Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,025 members, 7,956,798 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 07:17 PM

Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) (44786 Views)

Emefiele Printed ‘His Own Naira’, Ignored Design Approved By Buhari – Ahmed Umar / BVN remains for life, does not expire - CBN Insists / Nigerian Banks Migrate To New Cheque Standards, Old Ones Expire December 31 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by Michelle70(m): 4:21pm On Oct 26, 2022
Mubby4luv:
You are playing with politicians.
The time of dollars is in the primaries.

Most of us no even want the stress of changing dollars.

2023 will be rough for politicians.
Even if Buhari no do anything, i commend him for not sacking the CBN governor

1 Like

Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by Nicerazor(m): 4:22pm On Oct 26, 2022
If I were to be CBN governor i will strengthen the naira by scrapping major denominations. Highest denomination will be #100 naira. This will give relevance to lower denominations like the coins too. In Uk for instance the highest denomination is £20. There £20, £10, £5 notes, £1 50p, 20p, 10 pence. The other day I bought a bunch of fresh and big banana for 75p. This has really helped the Uk to make their currencies valuable. With £5 I can buy a lot of things from the store.
What can 5 naira buy today in Naija?

1 Like

Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by okoliobinna84(m): 4:24pm On Oct 26, 2022
Earthquakes:
People don't have food to eat but you are wasting money to print new currency instead of creating jobs.
I know it's just a way to steal money through printing contract.

By the way, I still have upto 30k with me here in abroad, the one I share remain beggars they employed as staff at the airport, what will I now do??
Was hoping I would use it to get a taxi anytime am coming back to Nigeria
boss send it to me nah
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by nurudeen181(m): 4:28pm On Oct 26, 2022
Promoter2:
This is no where close to the major financial issues this country is facing today. Why is Emefiele still CBN Governor?

I weep for Nigeria.
you cant weep for Nigeria, Nigeria can rather weep for you..

1 Like

Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by emorse(m): 4:34pm On Oct 26, 2022
Shoodboi:

In other words, the plan is to force people to deposit money they're keeping at home in the banks. I suspect they're doing this to strengthen the banks, the naira, or to do something about the ongoing inflation. But what do I know? The economists are the experts here. So Narialand economists, over to you.
You mean Nairaland "crack skull" economists?
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 4:38pm On Oct 26, 2022
GOD IN HEAVEN. LET THE LAST, BARRELS OF INCOMPETENCY WILL PILOT THE AFFIARS OF THIS GREAT NATION...

IMAGINE THE MADNESS.. AT THE HELM OF A DWINDLING ECONOMY, YOUR BEST APPROACH IS THE REDESIGNING OF A DYING CURRENCY.

IT'S A PITY...
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 4:38pm On Oct 26, 2022
emorse:

You mean Nairaland "crack skull" economists?

I Taya... Which nairaland economist??..
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by Lazenby007(m): 4:39pm On Oct 26, 2022
Naira will still be a DULLARD
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by macrodata(m): 4:39pm On Oct 26, 2022
etcme:
Please ooooo, I am not an Economics but I would want someone to explain to me in a layman's term the importance of this Currency Re-design in this present Nigeria that our economy is dancing skelewu.

Isn't this a misplaced priority as we have other things to tackle in the nation?
They want Buhari to have a legacy visible for all to see by fire by force. Maybe his photo might be included with that of Emefiele.

2 Likes

Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by ogbonti: 4:43pm On Oct 26, 2022
Earthquakes:
People don't have food to eat but you are wasting money to print new currency instead of creating jobs.

By the way, I still have upto 30k with me here in abroad, the one I share remain beggars they employed as staff at the airport, what will I now do??

exactly my concern - me i get N55k that followed me back and it was the balance I used for my hotel last day in Lagos and remaining one to dash their immigration beggars they put in the airport - this one will waste too - can they make a provision for us living aboard to change our naira to the new one when we get home showing your boarding pass as a requirement ? countries don’t change money like that ?

same naira you can’t use to buy even bottled water at european airports - they will not even change it to Euro or Dollar for you outside Nigeria - I saw South African Rand being accepted for conversion to Euros in Amsterdam NOT Naira - what a shame

people know like 2 years befor time and they don’t phase out the old one in a flash - i remember when Franklin head in 100 $ became bigger - the one small head Franklin was still in use for almost 5-7 years before it got phased out - that’s responsible fiscal policy

with naija everything na gra gra - all motion no movement - hmmmm na wa

Buhari desperately looking for something to call an achievement after 8 useless years as president
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by jackson44(m): 4:45pm On Oct 26, 2022
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQVb7NRGJb8

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7402756/cbn-redesigns-new-naira-notes#117892566

We still have the old #100 in circulation till inception ,even after the much media outrage . Hope this too won't be same stories as usual? Another avenue to siphone our scarce money,for printing paddling .
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by foleskay(m): 4:47pm On Oct 26, 2022
Mubby4luv:
They are in Dollars trust me. That's one reason why we ve the Dollar problem and it won't go below the Naira because most of this politicians stock it and run private bureau de change. This so called CBN governor is the worst. Despite his failure, they couldn't remove him because he is their Dollar ATM
Hmm. Interesting.
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by Afokesco(m): 4:48pm On Oct 26, 2022
PlayMaker14:
Still doesn't change the fact that the Naira is completely useless to the Dollar under this moroniic administration.

“Goat na Goat, if you like wear am Gucci go London, na still Goat.”
bat na bat ...if you like wear am gucci go London ...na still bat
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by Tfx1: 4:49pm On Oct 26, 2022
Clueless government and governor

The naira is becoming useless he is thinking about new design
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by twosquare(m): 4:50pm On Oct 26, 2022
kponkedenge:
Most people save their money in dollars now, considering the dwindling value of our Naira.

I really don't know what to make of this news, but let's see how this will impact the election, in terms of those politicians that have stashed money for vote buying and rigging.
let's see if no be gbas gbos go end am...
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by foleskay(m): 4:51pm On Oct 26, 2022
gypsey:
What? Can someone please explain this to me in lay man's term, co's i still have some naigerian currency i used remain last time i visited naigeria in 2019. Infact, i have atleast 500k cash wiith me..

Do they mean old scruffy currencies or?.....
You have to spend those cash before January 2023..or else it'd become useless..

Can u help me with 4k pls.. Things re tight here. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by Regie2bless: 4:52pm On Oct 26, 2022
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by scholes23(m): 4:54pm On Oct 26, 2022
Misplaced priorities
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by twosquare(m): 4:57pm On Oct 26, 2022
Kobicove:

This is exactly the plan; they want people hoarding cash to bring it out by force and put them in banks grin
Those ones have their contacts in various banks and private banking, etc...won't affect them. Except you don't know way. Time for bank managers to cash out wink wink

1 Like

Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by fullnetwork: 4:59pm On Oct 26, 2022
So, what will be the difference between the old and new currency considering all the thing he mentioned in his speech?
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by adioolayi(m): 5:00pm On Oct 26, 2022
It's getting interesting ...

This should be a right measure against vote buying...if my logic is correct
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by abah52: 5:00pm On Oct 26, 2022
Shoodboi:

In other words, the plan is to force people to deposit money they're keeping at home in the banks. I suspect they're doing this to strengthen the banks, the naira, or to do something about the ongoing inflation. But what do I know? The economists are the experts here. So Narialand economists, over to you.

I think this will help checkmate vote buying in the coming election. The deadline of 31st January 2023 makes it difficult for the vote riggers to mobilise cash in the new currency enough to buy votes across the entire polling units in the country.

I think the is good for the election. Am not sure of the economic impact though.
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by Cjrane2: 5:01pm On Oct 26, 2022
fergie001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQVb7NRGJb8

Previous Thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/7402756/cbn-redesigns-new-naira-notes#117892566

I pity any foreign company that still accepts any type of payment in "Nigerian Naira"!
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by bobby007(m): 5:02pm On Oct 26, 2022
Earthquakes:

same amount use in printing d so called old currency, just a redesign
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by bobby007(m): 5:03pm On Oct 26, 2022
etcme:
Please ooooo, I am not an Economics but I would want someone to explain to me in a layman's term the importance of this Currency Re-design in this present Nigeria that our economy is dancing skelewu.

Isn't this a misplaced priority as we have other things to tackle in the nation?
I guess it will force people to bring out Money
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by DeluxebyOVA: 5:05pm On Oct 26, 2022
Omo... shocked
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by kutashi: 5:09pm On Oct 26, 2022
PlayMaker14:
Still doesn't change the fact that the Naira is completely useless to the Dollar under this moroniic administration.

And confirmed! You're a goat! Do you know what his trying to do? It is one of ways to address the issue you raised!

School! You won't go! Only to come here, demonstrating your stupidity!
Dindinrin!
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by Coldie(m): 5:11pm On Oct 26, 2022
This is very stup1d
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by wonlasewonimi: 5:12pm On Oct 26, 2022
mastermaestro:

He will go to jail after his tenure, I bet you.

I bet you he wouldnt. He would get a chieftaincy title

They just wake up one day and create something that will disorganise and stress people.
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by blackpanda: 5:12pm On Oct 26, 2022
PlayMaker14:

Ok we have heard u. i hope u feel better now
Re: Old Currencies To Expire 31/01/2023 - Emefiele (Video) by blackpanda: 5:14pm On Oct 26, 2022
Nicerazor:
If I were to be CBN governor i will strengthen the naira by scrapping major denominations. Highest denomination will be #100 naira. This will give relevance to lower denominations like the coins too. In Uk for instance the highest denomination is £20. There £20, £10, £5 notes, £1 50p, 20p, 10 pence. The other I bought a bunch of fresh and big banana for 75p. This has really helped the Uk to make their currencies valuable. With £5 I can buy a lot of things from the store.
What can 5 naira buy today in Naija?

it can buy chingum grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Opay CEO, Olu Akanmu, Resigns / Between Opay POS And Moniepoint POS Machine, Which Is Durable to used(pics) / I Just Lost 400k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.