Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,469 members, 7,812,436 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP (28846 Views)

Present Pdp Spokesperson Indicted Atiku In 2006 / Olisa Metuh Laughing In Ekweremadu's House (Photo) / Breaking News: Former PDP Spokesperson, Dayo Adeyeye Decamps To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by chisomkachy: 3:17pm On Oct 26, 2022
A former national publicity secretary of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Olisa Metuh, has resigned his membership of the party, noting that he would be involved henceforth in non-partisan politics.

Metuh’s resignation was contained in a letter he wrote to the PDP national chairman, Dr Iyochia Ayu, dated October 25 and sighted by LEADERSHIP on Wednesday.

He also said he has submitted his resignation letter to the ward chairman of the party in his home State of Anambra.

The former PDP spokesman said he decided to resign from party politics because he believes he will contribute more to democracy and good governance in Nigeria by being non-partisan.

Metuh was the longest-serving elected member of the National Working Committee (NWC) of the PDP, and won election to serve in several national positions at six consecutive national conventions of the Party.

According to the letter, titled “Resignation From The PDP”, Metuh said, “During my three weeks trip for medical and personal reasons, I came to the realization that I can no longer play partisan politics in Nigeria. The reason for this decision is that from my experience and the nature of politics and development in Nigeria, I believe that I will contribute more to Democracy and good governance in Nigeria by being non-partisan. Being Non-Partisan gives me the status to work for the strategic interest and well-being of the Nigerian people without the hinderance of partisanship.

“In that regard, I write respectfully, to formally inform you of my resignation from the PDP and cessation of partisan politics.

“I have duly enjoyed my membership of the PDP and remain proud of being the longest elected member of the National Executive Committee, one who won election to serve in several national positions at six (6) consecutive National Conventions of the Party. I will cherish the values and ideals learnt from the founding fathers at the inception of our nascent democracy.

“Any future participation in politics will only be limited to non-partisan involvements in areas of sustaining and deepening democracy and governance in Nigerian and at the global level.

“I pray you continue to insist on issue-based engagement in our political space as the country cannot afford the bitterness and divisions that may arise otherwise.

“In line with the constitution of the PDP, I have forwarded a copy of my resignation to my ward Chairman. May God bless us all.”

https://leadership.ng/ex-pdp-spokesman-metuh-resigns-from-party/

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by LoneWolf212: 3:17pm On Oct 26, 2022
Good for him ..... Make he rest from efcc wahala

Anyways, It's Obi O'clock

127 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by Fkmodhi: 3:19pm On Oct 26, 2022
EFCC do this man shege maybe nah APC he deh decamp too

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by AsomughaChuks05: 3:21pm On Oct 26, 2022
That 400 million naira corruption case with EFCC really messed him up.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by successmatters(m): 3:21pm On Oct 26, 2022
Welcome to Labour Party

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by AWONEYAN(m): 3:26pm On Oct 26, 2022
Is he now healed of the sickness that made them wheeled him to the court

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by Asgard73: 3:29pm On Oct 26, 2022
Farewell nwoke Nnewi grin

Egwu uche

Nkwucha aburo fear .

We Dey!

Power to the people
PDP!!

When will your son resign ? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by Clara663: 3:29pm On Oct 26, 2022
Well done.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by muykem: 3:31pm On Oct 26, 2022
You are welcome. There's no road in PDP again.

34 Likes

Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by Adjotobou(m): 3:34pm On Oct 26, 2022
Omoor e choke

1 Like

Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by crestedaguiyi: 3:35pm On Oct 26, 2022
Too early
Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by duro4chang(m): 3:35pm On Oct 26, 2022
I don bilif it
Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by John389(m): 3:35pm On Oct 26, 2022
PDP DIE DIE DIE DIE DIE

IN OBI WE TRUST

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by OPICANTO2223: 3:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
H
Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by datola: 3:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
Hmm... Olisa Metuh
Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by kingamaa(m): 3:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
PDP imploding

Going going going

Gone

Outcome of the personal ambition of key actors

4 Likes

Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by Igboslayer: 3:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
Wike is woked and wicked…WWW
…Ask any Zombidients what exactly was Obi achievements in Anambra state. They will come with insults. Below is 2012 comments by Igbos about OBI…they know him very well, how they are now calling him messiah baffles me.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by Bobloco: 3:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
In the build up to the 2015 general election, Olisa Metuh referred to APC as a "Janja-weed" party.
Many years down the line one can say that the APC actually lived up to that name

1 Like

Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by owobokiri(m): 3:37pm On Oct 26, 2022
Few days ago he warned The PDP to caution Reno Omokri from using his online presence to abuse igbos in the name of fighting for The PDP presidential candidate. He even talked to Reno directly and Reno agreed to use his unavailable senses only to renege on that promise few hours later. Obviously, Reno had the support of the ijiots at wadata house.

Renos handlers at the Atiku Abubakar presidential council never lifted a finger and Reno has turned the whole Atiku campaign into an unhealthy obsession about Peter Obi and the igbos. Dude seldom attacks the real menace called Bola Tinupoo. I think olisah has had enough of Athiefkus tribal politics and have decided to do the needful..

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by DrAkpamudehe: 3:38pm On Oct 26, 2022
Mumu man, E pain am say dem no appoiint am for PDP presidential campaign council grin

No more free money

4 Likes

Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by akeeng: 3:38pm On Oct 26, 2022
Dem don show am shege grin but he must still vomit that arms deal money

THe yam thief won’t be missed

2 Likes

Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by xzitblaize: 3:38pm On Oct 26, 2022
grin

Labour Party Loading
Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by 35824L: 3:38pm On Oct 26, 2022
PDP-share the money party- is crumbling gradually but surely.
Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by Newyorkitis(m): 3:38pm On Oct 26, 2022
This guy don suffer too much... He needs to rest.

Reno should also try to rest because his own might be worse than Metuh's own.

2 Likes

Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by money121(m): 3:40pm On Oct 26, 2022
Ok
Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by afbstrategies: 3:40pm On Oct 26, 2022
shocked
Nigerian politicians are all the same, never credible, honest, sincere and truthful.

Ironically, they have a chokehold on the balls of the Nigerian electorate.

Meanwhile, who killed Funsho William and Uncle Bola Ige?
Also, why hasn't Tinubu visited the United States in over a decade?

2 Likes

Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by Kiddogarcia(m): 3:42pm On Oct 26, 2022
Every era has an end.
Na we be your best plug for everything sexual enhancement tho
Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by EBMedia: 3:42pm On Oct 26, 2022
D
Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by kokoA(m): 3:42pm On Oct 26, 2022
AWONEYAN:
Is he now healed of the sickness that made them wheeled him to the court
Is God not wonderful? grin
Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by Opinedecandid(m): 3:42pm On Oct 26, 2022
Okay
Re: Ex-PDP Spokesperson, Olisa Metuh Resigns From PDP by Igbek76: 3:43pm On Oct 26, 2022
APC is like the CPC in china. Only party with road map for a great nation.
The beginning was rough, Buhari was the forerunner @ Asiwaju will navigate the nation to the promise land of development. PDP a party of harden criminals. And LP a party of novice and yahoo yahoo 419s.

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Edo: Who Has Your Vote Among These 3 Candidates? / Suicide Bomber Blows Up Church In Bauchi / Who Would You Suggest To Be The EFCC Boss Under Buhari? See My Suggestion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.