Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,411 members, 7,853,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:11 AM

Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate (43886 Views)

Flood: Lagos Orders Residents Of Alagbole, Meiran, Kara, Others To Relocate / UK Government Advises Citizens To Avoid 7 Nigerian States With High Violence / Commuters Forced To Ride On Horses On Mile12 - Ikorodu Road As Traffic Worsens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Corridon: 3:47pm On Oct 24, 2022
Originalsly:

Must the government think and do everything for you? If you choose to stay put... do so. If you choose to relocate to the lagoon... I wish you do... Lagos will have less dead weight to carry.
Always in a haste to support this evil administration. Why did you run away from Nigeria if you so much love it?

1 Like

Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by vengertime: 6:09pm On Oct 24, 2022
UrPapa:
flood will come from bayelsa to Lagos or what?

You still want to argue with me if the flood is heading to Lagos or not
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by AlphaTaikun: 7:48pm On Oct 24, 2022
Cyntie55:
Did you give the residents money to relocate? Or did you build house for them to relocate into? Or do you want all the residents of ketu, mile 12 and others to relocate to your house??

So they should just wake up in the morning and relocate without plans. You didn't make any provision for them and you're telling them to relocate... Relocate to where?

I thought this governor is wise.
Cyntie55,

You're based in Benin City and are not familiar with that part of Lagos State.

Your post is misleading and reeks of transfered aggression and ignorance here. I know you to be more intelligent than this based on your previous threads that I've read in the past.

The floodings have to do with the low land or swampy areas NOT the whole of Ketu and Mile 12 axis! Houses were built illegally in those low lands and the folks have to move away almost annually to safer grounds.

The Lagos State Government has always provided temporary shelters and relief for these people in times of floods caused by climate change and the annual release of water from the Oyan dam in Ogun State which flows right into Lagos State, so you don't have to criticise the intelligence or how wise Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu and his team are.

The folks themselves are very stubborn for building houses in those swampy areas years ago.

Hope this helps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by AlphaTaikun: 7:57pm On Oct 24, 2022
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Originalsly: 9:59pm On Oct 24, 2022
Corridon:

Always in a haste to support this evil administration. Why did you run away from Nigeria if you so much love it?

Is it the FG that gave the advisory?... or the State Government? And you are calling this advice evil. Unbelievable. I ran away o ... too many like you.... my sanity was in danger.
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Corridon: 4:53am On Oct 25, 2022
Originalsly:

Is it the FG that gave the advisory?... or the State Government? And you are calling this advice evil. Unbelievable. I ran away o ... too many like you.... my sanity was in danger.
Where in my post did I called the advice evil? If you so much believe in this administration I think you should be here to witness and enjoy it and not running away on a flimsy excuse.
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Originalsly: 6:26am On Oct 25, 2022
Corridon:

Where in my post did I called the advice evil? If you so much believe in this administration I think you should be here to witness and enjoy it and not running away on a flimsy excuse.

I know it is difficult to stop blaming the FG for everything. This topic has to do with Lagos State ... the advisory came from Lagos State Government... I pointed this out to you before ... yet you are stuck on the FG. Even if it were from the FG ... because I agree with this advisory means I believe in the administration? Stop exposing yourself. A d why try make it about me?

When you don't like the message .... attack the messenger.
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Cryofigbos: 12:18pm On Oct 25, 2022
XerXers:
But the builder of Lagos is donating Lagos taxpayers money to Kano that is not even prone to flooding while his Lagos is submerged. I don't even know afonja obsession with Kano votes. Buhari has been winning Kano since 2003 but failing the election

Submerged u say, r u mistaken lagos for Anambra.....flood wey never even reach here......why do most of u cry up and down

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Celebrates His Sixth Accident With No Scratch And Got These Replies (photos) / Pictures Of The Marina Train Station For The Lagos Blue Rail Line / 2 Female Police Officers Die In Car Crash While On Their Way To Akwa Ibom (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.