Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,420 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:18 AM

Money Is Bullshit - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Money Is Bullshit (865 Views)

I'm Tired Of Nigerian Girls Why ...... See Bullshit. / Marriage Is Bullshit, Love Is A Scam To Me. / If Money Is Delaying You From Getting Married, Read This (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Money Is Bullshit by Obc1234(m): 11:19pm On Oct 23, 2022
I was shocked today as I was on my way to barbing salon I saw this beautiful girl, she was standing at brothel gate, She was completely out of my league and out of the league of my whole group. But she was there, standing, ready to sell the most important part of her body

I usually don’t judge people. But for a girl like her, standing for just 1000 or 2000 per night, I knew something was odd.

I felt a deep urge to go and talk to her. But I stopped as people who sell their bodies have no room for talking.

I was scrutinizing her from a distance when a man came there, drunk, and talked with her. She sat in his car, later, and he drove away swiftly.

If we analyze the situation closely there’s only one reason she’s doing it— money.

Money makes us do things that we don’t imagine in our dreams when we are young. It makes us degrade ourselves. And it makes us question our values in life.

Saying money is not important holds when you’re no longer a part of this materialistic world. When you join monkhood. But once you’re into this world that makes us unhuman— you need money. You need money as you’re scared of death or fame or status.

Money is bullshit.

And we chase the bullshit throughout our lives.

8 Likes

Re: Money Is Bullshit by pansophist(m): 12:58am On Oct 24, 2022
I feel your pain man, it is sad. The true test of a person's virtue is when they are down, then you will know if they will sell their soul for the materialism of this world, or stand firm in the face of it (E.g the story of Job in the bible). Prostitutes are women that sold their souls because if they tame their need for material things, there are many jobs they can do and make money legitly.

No matter how bad the economy is, no society will ever justify a thief's action, same goes with prostitution. Also, the state of humans is a very sad tale. You mention the word ''monk'', I guess you may appreciate that lifestyle, then what I am trying to say should be easily understandable to you.

Humanity is just as debased as other species, we are just blessed with the consciousness, to think, which makes us explore areas such as morality, law, justice, science, etc, that makes us tolerate and live with ourselves. But at the very primal level, the human specie is a sad tale. You just experience one of them, welcome to reality.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Money Is Bullshit by annetty: 1:21am On Oct 24, 2022
I feel you, man.
Re: Money Is Bullshit by RighteousDemon: 1:32am On Oct 24, 2022
No woman unmarried is out of ur league except/unless you're totally wretched that inferiority complex has made ur worthlessness pronounced.

7 Likes

Re: Money Is Bullshit by Honchoslim16(m): 7:24am On Oct 24, 2022
Shе tryna have a good time, she wanna come with us
Re: Money Is Bullshit by AndroidAI(m): 10:06pm On Oct 24, 2022
How do you know she's out of your league if not poor self esteem? You need help more than that lady.

1 Like

Re: Money Is Bullshit by begoniaa: 11:07pm On Oct 24, 2022
pansophist:
I feel your pain man, it is sad. The true test of a person's virtue is when they are down, then you will know if they will sell their soul for the materialism of this world, or stand firm in the face of it (E.g the story of Job in the bible).

Mehnnn. cheesy I have felt tested in this aspect in the last few days but, omo. Thank God for God sha. God dey; it's not something I want to go into, but I just want to say this resonated so much with me.

Other future tests like this come dey fear me.

Prostitutes are women that sold their souls because if they tame their need for material things, there are many jobs they can do and make money legitly.

This is not the whole picture of prostitution sha. There is a systematic angle and cause to it. Women who became prostitutes voluntarily and for greed are in the minority, but sadly, they have the loudest voices and access to social media and shit, so everybody is always seeing all the flashy, bling bling, this-is-my-choice-because-I-am-a-nymphomaniac narrative.

And it's even more heartbreaking for me that there aren't documentation and statistics for Nigeria here.

The majority of prostituted women were forced into it, as under-ages and from a familial background, and they have an history of abuse and pimping. And these things, compounded and magnified makes it all the more hard and complex to break away from.

No matter how bad the economy is, no society will ever justify a thief's action, same goes with prostitution.

But while both may be considered moral flaws, a prostitute is doing no harm to anyone, compared to...what kind of a thief? Me I will justify a thief that steals to eat sha. Not an hardened gun-carrying criminal that terrorises and inflicts pain on people and their families.

Exactly the same way prostituted women have my empathy, and other involuntarily helpless subgroup of people you can find in the society.

Also, the state of humans is a very sad tale. You mention the word ''monk'', I guess you may appreciate that lifestyle, then what I am trying to say should be easily understandable to you.

Humanity is just as debased as other species, we are just blessed with the consciousness, to think, which makes us explore areas such as morality, law, justice, science, etc, that makes us tolerate and live with ourselves. But at the very primal level, the human specie is a sad tale. You just experience one of them, welcome to reality.

Reminds of Hobbes' State of Nature, and in contrast to More's Utopia.

Either of the two shouldn't be, and I agree with this bolded. I find it utterly pessimistic and nihilistic for the debased state to be the standard. Or should continue to be... because if that is how humanity, at its core is, what's the need of social movements and groups and causes and ideals? Good behaviour? And every other positive notions people espouse?

The world can definitely not be an Utopia, but actively and objectively, I believe it is a duty for everyone to try to move away from that perverse "reality" as much as possible.

Oh, and some people will say this consciousness is from "evolution." lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Ok o.

1 Like

Re: Money Is Bullshit by Ballzproblemm: 11:09pm On Oct 24, 2022
unless na Beyonce, Rihanna,there's no woman on Earth I will classify as out of your league

1 Like

Re: Money Is Bullshit by begoniaa: 11:19pm On Oct 24, 2022
Obc1234:
If we analyze the situation closely there’s only one reason she’s doing it— money.

Closely?

I'll think it's from your perspective? I am glad as you didn't want to judge her, and perhaps you could have held onto that stance.

There are a lot of factors, especially psychologically, that are not seen to you.

And do you even mean "money" as greed or "money" as a need?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Money Is Bullshit by Obc1234(m): 11:24pm On Oct 24, 2022
Both but more like greed
begoniaa:

Closely?

I'll think it's from your perspective? I am glad as you didn't want to judge her, and perhaps you could have held onto that stance.

There are a lot of factors, especially psychologically, that are not seen to you.

Re: Money Is Bullshit by pansophist(m): 11:25pm On Oct 24, 2022
Begoniaa come choose peace with me today sha, this is unlike you. You don give your life to Christ? shocked
Re: Money Is Bullshit by begoniaa: 11:33pm On Oct 24, 2022
Obc1234:
Both but more like greed

And the only missing *piece* here is her backstory.

Sighs. Prostitution gets me real emotional, I don't want to go too much into it, see.

And I am even this "cool-headed" in addressing your post because, unlike other guys, you were not ***** judgmental.

You came from a place of reality and common sense, not the usual "women are evil, all of them are the same, they don't deserve to live" and bla bla bla the guys are always crooning here.

2 Likes

Re: Money Is Bullshit by begoniaa: 11:35pm On Oct 24, 2022
pansophist:
Begoniaa come choose peace with me today sha, this is unlike you. You don give your life to Christ? shocked

Ohhh. cheesy I guess you're a beneficiary too then.

I've been semi-chilled, since like, in the last 58 hours or so.

I do not guarantee another encounter will be like this.

1 Like

Re: Money Is Bullshit by Starz825(m): 11:38pm On Oct 24, 2022
AndroidAI:
How do you know she's out of your league if not poor self esteem? You need help more than that lady.
She is a prostitute...
So she is out of my league cheesy
We don't do them
We hiss when we go past them
Re: Money Is Bullshit by pansophist(m): 12:17am On Oct 25, 2022
begoniaa:

Ohhh. cheesy I guess you're a beneficiary too then.

I've been semi-chilled, since like, in the last 58 hours or so.

I do not guarantee another encounter will be like this.

Violence no fit you. For my head, you sound so soft. You be choir?
Re: Money Is Bullshit by begoniaa: 12:33am On Oct 25, 2022
pansophist:
Violence no fit you. For my head, you sound so soft. You be choir?

According to multiple, subjective sources, I don't know how to use my voice, so no, I no be choir. grin

As for vawulence, don't even try to understand that part about me, lmao. I do anyhow as I want as my SPIRIT, not sex, leads. Na politics section turn to see am (that side of me) now, but omo, those guys were born, bred, and buttered in violence embarassed.

I go soon find a mentor sha, and I'll be good to go.

1 Like

Re: Money Is Bullshit by pansophist(m): 12:57am On Oct 25, 2022
begoniaa:

According to multiple, subjective sources, I don't know how to use my voice, so no, I no be choir. grin

As for vawulence, don't even try to understand that part about me, lmao. I do anyhow as I want as my SPIRIT, not sex, leads. Na politics section turn to see am (that side of me) now, but omo, those guys were born, bred, and buttered in violence embarassed.

I go soon find a mentor sha, and I'll be good to go.

Mtcheew, na mouth you get. No be woman you be? Just one gunshot now, you go run enter kitchen go wash plate, and leave the stage for real men wey carry violence for gene grin

1 Like

Re: Money Is Bullshit by begoniaa: 1:05am On Oct 25, 2022
pansophist:
Mtcheew, na mouth you get. No be woman you be? Just one gunshot now, you go run enter kitchen go wash plate, and leave the stage for real men wey carry violence for gene grin

Thankfully, we're not in that era of constant violence and I have plenty choices of paths, of which none involve brawns. grin

All I need is my wits, brains and professionalism for me to be at the top of many "strong men" lmao.

- from a staunch admirer of @firstladyship, @AmazonTopaz, Ndi Kato, Amina J. Muhammed, (small of) Aisha Yesufu, and other women political thought leaders

2 Likes

Re: Money Is Bullshit by Autobot05: 7:16am On Oct 25, 2022
begoniaa:

Closely?

It could be both ... it first starts with money for need then money for greed
Re: Money Is Bullshit by Obc1234(m): 8:40am On Oct 25, 2022
Women are not evil likewise men some men are bad the same with some women, yeah I'm not judgemental, there are situations we may find ourselves and left with no option than to do the worst, what if her mother that she loves was in hospital with No hospital bill and she is in die mode to see her out and so many other reasons for her to do so. women also engage in prostitute because of greediness the way some men do money ritual or Yahoo, but is very sad, like myself as example I was so penniless that I thought of joining Yahoo or anything that I can get money from but I thank God he saved me from all that
begoniaa:

And the only missing *piece* here is her backstory.

Sighs. Prostitution gets me real emotional, I don't want to go too much into it, see.

And I am even this "cool-headed" in addressing your post because, unlike other guys, you were not ***** judgmental.

You came from a place of reality and common sense, not the usual "women are evil, all of them are the same, they don't deserve to live" and bla bla bla the guys are always crooning here.
Re: Money Is Bullshit by AndroidAI(m): 9:45am On Oct 25, 2022
Starz825:

She is a prostitute...
So she is out of my league cheesy
We don't do them
We hiss when we go past them

I understand now. Thought you meant the other way round.
Re: Money Is Bullshit by DonroxyII: 12:59pm On Oct 25, 2022
Obc1234:
I was shocked today as I was on my way to barbing salon I saw this beautiful girl, she was standing at brothel gate, She was completely out of my league and out of the league of my whole group. But she was there, standing, ready to sell the most important part of her body

I usually don’t judge people. But for a girl like her, standing for just 1000 or 2000 per night, I knew something was odd.

I felt a deep urge to go and talk to her. But I stopped as people who sell their bodies have no room for talking.

I was scrutinizing her from a distance when a man came there, drunk, and talked with her. She sat in his car, later, and he drove away swiftly.

Money makes us do things that we don’t imagine in our dreams when we are young. It makes us degrade ourselves. And it makes us question our values in life.

Saying money is not important holds when you’re no longer a part of this materialistic world. When you join monkhood. But once you’re into this world that makes us unhuman— you need money. You need money as you’re scared of death or fame or status.

Money is bullshit.

And we chase the bullshit throughout our lives.

You can make Money from Other Ventures not Just Prostitutions therefore Her Case Might be Beyond Money ... That's just Her way of Life ...

Money is Important and Very very Important But Only Second to the Most Important Gift of Life which is "Knowledge" !!

The Girl lacks Knowledge!

Knowledge is the Light of the Brain, The Darker the Brain, the More Light(Knowledge) it Requires to Be free from Enslavement!

(1) (Reply)

This Toothache Wan Kee Me / Clubs Or Bars To Watch Live Fuckin / Spiritual Meaning Of Mango Dream

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.