Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,484 members, 7,812,507 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:28 PM

Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM (20205 Views)

Rishi Sunak: 18 Things To Know About Incoming UK Prime Minister (Photos) / Rishi Sunak To Become UK PM Tomorrow, After Meeting With King Charles / UK PM: Boris Johnson Withdraws From Race As Rishi Sunak Tipped To Succeed Truss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by tishbite41(m): 3:26pm On Oct 24, 2022
SmartPolician:
Where's Chuka Harrison Umunna? shocked

That dude ought to be competing in this race.
He lost his seat in 2019
He's not in active politics now
Working with JPMorgan Chase
Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by tishbite41(m): 3:26pm On Oct 24, 2022
seunmsg:

How is he going to become the prime minister when he’s not even a member of parliament? He left Labour Party and lost reelection to parliament at the last UK election.
I just checked that
Thanks
Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by tishbite41(m): 3:28pm On Oct 24, 2022
michigang:
He might get booted out next month
Anything can happen

1 Like

Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by michigang: 3:29pm On Oct 24, 2022
mickeymimi:
Rishi is Asian African
Rishi's father is from Kenya though an Indian decent, and his mother is from Tanzania.
get out. Both parents are from india

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by mickeymimi: 3:29pm On Oct 24, 2022
Bigchristo:
I totally agree with you on this, UK and racism imagine what they did to their black footballers when they lose any chances to score not to talk of someone holding Oval Office, well let’s hope it won’t end up like this

They might later warm up to him if he can truly deliver on all his promises . Being a millionaire and his wife a billionaire, the fear is he might not favour the poor pple. Rishi Sunak and his wife sit on a fortune of £730,000,000.The mood is so low in England right now. .the competition of who stays as the shortest PM begins.

1 Like

Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by mickeymimi: 3:31pm On Oct 24, 2022
michigang:
get out. Both parents are from india
ok but
Thats how he described his heritage . We are not fighting na
Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by toffyz(m): 3:31pm On Oct 24, 2022
emoboy4u:
Indian?
Definitely
Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by Bigchristo: 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2022
mickeymimi:

They might later warm up to him if he can truly deliver on all his promises . Being a millionaire and his wife a billionaire, the fear is he might not favour the poor pple. Rishi Sunak and his wife sit on a fortune of £730,000,000.The mood is so low in England right now. .the competition of who stays as the shortest PM begins.
men that guy is f#cking rich, well let’s hope for the better for him

1 Like

Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by michigang: 3:32pm On Oct 24, 2022
flexyrule:
Britain. Parents - Kenya
morøn. Both parents were born in kenya to indian families

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by Yusman316(m): 3:33pm On Oct 24, 2022
LawMan44:
tongue
WOW
A colored person in @10, Downing Street?
History about to be made.

We have already done that in Nigeria. A Sudanese/Nigerien rose to become President grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by tribalmall: 3:36pm On Oct 24, 2022
I am telling you can you imagine a daredevil criminal like the pandora kleptomaniac Peter Obi caught red handed looting over N250 million cash monthly from Anambra coffers using his governors convoy wanting to be president of this nation, this is aside the several millions of dollars he looted into his daughter's Gabrielle Pandora account O.

Nigeria need help I swear.

Iliveforever:
You keep wondering why we migrate to these countries.
Why won’t we migrate when we have notable well known thieves contesting for the position of the presidency in this country and we have people who will still vote for them. Not just financially made people but poor, unemployed, uneducated sets of people...

After 2023 elections, anybody I see begging on nairaland, only God knows the kind curse I’ll lay on such person.
Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by mbos: 3:37pm On Oct 24, 2022
counter colonization as indian blood leads UK
Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by AngelicBeing: 3:41pm On Oct 24, 2022
grin
Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by RestructureNig1: 3:45pm On Oct 24, 2022
Uptownerd:
Another UK Prime Minister to be appointed... Without ELECTION.

undecided

This people just dey deceive us with democracy, they are changing leaders without election. China better pass them

1 Like

Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by abuhusna1: 3:46pm On Oct 24, 2022
Prechgold1180:
This one way everybody Dey withdraw

Omo something Dey wey dem nur Dey tell us

Governance is hard these days especially in westerner world they have metrics to measure if you doing it right or not
Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by Youoareofoolish: 3:51pm On Oct 24, 2022
Prechgold1180:

Omo the job go make you lose hair
na for naija this na juicy post
Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by mickeymimi: 3:53pm On Oct 24, 2022
Bigchristo:
men that guy is f#cking rich, well let’s hope for the better for him
I kinda think they will still probe his income again .

When they first started probing their income , they found that His wife owns £700m in shares of the Indian IT giant Infosys, founded by her father and did not pay her tax to the uk .
Being a non-domiciled UK resident (declared her permanent home to be in another country.) she is not required by law to pay UK taxes on her overseas income. She said cos she did not want to be a distraction to her hubby's career , she changed her tax arrangement to start paying .

Also he held US green card - allowing permanent residence in that country till last year while being a uk MP.. they questioned him on if there was there any tax advantage in doing so? .. I think he now gave it up.

They have been using that against him as well as his colour. I hope he performs well. He seems a nice guy.
HE just told them there is not going to be general election lol .
Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by michigang: 3:56pm On Oct 24, 2022
tishbite41:

Sonia Gandhi, an Italian, has rejected the offer to be Indian PM twice.
Blacks and Asians are not that bad.
are there afro indians in indian? Like we have african americans in america
Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by Cmanforall: 4:00pm On Oct 24, 2022
Prechgold1180:

And the guy left seems to have an Asian background.
I hope he will get support to succeed, and not been placed on the hot seat to be roasted
Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by Christian36: 4:00pm On Oct 24, 2022
The way this country is handling this issue of prime minister, I won't be surprise when a black man will take up that post, because it is only a black man that will take a post like that and refuse to step down.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by nony43(m): 4:06pm On Oct 24, 2022
donofdons:

That is how losers think. Focusing in the negative instead of the positives. No one is your problem. You are your problem.

You are a loser, and a problem to your whole being.
Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by Bigchristo: 4:13pm On Oct 24, 2022
mickeymimi:

I kinda think they will still probe his income again .

When they first started probing their income , they found that His wife owns £700m in shares of the Indian IT giant Infosys, founded by her father and did not pay her tax to the uk .
Being a non-domiciled UK resident (declared her permanent home to be in another country.) she is not required by law to pay UK taxes on her overseas income. She said cos she did not want to be a distraction to her hubby's career , she changed her tax arrangement to start paying .

Also he held US green card - allowing permanent residence in that country till last year while being a uk MP.. they questioned him on if there was there any tax advantage in doing so? .. I think he now gave it up.

They have been using that against him as well as his colour. I hope he performs well. He seems a nice guy.
HE just told them there is not going to be general election lol .
Hmmm if the British government want to get anyone in their soil they will find a crack on how to do that so I won’t be surprised if any of these pops up…. But I still hope he performs well

1 Like

Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by AfonjaConehead: 4:18pm On Oct 24, 2022
gypsey:
He was born in England, he is entitled to be PM he is not poor also.
nobody's talking about if hespoor or not....
I work with Greek Indians and I know what I'm talking about
Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by TheOgaBoss: 4:19pm On Oct 24, 2022
nony43:
They will still frustrate him out because of his Indian background.
Y will they frustrate him? Are u aware he was formally the chancellor( second highest political officer). If he performs creditably he will be supported but if he doesn't he will be booted out, unlike our system here where we reward people who do not perform.

2 Likes

Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by Iliveforever(m): 4:35pm On Oct 24, 2022
tribalmall:
I am telling you can you imagine a daredevil criminal like the pandora kleptomaniac Peter Obi caught red handed looting over N250 million cash monthly from Anambra coffers using his governors convoy wanting to be president of this nation, this is aside the several millions of dollars he looted into his daughter's Gabrielle Pandora account O.

Nigeria need help I swear.

Don’t tell me you’re stupid if you think tinubu and Atiku are more clean than him

1 Like

Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 24, 2022
AfonjaConehead:
nobody's talking about if hespoor or not....
I work with Greek Indians and I know what I'm talking about
If you are not talking about he is poor, then he is British, born in England so what are you talking about? His parents may have being born in India but Mr Sunak isn't.

Again, He is entitled to be PM as a british born.

I know what i am talking about, i was also born in England.
Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by Iliveforever(m): 4:38pm On Oct 24, 2022
Mccullum:

That's your own headache, as if there's no beggar in UK, US and other parts of the world, it's getting clearer to you that your candidate can't win in 2023, he and his supporters are labouring in vain.. grin

Problem with Nigerians is we keep paying attention to the present without thinking plainly about the future.

You tinubu or atiku will look at you when they enter that seat?
By then hunger fit dn bend your mouth one side.

Las las na those wey vote for Apc / pdp go carry the suffer for head, my own be say I go dey here dey curse anyone wey enter nairaland to beg
Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by RestructureNig1: 4:42pm On Oct 24, 2022
abhosts:
White western Democracies are just something unique and a gift to humanity. An indian immigrant has risen to top of political power in the UK. Can you imagine a white indian citizen becoming PM in India? Primitive thinking and tribalism would not allow that.

You have been brainwashed, what is democracy, didn't UK rule India with their democracy?
They have been changing leaders without election and you see nothing wrong about it
Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by AfonjaConehead: 4:47pm On Oct 24, 2022
gypsey:
If you are not talking about he is poor, then he is British, born in England so what are you talking about? His parents may have being born in India but Mr Sunak isn't.

Again, He is entitled to be PM as a british born.

I know what i am talking about, i was also born in England.
Well good luck to you guys
Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by adebwalex(m): 4:55pm On Oct 24, 2022
The guy resemble indian man...
Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by Nobody: 4:57pm On Oct 24, 2022
AfonjaConehead:

Well good luck to you guys
Cheers! Mate! cheesy
Re: Penny Mordaunt Withdraws, Rishi Sunak To Be Announced UK PM by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 24, 2022
mickeymimi:

We will surely warm up to him, besides, he is a good option at this moment.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bulgaria To Replace Russian Gas Supply With Cheaper US LNG / Biden Removes Some Sanctions On Iran Over Nuclear Program (Pics) / Polish Farmers Beg Putin To Fix Their Government, Ukraine & EU (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.