Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,467 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Yoruba Council Of Elders Got N17.5m Bribe For Third Term - Tinubu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Council Of Elders Got N17.5m Bribe For Third Term - Tinubu (2497 Views)

How Bribe For INEC By Diezani Through Fidelity Bank Was Shared - SR (pic) / Photos : Members Of Yoruba Council Of Elders Visit Jonathan At State House Today / Yoruba Council Of Elders (YCE) Wants Tambuwal Tried With Bankole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yoruba Council Of Elders Got N17.5m Bribe For Third Term - Tinubu by Larufa(m): 1:05pm On Feb 26, 2006
As controversy continues to trail the alleged third term bid of President Olusegun Obasanjo, Lagos State Governor, Bola Ahmed Tinubu has made a startling revelation of how the top ranks of the Yoruba Council of Elders (YCE) received a N15 million bribe from the third term facilitators in the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP) to get the nod of the South West.

[url=http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2006/feb/25/national%20-25-02-2006-002.htm]***********|<The Sun Newspaper> |***********[/url]

Can these old people be trusted to protect our interest?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Got N17.5m Bribe For Third Term - Tinubu by LoverBwoy(m): 5:06pm On Feb 26, 2006
All those so called elders should be shot all they do is go about givin people titile n speakin on behalf of the people with conscience, the celebrate day in day out with new cars being donated to them partyin lavishly

It seems the citizens of that country are forever waiting n watchin instead of actually doing something, the next thing will be denying it happened anyway sha like they say in nigeria " God is in control" " we pray God will take us through" grin
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Got N17.5m Bribe For Third Term - Tinubu by Akolawole(m): 7:22pm On Feb 26, 2006
@Onanuga

This is a lie.

Is it buying Baba Alayande with #20m at 90 years or what?

or buying Dr Kunle Olajide with that amount.

I am not rulling out them supporting OBJ but i doubt the money issue.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Got N17.5m Bribe For Third Term - Tinubu by Larufa(m): 10:32am On Feb 27, 2006
@Akolawole, I never mentioned Pa Alanyande not even General Adebayo, as one of the beneficials of the bride ooooo.

But I know and am sure it was Dr. Kunle olajide that presented YCE paper supporting OBJ 3rd term.
And I have no reason to trust him when it comes to money issue. Lest u forget he is one of the peolpe that supported Abacha Life presidency. A leopard never changes its spots.

I know Dr. Kunle Olajide very well, infact his hospital (Group Medical) is very close to my former office at Mokola area in Ibadan and company hospital. He house in Bodija is adjacent to my Great Uncle's House in Bodija also in Ibadan. He is from Efon Alaye in Ekiti State. He talks with both sides of the mouth. I have had several one - one encounter with him, thus I know too well to commend about his person.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Got N17.5m Bribe For Third Term - Tinubu by nobody2: 11:06am On Feb 27, 2006
the issue here is not wether they took bribe or not. the issue should be why 3rd term. if the constitution is changed for the so called 3rd term, who is assuring us that it will not be changed for a fourth term.
let nigerians and the unfortunate elders of nigeria be reasonable.
why is OBJ out of the population of Nigeria wants to spend all his life on seat as the president.
in fact, i want to start my own fresh campaign and this will be for Gbenga Obasanjo to take over without election.
please let the constitution review panel consider this request.
what a crazy country? Cliton who is been looked at as the best president America did not amend the US constitution to bid for 3rd term why OBJ.
the worst part of it is that he has been doing his under-ground work and not saying anything until the innocent citzens of Nigeria will begin to kill themselves in crises, only then we will hear him say something.
he has been warned and i know the same spirit that kept Abacha and killed him on the seat is still in Aso-Rock and will still resurface at the right time and this time the facilitators will not be allowed to go scot free.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Got N17.5m Bribe For Third Term - Tinubu by otokx(m): 2:29pm On Feb 27, 2006
i doubt this story.

What is N17.5m?

If it was N17.5b, it would have been better.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Got N17.5m Bribe For Third Term - Tinubu by Akolawole(m): 2:57pm On Feb 27, 2006
@Onanuga

Thanks for your comments but i believe i know him more than that, he is Waziri Ibrahim of Yoruba politics.
He may not be "Rich" but he's no beggar.

[ Is your office opposite IBB campaign office or towards Bepo ?]

I don't have any record of him being an Abachaman anyway!

If you say Dr Olajide collect the said money, Is it with the knowledge of Baba Alayande etc ?

I am a poor man but i don't think #17m can buy me sha let alone men of integrity cool
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Got N17.5m Bribe For Third Term - Tinubu by Larufa(m): 4:06pm On Feb 27, 2006
@Akolawole , if he is the "WAZIRI" of yoruba politic he would never had supported Abacha Life presidency nor OBJ 3rd term. Late Waziri stood for politics without bitter. But Dr. Kunle Olajide is the opposite of that. Ask around and you will confirm that he supported Abacha life presidency, better still cross check the fact with Galaxy Television, they have recorded. He is never a man of integrity.
It can never be with the knowledge of Baba Alayande and General Adebayo, these are men of proven intergity and Honour.

@otokx, 17.5m Naira might be a small amount of money to u, but these old people of YCE are oliver twist, nothing is too small or big 2 buy their concisence. Look how much did Ahlaji Shofolayan collected to give away Ahlaja Kudirat Abiola-- less than 250K.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Got N17.5m Bribe For Third Term - Tinubu by gbadex1(m): 5:22pm On Feb 27, 2006
has anyone among you paused to think this allegations are cock and bull stories all concoted by Tinubu to win few cheap scores and as a way of getting back at OBJ after the accusations of OBJ?
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Got N17.5m Bribe For Third Term - Tinubu by Akolawole(m): 3:22am On Feb 28, 2006
@Onanuga

It seems we are going off topic now(In accordance with Mr Administrator)
onanugaola:

@Akolawole , if he is the "WAZIRI" of yoruba politic he would never had supported Abacha Life presidency nor OBJ 3rd term. Late Waziri stood for politics without bitter. But Dr. Kunle Olajide is the opposite of that.

I doff my hat for you for knowing the literary meaning of " politics without bitterness", but for God sake i could you relate this to Abacha?
Let me give it to you:
He was tagged "Politics, " for the mature way he "allowed" Chief Niyi adebayo to be presented as AD gubanatorial candidate in Ekiti in 1999 even though he was most qualified.

onanugaola:

It can never be with the knowledge of Baba Alayande and General Adebayo, these are men of proven intergity and Honour.

AND

onanugaola:

@otokx, 17.5m Naira might be a small amount of money to u, but these old people of YCE are oliver twist, nothing is too small or big 2 buy their concisence.

How could you reconcile the two statements: (1) General Adebayo and Baba Alayande is not aware of the money AND (2) 17.5m can be taken by old people of YCE.

@Gbadee.x
Thanks for your sensible comment.
Chief Bola Ige ,Asiwaju Tinubu are founding fathers of YCE.
It is an open secrete that Asiwaju and OBJ are political enemies. YCE are supporting OBJ, so what do yopu expect from Tinubu?
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Got N17.5m Bribe For Third Term - Tinubu by Larufa(m): 3:20pm On Feb 28, 2006
@Akolawole, let me tell there is way Dr. Olajide could have defeated Niyi Adebayo for the 1999 AD Gubernatorial Candidacy. Niyi is more Popular than him , ur Dr. is a paperweight politicial. So there is nothing he can do after losing out to a more popular and better candidate. When last was he in Ekiti state?
I mentioned the two great leaders just to tell u that not all memebers of the YCE lack honour. There is no way, they ( the two BABA) would have supported the OBJ 3rd term.

@Gbadee.x, I know a political naive to have narrow it down to Asiwaju vs OBJ. u are attacking the messenger and not address the message. I will accept that atime the message and the messenger are inseperatable. The issue is that did they collected the said amount inorder to support OBJ 3rd term or nor. Are they representing well enough. Remember in Yoruba land we value honours and interity more than anything.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Got N17.5m Bribe For Third Term - Tinubu by lakeside4love(m): 1:34am On Mar 01, 2006
I have enjoy reading all the comments and arguments on this particular topic,

I want to believe this old men really did

The truth about this whole 3rd term brouhaha is that, Baba(obj) is gunning for it, and he is sure goin to remain and possibly gun for another term(4th term), No one can stop him except God, Like he(God) stopped Abacha,

Quoting a statement by PDP man,Olabode George,
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Got N17.5m Bribe For Third Term - Tinubu by 9ijaMan: 8:17pm On Mar 01, 2006
It is appalling to hear that some old for nothing YCE members are supporting the greedy 3rd term bit of baa Iyabo. From whet I've gathered so far YCE is in support of the 3rd term for OBJ. If na so o! They they ought to be sentenced to death by hanging. Sincerely speaking I wonder how 9ijan think,
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Got N17.5m Bribe For Third Term - Tinubu by Akolawole(m): 1:47am On Mar 02, 2006
@9ijaMan
"Sentenced to death by hanging" haba!

Leave them to support OBJ, I like OBJ but i dont like 3rd term bid.

We should just leave Social groups alone, our concern should be THOSE PEOPLE THAT WILL AMMEND THE CONSTITUTION and OBJ himself
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Got N17.5m Bribe For Third Term - Tinubu by gbadex1(m): 4:44pm On Mar 04, 2006
onanugaola:

@Gbadee.x, I know a political naive to have narrow it down to Asiwaju vs OBJ. u are attacking the messenger and not address the message. I will accept that atime the message and the messenger are inseperatable. The issue is that did they collected the said amount inorder to support OBJ 3rd term or nor. Are they representing well enough. Remember in Yoruba land we value honours and interity more than anything.

it seems you are forgetting that Tinubu made allegations, accusations without proof. it doesn't take a detective to put two and two together to figure out what's going on. another thing you are forgetting is that, democracy is all about government and opposition. in this case, tinubu's the opposition. of course, we all know tinubu rigged the lagos elections, but since no one can provide substantial evidence to support that claim, it is viewed as void. besides, looking at this whole situation, i'm not suprised Tinubu used the 'third term bogey' since that's the in-thing nowadays. it seems everybody wants a piece of OBJ nowadays, so what they use is this third-term nonsense to get at him. Tinubu is OBJ's political enemy, vehemently opposes OBJ's administration and his party so i don't need a soothsayer to tell me all that 'elder' bribe nonsense is nothing but a cock and bull story all concocted by none other than Tinubu
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Got N17.5m Bribe For Third Term - Tinubu by wadner1: 3:47pm On Mar 06, 2006
They are disgrace to Yoruba race.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Got N17.5m Bribe For Third Term - Tinubu by Akolawole(m): 11:30am On Mar 11, 2006
@ Wadner1
Who are you reffering to?
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Got N17.5m Bribe For Third Term - Tinubu by Larufa(m): 6:43pm On Mar 13, 2006
@Akolawole, gbade. x,

Are u aware that Dr. Kunle Olajide has being suspended by YCE for his unguided utterances and dishonour roled as per his support for OBJ third term ambition.

He was found guilty by a panel setup by YCE to investigate he role.

God bless credible and Honest Elders.
Long Live Pa Alanyande and General Adebayo.
God bless the Yoruba Nation.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Got N17.5m Bribe For Third Term - Tinubu by Akolawole(m): 10:15pm On Mar 13, 2006
@Ona

Can you now change your topic to OLAJIDE GOT #17.5m BRIBE FOR 3RD TERM.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Got N17.5m Bribe For Third Term - Tinubu by Larufa(m): 6:40pm On Mar 14, 2006
@Akolawode,
Dump head.
Which organisation did he say he was representing during the Zonal Const. Reform.

Se U are supporting him, that he is the WAZIRI of Yoruba politics.

Just advising u to be careful in praise someone next time.

God Bless the Yoruba Nation.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Got N17.5m Bribe For Third Term - Tinubu by Akolawole(m): 3:26pm On Mar 15, 2006
onanugaola:

@Akolawode,
Dump head.

That i dont agree with your views shouldnt warrant insult like that. cool

onanugaola:

@Akolawode,
Dump head.
Which organisation did he say he was representing during the Zonal Const. Reform.
Se U are supporting him, that he is the WAZIRI of Yoruba politics.
Just advising u to be careful in praise someone next time.

He was representing YCE, mind you, he was not suspended for taking bribe o, i think he was suspended for the utterances. Period.

He was called "Waziri Ibrahim" of Yoruba Politics because of the way he conduct himself during primary election of AD in 1999. Adebayo was so impressed that he made him head of Campaign organisation.

Praise who?
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Got N17.5m Bribe For Third Term - Tinubu by Larufa(m): 2:47pm On Mar 16, 2006
@Akolawole,
I am rather surprise by ur statement. you do not think like a typical Yoruba.
The YCE are elders, they have a way codenming you without hurting you.
Do u want they to come out and say their Sec. Gen collected BRIBE. No they will never do such things.
Abo oro la so fun omo lo abi, to ba de inu e a di odidi.
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Got N17.5m Bribe For Third Term - Tinubu by Akolawole(m): 4:19pm On Mar 16, 2006
Ok o

If i secretely collect a couple of millions as a member of Nairaland and somebody says Nairalanders has collected #20m for the 3rd term project..
What are you going to say in this?
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Got N17.5m Bribe For Third Term - Tinubu by PurestBoy(m): 2:44pm On Feb 26, 2009
Akolawole:

Ok o

If i secretely collect a couple of millions as a member of Nairaland and somebody says Nairalanders has collected #20m for the 3rd term project..
What are you going to say in this?

That's true talk bro
Re: Yoruba Council Of Elders Got N17.5m Bribe For Third Term - Tinubu by Becomrrich: 2:49pm On Feb 26, 2009
Stop listen to nonsense, Sun newspaper can say anything. Senator Tinubu may not have said so. It is the divide and rule game. We Yorubas are united.

(1) (Reply)

Protests Over Kalu’s Detention. / Ebonyi Communal Clash Claims More Lives / Excess Crude: Govs Want $3bn Shared

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.