Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,782 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:56 PM

Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid (2257 Views)

5 Projects A Junior Developer Should Have In Their Portfolio To Get Hired Fast / For Every Beginner Who Asked - Which Language Should I Start With? Watch This / Front-End Developer Or Back-End Developer: Which Job Title Has A Higher Salary? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by ekehopp2: 5:35am On Dec 15, 2023
Devdevdev:
These YouTubers are popular, with hundreds of thousands of subscribers, but will only waste your time when you are learning front end web developement.

John Smilga from Coding Addict: This guy probably has shares in freeCodeCamp as they always feature his poor quality videos. This guy will waste your time. He spends hours explaining very basic concepts, and doesnt give time to the really important ones. You will spend hours on his videos and only end up learning 1% of what you want to learn. Avoid him at all cost. Anytime you see his videos on FreeCodeCamp YouTube page, just skip. He is a time wasting idiot.

Brad Traversy from Traversy Media: This guy just brushes the surface of anything he teaches. He is a complete waste of time and never beginner friendly. The only time he drops useful content for beginners is in his Udemy videos which you have to pay for, but his YouTube content is crap.

Clever Programmer: This one is a fraud. He has zero teaching skills and just focuses on "guiding" you though dumb ass projects. He doesn't even know JavaScript let alone React, but purports to be a king in these languages. He is from a Python background and even at that, he still can't teach python.

If you are a beginner wanting to learn Programming, sse these channels instead.

CSS - Kevin Powell, Dave Gray.

Sass, Tailwind and BEM - Coder Coder, NetNinja, Dave Gray.

JavaScript - Dave Gray, BroCode, WebDevSimplified.

Python - Tech with Tim

React - PapaReact, BenAwad, DaveGray, WebDevSimplified, NetNinja, Code with Basir

In fact, Dave Gray's videos on HTML, CSS, JavaScript, Tailwind, React and Redux, combined with tids and bits from the others I have listed, along with you building projects on your own, are enough to facilitate your learning as a beginner front end developer.

Haba. They are all Gods. You just can't negate the entirety of someone's work. They almost have all been a blessing to me in different ways.

But you mustn't always default to Youtube, there's freeCodecamp, Codecademy, Scrima etc.
Depending on topic, check what works for you.
Re: Useless Youtube Channels Every Beginner Front End Developer Should Avoid by nearline(m): 3:19pm On Dec 15, 2023
🚨NB:Don’t take the following opinion too seriously. Use whatever works for you.

All these indomie generation developers sef. When I was learning programming I learned by reading documentations not watching youtube videos. I still read a crap tonne of documentation even till date. I only watch videos once in a blue moon and mostly when the stuff I'm learning is not really about coding itself even though it might be related.
JavaScript? MDN, Professional JavaScript for Web Developers (3rd edition) and other ebooks e.t.c.
Python? The official Python documentation.
MySQL? The official MySQL documentation.
CSS? MDN and a lot of ebooks and online text based resources.
And et cetera….
I just like to read. Works for me. Also written materials tend to be well planned and reviewed before they are published. That means quality content.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Sad Truth About Programming Career In Nigeria / OpenAI ChatGPT Conversation AI Shocked The World / Please Help With This Python Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.