Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:54 AM

Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) (36178 Views)

Woman Who Spoke Against Fuel Scarcity In 1994 Video Goes Viral / Fuel Scarcity In Port Harcourt (Photos) / #buharitrain From Warri To Itakpe. Train Rider Shares Experience. PICTURES. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 25, 2022
RepoMan007:
subsidywise, backbencher.
If I catch you outside Nairaland I will disgrace you.

You ha e chosen to side with the oppressor.
Can't your delusional brain see how the FG moved to stop crude smuggling when it affect the national cake they share. They gave a once wanted ex-militant a contract and reversed the trend but will tell you subsidy that poor man is using to advance small small should go for fuel scarcity to go.

Enjoy your N40 fuel.

I have nothing to say to you anymore. I have said my point.

P.S : That means you and Buhari are of the same mind., He has not removed subsidy. Nice to know you are an APC supporter.

Now move.

P.S

Thanks for the threat. But the thing is, no matter how much you threaten me, at the end, fuel subsidy must go. Obi has said it, and I agree.

PS2.

If you threaten me again, I will report you. Grow up.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by alabo1: 12:32pm On Oct 25, 2022
Penguin2:
Fuel Scarcity has resurfaced in Lagos and one cannot explain the reason behind it.

When Abuja scarcity started, it was attributed to flooding which has cut off the Lokoja-Abuja Expressway which has made it difficult for Tanker Drivers to bring the product to Abuja for Lagos depots.

But with most of fuel depots in Lagos, why is there scarcity in Lagos?

These are signs of a working and innovative govt. No explanations for anything. Scenerios defying common sense and logic. This government is the greatest ever! Sai Baba. Agbodo proponents who understand sarcasm I await you
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by anonimi: 12:33pm On Oct 25, 2022
Cyntie55:
May God help us in this country. Life in Nigeria is really hard.

Prices of goods in the market are skyrocketing.
No light
Fuel scacity
Insecurity
Unemployment

Everybody are just suffering and smiling in this country. It is well

Prophet Jonathan warned us but we failed to listen, preferring to listen to Thiefnuibu's scam packaging of Buhari as APC messiah.
Eight years later, how far?
And to imagine that some intelligent people want JagaBandit to continue Buhari's failures next year shocked
No be juju be that.
God forbid BaThing. Amen

socialmediaman:
The 2018 Rating by Transparency International placed Nigeria at 148th position out of 180 countries. Nigeria was improving over the years under the previous government, until Buhari got elected as president, things became worse.

There is a difference between fact and fiction. We need to face facts, Buhari is worse than GEJ when it comes to fighting corruption, at least that’s what the facts prove.

Most of us believed there was corruption under Goodluck Jonathan’s Government. I agree with those who did, there was corruption, but not as bad as it is today under Mohammadu Buhari.

In 2012, Nigeria was placed at 139th position, In 2014, Nigeria gained 3 steps and was placed at 136th position. Under Buhari, Nigeria has lost many positions down to 148th.

There’s no further proof needed that corruption has worsened under Buhari’s government compared to previous years.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/02/21/transparency-international-ranks-nigeria-148th-worlds-least-corrupt-country

Emergingnation:
Flashback: How Bola Tinubu spoke highly of Buhari in 2015, named PDP ‘Poverty Development Party

National leader of the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu had during the presidential campaign in 2015, referred to President Muhammadu Buhari as the only solution for the security and economic challenges facing Nigeria.

During a mega presidential rally, the former governor of Lagos State recalled how some powerful nations in the world returned to army generals when they were challenged, saying “Major General Buhari would revive Nigeria’s economy”.

He named the current opposition People’s Democratic Party, PDP as the “Poverty Development Party saying they had nothing to offer.

His words at the time were; “Every nation has a period of their own challenges, when America was challenged, they turned to one great man, their ex-military general, General Eisenhower. When the French were challenged, they turned to their general, Charles de Gaulle.

“When Britain was challenged, they turned to their general. Today, Nigeria is economically and physically challenged so we turn to General Muhammadu Buhari. He is the right man for the job. If you talk about military experience, he has it abundantly, he has courage, simplicity, he has it abundantly.

“If you talk about great determination, a combination of vision and ability to perform, honesty and integrity, he has it abundantly.

“I laugh when the incapable government, ‘Poverty Development Party’ PDP were talking. They have nothing again to say, they now want to question the qualifications of General Buhari and look for his certificate”.

Following the manifestos in 2015 which projected the APC presidential candidate as a ‘saviour’, Buhari defeated the then incumbent president, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan with Nigerians expecting a total change in security and economy.

https://dailypost.ng/2021/09/01/flashback-how-bola-tinubu-spoke-highly-of-buhari-in-2015-named-pdp-poverty-development-party/

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 25, 2022
Theunbothered:

Block illegal pipelines

Remove military officers responsible.

Fix the federal interstate roads that have been left to rot.

Not enough.

You have to guarantee that the people invilved in refining, and transporting and selling petrol make enough of a profit to do so...and that can be done by removing subsidy.

The profit generated would in turn prevent the looting and stealing of petrol. Because since it now is profitable to refine and sell petrol in Nigeria with a hypothetical subsidy removal...no one would loot and steal petrol...since the incentive would be to go into either refining, transporting or selling petrol....

Also, government would reap money from more revenue from investment and taxes...meaning they can pay the security forces better among other things...meaning they would be incentivised to keep an eye on the lines.

Once you force someone to sell at a loss, either they go out of business, or they engage in criminal activities.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by Marvisarthur: 12:35pm On Oct 25, 2022
Odi egwu oooo
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by RepoMan007: 12:35pm On Oct 25, 2022
Kasssandra:

Enjoy your N40 fuel.

I have nothing to say to you anymore. I have said my point.

P.S : That means you and Buhari are of the same mind., He has not removed subsidy. Nice to know you are an APC supporter.

Now move.
I am not asking for N40 fuel like you, all I ask is for them to stop smuggling of petrol like they stopped that of crude that affects their national cake largesse.

Whatever doesn't affect them is sold to us by their agents like you as impossible.
They should move the pump price to 250 and block leakages. Simple. That will narrow the smuggling profit margin and drive up their cost price. Stick and carrot baby.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 25, 2022
RepoMan007:
I am not asking for N40 fuel like you, all I ask is for them to stop smuggling of petrol like they stopped that of crude that affects their national cake largesse.

Whatever doesn't affect them is sold to use by their agents like you as impossible.
They should move the pump price to 250 and block leakages. Simple.

You want N40 fuel, so stop pretending.

And you don't want N250 fuel.

Anyway, this is my last time responding to you. You threatened to dox me, and I don't take kindly to threats.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by Emman08: 12:39pm On Oct 25, 2022
Nigerians have never had it this bad with fuel scarcity. How far Mr Petroleum minister?
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by Angelfrost(m): 12:39pm On Oct 25, 2022
Kasssandra:

Well, the elephant in the room is complete removal of subsidy.

Because we have delayed something that should have happened since 1989, even since 1993....we are in this mess. I mean removing subsidy.

I blame Buhari well well, for not removing subsidy on June 1 2015 (like Ruto did in Kenya within 2-3 days of taking over). Maybe he would have lost in 2019, but by then, the worst would have been over.

Exactly... The same Buhari and Tinubu who ganged up against Jonathan for taking this bold step years ago!

The danger of electing shortsighted and selfish leaders!
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by Equity15(m): 12:40pm On Oct 25, 2022
Kasssandra:

We know what to do to solve the fuel crisis...simply remove fuel subsidy, and let the marekters and transporters determine the price.

Nothing to do with religon, tribalism, and so forth. Remove subsidy, and the marketers, transporters, et al would be able to afford the cost of transporting fuel and selling it. Plus the concept of domestic refining would become profitable.

But most Nigerians don't want subsidy gone...and that includes the rich, poor, slaves, free, Muslim and Christian and idol worshipper, ecist, buddhist, atheist etc...because MOST of us think that cheap fuel is 'beneficial'

Meanwhile, the cost of cheap fuel is a rising deficit in our budget. Made worse by rising costs of production due to rising refining costs....due to rising cost of crude oil, and a continous rise in refining costs...because it does cost money to refine fuel.

If we removed subsidy...like Ghana, Niger, etc...we won't have scarcity again.

Before anyone quotes me...yes I know people will suffer if subsoidy goes. But with subsidy in place...we have a rising deficit....in our budget....and that forces us to take loans. And we cannot eat our cake and have it. I know. And I know things would eventuallybe better if subsidy goes.

That's all I am saying.

Modified

Simply put, if you want free flow of goods and services, everyone on the chain has to make a profit for it to happen. If you don't get that, then I can't explain it any better re subsidy.
please they shouldn't remove any susbsidy. Same story they said about rice and naira. Now we are buying rice for almost 45k and naira almost 750 per dollar.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 25, 2022
SKIBiNSKI:
It boggles the mind.

Well, the thing is, if it goes, people will suffer badly from the raised prices.. If it stays, people will still suffer badly from the deficit induced issues..

But in my opinion, it has to go.

It is the worst catch 22 choice that any government has to make...subsidy go, or subsidy stay. Either way, it ends badly.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by Theunbothered: 12:41pm On Oct 25, 2022
Kasssandra:

Not enough.

You have to guarantee that the people invilved in refining, and transporting and selling petrol make enough of a profit to do so...and that can be done by removing subsidy.

The profit generated would in turn prevent the looting and stealing of petrol. Because since it now is profitable to refine and sell petrol in Nigeria with a hypothetical subsidy removal...no one would loot and steal petrol...since the incentive would be to go into either refining, transporting or selling petrol....

Also, government would reap money from more revenue from investment and taxes...meaning they can pay the security forces better among other things...meaning they would be incentivised to keep an eye on the lines.

Once you force someone to sell at a loss, either they go out of business, or they engage in criminal activities.

Baba Buhari has already directed fuel subsidy to be removed next year after 8 years, others will bear the brunt of that decision. grin
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by nakamoraa(m): 12:41pm On Oct 25, 2022
The same issue here in Aba.

No fuel on sight since morning.

I dey carry my Keg dey go back shop like this, the only Filling station � that has Fuel ⛽ carry plenty Queues.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by Nobody: 12:43pm On Oct 25, 2022
Angelfrost:

Exactly... The same Buhari and Tinubu who ganged up against Jonathan for taking this bold step years ago!

The danger of electing shortsighted and selfish leaders!

True, but it wasn't just Buhari and Tinubu.....most Nigerians then were opposed. Even GEJ supporters were opposed.

Subsidy is the one thing Nigerians want and want alone. Even when it is explained why it is bad....they still want it.

If Buhari and tinubu had supported subsidy removal in 2011/12...I guarantee you that both of them, and GEJ and the entire PDP and APC people would have been out of power by 2014, and replaced with a ;revolutionary' government that would keep the subsidy.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by eburuu: 12:44pm On Oct 25, 2022
If you ever feel tired in Nigeria third mainland bridge those not has a security guards lipsrsealed embarassed

Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by Nobody: 12:47pm On Oct 25, 2022
Equity15:
please they shouldn't remove any susbsidy. Same story they said about rice and naira. Now we are buying rice for almost 45k and naira almost 750 per dollar.

1.In 1982, we used to subsidsze bread, milk and sugar. By 1985, the subsidy was gone because it cost our budget too much to do so. Buhari was removed by IBB who did not restore those subsidies.

2.Subsidy on petrol has chopped nearly half our budget this year, and is projected to eatr more before the year runs out.

3.If GEJ had not removed subsidy on Diesel and kerosene, by now subsides on refined products would have eaten all our budget, and we would have to borrow to finance everything else. On top of the borrowing we are doing now.

4.Subsidy eats money. Because if the cost of production is rising, and the subsidised price is not rising..the cost of subsidy will rise. And this is before we bring in corruption and the like.s

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by HarlequinLekex: 12:47pm On Oct 25, 2022
Penguin2:

See, Whatever it is that gives you people this kind of confidence will fail you and your master in Jesus name.
Let the church hear what the Spirit has to tell the church.
Tinubu will become the presido whether u like it or not,e get why.

Rebuke
Kasssandra
Lightorder
Judal
gonkin
Reinaldo
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by HarlequinLekex: 12:47pm On Oct 25, 2022
Penguin2:

See, Whatever it is that gives you people this kind of confidence will fail you and your master in Jesus name.

Rebuke
Kasssandra
Lightorder
Judal
gonkin
Reinaldo

Tinubu will rig the election no matter the tech they use;he can even sack the leader of inec from london on his sick bed
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by Nobody: 12:48pm On Oct 25, 2022
Theunbothered:

Baba Buhari has already directed fuel subsidy to be removed next year after 8 years, others will bear the brunt of that decision. grin

And if Obi or Atiku remove subsidy when they take over, it would be a wise decision indeed...and I am not joking. I mean it.

Something that should have gone since 1993, even since 2012 self.

Ruto of Kenya did partial removal of subsidy in his country within 2 days of taking over. Yes, Kenyans are suffering like Nigerians.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 25, 2022
HarlequinLekex:

Tinubu will rig the election no matter the tech they use;he can even sack the leader of inec from london on his sick bed

Stop the mentions.

Tinubu we no want. After 8 years of APC failure, they will lose.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by nedekid: 12:52pm On Oct 25, 2022
Fuel scarcity de naija? shocked
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by RepoMan007: 12:52pm On Oct 25, 2022
Kasssandra:

You want N40 fuel, so stop pretending.

And you don't want N250 fuel.

Anyway, this is my last time responding to you. You threatened to dox me, and I don't take kindly to threats.
I pretend not.
N250 and the smugglers will go into farming or pure water business like their crude smuggling counterpart are about to but paid stooges like you are blocking it.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by eldoradoxx: 12:52pm On Oct 25, 2022
Abuja scarcity is blamed on flooding in Kogi. What do we blame the Lagos scarcity on ? I guess Peter Obi and IPOB
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by Macphenson: 12:56pm On Oct 25, 2022
modsfucker:
Wasn't there fuel scarcity when PDP was in power? Have you forgotten the annual December fuel scarcity that we no longer experience?
was it not part of the things APC used and demonized Jonathan, promising they were going to put and end to it.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 25, 2022
RepoMan007:
I pretend not.
N250 and the smugglers will go into farming or pure water business like their crude smuggling counterpart are about to but paid stooges like you are blocking it.

Sorry, but you want cheap fuel

I want fuel to be sold at a price that would make the marketer, refiner, and transporter give us fuel....and not have to resort to any free government money in the name of subsidy.

The partial removal you are proposing...Buhari has done it several times since he took power...like all his predecessors. And it has improved nothing.

Also, it won't stop smuggling. Fuel costs almost N400 in all our neighbours. N600 and more in Ghana. At N250...that's a profit of N150 per liter at least for any smuggler to take fuel across the border....and earn a profit.

Niger republic is already complaining about cheap fuel from Nigeria being too much.

It has nothing to do with oppressors...and everything to do with allowing businesspeople make enough of a profit to keep servicies running well.

1 Like

Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by Equity15(m): 1:01pm On Oct 25, 2022
Kasssandra:

1.In 1982, we used to subsidsze bread, milk and sugar. By 1985, the subsidy was gone because it cost our budget too much to do so. Buhari was removed by IBB who did not restore those subsidies.

2.Subsidy on petrol has chopped nearly half our budget this year, and is projected to eatr more before the year runs out.

3.If GEJ had not removed subsidy on Diesel and kerosene, by now subsides on refined products would have eaten all our budget, and we would have to borrow to finance everything else. On top of the borrowing we are doing now.

4.Subsidy eats money. Because if the cost of production is rising, and the subsidised price is not rising..the cost of subsidy will rise. And this is before we bring in corruption and the like.s
so what's the price of bread , kerosene (even though people don't use it as much as they use to), and diesel right now? Where are the funds that was previously used to subsidize these things? Have we felt the impact of the funds since 19whatever they removed it.
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 25, 2022
Equity15:
so what's the price of bread , kerosene (even though people don't use it as much as they use to), and diesel right now? Where are the funds that was previously used to subsidize these things? Have we felt the impact of the funds since 19whatever they removed it.

We are feeling the impact...we have more money to spend on the regular budget things.

If we were still subsidsing those things...then our budget for subsides would be greater than our actual budget for everything...

Here is the problem with subsidy

1.Let's say I am ruling Nigeria

2.In 2002, I order that a loaf of bread be sold at N80...at the time it costs N180 to make one loaf. I pay a subsidy of N100 per loaf.

3.My succesors maintain the subsidy....fastforward to 2022...and now it costs N1000 to make a loaf of bread...meaning that if I want to keep bread at N80 ...I have to pay at least N920 per loaf as subsidy....either that or the bakers go out of business.

4.In addition, I have to pay for the transport of the bread to cover for any rise in trapsport costs over the years.

That's why subsides are bad. Costs of making subsidised things rise...and either government spends more money subsidsing it yearly....which could get to a point where subsidy costs are higher than our revenue from government.

4 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by okechuks22: 1:10pm On Oct 25, 2022
HarlequinLekex:
Tinubu will become the presido whether you like it or not
that will be over ur dead body
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by IbeOkehie: 1:15pm On Oct 25, 2022
Fuel subsidy has to go. That's all.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by Penguin2: 1:17pm On Oct 25, 2022
Kasssandra:

Well, the scarcity has worsened over the last 2 years....and that's because the APC's temporary fix is not working anymore...ie the idea of making NNPC bear the subsidy of fuel by itself.

(We had scarcity under PDP, because eventually government was having issues paying independent improters of fuel their subsidy claims. By 2017, Buhari made NNPC the sole importer...even then those claims were not paid in full till 2018 ending...and some were from 2013, maybe even earlier.)

At some point, PDP, LP, APC and Nigerians better wake up and face the truth that selling fuel below N200 is no longer realistic, and was never relaistic for years.

I like ur knowledge of the industry and I’m also in support that Subsidy should go.

The national treasury is bleeding because of it.

Budget deficit because of it.

We are not having gains of crude oil sells because of it.

When properly computed, you’d realize that we are losing more by sustaining subsidy than removing it… and I’m talking about even the common man.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by alimiadedayo1: 1:18pm On Oct 25, 2022
Kasssandra:

Do you know the implication of fuel subsidy

1.A rising deficit in the budget over the years...which is part of why we are taking more loans.

2.Bad refineries, due to the fact that NNPC cannot, over the decades, make enough of a profit to sustain them at a high standard.

3.Loss of billions of naira and dollars due to corruption , smuggling by big men and poor people of petrol to all our neighbours...which worsens our budget deficit...which pushes us into more loans.

4.Dangote is going to run a monopoly because most people who would have invested in new refineries cannot because it would mean they sell fuel at a loss from said refinery...due to subsidy.

YES I KNOW.....AND YES I KNOW THE SUBSIDY IS COSTING US MONEY. It took me a long time before I could accept the truths I have spoken...because 15 years ago, I thought like you did. Until my eyes opened.

So go and sit down...Mr Man. You are talking what you don't know.
is you that know everything Mr man I know all with your analysis in your mind you are very intelligent and know what you are saying.. in reality most of what you guys copy and paste from someone is not viable I know u did copy and paste hook and sink
Re: Fuel Scarcity In Lagos: What’s Your Experience? (pictures) by IbeOkehie: 1:20pm On Oct 25, 2022
Kasssandra:

We are feeling the impact...we have more money to spend on the regular budget things.

If we were still subsidsing those things...then our budget for subsides would be greater than our actual budget for everything...

Here is the problem with subsidy

1.Let's say I am ruling Nigeria

2.In 2002, I order that a loaf of bread be sold at N80...at the time it costs N180 to make one loaf. I pay a subsidy of N100 per loaf.

3.My succesors maintain the subsidy....fastforward to 2022...and now it costs N1000 to make a loaf of bread...meaning that if I want to keep bread at N80 ...I have to pay at least N920 per loaf as subsidy....either that or the bakers go out of business.

4.In addition, I have to pay for the transport of the bread to cover for any rise in trapsport costs over the years.

That's why subsides are bad. Costs of making subsidised things rise...and either government spends more money subsidsing it yearly....which could get to a point where subsidy costs are higher than our revenue from government.

Most Nigerians simply can't think beyond their immediate greed. They want everything cheap, they always want to outsmart every system.

Your moderation is commendable. In my view all subsidies in Nigeria should be scrapped. You'll be amazed if you dare to list the goods and services subjected to subsidies and price controls in Nigeria.

Anyhow as the typical Nigerian will say...it is well....LOL

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Live: APC Presidential Rally Katsina State! / Flood Displaces Residents In Owerri After 12-Hour Rain (Photos) / Alaafin Writes Fayemi, Asks Him To Stop Actions Against Traditional Rulers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.