Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,980 members, 7,835,282 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate (43805 Views)

Flood: Lagos Orders Residents Of Alagbole, Meiran, Kara, Others To Relocate / UK Government Advises Citizens To Avoid 7 Nigerian States With High Violence / Commuters Forced To Ride On Horses On Mile12 - Ikorodu Road As Traffic Worsens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Cantonese: 8:01pm On Oct 23, 2022
Cyntie55:
Did you give the residents money to relocate? Or did you build house for them to relocate into? Or do you want to all the residents of ketu, mile 12 and others to relocate to your house??

So they should just wake up in the morning and relocate without plans. You didn't make any provision for them and you're telling them to relocate... Relocate to where?

I thought this governor is wise.

They may not wake up in the morning on dry land if they do not heed the warming

Government has given the necessary advise. Citizens have the responsibility to listen. When huge storms, tsunamis, etc threaten citizens and states, government informs them and ask them to relocate for their safety. It may be difficult or tasking financially, but staying safe is of prime importance.

At this period of the year citizens who reside along the flood prone zones are aware, as they see the rising water. Some do not wait, as water overruns them speedily.

In all, government has the major role of dredging the rivers and building dams. Once those are in place, the threat becomes far reduced.

3 Likes

Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by juniior(m): 8:01pm On Oct 23, 2022
Useless apc cheesy

1 Like

Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by uptownemmygee(m): 8:02pm On Oct 23, 2022
TinubuPikin:
Nawa o

If you no get where to go, come my side for Benin City. Job still dey sure for you.

Note Strictly for single ladies though

Una normal normal hustle nah
Oloshosho things nah
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Benchilwell: 8:02pm On Oct 23, 2022
Anybody using flood case that is happening everywhere in d world,even country that are advance to play tribelism,is a fool and be a foolish idiot forever,may tribelism of hate rule u and ur children in d future.
And I pity pple living in highland.
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by 07kjb: 8:03pm On Oct 23, 2022
CelestineNelson:
I remember the federal government warning people living around the water bodies...

So were did the government made provision for them?
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by tamdun: 8:05pm On Oct 23, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
More IDP camps for Tinubu's megacity

Osuji, they need ur attention in Anambra

Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Grandmeister(m): 8:06pm On Oct 23, 2022
XerXers:
But the builder of Lagos is donating Lagos taxpayers money to Kano that is not even prone to flooding while his Lagos is submerged. I don't even know afonja obsession with Kano votes. Buhari has been winning Kano since 2003 but failing the election
Me neither. Buhari won Kano and kastina in 2003, 2007 and 2011 and still lost the election. He got 12 million votes in the north in 2011 and still lost. I don’t know when the north alone became enough to make you president in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by kabanayol9(m): 8:06pm On Oct 23, 2022
Cyntie55:
Did you give the residents money to relocate? Or did you build house for them to relocate into? Or do you want to all the residents of ketu, mile 12 and others to relocate to your house??

So they should just wake up in the morning and relocate without plans. You didn't make any provision for them and you're telling them to relocate... Relocate to where?

Well said Cynthia.
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Uncletony(m): 8:08pm On Oct 23, 2022
To where?!
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by UrPapa: 8:09pm On Oct 23, 2022
vengertime:
Only a fool won't know that all that flood water is heading to Lagos State
flood will come from bayelsa to Lagos or what?
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Ezmans: 8:10pm On Oct 23, 2022
Where will they relocate to?
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 23, 2022
Another land grab in motion.
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Ajiswaggs(m): 8:11pm On Oct 23, 2022
Cyntie55:

At least they have alert them now. So they won't blame the Government when it eventually happens.

2 Likes

Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Paulianfa(m): 8:11pm On Oct 23, 2022
Corridon:
Relocate to where exactly? Lagos is congested already and you are telling people to relocate! Maybe for them to relocate to the lagoon.

Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Beloxxxi: 8:12pm On Oct 23, 2022
God is washing every part of Nigeria from bad deeds and political failures. This floods is a sign

Vote PO
Vote Labour Party
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 23, 2022
The Lagos Tinubu built.

LeoDeKing, , yyba, Abdul05, ihordspy, aribisala0, ShortIGBOman, yorubaisgreat, femisplash, pricklewane, Omenka, KGD10 and other Agbadorians of the Diocese of Drugnubu were busy laughing at Anambra and Peter Obi just recently.

Can they now see that those pointing fingers at others have 4 other pointing back at them?

Nonsense and Tinubu undecided
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by frozen70(f): 8:15pm On Oct 23, 2022
Corridon:
Relocate to where exactly? Lagos is congested already and you are telling people to relocate! Maybe for them to relocate to the lagoon.

Exactly my question

Assuming there is a place made for them to relocate, then it's a good idea

When i hear relocate, relocate to where exactly
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Dshocker(m): 8:17pm On Oct 23, 2022
Problem, relocate to where kwanu?
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Atlantis585: 8:18pm On Oct 23, 2022
nlfpmod:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/10/flood-lagos-govt-raises-alarm-tells-residents-in-ketu-mile12-others-to-relocate/

Meanwhile Tinubu has nothing to say or give to his own people but has 100 million Naira for Kano State people.

Kwankwaso 2023!
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Sleekfingers: 8:19pm On Oct 23, 2022
In ketu and mile 12, there are close to 3million people residing there. Where do they want them to relocate to? Maybe lagos state house. . ...or inside the lagoon...awon yeye people. ..
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by osazsky(m): 8:21pm On Oct 23, 2022
UrPapa:
flood will come from bayelsa to Lagos or what?
Cameroon is releasing the flood in batches my friend in Cameroon who is very close to the president that the one they are preparing for Lagos was suppose to be for 8 states but they decided to give all to only Lagos since they are already inside water so that people wont notice they will tag it natural disaster
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by DeLaRue: 8:22pm On Oct 23, 2022
OfficialP:
Provide a place to relocate to na, it's time to show how proactive you are, Sanwolu

Lagos state government has done what responsible governments around the world do - warn their citizens of impending danger. It is now up to individuals living in those areas to decide what to do.

No government in the world can relocate hundreds of thousands of people, just like that.

Not even in America.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Sonfethopia: 8:23pm On Oct 23, 2022
Dididrumz:
Flood is supposed to be going down or halting by now. They're still telling people to relocate?

What's happening?

This one is a new flood on the Lagos river. A dam is Ogun is released. Different from the Cameron dam
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by QuoteJustOnce: 8:23pm On Oct 23, 2022
osazsky:
Cameroon is releasing the flood in batches my friend in Cameroon who is very close to the president that the one they are preparing for Lagos was suppose to be for 8 states but they decided to give all to only Lagos since they are already inside water so that people wont notice they will tag it natural disaster

Beer parlour gist. my friend this my friend that
So Cameroon can now control which state in Nigeria they want to release water to
I see.

4 Likes

Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by excell0001: 8:24pm On Oct 23, 2022
Una grand pa dey donate "100m,200m" every time for north .una never see anything until una eye go clear.
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by MICHEALADEX(m): 8:25pm On Oct 23, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
More IDP camps for Tinubu's megacity
how do you feel when you type nonsense?
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by DeLaRue: 8:28pm On Oct 23, 2022
Sleekfingers:
In ketu and mile 12, there are close to 3million people residing there. Where do they want them to relocate to? Maybe lagos state house. . ...or inside the lagoon...awon yeye people. ..

So, you would prefer that the government sounds no warning.

Do you know any government in the history of mankind that successfully relocated 3 million people because of possible flooding.

It is impossible.

Some state capitals in Nigeria do not have up to 1 million residents. So, where will Lagos state find the land and the resources to relocate people to a space the size of 3 state capitals.

Even the USA , the richest country in the world, can't do it.

Whatever it takes, people living in the affected areas should seriously consider moving out of those places temporarily until the danger subsides. Even if it means moving out children & their mothers, the elderly etc and your valuables for now.

2 Likes

Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Yomit71(m): 8:28pm On Oct 23, 2022
Cyntie55:

He's wiser than your dad though
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by NoToPile: 8:30pm On Oct 23, 2022
We complain about everything. They have given us a heads up, it's complaint again.

Nawa oo.

1 Like

Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by Onyi90(m): 8:33pm On Oct 23, 2022
Re: Flood: Lagos Government Advises Residents Of Ketu, Mile12, Others To Relocate by AfonjaConehead: 8:33pm On Oct 23, 2022
Ketu especially,oh mehn!!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

US: Why We Rejected 44.9% Of Nigerian Nonimmigrant B Visa Applications In 2017 / Abakaliki In Pictures / Passengers Rush To Board An Over-booked Arik Flight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.