Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,033 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest (1148 Views)

Pictures From Tinubu Support Summit At Abuja International Conference Center / Tinubu Support Group Tackles Yahaya Bello / Ambode Weighs Options As Efforts To Secure Tinubu’s Support Fail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by Islie: 2:46pm On Oct 24, 2022
A group, Bola Ahmed Tinubu (BAT) Ambassadors, says that the biggest threat to any candidate from the Southwest geopolitical zone becoming national leader has always been from the zone.

Chief Afolabi Ekungba, Interim National Coordinator of BAT Ambassadors, made the remark on Sunday in Lagos during an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN).

Ekungba was speaking on the electoral chances of Sen. Bola Tinubu, the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate, for the 2023 elections.

According to him, the problem of the zone in national politics is that the zone often pursues ideas that are never realistic.

“The people of Southwest will want to set standards that don’t politically work anywhere as if they are angels.

“They will always come up with different methods to shoot down their own.

“What they did to Chiefs Obafemi Awolowo and MKO Abiola, are good examples.

“We, therefore, need a group that is adequately strong enough to address this,” Ekungba said.

Ekungba, a former governorship candidate in Ondo State, explained that BAT Ambassadors was formed, primarily to address misgivings from the Southwest zone.

He noted that the political support group had devised two major strategies, including mass movement strategy of room-to-room campaign.

“We plan to reach every Yoruba man and woman, boy and girl one-on-one,” he said.

Ekungba said the other strategy was to use the social and conventional media to engage the people.

“This is to meet the challenges of the youth who are always glued to their handset and various social media handles,” he said.

Ekungba said that the Tinubu and Shettima joint presidential ticket represented practical and demonstrable evidence of performance.

He said, if allowed to be replicated at the national level, the ticket will in the shortest possible time produce the desired national growth and development.

“The country needs a man with the courage to steady the ship of the country; sustain achievements of the past and project the country into achieving its full potentials as desired by the people.

“We see in Tinubu, the demonstrable evidence of that type of courage. We mean the courage to take hard decisions where it will hurt for the benefit of the nation.

“We need a man with an unequal passion for the federal system of government.

“It is only when Nigeria returns to federalism that our peaceful co-existence can produce a geometrically exponential social-economic development.

“We see in Tinubu, the unrepentant commitment to the ideas of true federalism

“We need a man that can consistently follow ideas agreed upon, not a fair-weather personality that will jump from boat to boat as it will suit his personal desire or those of his cohorts,” Ekungba said.

He pointed out that more than 90 per cent of the members of the BAT Ambassadors are people that would otherwise not be ready to touch politics and politicking in Nigeria with a very long spoon.

Ekungba said the reality on the ground had forced them out of their shelves.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pulse.ng/news/politics/tinubu-support-group-wary-of-southwest/1jvhrry.amp

Nlfpmod
Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by LetsDestroyAPC(m): 2:48pm On Oct 24, 2022
We'll surely destroy APC and all its components. Mind you, I am a card carrying member of APC but I fully support the destruction of the party.

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by NaijaRoyalty(m): 2:48pm On Oct 24, 2022
This sycophants don turn Tinubu to a CashApp where they go and withdraw money

Dem just dey collect the man money chop anyhow

We saw how they scammed Tinubu in Kano state yesterday after collecting his money and nobody turn up to support his campaign

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by oyebanji44: 2:49pm On Oct 24, 2022
Well, Nigerians love Tinubu Sha no b small

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by goatandyam: 2:50pm On Oct 24, 2022
drug baron people
Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by LegendHero(m): 2:51pm On Oct 24, 2022
LetsDestroyAPC:
We'll surely destroy APC and all its components. Mind you, I am a card carrying member of APC but I fully support the destruction of the party.

I am a card carrying member of LP and I can tell you that Peter Obi is not going anywhere, he cannot be president.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by NaijaRoyalty(m): 2:51pm On Oct 24, 2022
oyebanji44:
Well, Nigerians love Tinubu Sha no b small
Which Nigerians ??

Abeg speak for yourself

Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by LegendHero(m): 2:52pm On Oct 24, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
This sycophants don turn Tinubu to a CashApp where they go and withdraw money

Dem just dey collect the man money chop anyhow

We saw how they scammed Tinubu in Kano state yesterday after collecting his money and nobody turn up to support his campaign

Lol, the self acclaimed APC guy saying Atiku will be the next president lol.

Most of those in the PDP camp have lost their senses and banking on nonsense propaganda to save face.

Atiku is the most overrated candidate in this election. Man is not even sure of PDP strongholds that gave him over 50% of his 2019 votes and he just think he will just stroll to Aso Rock lol.

Atiku group are clowns.

MrPolitics:
This is a breakdown of how the 2 main parties fared in the 6 geo-political zones of the country.

North-West (7 states) ;
APC - 5,995,651 (72.45%)
PDP - 2,280,465 (27.55%)
Total - 8,276,116 (APC & PDP only)

North-East (6 states) ;
APC - 3,238,783 (74.36%)
PDP - 1,116,873 (25.64%)
Total - 4,355,656 (APC & PDP only)

North-Central (6 states + FCT) ;
APC - 2,465,599 (54.92%)
PDP - 2,023,769 (45.08%)
Total - 4,489,368 (APC & PDP only)

North Total (NW+NE+NC)
APC - 11,700,033 (68.34%)
PDP - 5,421,107 (31.66%)
Total - 17,121,140 (APC & PDP only)

South-West (6 states) ;
APC - 2,036,450 (53.41%)
PDP - 1,776,670 (46.59%)
Total - 3,813,120 (APC & PDP only)

South-East (5 states) ;
APC - 403,968 (19.26%)
PDP - 1,693,485 (80.74%)
Total - 2,097,453 (APC & PDP only)

South-South (6 states) ;
APC - 1,051,396 (32.01%)
PDP - 2,233,232 (67.99%)
Total - 3,284,628 (APC & PDP only)

South Total (SW+SE+SS) ;
APC - 3,491,814 (37.97%)
PDP - 5,703,387 (62.03%)
Total - 9,195,201 (APC & PDP only)

Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by LetsDestroyAPC(m): 2:54pm On Oct 24, 2022
LegendHero:

I am a card carrying member of LP and I can tell you that Peter Obi is not going anywhere, he cannot be president.

Your single vote is insignificant. You can use it to collect 2k from Tinubu

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by NaijaRoyalty(m): 2:54pm On Oct 24, 2022
LegendHero:

Lol, the self acclaimed APC guy saying Atiku will be the next president lol.

Most of those in the PDP camp have lost their senses and banking on nonsense propaganda to save face.

Atiku is the most overrated candidate in this election. Man is not even sure of PDP strongholds he ammased over 50% of his 2019 votes and he just think he will just stroll to Aso Rock lol.
Honestly , Peter Obi stands a better chance among the contestants

Tinubu is out of the race already , he stands no chance .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by LegendHero(m): 2:55pm On Oct 24, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

Honestly , Peter Obi stands a better chance among the contestants

Tinubu is out of the race already , he stands no chance .

Peter Obi can’t even get 25% in 24 states to start with.

We are discussing men here and not boys like Obi.

Obizombies are even more delusional than Atiku fanboys.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by LegendHero(m): 2:56pm On Oct 24, 2022
LetsDestroyAPC:

Your single vote is insignificant. You can use it to collect 2k from Tinubu

So far I don’t come to your papa house to collect money, how is that your business?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by NaijaRoyalty(m): 2:58pm On Oct 24, 2022
LegendHero:

Peter Obi can’t even get 25% in 24 states to start with.

We are discussing men here and not boys like Obi.

Obizombies are even more delusional than Atiku fanboys.
I want to ask you again sir , which region is Bola Tinubu strong hold?

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by FreedomfromtheT: 3:00pm On Oct 24, 2022
LegendHero:

I don't believe you are a card carrying LP member. What business do you have with LP if you believe their candidate cannot be president?
Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by LegendHero(m): 3:02pm On Oct 24, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

His biggest stronghold is the SW with the second most highest voting power in the country.

Where he expect to get the bulk of his votes is SW, NW, NE, and NC.

Mind you, the NC is not only Benue/Plateau. We have Niger, Kogi, Kwara, and Nassarawa included.

In the SS+SE, he will still get the required 25% in at least 5 states and that is the minimum lowest he can go.

Edo, Bayelsa, Ebonyi, Imo, and Cross rivers.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by LegendHero(m): 3:03pm On Oct 24, 2022
FreedomfromtheT:
I don't believe you are a card carrying LP member. What business do you have with LP if you believe their candidate cannot be president?

Show me your own LP membership card and we can talk.
Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by NaijaRoyalty(m): 3:07pm On Oct 24, 2022
LegendHero:

His biggest stronghold is the SW with the second most highest voting power in the country.

Mind you, the NC is not only Benue/Plateau. We have Niger, Kogi, Kwara, and Nassarawa included.

In the SS+SE, he will still get the required 25% in at least 5 states and that is the minimum lowest he can go.

Lagos has about 7million PVC holders and large percentage of this PVC holders are the Igbos and other tribes like Hausa, Calabar, Edo, deltans all living in Lagos .

Lagos votes will be shared between Peter Obi, Tinubu, Atiku and Musa Rabiu kwakwanso

Tinubu don't stand a chance against Atiku and Kwankwaso in the core north .

Ask/Se votes will go Obi way

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by LegendHero(m): 3:09pm On Oct 24, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

Lagos has about 7million PVC holders and large percentage of this PVC holders are the Igbos and other tribes like Hausa, Calabar, Edo, deltans all living in Lagos .

Lagos votes will be shared between Peter Obi, Tinubu, Atiku and Musa Rabiu kwakwanso

Tinubu don't stand a chance against Atiku and Kwankwaso in the core north .

Ask/Se votes will go Obi way

You Obizombies delusion is multi-directional. Ibo voters in Lagos are not up to 20% of the voting power and I can prove it with numbers.

Check every presidential election in Lagos since 1979, the Yoruba candidates usually win it by nothing less than 85% of the votes and yet in Iboland, the person the Ibo support usually win it by more than 85%.

—1979 & 1983 - Awolowo won Lagos by over 85%, Azikiwe won the SE by almost 85% too. That shows you that the Ibos candidate in both period is Aziwkwie which implied that most Ibo in Lagos would have voted Azikiwe and yet Awolowo scored 85%.

—1993 is also a perfect example - Abiola won Lagos by over 85%, yet Bashir Tofa won in the SE region. That means Ibo voters in Lagos would have voted Tofa and yet Abiola won by 85%.

—1999 is a now more perfect example - Falae won Lagos by over 85% while Obasanjo won the SE by over 85%. That means most Ibos in Lagos would have voted OBJ and yet Falae won with 85%.

To even think properly, if Igbo voters in Lagos are anywhere close to 30%, they would have consistently influenced who Lagos governors are because they will have the remaining PDP Yorubas to support them with the remaining 20%.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by Racoon(m): 3:12pm On Oct 24, 2022
This agenda is not Nigerian agenda but just to promote and foist the inordinate ambition of a chronically sick & cognitively impaired senile drug kingpin and bullion vans criminal
Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by Chnbanc: 3:13pm On Oct 24, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:

iragbiji town hall, sir.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by Chnbanc: 3:17pm On Oct 24, 2022
FreedomfromtheT:
how do I get LP membership card?
Do I register online?
Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by Macphenson: 4:09pm On Oct 24, 2022
okoo
Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by DMerciful(m): 4:54pm On Oct 24, 2022
Igbos in Lagos vote for Tinubu candidates as well in gubernatorial elections. But in presidential elections, looking at 2015 and 2019, Igbos are the reason PDP scored over 42%
LegendHero:

You Obizombies delusion is multi-directional. Ibo voters in Lagos are not up to 20% of the voting power and I can prove it with numbers.

Check every presidential election in Lagos since 1979, the Yoruba candidates usually win it by nothing less than 85% of the votes and yet in Iboland, the person the Ibo support usually win it by more than 85%.

—1979 & 1983 - Awolowo won Lagos by over 85%, Azikiwe won the SE by almost 85% too. That shows you that the Ibos candidate in both period is Aziwkwie which implied that most Ibo in Lagos would have voted Azikiwe and yet Awolowo scored 85%.

—1993 is also a perfect example - Abiola won Lagos by over 85%, yet Bashir Tofa won in the SE region. That means Ibo voters in Lagos would have voted Tofa and yet Abiola won by 85%.

—1999 is a now more perfect example - Falae won Lagos by over 85% while Obasanjo won the SE by over 85%. That means most Ibos in Lagos would have voted OBJ and yet Falae won with 85%.

To even think properly, if Igbo voters in Lagos are anywhere close to 30%, they would have consistently influenced who Lagos governors are because they will have the remaining PDP Yorubas to support them with the remaining 20%.

Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by LegendHero(m): 5:57pm On Oct 24, 2022
DMerciful:
Igbos in Lagos vote for Tinubu candidates as well in gubernatorial elections. But in presidential elections, looking at 2015 and 2019, Igbos are the reason PDP scored over 42%

You don’t know what you are saying.

In 2015 and 2019, the Yorubas are the one that voted PDP.

That explained why PDP won in Oyo and Ondo in 2019. Do you want to tell me there are lot of Igbos in Oyo & Ondo to influence their elections in 2019?

Infact in 2015, PDP got an average of 40% votes in all the six SW states. That shows you that the Yorubas themselves vote PDP.

Anytime there is no Yoruba on the ballot, the Yorubas always share their votes and this is consistent in all the 6 SW states.

Walahi Igbo voting population in Lagos no fit reach 20%. No matter how you study the historical data, it still show the same thing.

That’s why I always laugh at people that will believe Peter Obi will get 25% of Lagos votes next year. The only way he can get it is if critical mass of Yoruba people are willing to vote him.

God grant us all long life till 2023 and beyond. You guys will see how things goes in the real world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by Honjoshy4u: 6:08pm On Oct 24, 2022
Keep deceiving Tinubu.
By December, the writing on the wall will be very clear for all to see.
Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by JoeNL22(m): 6:31pm On Oct 24, 2022
LegendHero:

Tinubu can't get 25 from the SE & SS.
The SW are Nigerians also, they buy fuel and dollars.
An average Nigeria is anti-Apc
Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by LegendHero(m): 7:25pm On Oct 24, 2022
JoeNL22:

Tinubu can't get 25 from the SE & SS.
The SW are Nigerians also, they buy fuel and dollars.
An average Nigeria is anti-Apc

Tinubu will get 25% in nothing less than 5 states in the SS/SW.

In the SE, he can easily get those numbers in Imo and Ebonyi. You guys don’t look at political trends in your equation which explained why you easily misread.
Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by JoeNL22(m): 9:11pm On Oct 24, 2022
LegendHero:

Tinubu will get 25% in nothing less than 5 states in the SS/SW.

In the SE, he can easily get those numbers in Imo and Ebonyi. You guys don’t look at political trends in your equation which explained why you easily misread.

I understand you.
I am talkin about the region. What am saying is he can't get 25% from either region (SE or SS)
Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by OfficialAPCNig: 9:55pm On Oct 24, 2022
LegendHero:

Weed weed weed

Tinubu will win SW by a whisker. Nothing for Tinubu in NW, not even in a thousand years.

Tinubu will get 25% in SE? You are delusional.

The election is between Atiku and Obi. Others are pretenders

1 Like

Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by LegendHero(m): 10:34pm On Oct 24, 2022
OfficialAPCNig:

Weed weed weed

Tinubu will win SW by a whisker. Nothing for Tinubu in NW, not even in a thousand years.

Tinubu will get 25% in SE? You are delusional.

The election is between Atiku and Obi. Others are pretenders

Your own delusion is even worse than those of Obidiotss.

Lol election between which Obi? You people play too much.
Re: Tinubu Support Group Wary Of Southwest by OfficialAPCNig: 6:49am On Oct 25, 2022
LegendHero:

Your own delusion is even worse than those of Obidiotss.

Lol election between which Obi? You people play too much.
Obi or Atiku is your next president. Wailing online will not change that.

Only fools think a moslem moslem ticket will a presidential election in this country

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Begs Sultan Of Sokoto For Endorsement / What Could Tinubu Be Telling Peter Obi In This Picture / Election Is Going To Second Round - Bookmark This Page .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.