Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,524 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? (7061 Views)

Faith Omodon, Missing Delta Student 'Spotted In Her Boyfriend’s Residence' / Fee Hike: 50% Of Students Will Drop Out Of School In Two Years – ASUU / Dear Final Years, What Is Your Next Plan After Graduation?. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by Theempath: 9:17pm On Oct 25, 2022
Okay, I came accross a post on nairaland's frontpage about someone not having access to his results for two years...

I have a friend who was a roommate that year, we were roommates in 100level, baba was what you define as very intelligent, never missed a class, always went to night class and forfeited his sleep.

On the first semester of 100level,we wrote our exams, infact, he probably gave answers to half of his department in that exam Hall... Only for results to come out and all his results were missing. While the people he taught were jubilating at the A's and B's,. That was the first step to his depression.

Baba started running around like someone who had no life, trying to fix his situation, to no avail, another semester came, he was no where to be seen in class because he was always at the ICT centre or admin, trying to make complaints. Very soon, it started telling on him, you would know he he was going through alot merely looking at him. He went to ICT centre as early as 6am and came back as late as 8pm without being attended to.
Infact, he told me that, the only time he was being attended to, was when one of the people at the ICT saw how sickness don finish am, and how he just sat there, red eyed, waiting to no avail for his turn as usual.

My brothers and sisters, 200 level, his school profile was showing someone elses name, department and whatever. The only thing that didn't change was his reg number...

It's been 2years since we, his set graduated , and his still trying to fix his sh**, in a school and world where nobody probably gives a bleep about nothing.
His parents are confused, he doesn't want to tell them cause somehow, he feel he disappointed them.

If you have any advice, or something he should do to fix everything, kindly drop them here. We all go through alot of different things, but we bear them silently, while trying to fix it...
Love and light.

3 Likes

Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by Kusheer(m): 8:25am On Oct 26, 2022
No be juju be that

1 Like

Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by Ololademrmoney2(m): 8:25am On Oct 26, 2022
Exams and record is the place to be.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by Juanmike(m): 8:26am On Oct 26, 2022
Na village,

2 Likes

Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by HolarQD(m): 8:27am On Oct 26, 2022
The attitude of both academics and non-academics staff in Nigerian public tertiary institutions is quite distasteful. Most of these workers readily treat students as trash and I still don’t understand why. Currently trying to finish clearance so I can go to camp but it seems these people are hellbent on frustrating students no matter your status (except of course you’re ready to rub their palm or you have a valuable connection with them).

I laugh at those who readily support ASUU and NASI against the Nigerian government, if they know the kind of nonchalant attitude tertiary institutions staff display towards students ehn, they would even want to give award to FG for maltreating them too.

Tell the guy to keep on meeting those he thinks can help out. If he can get the VC or deputy VCs contact, he should go directly to them to explain his situation.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by devilmaycry: 8:27am On Oct 26, 2022
These are the possible scenarios

1. He has been subbed ( meaning another have obviously taken his place in school irrespective of the fact his exams number is same)

2. He or his family may have an issue with someone high in that school....u might think its impossible but wicked people do these stuffs in school alot

3. A mistake in department or admission as a whole,meaning they do not have data on him via admission, most people had this issue too...( but I will be shocked if it is,Cos it would have been sorted out since he has been going to the ict )

My little advise

This life no be how we reason am e dey be for all of us...the suppose sch some of us finished that year is not exactly accounted for right now, so he should forget and give himself peace of mind by telling his parent. It is not mandatory you go to school before you make it in life. What's good? He can learn a skill online or physical since he is intelligent, it will help him better and fall sick to a failed educational system.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 26, 2022
This one na spiritual problem. Make he pray for 21 days and 21 nights. The God of Elijah will answer by fire! angry

15 Likes

Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by Johnson225(m): 8:28am On Oct 26, 2022
smiley
Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by Iliveforever(m): 8:28am On Oct 26, 2022
First step to his redemption is to open up to his parents.

Also I think he should get the services of a good lawyer who will write a petition to the federal Ministry of education and the school senate on his behalf over the issue.

He’ll definitely be alright, trust me

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by nkwuocha: 8:29am On Oct 26, 2022
This is wickedness.

2 Likes

Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by fasho01(m): 8:29am On Oct 26, 2022
Was the admission genuine to start with? Cos that may be the reason why. I know incidents like this were common back in the days before post jamb. An individual will see his name on the admission board, go ahead and do registration, pay fees, attend classes and write exams only for the results to be missing. The reason being that there's no data on them in exams and records, and so their name was only added on the admission list. Had lots of people in this situation back then who only found out after graduation

3 Likes

Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by Nobody: 8:29am On Oct 26, 2022
Reminds me of my final year second semester in Rivers State University, i checked my results
online and saw a dash (-) in one of the courses, I knew I couldn't fail so I immediately contacted the Exams and records officer who told me that I had an extra year, but I requested for the result sheet and upon checking it was revealed that I actually passed the course.

I went through a lot of stress trying to rectify the issue, but it was eventually rectified... Nigerian universities can only frustrate you when you don't know your rights as a bona fide student.

How can your friend allow a particular set of people to truncate his destiny like that, he needs the services of a lawyer now more than ever.

Pls let him also inform his parents as their influence may actually help him immensely.

4 Likes

Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by utenwuson: 8:30am On Oct 26, 2022
These are mere hallucinations to make the tertiary looks bizarre.

I'm a lecturer and I can authoritatively tell you that this is not possible, the only possible thing here is that the student may not own that admission, was probably given a fake admission.

All the students have 100 percent access to their HOD, no HOD, will seat and see this slide.

The registrar office is there for a reason, he can approach the registrar, the exam officer will be held by the balls.

Let me give you guys how exams are computed, let say you offer 9 courses, this is 9 different lecturers, each gives you mark of over 40 for CA, and give you mark over 60 for exams, this is computed and you re graded and each lecturer have a time limit to send it to the department exam officer.

The officer input this scores in excel and send to the HOD, departmental meeting WILL be held to discuss result, performance and correction, each student is been evaluated here and at the end, the result is sent to the college exam officer then to senate for approval before it is displayed for students, only few mistakes can take place and its mostly subject to correction.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by Teejayadex: 8:30am On Oct 26, 2022
Those monsters in admins or lectures in the school need to be looked into. They need good quality control

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by Rememberdeath: 8:31am On Oct 26, 2022
As I don't like to be tagging situations to spiritual, this is indeed spiritual. He shoidnt let people know his plans next time.

3 Likes

Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by Maravilla: 8:31am On Oct 26, 2022
He made a mistake not telling his parents when the issue first surfaced. The truth is that considering our current educational system. Very little can be done now, it's better for him to open up to his parents rather than keeping them in the dark

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by Babaflenjor: 8:32am On Oct 26, 2022
fasho01:
Was the admission genuine to start with? Cos that may be the reason why. I know incidents like this were common back in the days before post jamb. An individual will see his name on the admission board, go ahead and do registration, pay fees, attend classes and write exams only for the results to be missing. The reason being that there's no data on them in exams and records, and so their name was only added on the admission list. Had lots of people in this situation back then who only found out after graduation
ok
Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by oluseyiforjesus(m): 8:32am On Oct 26, 2022
If this story is real then he needs to visit MFM

3 Likes

Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by blaise26abj(m): 8:33am On Oct 26, 2022
Sorry for saying this . It doesn’t make sense . Battling it for 2 years is ridiculous Unless there is something he is not telling you . All he has to do is prove he has admission and the reg number is his .If there was a mixup with his result and profile and he should get a lawyer to write the school first to demand what the issue is and demand rectification followed with a threat of lawsuit .

I think there is more to the story .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by donem: 8:33am On Oct 26, 2022
This shit could be really depressing, I faced something similar back in my Uni days.

1 Like

Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by Bigchristo: 8:35am On Oct 26, 2022
fasho01:
Such things happens but in this case he has reg number so I think it’s a misplaced results or probably a spiritual problem grin grin

1 Like

Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by 2Radii: 8:36am On Oct 26, 2022
Theempath:
Okay, I came accross a post on nairaland's frontpage about someone not having access to his results for two years...

I have a friend who was a roommate that year, we were roommates in 100level, baba was what you define as very intelligent, never missed a class, always went to night class and forfeited his sleep.

On the first semester of 100level,we wrote our exams, infact, he probably gave answers to half of his department in that exam Hall... Only for results to come out and all his results were missing. While the people he taught were jubilating at the A's and B's,. That was the first step to his depression.

Baba started running around like someone who had no life, trying to fix his situation, to no avail, another semester came, he was no where to be seen in class because he was always at the ICT centre or admin, trying to make complaints. Very soon, it started telling on him, you would know he he was going through alot merely looking at him. He went to ICT centre as early as 6am and came back as late as 8pm without being attended to.
Infact, he told me that, the only time he was being attended to, was when one of the people at the ICT saw how sickness don finish am, and how he just sat there, red eyed, waiting to no avail for his turn as usual.

My brothers and sisters, 200 level, his school profile was showing someone elses name, department and whatever. The only thing that didn't change was his reg number...

It's been 2years since we, his set graduated , and his still trying to fix his sh**, in a school and world where nobody probably gives a bleep about nothing.
His parents are confused, he doesn't want to tell them cause somehow, he feel he disappointed them.

If you have any advice, or something he should do to fix everything, kindly drop them here. We all go through alot of different things, but we bear them silently, while trying to fix it...
Love and light.
He's mad

Why can't he forfeit the admission and try to be readmitted??

Wastage of time, effort, stress, resources and brilliancy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by PatrickOkunima(m): 8:36am On Oct 26, 2022
Professor Francis Kehinde Emeni of Accounting Department, UNIBEN, may God bless you abundantly for me. I had a similar issue. I got to know when my course mates started receiving their statement of results. I went to Prof. Emeni (He was my 400L course adviser), and he told me, "Don't bother yourself, Patrick. You know I'm a very busy person. Just give me some time. I will resolve this issue." A couple of weeks later, all my missing scores were found.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by captainamiedi1: 8:38am On Oct 26, 2022
Nigerian schools should be ban. It's not worth it. Imagine how the bright future was ruined
Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by Babaken(m): 8:39am On Oct 26, 2022
That's Nigeria for you
Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by rolams(m): 8:41am On Oct 26, 2022
Hope he did not offend any lecturer? Hope he completed all his registration processes?

Letter should have be written to the H.O.D, it will be forwarded to the lecturer in charge of the course.

But it's been a longer period now. I will advise him to seek for another admission.

He should stop being a father Xmas in the examination hall next time.

Above all, he needs a very serious prayer.

I had a similar case in my first semester 400L then, I wrote 11 letters, all my letters always got missing. At last, my H.O.D cleared me.

What's the name of your institution?

2 Likes

Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by Collins4u1(m): 8:41am On Oct 26, 2022
call the school out online for serious dragging

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by Babyboyforeal(m): 8:43am On Oct 26, 2022
This is one of the evidence of a failed state, may Nigeria not happen to us
Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by rolams(m): 8:44am On Oct 26, 2022
captainamiedi1:
Nigerian schools should be ban. It's not worth it. Imagine how the bright future was ruined

Not ruined my bro. He can still make it. One of my school mate at the secondary school got admission into the university when I was in 400L. Now, he is a senior lecturer at the same University.

4 Likes

Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by ipobarethieves: 8:46am On Oct 26, 2022
sad there's office of DEAN,HOD,ur course advisor,.STOP RUNNING Up/down,take REFUGEE @ICT,Exam/Records office There's NOTHING those ones can do for u.UR PROBLEM/SOLUTION IS WITHIN UR FACULTY/DEPARTMENT.. Sensible students have "Paddy lecturer " look for one to FIX AM(but it is NOT FREE except if the person nah CONFAM DEEPER LIFER lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Results Missing For Two Years, What To Do?? by kingmsookwagh(m): 8:49am On Oct 26, 2022
HolarQD:
The attitude of both academics and non-academics staff in Nigerian public tertiary institutions is quite distasteful. Most of these workers readily treat students as trash and I still don’t understand why. Currently trying to finish clearance so I can go to camp but it seems these people are hellbent on frustrating students no matter your status (except of course you’re ready to rub their palm or you have a valuable connection with them).

I laugh at those who readily support ASUU and NASI against the Nigerian government, if they know the kind of nonchalant attitude tertiary institutions staff display towards students ehn, they would even want to give award to FG for maltreating them too.

Tell the guy to keep on meeting those he thinks can help out. If he can get the VC or deputy VCs contact, he should go directly to them to explain his situation.
you just succeeded in describing Benue state University. Damnnnn!!! That school frustrated my masters ambition by not sending my transcript as at when it was supposed to be sent. A colleague of mine said when next I apply, I should try FAST TRACKING IT. And when I asked what that meant he said it's means giving extra cheese so that it could be done on time. This should be after the normal processing fee must have been paid o! You can just imagine. I gave up applying for the masters and here I am today living my life..

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Is Unilag Diploma Fee And Is There Form Out / See What Watching P0rn Can Do To Your Brain> / Check Your Unizik Post Ume Result Here For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.