Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? (1442 Views)

7 Most Common Things Most Couples Fight About / The Top 20 Reasons For Divorce That Most {couples} Overlook / Viral Video Shows Couples Basically In Heat As They Grind On One Another Publicl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by ebubeson: 5:43pm On Oct 25, 2022
Please do most couples enjoy marriage on the average? If yes, then nowadays marriage is still very hopeful and attractive...

If you know better statistics, you can contribute
Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by PoliteActivist: 5:45pm On Oct 25, 2022
Marriage is not for "enjoy". Marriage is WORK!
That's what most people don't get

5 Likes

Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by huptin(m): 5:45pm On Oct 25, 2022
ebubeson:
Please do most couples enjoy marriage on the average? If yes, then nowadays marriage is still very hopeful and attractive...

If you know better statistics, you can contribute

I regret getting married every second of the day!

3 Likes

Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by AdamuKD: 5:59pm On Oct 25, 2022
Marriage go sweet a times and e go bitter a times but if na only bitter you dey feel. Quit. Because this life na one come.

Life is too precious to live it with someone you know longer want in your life.

1 Like

Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by AdamuKD: 6:00pm On Oct 25, 2022
huptin:

Brother me why na? What is the matter?
Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by YourLandMyLand: 6:09pm On Oct 25, 2022
huptin:

There is a reason why our fathers had more than 2 wives.... Look at oni of ife

2 Likes

Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by PerfectStranger(m): 6:26pm On Oct 25, 2022
huptin:

You’re not alone. Like 4 of my married friends tell me same, sad and depressed.
May God console you married folks cheesy

Meanwhile, I get clean iPhone 7+ 128gb for sale. No issues at all, buy and use.
Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by Timoleon(m): 6:26pm On Oct 25, 2022
If it’s work as you say, why put oneself through something that’ll be work till one of you dies or the contract is cancelled?
PoliteActivist:
Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by huptin(m): 6:27pm On Oct 25, 2022
AdamuKD:

Brother me why na? What is the matter?

Can't say the reasons on a public forum suffice it to say that women will always treat a kind man badly...they prefer the bad ones.

1 Like

Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by AdamuKD: 6:55pm On Oct 25, 2022
huptin:

Can't say the reasons on a public forum suffice it to say that women will always treat a kind man badly...they prefer the bad ones.
You are very right. I am a guy of 35 years but this is my second Marriage. My first Marriage was hell. It lasted on 7 months. We did wedding and event at keffi barrack . But the lady was just too stubborn and wicked.
For the sake of my life, I ran away and married another early last year. This happened 2017. So marriage is not a do or die affairs. Already, I am happy with this one now.
The lady in question is from Kebbi state, Zuru by tribe

3 Likes

Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by Omuuvwie(m): 7:03pm On Oct 25, 2022
Marriage is a 21century scam.
Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by Sunnepha(m): 7:37pm On Oct 25, 2022
PerfectStranger:

You’re not alone. Like 4 of my married friends tell me same, sad and depressed.
May God console you married folks cheesy

Meanwhile, I get clean iPhone 7+ 128gb for sale. No issues at all, buy and use.
how much is the phone?
Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by PerfectStranger(m): 8:42pm On Oct 25, 2022
Sunnepha:
how much is the phone?
I can give out for 70k

Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by PoliteActivist: 8:54pm On Oct 25, 2022
Timoleon:
If it’s work as you say, why put oneself through something that’ll be work till one of you dies or the contract is cancelled?

Same reason it is more satisfying to make something though it is work, than to just chill and make nothing. Same reason it is more satisfying to engage in productive work than to stay idle and just be given money

2 Likes

Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by Timoleon(m): 9:07pm On Oct 25, 2022
PoliteActivist:

Same reason it is more satisfying to make something though it is work, than to just chill and make nothing. Same reason it is more satisfying to engage in productive work than to stay idle and just be given money
These are mere assumptions. ASUU staff wouldn’t be asking for the salary from 8 months which they did not work. If you ask the average human that if their employers gave them the option not to report to work while their salaries remained constant, how many percent of them do you think will choose to keep going to work?
The length and breadth of Nigeria is filled with abandoned projects, you think the people who abandoned the projects and embezzles the monies feel unsatisfied?
Even your everyday artisan would spend your money without worry and leave you chasing them up and down to complete what you contracted them to do.

Honestly, your answer didn’t cut it but peace unto you. To each his own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by PoliteActivist: 9:19pm On Oct 25, 2022
Timoleon:
These are mere assumptions. ASUU staff wouldn’t be asking for the salary from 8 months which they did not work. If you ask the average human that if their employers gave them the option not to report to work while their salaries remained constant, how many percent of them do you think will choose to keep going to work?
The length and breadth of Nigeria is filled with abandoned projects, you think the people who abandoned the projects and embezzles the monies feel unsatisfied?
Even your everyday artisan would spend your money without worry and leave you chasing them up and down to complete what you contracted them to do.

Honestly, your answer didn’t cut it but peace unto you. To each his own.

You don't get.
Look at it this way: having and raising a child is WORK. Having to maintain a schedule with a spouse is WORK.
It is much easier to not have to do any of these things
BUT it is not as SATISFYING.

1 Like

Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by Timoleon(m): 9:27pm On Oct 25, 2022
Can you prove that it is not as satisfying?
PoliteActivist:

You don't get.
Look at it this way: having and raising a child is WORK. Having to maintain a schedule with a spouse is WORK.
It is much easier to not have to do any of these things
BUT it is not as SATISFYING.
Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by Michelle70(m): 9:30pm On Oct 25, 2022
PoliteActivist:
Marriage is for enjoyment oga.

1 Like

Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by PoliteActivist: 9:53pm On Oct 25, 2022
Timoleon:
Can you prove that it is not as satisfying?

For the MAJORITY of people (not everyone) it is more satisfying to have a family you have to cater for plus the societal recognition and "belong" that comes with it, than to keep your money and enjoy it as you wish.

1 Like

Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by PoliteActivist: 9:58pm On Oct 25, 2022
Michelle70:
Marriage is for enjoyment oga.

If you want enjoyment and freedom, stay single.
If you want WORK and the satisfaction that comes from work and societal recognition and "belong", get married

2 Likes

Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by Moniya4Real(m): 10:14pm On Oct 25, 2022
Marriage can be hell when you marry a stranger. But above All, the character of a woman makes the house to be what it is

1 Like

Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by Timoleon(m): 10:22pm On Oct 25, 2022
You are still making blanket statements. What experiments back up these claims? What’s your proof?
PoliteActivist:

For the MAJORITY of people (not everyone) it is more satisfying to have a family you have to cater for plus the societal recognition and "belong" that comes with it, than to keep your money and enjoy it as you wish.
Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by Streetmovement(m): 10:23pm On Oct 25, 2022
Wotoporiously cool speaking

No, they enjoy constant availability of sex only

This days 90-95% of marriage's are only enjoyed online.

1 Like

Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by PoliteActivist: 10:33pm On Oct 25, 2022
Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by PoliteActivist: 10:35pm On Oct 25, 2022
Timoleon:
You are still making blanket statements. What experiments back up these claims? What’s your proof?

Common sense and people's experience. Otherwise no one would get married nor have children. How is being tied to one person by a vow and having children to raise, how are those things not added responsibility and burden??
Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by Timoleon(m): 10:43pm On Oct 25, 2022
Of course they are added responsibilities and ultimately a burden which gave birth to my question if marriage ultimately brings about a burden, why bother?
PoliteActivist:

Common sense and people's experience. Otherwise no one would get married nor have children. How is being tied to one person by a vow and having children to raise, how are those things not added responsibility and burden??
Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by PoliteActivist: 11:44pm On Oct 25, 2022
Timoleon:
Of course they are added responsibilities and ultimately a burden which gave birth to my question if marriage ultimately brings about a burden, why bother?

Which brought about my answer:
For most people a burden coupled with societal recognition and "belong" is more satisfying than a burdenless life.
This quote sorta captures it:

1 Like

Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by Fiscus105(m): 12:14am On Oct 26, 2022
huptin:

You are the one who deliberately or ignorantly went for bad women when you wanted to married and stop generalising pls. (Provided ur woman is even at fault)

1 Like

Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by Fiscus105(m): 12:24am On Oct 26, 2022
AdamuKD:

You are very right. I am a guy of 35 years but this is my second Marriage. My first Marriage was hell. It lasted on 7 months. We did wedding and event at keffi barrack . But the lady was just too stubborn and wicked.
For the sake of my life, I ran away and married another early last year. This happened 2017. So marriage is not a do or die affairs. Already, I am happy with this one now.
The lady in question is from Kebbi state, Zuru by tribe

When you married right you will enjoy marriage and wen u married wrong u will regret the marriage, no other definition for that.
I'm very sure, you carefully went for good character after ur failed marriage, what happened to you is what is happening to many guys/ladies wen they married in their first attempt.

Many married wrong person mainly cos of physical attraction they had for each other and not good character, they believe things we changed after marriage, but instead, it continuing agravating, meanwhile, most are unfortunately to have opotunity to remarry as u did.

2 Likes

Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by Timoleon(m): 12:27am On Oct 26, 2022
Ok
PoliteActivist:

Which brought about my answer:
For most people a burden coupled with societal recognition and "belong" is more satisfying than a burdenless life.
This quote sorta captures it:
Re: Do Most Couples Enjoy Marriage? by AdamuKD: 6:02am On Oct 26, 2022
Fiscus105:

When you married right you will enjoy marriage and wen u married wrong u will regret the marriage, no other definition for that.
I'm very sure, you carefully went for good character after ur failed marriage, what happened to you is what is happening to many guys/ladies wen they married in their first attempt.

Many married wrong person mainly cos of physical attraction they had for each other and not good character, they believe things we changed after marriage, but instead, it continuing agravating, meanwhile, most are unfortunately to have opotunity to remarry as u did.
You are right. I later connect to my former girlfriend when I was in my 2year. She too married but it didn't work she came out of the marriage we connected and married. I would say I am the luckiest guy because we separated like 11 years ago but fate still brought us together. Now I am enjoying my marriage with my baby on the way in few weeks from now. We didn't have problem connecting because we dated for 3 years then. And we have both learnt from our past marriage mistakes. Everybody dey respect himself now because experience is the best teacher. How did you meet your wife? And which tribe are you?

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Boss Daughter Wants A Relationship With Me / What Do You Think Is Overrated? / I Love Her But....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.