Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,764 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid (2200 Views)

5 Projects A Junior Developer Should Have In Their Portfolio To Get Hired Fast / For Every Beginner Who Asked - Which Language Should I Start With? Watch This / Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by Devdevdev(f): 11:30am On Oct 25, 2022
These YouTubers are popular, with hundreds of thousands of subscribers, but will only waste your time when you are learning front end web developement.

John Smilga from Coding Addict: This guy probably has shares in freeCodeCamp as they always feature his poor quality videos. This guy will waste your time. He spends hours explaining very basic concepts, and doesnt give time to the really important ones. You will spend hours on his videos and only end up learning 1% of what you want to learn. Avoid him at all cost. Anytime you see his videos on FreeCodeCamp YouTube page, just skip. He is a time wasting idiot.

Brad Traversy from Traversy Media: This guy just brushes the surface of anything he teaches. He is a complete waste of time and never beginner friendly. The only time he drops useful content for beginners is in his Udemy videos which you have to pay for, but his YouTube content is crap.

Clever Programmer: This one is a fraud. He has zero teaching skills and just focuses on "guiding" you though dumb ass projects. He doesn't even know JavaScript let alone React, but purports to be a king in these languages. He is from a Python background and even at that, he still can't teach python.

If you are a beginner wanting to learn Programming, sse these channels instead.

CSS - Kevin Powell, Dave Gray.

Sass, Tailwind and BEM - Coder Coder, NetNinja, Dave Gray.

JavaScript - Dave Gray, BroCode, WebDevSimplified.

Python - Tech with Tim

React - PapaReact, BenAwad, DaveGray, WebDevSimplified, NetNinja, Code with Basir

In fact, Dave Gray's videos on HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Tailwind, React and Redux, combined with tids and bits from the others I have listed, along with you building projects on your own, are enough to facilitate your learning as a beginner front end developer.

4 Likes

Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by Maxxim: 11:48am On Oct 25, 2022
Lol, I share same view as yours, I commenced learning about the backend with node Js some weeks ago through free code camp then I was redirected to this 8 hours code addict course, I knew something was wrong in the first 30min and after a hour I just dished it though I'm still looking for alternative to learn,
Traverse is not good for beginners, the way the guy sounds sef it's just like they're forcing em to make the video.

Kyle from web simplified is also my fav, Kevin Powell also for css

4 Likes

Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by chukwuebuka65(m): 11:54am On Oct 25, 2022
Devdevdev:
These YouTubers are popular with hundreds of thousands of subscribers, but will only waste your time when you are learning to front end developement..

John Smilga from Coding Addict: This guy probably has shares in freeCodeCamp as they always feature his poor quality videos. This guy will waste your time. He spends hours explaining very basic concepts, and doesnt give time to the really important ones. You will spend hours on his videos and only end up learning 1% of what you want to learn. Avoid him at all cost. Anytime you see his videos on FreeCodeCamp YouTube page, just skip. He is a time wasting idiot.

Brad Traversy from Traversy Media: This guy just brushes the surface of anything he teaches. He is a complete waste of time and never beginner friendly. The only time he drops useful content for beginners is in his Udemy videos which you have to pay, but his YouTube content is crap.

Clever Programmer: This one is a fraud. He has zero teaching skills and just focuses on "guiding" you though dumb ass projects. He doesn't even know JavaScript let alone React. He is from a Python background and even at that, he can't even teach.

If you are a beginner wanting to learn Programming, Use these channels instead.

JavaScript - Dave Gray, BroCode and WebDevSimplified

Python - Tech with Tim

React - PapaReact, BenAwad, DaveGray, WebDevSimplified, NetNinja, Code with Basir

In fact, Dave Gray's videos on HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Tailwind, React and Redux, combined with tids and bits from the others I have listed, along with you building projects on your own, are enough to facilitate your learning as a beginner front end developer.

I don’t know why you put brad traversy there. It depends on what you are looking for in a video. You can’t watch a crash course video and expect to be a pro in that subject. Most of brad’s videos are crash courses. Videos are just introductions to subjects. If you are expecting to learn everything from a videos, you will be disappointed.

9 Likes

Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by Devdevdev(f): 11:54am On Oct 25, 2022
Maxxim:
Lol, I share same view as yours, I commenced learning about the backend with node Js some weeks ago through free code camp then I was redirected to this 8 hours code addict course, I knew something was wrong in the first 30min and after a hour I just dished it though I'm still looking for alternative to learn,
Traverse is not good for beginners, the way the guy sounds sef it's just like they're forcing em to make the video.

Kyle from web simplified is also my fav, Kevin Powell also for css

Coding addict is the worst teacher in the world. An absolute waste of time. I don't go to free code camp anymore because of him, because I feel if they can keep putting out his rubbish content, I wonder what other rubbish they are putting out.

For Node JS and MERN Stack, just use Dave Gray. That guy is a blessing. He goes straight to the point and knows how to teach. If you understand his tutorial on a topic, every other tutorial will seem like child's play.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by Maxxim: 11:56am On Oct 25, 2022
Devdevdev:

Coding addict is the worst teacher in the world. An absolute waste of time. I don't go to free code camp anymore because of him, because I feel if they can keep putting out his rubbish content, I wondetr what other rubbish they are putting out.

For Node JS and MERN Stack, just use Dave Gray. That guy is a blessing. He goes straight to the point and knows how to teach. If you understand his tutorial on a topic, every other tutorial on YouTube will seem like child's play.
Lol
Thanks for the recommendation, I'll check em out
Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by Devdevdev(f): 12:00pm On Oct 25, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

I don’t know why you put brad traversy there. It depends on what you are looking for in a video. You can’t watch a crash course video and expect to be a pro in that subject. Most of brad’s videos are crash courses. Videos are just introductions to subjects. If you are expecting to learn everything from a videos, you will be disappointed.

Brad Traversy doesn't put any work into his YouTube courses. Anyone who makes crash courses for beginners shouldn't even be taken seriously. Crash courses aren't for beginners.

Brad doesn't teach like he even cares about whether you understand what he is teaching or not. Everything is surface level. Zero depth. Any beginner front end dev who uses his YouTube videos will end up in tutorial hell forever.

2 Likes

Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by Nickisindigo(m): 4:41pm On Oct 25, 2022
I use Dave gray to learn nodeJS
Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by tensazangetsu20(m): 5:32pm On Oct 25, 2022
The GOAT is maximillian schwartzmuller. I owe my career to the guy You are absolutely right about brad traversy. His tutorials arent in depth and just rushed through but you dare not say it outside.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by Carmal90(m): 5:35pm On Oct 25, 2022
Devdevdev:
These YouTubers are popular, with hundreds of thousands of subscribers, but will only waste your time when you are learning front end web developement.

Brad Traversy from Traversy Media: This guy just brushes the surface of anything he teaches. He is a complete waste of time and never beginner friendly. The only time he drops useful content for beginners is in his Udemy videos which you have to pay for, but his YouTube content is crap.

Clever Programmer: This one is a fraud. He has zero teaching skills and just focuses on "guiding" you though dumb ass projects. He doesn't even know JavaScript let alone React, but purports to be a king in these languages. He is from a Python background and even at that, he still can't teach python.

Python - Tech with Tim

That Dave Gray is good, but to me he is not beginner..
I just finished his 8 hours course on react, believe me, i grap little until i watched netninja react series
Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by Carmal90(m): 5:39pm On Oct 25, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
The GOAT is maximillian schwartzmuller. I owe my career to the guy You are absolutely right about brad traversy. His tutorials arent in depth and just rushed through but you dare not say it outside.

That guy Maximilian is good.
I want to buy his react course sef

1 Like

Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by Devdevdev(f): 5:44pm On Oct 25, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Maximilian schwarzuller is Academind on YouTube. I'm wary of YouTubers with extremely successful tutorials on Udemy. I just feel they might not put as much work into their YouTube videos on those topics.
Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by tensazangetsu20(m): 6:15pm On Oct 25, 2022
Devdevdev:

Maximilian schwarzuller is Academind on YouTube. I'm wary of YouTubers with extremely successful tutorials on Udemy. I just feel they might not put as much work into their YouTube videos on those topics.

Yeah he's very very good. His courses are very indepth and I still refer to his JavaScript course in my day to day job as a developer. The guys courses are really good.

1 Like

Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by Ayinke93(f): 6:17pm On Oct 25, 2022
for advance javascript and interview prep, checkout Ashkay saini. guy is a god!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by Devdevdev(f): 6:40pm On Oct 25, 2022
Ayinke93:
for advance javascript and interview prep, checkout Ashkay saini. guy is a god!

The accent gets in to way though, and some of his content is in his native Indian language.
Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by LikeAking: 8:44pm On Oct 25, 2022
Vidoes no follow at all.

NA practice and build 9 b d Koko..

I can't learn one thing from vids

1 Like

Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by Ajibade123(m): 8:58pm On Oct 25, 2022
tensazangetsu20:
Broooooo I have this same opinion about him but you dare not say it outside because he has 1m subscribers
His followers will crucify you before you even finished the statement
Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by Devdevdev(f): 9:15pm On Oct 25, 2022
LikeAking:
Vidoes no follow at all.

What type of videos have you tried to use?
Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by Anonime1105(m): 9:51pm On Oct 25, 2022
Devdevdev:

Python - Tech with Tim

Dave gray and the net ninja are my go-to guys

1 Like

Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by airsaylongcome: 1:57am On Oct 26, 2022
LikeAking:
Vidoes no follow at all.

Based on the guru path abi?
Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by LikeAking: 1:05pm On Oct 26, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Based on the guru path abi?

Baba!, I dey hail o.

Vids tutorials no b my thing.
Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by LikeAking: 1:19pm On Oct 26, 2022
Devdevdev:

What type of videos have you tried to use?

Apart from the very short ones focused on solving a particular problem, the very long vids about building Apps is not for my brain and mind...

I use materials in written form mostly. Go through codes by experts, then leet code challenges help me alot ...
Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by Ayinke93(f): 6:31pm On Oct 26, 2022
Devdevdev:

The accent gets in to way though, and some of his content is in his native Indian language.

I've been watching Indian content since school days and I've forced myself to understand them when they speak. Those guys are good, and i won't allow their accent stand as a barrier. You should checkout his Namaste Javascript series, premium content

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by Deicide: 10:48pm On Oct 27, 2022
I like watching Coder Coder videos cause she would show you everything, anything she doesn't understand she'll check Google, which is what real life programming is about.

Any channel that the host is India I always avoid it cause this guys seems like they cram everything down to the dot and vormit it back to us. You would end up not understanding anything.

Though for my undergrad I didn't have any choice cause most course the tutorials on them you would see online Na India person and my GOTO people where Jenny's Lecture and Gaurav sen

5 Likes

Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by tollyboy5(m): 9:16am On Oct 28, 2022
chukwuebuka65:

I'm so surprised traversy media is on the list.
That guy crash course can explain almost all major technical part you'll need to understand.

The OP is just a junior beginner.

1 Like

Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by Playermayweda(m): 11:22am On Oct 28, 2022
Brad Traversy isn't bad, what are you saying. I learn higher order functions from the guy and he explained it in a way I couldn't misunderstand him. Remove him from this list.

Netninja is the best.

4 Likes

Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 28, 2022
Watch coder coder
She's a hot and pretty dev girl

1 Like

Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by airsaylongcome: 2:54pm On Oct 28, 2022
Ayinke93:

I've been watching Indian content since school days and I've forced myself to understand them when they speak. Those guys are good, and i won't allow their accent stand as a barrier. You should checkout his Namaste Javascript series, premium content

While I mostly agree with you, but Omo! some of their accents is conc Tetraoxosulphaye (VI) Acid. Downloaded a 35GB Udemy course on Data Engineering taught by an Indian. I jejely deleted the entire 35Gig after watching the four videos in Lesson 1. The accent was maaaaad. I couldn't cope

2 Likes

Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by Deicide: 4:50pm On Oct 28, 2022
MethPedo:
Watch coder coder
She don marry o, Na person wife be that cheesy
Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by dapojaja(m): 8:47pm On Oct 28, 2022
Mosh Hamedani is also great

1 Like

Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by Ayinke93(f): 11:03pm On Oct 29, 2022
airsaylongcome:

While I mostly agree with you, but Omo! some of their accents is conc Tetraoxosulphaye (VI) Acid. Downloaded a 35GB Udemy course on Data Engineering taught by an Indian. I jejely deleted the entire 35Gig after watching the four videos in Lesson 1. The accent was maaaaad. I couldn't cope

grin grin grin grin grin I feel you completely
Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by Promiseduke(m): 1:09pm On Oct 30, 2022
Indians still remain the best.
They might have some typos, glitches but deep down you'll see an in born desire to teach wholeheartedly.

2 Likes

Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by Nobody: 6:36pm On Oct 30, 2022
MethPedo:
Watch coder coder
Lol you're not serious

(1) (2) (Reply)

Registration/login Page With Php / Hashtag Highlighting Like Twitter With Javascript / Please download and review my Practical Mathematics App

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.