Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,141 members, 7,814,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) (44453 Views)

BVN remains for life, does not expire - CBN Insists / Nigerian Banks Migrate To New Cheque Standards, Old Ones Expire December 31 / Godwin Emefiele, How Hard Is It To Print New 100 Naira Notes?! Educate Us!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by Freemasonry: 4:05pm On Oct 26, 2022
This whole thing is a ruse.
The real thing Emefiele is desperately trying to do is to mop up the 23 trillion naira he and Buhari illegally printed in their idiotic economic revival strategy.

Unfortunately, their foolhardiness has plunged our naira into severe devaluation, and skyrocketed inflation.
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by Eriokanmi: 4:05pm On Oct 26, 2022
Yankee should just change their currency so that our politicians who have dollars in their various vaults at home could release them into circulation or they lose them. .

CBN's move is suspicious. They want to print more notes and release it into circulation to make gullible Nigerians believe they wanted to replace old notes with new ones . We already know their tricks.
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by ebidabs: 4:05pm On Oct 26, 2022
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by Wuppdex: 4:05pm On Oct 26, 2022
No value added, only waste of resources by printing new notes, maybe another printing contract scam as usual. FAILED STATE

chukwudiology:
It's not about reprinting and reprinting naira, does it add value??

2 Likes

Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by Michelle70(m): 4:05pm On Oct 26, 2022
Earthquakes:
People don't have food to eat but you are wasting money to print new currency instead of creating jobs.
I know it's just a way to steal money through printing contract.

By the way, I still have upto 30k with me here in abroad, the one I share remain baggers they employ as staff at the airport, what will I now do??
Was hoping I would use it to get a taxi anything am coming back to Nigeria
They are changing currencies and we know the people it will affect the most
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by drololaaof: 4:06pm On Oct 26, 2022
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o2GVa4K_ME

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7402756/cbn-redesigns-new-naira-notes#117892566
How does change the value? You just want to give ritualistic another excuse.
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by Michelle70(m): 4:07pm On Oct 26, 2022
etcme:
Please ooooo, I am not an Economics but I would want someone to explain to me in a layman's term the importance of this Currency Re-design in this present Nigeria that our economy is dancing skelewu.

Isn't this a misplaced priority as we have other things to tackle in the nation?
Those weh don stash billions under their best preparing for next year election go hear weeen.

Thats what it means
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by TriitNG: 4:07pm On Oct 26, 2022
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by Rapuru14: 4:08pm On Oct 26, 2022
sojisenai:
This same news we just read and moved on quietly, will cause confusion, sorrow and misery to some certain set of people. If you know, you know.

Meanwhile, if you have an elderly loved one, or a friend who is sick or disabled...and you need a reputable company to [provide quality care for them, kindly check my signature for the best caregiving service company around.

Why not start with the Bourdillion drug lord. He needs your services now more than campaigns.

1 Like

Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by Wuppdex: 4:08pm On Oct 26, 2022
Corruption is the reason, someone is about to get a juicy contract for printing this toilet paper of a note.

Manson1:
I still don't understand the reason for the new currency..

About starting your building project? See our live thread for our ongoing building construction project of a 3-bedroom bungalow in Oron, Akwa Ibom... Link in my signature

3 Likes

Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by Michelle70(m): 4:09pm On Oct 26, 2022
Mubby4luv:
They are in Dollars trust me. That's one reason why we ve the Dollar problem and it won't go below the Naira because most of this politicians stock it and run private bureau de change. This so called CBN governor is the worst. Despite his failure, they couldn't remove him because he is their Dollar ATM
So na dollars dem wan use but votes?
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by FireUpNow(m): 4:10pm On Oct 26, 2022
How do we know the old currencies?
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by SmartPolician: 4:10pm On Oct 26, 2022
godofuck231:
Oops, those with money n their houses are done for ,hope they were in dollars

Dollars expire too.

All currencies should have expiry date.

It will reduce fraud and financial embezzlement.

This may end up being the best policy this daft CBN governor will put in place.

I hope those crooks in NASS don't fight him.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by Xlyad(m): 4:11pm On Oct 26, 2022
gypsey:
What? Can someone please explain this to me in lay man's term, co's i still have some naigerian currency i used remain last time i visited naigeria in 2019. Infact, i have atleast 500k cash wiith me..

Do they mean old scruffy currencies or?.....
you have to take it to any Bank branch that accepts Naira to replace it with the new note. They old notes will be phased out by year end
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by Cmanforall: 4:11pm On Oct 26, 2022
Promoter2:
This is no where close to the major financial issues this country is facing today. Why is Emefiele still CBN Governor?

I weep for Nigeria.

How did he even get there?
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by TUANKU(m): 4:11pm On Oct 26, 2022
Good, this is the most pressing issue the country is facing at the moment, more important than the economy, insecurity, flooding and the naira that is falling like a rock.

Emefiele na animal, his incompetence is only rivaled by that of Buhari.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by Timekeeper452: 4:13pm On Oct 26, 2022
etcme:
Please ooooo, I am not an Economics but I would want someone to explain to me in a layman's term the importance of this Currency Re-design in this present Nigeria that our economy is dancing skelewu.

Isn't this a misplaced priority as we have other things to tackle in the nation?
he wants to get everyone probably hoarding cash, or yet to bring cash to the bank or be a bank user to bring their self acclaimed money to the bank. In essence let’s say, go cashless or go into banking.
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by newnigerdelta00: 4:14pm On Oct 26, 2022
PlayMaker14:
Still doesn't change the fact that the Naira is completely useless to the Dollar under this moroniic administration.

“Goat na Goat, if you like wear am Gucci go London, na still Goat.”

You be still senior he goat too because na gat dey know goat

1 Like

Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by Loverboy3333: 4:14pm On Oct 26, 2022
Earthquakes:
People don't have food to eat but you are wasting money to print new currency instead of creating jobs.

By the way, I still have upto 30k with me here in abroad, the one I share remain beggars they employed as staff at the airport, what will I now do??
Was hoping I would use it to get a taxi anytime am coming back to Nigeria

Go to the airport, give it to any Nigerian going home

1 Like

Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by RepoMan007: 4:14pm On Oct 26, 2022
Shoodboi:

In other words, the plan is to force people to deposit money they're keeping at home in the banks. I suspect they're doing this to strengthen the banks, the naira, or to do something about the ongoing inflation. But what do I know? The economists are the experts here. So Narialand economists, over to you.
probably they
have reconsidered the huge cost of printing lower denominations and want to debase.
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by Maski87: 4:15pm On Oct 26, 2022
All those people hiding money in the soakaway pits will now go and buy dollar, dollar will be 1000 naira after Christmas

3 Likes

Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by Bigchristo: 4:16pm On Oct 26, 2022
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0o2GVa4K_ME

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7402756/cbn-redesigns-new-naira-notes#117892566
This shows that everyone occupying office in this Buhari govt are useless, instead of finding a way to strengthen Naira in foreign Exchange and commercial markets for it value to be regain,he is busy spending money printing new notes that is currently depreciating in foreign exchange rates

If you like design am to be 3D notes the value remain useless grin grin

1 Like

Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by Holluwhakemmy(f): 4:16pm On Oct 26, 2022
We don't need this now
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 26, 2022
Image of the new Naira note pls,
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by Iolo(m): 4:18pm On Oct 26, 2022
Doing this in the midst of political season is a smart move and commendable. No more bringing cash out from soak aways to buy votes. It will also impact kidnappers and terrorists who collect cash for ransom. Hopefully the CBN to begin to mandate banks to ask questions on suspicious deposits as well.

4 Likes

Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by Mubby4luv(m): 4:18pm On Oct 26, 2022
Michelle70:
So na dollars dem wan use but votes?
You are playing with politicians.
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by LastProphet: 4:19pm On Oct 26, 2022
opius:
The most corrupt CBN Governor Nigeria ever had...

Yes he is, all thanks to Jonathan and buhari the moroon for keeping him

1 Like

Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by bluefilm: 4:19pm On Oct 26, 2022
What's my business?

I only transact online.

1 Like

Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by itsene: 4:19pm On Oct 26, 2022
A squeeze on kidnapping as a cash
only business.
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by Realadey(m): 4:20pm On Oct 26, 2022
This is a desperate move to embezzle more money by these lunatics.
Ask how much would they use for the redesignation and printing, you will be wowed
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by joey150(m): 4:20pm On Oct 26, 2022
Earthquakes:

By the way, I still have upto 30k with me here in abroad, the one I share remain beggars they employed as staff at the airport, what will I now do??
Was hoping I would use it to get a taxi anytime am coming back to Nigeria

Money shouldn't just expire like that. Makes no sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Opay CEO, Olu Akanmu, Resigns / I Watched My Brother, Sani, Die - Dangote Tells Tinubu / Pure Water Producers Announce Price Increase

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.