Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,825 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra (783 Views)

Ex-general Takes Arise TV Presenter, Oseni Rufai, To The Cleaners (VIDEO) / Uproar In Rivers Over Wike’s ₦500 Million Donation To Sokoto / Peter Obi Takes PDP Senator To The Cleaners Over Elisha Abbo’s Assault (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra by oikirodah(m): 2:48pm On Oct 24, 2022
This Is Not Fair: Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra Flood Victims

Peter Obi, the LP presidential candidate and former Anambra State governor, has come under fire for purportedly providing a griding machine and some loaves of bread to thousands of flood victims ravaged by flood in Anambra.

According to internet users who spent the weekend mocking the presidential candidate, it was a disgrace that a full-fledged former governor of a state, let alone a presidential candidate, could donate relief materials worth less than a million naira to flood-ravaged communities. While some have argued that the widow's mite is always the best donation, others have said it is a no-no for Peter Obi.

Check out some trending remarks that have painted the presidential candidate as a stingy man who should be avoided at all costs.

Oluwayemisi L. Ajayi

"That is what I am already doing, Gesare, you can see I am urging the former Governor of Anambra State to do more for his people. The State helped him to become a billionaire, and now in their time of need he is busy donating a grinding machine and loaves of bread. Unacceptable!"

Zara

"A former governor and presidential candidate donating a grinding machine and 24 loaves of bread to thousands of flood victims

Obi dey MENT sha"

"I heard Peter Obi went to donate 23 loaves of bread and Indomie packs in Anambra state. Is he contesting for a local government chairman? He even forgot to add dry pepper. How stingy can a person be? It will dawn on you when all you donations enter voicemail. Happy Sunday

Ada Anambra "@PeterObi

You spend wisely in Anambra with relief materials less than a million naira but went to Benue and donated 5million...? My brother, what is the name of your problem?"

Bashir Ahmad

@BashirAhmaad

"Wow. Four bags of rice, 14 cartons of indomie noodles, around 50 set of blankets, 24 loaves of bread, a generator among other unverified stuff donated to thousands of families affected by floods in Anambra by a former governor of the state and a current presidential candidate."

What are your thoughts on this hot topic that is now sparking heated disputes online?

Source iReporteronline.
https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/this-is-not-fair-peter-obi-taken-to-the-cleaners-over-his-widows-mite-donation-to-anambra-flood-victims-2/

Re: Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra by richidinho(m): 2:51pm On Oct 24, 2022
He doesn't receive pension from the state like others, he didnt steal one naira

He is giving from the proceed of his business, a very sincere man.

Anyway! His supporters that brought those goods to support him, he said it this morning that he presented a cheque to them

Godbless Peter Obi

13 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra by LetsDestroyAPC(m): 2:51pm On Oct 24, 2022
Nevef. I support Peter Obi even though I am a card carrying member of APC.

Buhari bad leadership has reset our brains to reason beyond party lines.

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra by oyebanji44: 2:55pm On Oct 24, 2022
Obi is worse.than ever...

Even that 5 million is nothing not to to talk of rice, bread and indomie

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra by tuborme: 2:58pm On Oct 24, 2022
Peter Obi said this morning that, he did not give out food items. He only gave money! It was other people that brought those items to support his vision. He said it while speaking Arise Tv’s morning show this morning!

This is what a leader does, he spurs people to do the right thing!

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra by Pandev(m): 2:58pm On Oct 24, 2022
LetsDestroyAPC:
Nevef. I support Peter Obi even though I am a card carrying member of APC.

Buhari bad leadership has reset our brains to reason beyond party lines.
in fact, despite being a labour party member, I'm supporting Tinubu because I can't afford to vote for Obi who failed woefully as governor of Anambra state grin

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra by Gongoozler: 3:00pm On Oct 24, 2022
I love that he is true without quoting big money the IDPs wount see just to deceive the rest of the people.
Ask yourself if the big big money Tinubu and Atiku announced for IDPs has reached them?

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra by Pandev(m): 3:00pm On Oct 24, 2022
tuborme:
Peter Obi said this morning that, he did not give out food items. He only gave money! It was other people that brought those items to support his vision. He said it while speaking Arise Tv’s morning show this morning!

This is what a leader does, he spurs people to do the right thing!
Obi should stop lying, nobody will beat him na cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra by LetsDestroyAPC(m): 3:00pm On Oct 24, 2022
Pandev:
in fact, despite being a labour party member, I'm supporting Tinubu because I can't afford to vote for Obi who failed woefully as governor of Anambra state grin

I see you as an addict OBIdient. Forget sarcasm.

This I have seen.
Re: Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra by okosodo: 3:28pm On Oct 24, 2022
O
Re: Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra by Nwaetche(m): 3:38pm On Oct 24, 2022
ireporteronline.com.ng is a clandestine BAT blog. It does all the dirty job for the BAT campaign that TVC and the Nation cannot do.

Having said, We saw PO in Arise interview saying that the information was wrong. He only donated money.

It would do us good to stop peddling falsehood.

Pnder this;
When Buhari heard about the flood, he directed NEMA to see to it and zoomed off to Korea. BAT doles out N100m from his bottomless money pot to Kano and continue with stakeholders/campaign meeting junketing from Abuja to kano.

However, Obi suspended his campaign and went physically to affected areas to empathise with the victims.

In my place, good deeds is better than silver and Gold. A friend that visited and commiserated with you in your hour of need is a friend indeed.

Please ask BAT to show empathy as a Leader. He can start by visiting folks in Maroko and his cherished second home in Kano and Jigawa instead of throwing wards to the hungry and traumatised Nigerians.

Avoiding visiting people at the time of their need only confirms that BAT is indeed serious about continuing PMB legacy of aloofness which the country does not need at this time.

oikirodah:
This Is Not Fair: Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra Flood Victims

Peter Obi, the LP presidential candidate and former Anambra State governor, has come under fire for purportedly providing a griding machine and some loaves of bread to thousands of flood victims ravaged by flood in Anambra.

According to internet users who spent the weekend mocking the presidential candidate, it was a disgrace that a full-fledged former governor of a state, let alone a presidential candidate, could donate relief materials worth less than a million naira to flood-ravaged communities. While some have argued that the widow's mite is always the best donation, others have said it is a no-no for Peter Obi.

Check out some trending remarks that have painted the presidential candidate as a stingy man who should be avoided at all costs.

Oluwayemisi L. Ajayi

"That is what I am already doing, Gesare, you can see I am urging the former Governor of Anambra State to do more for his people. The State helped him to become a billionaire, and now in their time of need he is busy donating a grinding machine and loaves of bread. Unacceptable!"

Zara

"A former governor and presidential candidate donating a grinding machine and 24 loaves of bread to thousands of flood victims

Obi dey MENT sha"

"I heard Peter Obi went to donate 23 loaves of bread and Indomie packs in Anambra state. Is he contesting for a local government chairman? He even forgot to add dry pepper. How stingy can a person be? It will dawn on you when all you donations enter voicemail. Happy Sunday

Ada Anambra "@PeterObi

You spend wisely in Anambra with relief materials less than a million naira but went to Benue and donated 5million...? My brother, what is the name of your problem?"

Bashir Ahmad

@BashirAhmaad

"Wow. Four bags of rice, 14 cartons of indomie noodles, around 50 set of blankets, 24 loaves of bread, a generator among other unverified stuff donated to thousands of families affected by floods in Anambra by a former governor of the state and a current presidential candidate."

What are your thoughts on this hot topic that is now sparking heated disputes online?

Source iReporteronline.
https://ireporteronline.com.ng/blog/this-is-not-fair-peter-obi-taken-to-the-cleaners-over-his-widows-mite-donation-to-anambra-flood-victims-2/
Re: Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra by Dyke15(m): 3:56pm On Oct 24, 2022
Pandev:
Ode! grin
If dem point labour party office give u, u fit locate am?
Y not reveal ur AGBADORIAN identity and stop hiding behind labour party
Re: Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra by IDeyNL: 3:59pm On Oct 24, 2022
APC propaganda news.

LP has come out to clarify that it wasn't donated by PO but supporters of PO

I hope moderators close this thread for false information.
Re: Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra by NothingDoMe: 4:00pm On Oct 24, 2022
Pandev:
What did Tinubu do for his home town Iragbiji? He abandoned them to erosions and terrible lack of development.

Monkey say e smart na because tree near each other. Naim be Tinubu so.
Re: Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra by successmatters(m): 4:00pm On Oct 24, 2022
That wasn't Peter Obi donation, that was Obidient movement donation.

Propaganda is just helping make Peter Obi popular.

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra by Afamed: 4:02pm On Oct 24, 2022
The Pandora fraud

6 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra by MasterJayJay: 4:04pm On Oct 24, 2022
Ireporter is a nonsense media powered by agbado urchins.
They setup that website to produce fake news against Peter Obi.

FACT is that Tinubu is very greedy.

Here is what Peter Obi gets as pension

He said, “Since I left office eight years ago, I have never received any pension.
Anambra State has never bought me any pure water because governors should not have any retirement package.

“You came to serve and when you finish, you should go home. God has blessed you enough. Whatever power God has given you, it’s by grace. Don’t abuse the grace of God. We must stop abusing God’s grace in this country and use public funds to serve the people.”

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/07/ive-never-received-any-pension-since-i-left-office-8-years-ago-peter-obi/

Here is what Bola Tinubu has been getting as pension benefits

The Lagos State Governor and Deputy Governor Pensions Law of 2007, provides that’ “the former governor is entitled to six new cars every three years and a house in Lagos and another in Abuja.

“Conservatively, a house in Lagos will cost N750 million and one in Abuja N1 billion. The former governor and family (spouse and children ─ both married and unmarried) are entitled to free medical which is not capped.

“Another highlight is that the ex-governor is entitled to a cook, steward, gardener, and other domestic staff, who are pensionable.

“Other benefits are the annual basic salary: 100 per cent of annual basic salaries of the incumbent governor and deputy.

“Transport: Three cars, two back-up cars and one pilot car for the ex- governor every three years; two cars,
two back-up cars and one pilot car for the deputy, every three years.

“They are also entitled to 300 per cent of annual basic salary every two years.

https://dailypost.ng/2020/11/10/lagos-breakdown-of-ex-governors-pension-as-signed-by-tinubu/

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/477820-lagos-assembly-slashes-pension-for-tinubu-fashola-other-ex-governors-by-50.html

Let's calculate how much Tinubu has taken since he left office. 2007-2019 shall be our limit.

1. 6 new cars every 3 years means Tinubu has received 24 brand-new cars. If the average cost of a car is 30 million naira, that means Tinubu has received at least 720 million naira for cars.

2. 1 house in Abuja and Lagos each: Conservatively, a house in Lagos will cost N750 million and one in Abuja N1 billion.

3. 300 percent of annual basic salary (N23.3million) every 2 years. That means Tinubu has received 23 million * 6 = 138 million naira.

4. Note that medical expenses of Tinubu, his wife and their children are being taken care by Lagos state government. All those medical trips abroad are paid by Lagos state government. And there is no limit to the expenses.
Re: Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra by ElSudani: 4:05pm On Oct 24, 2022
Don't be too hard on him. Saint Obi was going to bless the 4 loafs and feed the multitude of Anambra people.

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra by tiger28: 5:17pm On Oct 24, 2022
A man that once said that "he is richer than Joe Biden's $5 million worth"

You are NOW giving your ANAMBRA Kinfolks LESS than $2000

You all ain't serious!!!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra by tiger28: 5:19pm On Oct 24, 2022
richidinho:

Anyway! His supporters that brought those goods to support him, he said it this morning that he presented a cheque to them

Godbless Peter Obi

Then he gave BENUE Ppl N5 million?

Una dey craze!

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra by techWriter3: 6:18pm On Oct 24, 2022
The Pandora scam

1 Like

Re: Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra by samunaka: 6:57pm On Oct 24, 2022
richidinho:

Godbless Peter Obi

My friend shut up you are a baggar, what do you mean by he did not steal, must you steal before giving out to humanity, this guy said he was already a billionaire before becoming a governor, a couple of years back he went to far away Haiti and donated over $200,000 to flood victims, and here he is donating loaves of breads to the very people he helps to condemn to abject poverty when they needed him most, and you are out there spooning rubbish

2 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra by buhariguy(m): 7:24pm On Oct 24, 2022
richidinho:

Godbless Peter Obi
Obidient is not serious and ready to win.
He just want to cashout from idiotic pigs like nnamdi kanu.
Re: Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra by Ikpaitid: 7:29pm On Oct 24, 2022
THIS IPOB CANDIDATE IS USELESS grin grin
WHAT A STINGY MAN.
Re: Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra by richidinho(m): 7:35pm On Oct 24, 2022
buhariguy:
Obidient is not serious and ready to win.
He just want to cashout from idiotic pigs like nnamdi kanu.

You have never supported a reason person as president, look at he certificateless buhari you supported in 2015
Re: Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra by buhariguy(m): 7:38pm On Oct 24, 2022
richidinho:

You have never supported a reason person as president, look at he certificateless buhari you supported in 2015
buhari has laid the foundation for tinubu to build on
Re: Peter Obi Taken To The Cleaners Over His Widows Mite Donation To Anambra by B2B23: 7:43pm On Oct 24, 2022
cheesy grin

(1) (Reply)

Who's Lying Between Soludo And Obi. / Why Haven't Mynd44 Done A Fact Check About Tinubu's Drug Case? / Northern Muslims In Power Plot Against Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.