulate am... over 21million and hin dey increase with about 3% every year...
It's time people should start reasoning things o, everything no be government...
u spoke well
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by COMPAQ(m): 8:54pm On Oct 23, 2022
nlfpmod:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/flood-lagos-govt-raises-alarm-tells-residents-in-ketu-mile12-others-to-relocate/
Of recent times a number of press releases from the Lagos state government have made comments saying that one third of Lagos is under sea level! What exactly is the science that backs it up? If parts of Lagos is under sea level, then where are the dykes that are holding the water back?

We just like to make silly, unsubstantiated comments in this part of the world to mask our incompetence in dealing with floods.

All we need is to keep existing drainages free from refuse at all times. We don't even need n new ones. In some parts of VI, you won't even know that drainage is in some areas. All totally blocked!

1 Like

Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by HardMirror(m): 8:54pm On Oct 23, 2022
Emilia154:
Hmm,God abeg o,make e no reach ajegunle o
it will
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Bobbiee: 8:55pm On Oct 23, 2022
I've been saying it a long time, only a good number of deaths would finally unite Nigerians. Everyone needs to chop breakfast. Maybe last last they'll finally have sense. God needs to punish NIGERIA with fire and brimstone and flood, because the people here are as dumb as cows. Low IQ individuals

1 Like

Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by wowcatty: 8:59pm On Oct 23, 2022
Maybe they expect Sanwo-Olu to go with a straw and drink up the water or with a mop.

Yoruba need to start ignoring demands from squatters, paying them attention will make them demand things they can't give others in their region.

Everyone needs to start moving to their regions and let their governors take care of them. Yoruba states have to take care of Yoruba first and then extend help to outsiders if there is enough. If federal govt brings money, then that can be shared to everyone equally. Same way other regions should take care of their people first(hehehe tele nko? As if that's not what they would do 365/yr) no matter what.

God has a way of showing up o, I fear God even more now!
PeaceJoyLove:
I sympathize with the victims of the flood, but Lagos State had already told these people to relocate.

Listen carefully, no government in this world can ever keep Lagos in order without decongesting it. And if they try to do it, people will start shouting.

I have read above where posters ask the Lagps State government to provide camps for the people. Please, where exactly do you want them to set up such camps? Lagos is too congested for goodness sake.

There is absolutely nothing Lagos can do about this present situation as it is. Yes, I blame Lagos State for corruption going on there just like all the states in Nigeria.

In this region that is affected, there is nothing less than 7 million people. Where exactly do you want Lagos to keep these people? The number of people without accommodation is more than those with. Those living in markets (illegal) around mile 12, Ketu, and Ojota are enough to give any government headaches. It is like saying the government should provide emergency homes for millions of homeless people when people with homes are in trouble also. Can't homeless people relocate to their villages? Must they live in Lagos by force?
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Opexzy: 9:02pm On Oct 23, 2022
Cyntie55:
Did you give the residents money to relocate? Or did you build house for them to relocate into? Or do you want all the residents of ketu, mile 12 and others to relocate to your house??

So they should just wake up in the morning and relocate without plans. You didn't make any provision for them and you're telling them to relocate... Relocate to where?

I thought this governor is wise.

You people are just raving mad... Government do this all the time, even in so called "saner climes".
You can never appreciate anything. If they didn't warn them earlier you will still come here and open mouth like mad dog.

3 Likes

Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Goalgetter23(m): 9:04pm On Oct 23, 2022
Corridon:
Relocate to where exactly? Lagos is congested already and you are telling people to relocate! Maybe for them to relocate to the lagoon.

Just sit there and be asking dunce questions on Nairaland. Lagos is a coastal city, most of those floods especially from the Southern zones redirects itself into the Lagos lagoon, thereby increasing the water level which could end up flooding those areas close to the coastal areas.

When it happens & they lose valuable properties, they won't say they were warned.

1 Like

Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by warlordd(m): 9:09pm On Oct 23, 2022
If Ketu should relocate, then Ojota must be involved.
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by kologba: 9:17pm On Oct 23, 2022
Time to relocate to ibafo where my property dey....the 1 wey I do for Lagos don reach
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by sameks08(m): 9:18pm On Oct 23, 2022
probably relocate to village or to the lagoon since you can not crate available or temporary residents for them. failed government
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Sleekfingers: 9:22pm On Oct 23, 2022
DeLaRue:

So, you would prefer that the government sounds no warning.

Do you know any government in the history of mankind that successfully relocated 3 million people because of possible flooding.

It is impossible.

Some state capitals in Nigeria do not have up to 1 million residents. So, where will Lagos state find the land and the resources to relocate people to a space the size of 3 state capitals.

Even the USA , the richest country in the world, can't do it.

Whatever it takes, people living in the affected areas should seriously consider moving out of those places temporarily until the danger subsides. Even if it means moving out children & their mothers, the elderly etc and your valuables for now.

I have no problem with the warning. What's the provisions on ground?
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Blacklion3: 9:27pm On Oct 23, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
More IDP camps for Tinubu's megacity
grin grin
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Allisgud: 9:29pm On Oct 23, 2022
Watch how the elite will take the nearest private jet and runaway with Thier family when flood take over the country
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by wowcatty: 9:35pm On Oct 23, 2022
He or she wants the residents to be a sitting duck so they can turn around and scream "massacre" as usual even if nobody dies.
Opexzy:

You people are just raving mad... Government do this all the time, even in so called "saner climes".
You can never appreciate anything. If they didn't warn them earlier you will still come here and open mouth like mad dog.
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by nedekid: 9:41pm On Oct 23, 2022
Cyntie55:
Did you give the residents money to relocate? Or did you build house for them to relocate into? Or do you want all the residents of ketu, mile 12 and others to relocate to your house??

So they should just wake up in the morning and relocate without plans. You didn't make any provision for them and you're telling them to relocate... Relocate to where?

I thought this governor is wise.
It is advisory.
Anyway, they will relocate any which way.

1 Like

Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Lanre1st(m): 9:44pm On Oct 23, 2022
Corridon:
Relocate to where exactly? Lagos is congested already and you are telling people to relocate! Maybe for them to relocate to the lagoon.

To go back to their fruitless and forbidden land, Biafra, they are more of problem to Lagos
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by ufuosman(m): 9:54pm On Oct 23, 2022
Life first
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by SleepingDog: 9:55pm On Oct 23, 2022
It's a big lie. Flood can never affect Lagos state that Tinubu took time to build
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Ance4Liverpool: 9:58pm On Oct 23, 2022
Relocate to asorock abi
Nigerians please vote wisely ooo
Obidient is better than sacrifice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Celebrates His Sixth Accident With No Scratch And Got These Replies (photos) / 2 Female Police Officers Die In Car Crash While On Their Way To Akwa Ibom (Pix) / Pictures Of The Marina Train Station For The Lagos Blue Rail Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.