Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,392 members, 7,815,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery (22740 Views)

CBN May Lose Control Of The Naira - Punch Editorial Board / Latest Update from Dangote Refinery, Ibeju-Lekki, Lagos (Photos and Videos) / N904bn Funding Gap Threatens Vessels Acquisition By Nigerian Shipowners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by Pymetrics: 4:57pm On Oct 24, 2022
Iliveforever:
All he knows how to do is make the poor masses/business owners poorer while being backed by the FG

Read you no go read. What is Dangotes fault here? Hatred for someone who can buy your entire generation.
Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by Iliveforever(m): 4:57pm On Oct 24, 2022
Pymetrics:

Read you no go read. What is Dangotes fault here? Hatred for someone who can buy your entire generation.
voltron14:

What did Dangote do wrong as relates to this article?

Oh, you think we’ve forgotten what happened few weeks at kogi?

This is not different from it.
Take their jobs through FG backing which will lead them to sacking workers(unemployment), then can wake up one morning and hick the price without any deliberation.
Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by Iliveforever(m): 4:59pm On Oct 24, 2022
RepoMan007:
Oga, I want to give you catering contract for big organisation please forward me your official contact and portfolio.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by BJanta: 4:59pm On Oct 24, 2022
No be for Nairaland here government
dey now . Government dey Aso Rock,
carry your aluta go jam them there.
Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by AKWATGOLD1(m): 5:01pm On Oct 24, 2022
NIGERIAN indigenous Shipowners under the aegis of the Ship Owners Association of Nigeria (SOAN) should approach bank for bridge loan to enhance their capacity. I think why their weary of approach financial institition is to take CVFF $350m as their own national cake from FG.
Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by voltron14: 5:05pm On Oct 24, 2022
Iliveforever:

Oh, you think we’ve forgotten what happened few weeks at kogi?

This is not different from it.
Take their jobs through FG backing which will lead them to sacking workers(unemployment), then can wake up one morning and hick the price without any deliberation.

How does Dangote Refinery take your jobs?
Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by Bigleaf1006: 5:07pm On Oct 24, 2022
It will be great if all that money can stay in naija

Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by tolue42(m): 5:08pm On Oct 24, 2022
Alwaysready:
“We are definitely not ready due to a lack of capacity. Indigenous shipowners are struggling to make ends meet. The $350m Cabotage Vessel Financing Fund (CVFF) which is expected to improve capacity for indigenous shipowners is yet to be disbursed.

“Government keeps playing politics with the disbursement of the CVFF. Is this how we will continue until the Dangote Refinery becomes operational?

Must you guys wait for the govt to borrow you money to get vessels?

Allow the foreigners come in if you can't secure loans ,raise the capitals to buy vessels and ships ...we want healthy competition and not when you guys start now,we start hearing CBN going after you to recover the loan or perhaps,you all come together to ground the govt using a strike weapon.

Common! Go get funds and get your vessel,let the govt finance other important projects pls.

There are foreigners with capital ready to invest in this sector but you guys won't allow.

Check my signature and place your order for instant transaction,thanks.

I just tire the way he's even arrogant in his narratives as if it the right of the government to give them money for business....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by Iliveforever(m): 5:08pm On Oct 24, 2022
voltron14:

How does Dangote Refinery take your jobs?
If you can’t understand the write up then forget it or rather ask the unemployed this question
Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by thuxzwda1: 5:12pm On Oct 24, 2022
AbuAeesha:
this matter concern only few citizens undecided

grin
Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by josiah27: 5:15pm On Oct 24, 2022
Riches is in the mind
oluwasegun007:
This na rich man problem..

When I get money, I'll reason with u
Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by Amarapearl: 5:25pm On Oct 24, 2022
hat Sets Nomba/Kudi Apart: Contact 0.7.0.3.8.8.4.1.2.7.9

No Bank Targets; we all know that most banks place targets for Pos Agents, which is difficult for an upcoming business person to meet without a large customer base; Kudi understands and is here for you because there are no bank targets to get you tense and stressed.
Very low fees (0.5% only); Kudi Bank charges per transaction are peanuts (only N5 charge per N1000 withdrawal or deposit, with no fees above N20,000).
There will be no bank charges above 20,000 naira; any transaction above 20,000 naira will have a flat rate of N100 only. Sim card-enabled device that connects to 4G/3G/2G networks.
• Enjoy wireless connectivity (WiFi & Bluetooth)
• long battery life.
• Easily pay your bills, such as utility bills (electricity) and cable subscriptions (such as DSTV, GOTV, and so on).
• With incredible % interest rates, you can save money.
• Accept credit-card payments wherever you are.
• Easily take payments with any type of bank card.
• Print a receipt.
• Manage your company's daily financial transactions.
• Track payments across your business outlets.
• View all payments received on the terminal.
• Confirm all funds are settled to your Nomba account at the end of the day.
• Simple to use; ready to use immediately after setup; lightweight and portable.
• It comes with a manual and all the other necessary accessories, like the charger.
All that is required to get the device set and ready for use is a smartphone on which to download the mobile app. Contact me before doing this. It takes less than 5 minutes to set up the device itself.
Contact me after receiving the package. Call or text 0.7.0.3.8.8.4.1.2.7.9.
My contact will be found inside the package for all enquiries.
Specifications
KEY FEATURES

• N100 only flat rate charge above 20,000naira transaction
• WiFi enabled
• Sim card enabled with 4G/3G/2G network
• Strong battery life
• Easily take payments with any type of bank card
• Easy to operate
WHAT’S IN THE BOX
• The terminal
• Charger
• Manual
• Delivered with a branded gift
SPECIFICATIONS
• SKU: GE779DS2I7PU3NAFAMZ
• Product Line: Stizzyjay Merchandise
• Model: Nomba/Kudi H9
• Size (L x W x H cm): 20 x 8 x 5
• Weight (kg): 0.2
• Color: Black
• Main Material: Tough Plastic
• From the Manufacturer: This traditional terminal is a sleek, nicely designed and lightweight machine that can be used in shops, offices and practically anywhere else. It has a clear rectangular screen that provides an optimum viewing experience.<br />It's easy to use and handle. The operations are run by a SIM card with an active data subscription, but it's also WiFi enabled.
Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by TheAlchemist: 5:25pm On Oct 24, 2022
Canyona1:
Dangote should start refining abeg enough of all this postponement from December to mid 2023

Just to keep investors happy... if it does not start mid 2023, they will now blame it on Russia Ukraine war.
Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by Painsoother(m): 5:25pm On Oct 24, 2022
voltron14:

Those that have been making billions from fuel importation should invest money on vessels for fuel exporting.
Exactly! Or better still, the ship owners should contribute towards the course. Except they mean to tell Nigerians that they have been lifting crude oil and products to and fro over the years for free, including those stolen crude oil they must have been charging higher to transport for the thieves. I trust dangote, he will not hesitate to delve into to shipping industry, when his 4.7b litres storage get filled up and he is told that the ship owners are waiting for FG to get intervention fund for marine fuel. Nonesence!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by VawulenceLover: 5:27pm On Oct 24, 2022
All these long post, na una papa want read am
Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by bobbybrown007: 5:27pm On Oct 24, 2022
They just want to favour this man at all cost, that's all what I see.
Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by Nobody: 5:29pm On Oct 24, 2022
[quote author=TrittNG post=117840033][/quote]Liar!!!!!!!!!
Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by tunjijones(m): 5:36pm On Oct 24, 2022
nkemoma:
Will fuel prices go down??

I can't tell now. But I know that this will help foreign exchange.At least dollar go come down small.

Just imagine the enormous human capital and resources put together into importing petroleum products. There are a lot of loopholes

It's really a breathe of fresh air having a working refinery in Nigeria at last.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by cigaricon(m): 5:42pm On Oct 24, 2022
Iliveforever:
All he knows how to do is make the poor masses/business owners poorer while being backed by the FG

You definitely did not read the post. Mr. Vote wisely
Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by Franking: 5:44pm On Oct 24, 2022
Everything in Nigeria isn't working. I am tempted to call Nigeria an evil and cursed land. The funny but is that it is Nigerians who are responsible for the uselessness of the country. Tufiakwa.
Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by BigIyanga: 5:46pm On Oct 24, 2022
Parachoko:
The Government should look into thier complain
By subsidizing them with $350m abi?
Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by Macphenson: 5:47pm On Oct 24, 2022
RelevantUpdates:

Definitely, with the refinery beginning operations, the price of fuel should go down significantly.

It is the essence of the whole investment.

The prices of fuel may not necessarily go down. Dangote is going to sale at international rates.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by NaijaSumi: 5:53pm On Oct 24, 2022
Hmmm... Dangote, make I follow you work Sir
Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by Ifakiland(m): 6:03pm On Oct 24, 2022
nkemoma:
Will fuel prices go down??
because na free them build the refinery na
Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 24, 2022
Parachoko:
The Government should look into thier complain
No, what's their concern, if it's to build ruga or create grazing route, their response will be immediate. Until Nigeria government begins to look inward, the country's economy will continue to live in a buyout .
Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by jaxxy(m): 6:21pm On Oct 24, 2022
when I heard the refinery won't help reduce cost of fuel locally I switched off from it.
Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by voltron14: 6:27pm On Oct 24, 2022
Iliveforever:

If you can’t understand the write up then forget it or rather ask the unemployed this question

Illiterate.

Is anyone blaming Dangote for the opportunity?

Blockhead.
Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 24, 2022
Something they should ear mark $1billion and talk to South Korean government so they can have some sort of lease to own financing, good thing President Buhari is in South Korea ... It is not only the shippers that would lose, the banks, law firms and many others.
Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by pat077: 6:36pm On Oct 24, 2022
RelevantUpdates:

Definitely, with the refinery beginning operations, the price of fuel should go down significantly.

It is the essence of the whole investment.
no. Fuel prices will not reduce, it may even go up because there would no more subsidy

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerian Shipowners May Lose Out From $19bn Dangote Refinery by Badhguy(m): 7:07pm On Oct 24, 2022
pat077:
no. Fuel prices will not reduce, it may even go up because there would no more subsidy
By removing subsidy before operation start in the refinery the price of fuel will be at #400 to#500. But when operation starts in the refinery next year.Fuel will be selling at this current price of #180-#200

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Paddy Adenuga: "Bad Belle Is Such An Epidemic In Nigeria" / Friend Celebrates A Nigerian Female Graduate Who Is A Yam Seller - Pictures / I Have Five Hundred Thousand Naira, 500,000, Please Advise Me On Business To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.