Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,852 members, 7,813,903 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or (22719 Views)

Mbappe Says Messi 'had To Win' Ballon D'or After World Cup Glory / Premier League: Players earning £10,000 per week or less / Jay-Jay Okocha With English Premier League Trophy In Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by OJEEMAH(m): 9:35pm On Oct 26, 2022
Jokerman:

Apart from Owen in the EPL list, the rest are average.

Hope you know if Pessi no win UCL, he will be considered a flop at PSG?
Hazard and Coutinho average too?

Song was one of the best dm at the time

Unless you know no Hleb…… you think Barcelona would have signed him if he was average?

1 Like

Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by Lashist(m): 9:38pm On Oct 26, 2022
Jokerman:

If you keep typing trash and lies about the GOAT, you won't have peace of mind here grin

Moreover go to your Barcelona Bayern thread, and stop hiding here grin
See this dummy. You think my life depends on Messi or ronaldo like yours. It's a good thing you aren't an APC supporter. Make I no begin throw words with my junior for faceless forum...relax. Don't let this football thing make you too emotional abeg cheesy
Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by OJEEMAH(m): 9:50pm On Oct 26, 2022
Jokerman:

Apart from Owen in the EPL list, the rest are average.
You just confirm Wetin I dey think since….. you no sabi ball

Hope you know if Pessi no win UCL, he will be considered a flop at PSG?
Have you finally accepted Ronaldo flopped at Juventus?
Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by Jephyard(m): 9:50pm On Oct 26, 2022
Reason are epl don't produce players ad their mode of play doesn't allow players to play good football. They are too direct and have bad managers, no English manager have won won the premier league, it's that bad. Unlike other league that keep producing good managers after the best one have left for epl and cos they don't have so much money like the epl, other leagues groom players and allow them to play real football. Spain is very technical in football, Germany, Italy ad france are very tactical and less technical as well but good with players development. Players you hype in Epl are not better than Nkunku, Leao, Osimhen, Jeremy Doku, Rodrygo, Kubo, Pedri, Vlaghovic, Raspadori, Kvaratskhelia, Tonali and so many but you won't hear them in all media developing peace.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 26, 2022
McTominay:

Modric who was nobody in the epl won the balon d'or at Madrid. La Liga is too easy mate

Modric? A nobody in the EPL? Thank God I never took you seriously.
Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by Jokerman(m): 9:59pm On Oct 26, 2022
Lashist:

See this dummy. You think my life depends on Messi or ronaldo like yours. It's a good thing you aren't an APC supporter. Make I no begin throw words with my junior for faceless forum...relax. Don't let this football thing make you too emotional abeg cheesy

Why are you running then from your Barcelona thread? grin
Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by Jokerman(m): 10:02pm On Oct 26, 2022
OJEEMAH:
Hazard and Coutinho average too?

Song was one of the best dm at the time

Unless you know no Hleb…… you think Barcelona would have signed him if he was average?

Lol... same Barca wey sign Wolves Traore, Leeds Raphinha or what?

Hleb was a skillful and intelligent footballer, I no sabi wetin Barca give am chop grin
Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by Jokerman(m): 10:03pm On Oct 26, 2022
OJEEMAH:
You just confirm Wetin I dey think since….. you no sabi ball

Have you finally accepted Ronaldo flopped at Juventus?

According to Barca and Pessi fans, Ronaldo flopped at Juve because he didn't win UCL, so I'm waiting for Pessi at PSG grin
Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by Nobody: 10:06pm On Oct 26, 2022
Iamthoney:
Ruud Van Nistelrooy won Ucl golden boots thrice with Manchester UnitedThat you win a golden boot outside the league you playing for isn’t the only criteria for winning Ballon D’Or. Statistically Henry was better than Nedved but he didn’t get the highest vote to win it, was he cheated? I can’t tell cos people vote for who they want and like. Performance wise he was the best player in the world that time and he scored more goals and assisted more goals than Nedved and won more trophies and he was part of the Arsenal’s invincible team the same year

Who's talking of the Balon d'or? Some dumb ass said EPL strikers don't score many in the EPL because the EPL is tough, while CR and Messi were scoring for free in La Liga because it's easy to score there. A typical dumb take from EPL fanbois. La Liga is easy to you guys, but even having the best teams over a long period of time neither of them (Barca and Madrid) have been able to go on an invincible season. Arsenal (who was never even near the best in Europe) did it in England. Mourinho never lost a home game for donkey years in the EPL (Serie A and Portuguese Liga). He lost an home game in his first season (and every season he spent) in the "easy" La Liga. He never lost a cup final before. He lost for the first time in La Liga. Actually, it was the "easy" La Liga experience that ruined Mourinho.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 26, 2022
Petnos2345:

Baba na injury cause Hazard situation o

The same way injury caused Fabregas and Alex Song situation? EPL was so hard ordinary Michu became a superstar there. Shouldn't forget "Pep can never dominate the EPL like the other leagues because any team can beat any team in the EPL" (the most idiotic expression used in brainwashing EPL fanbois).
Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by OJEEMAH(m): 10:10pm On Oct 26, 2022
Jokerman:

According to Barca and Pessi fans, Ronaldo flopped at Juve because he didn't win UCL, so I'm waiting for Pessi at PSG grin
You said Beckham performed despite scoring 13goals in more than 100 appearances…..same you labeled Messi a flop despite his 22 goals and 26 assists in 50 appearances.

We no be hypocrites like you and your fellow penaldians….. we go use the same yardstick judge both players cos they were signed to win UCL for their respective clubs.
Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by Nobody: 10:11pm On Oct 26, 2022
Janajack:
which one be Arnal again check what you wrote.
Nevermind, can you remember the last time Chelsea won Champions league, they defeated Spanish league top 4 both Home and Away, including Realmadrid. go and verify wink

*Arsenal. Can you remember the league that dominated Europe at every level for the past 15 years (or in all history)? Go and verify.
Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by Bigchristo: 10:16pm On Oct 26, 2022
unmask:
We know the only people that can win EPL Man City or Liverpool
Abeg which club you Dey support make I tell you how many league una don win
Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by OJEEMAH(m): 10:16pm On Oct 26, 2022
Jokerman:

Lol... same Barca wey sign Wolves Traore, Leeds Raphinha or what?

Hleb was a skillful and intelligent footballer, I no sabi wetin Barca give am chop grin
Looking at Barcelona star studded squad that year, do you think they would have signed Traore or Raphinha?

Their just dey try rebuild right now and no forget say Traore na their product just like Cesc and Pique. Raphinha get talented…. He can be great. Arsenal and Chelsea been follow the guy too….. if he’s not good, big teams no go fight for am.
Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by Lashist(m): 10:19pm On Oct 26, 2022
Jokerman:

Why are you running then from your Barcelona thread? grin
This boy rest na. Have you seen me in barca thread before?? Rest and face your books please
Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by Iamthoney(m): 10:22pm On Oct 26, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

Who's talking of the Balon d'or? Some dumb ass said EPL strikers don't score many in the EPL because the EPL is tough, while CR and Messi were scoring for free in La Liga because it's easy to score there. A typical dumb take from EPL fanbois. La Liga is easy to you guys, but even having the best teams over a long period of time neither of them (Barca and Madrid) have been able to go on an invincible season. Arsenal (who was never even near the best in Europe) did it in England. Mourinho never lost a home game for donkey years in the EPL (Serie A and Portuguese Liga). He lost an home game in his first season (and every season he spent) in the "easy" La Liga. He never lost a cup final before. He lost for the first time in La Liga. Actually, it was the "easy" La Liga experience that ruined Mourinho.
No dey deviate sir...You asked a question when someone was talking about how Henry was robbed and how some other Epl forwards too in the past should have won the Ballon D’Or and I quoted you to let you know that amongst the list of players you were asking if anyone of them has won the Golden boot outside the Epl competition, you come dey carry me go to the very argument about easy or hard league.
Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by saxokay(m): 10:26pm On Oct 26, 2022
HedwigesMaduro:

So, it's difficult for strikers in the EPL to win golden boot in England because the EPL is so tough, right? So, why are EPL strikers not winning the golden boot in European competitions? Oh I know why! They play against "tough" EPL defenders in the UCL and UEL. Smh.

lolsss my brother don't mind them joor those EPL fans mumu no be small
Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by DesChyko: 10:34pm On Oct 26, 2022
OJEEMAH:
You said Beckham performed despite scoring 13goals in more than 100 appearances…..same you labeled Messi a flop despite his 22 goals and 26 assists in 50 appearances.

Someone's comparing Beckham's output to Messi's output despite the stark difference in their position and roles on the pitch.

My days. lipsrsealed

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by GeneralPula: 10:38pm On Oct 26, 2022
OJEEMAH:
EPL is predictable. In recent times, Man City have been the red hot favourite to win the league every season. By your logic, we can as well say French league is stronger cos Lille, Montpellier, PSG, Lyon and Bordeaux have all been champions in the last 12-15years.

Should we now say French league is stronger than EPL cos as far as I can remember Lyon knocked Man City out of UCL. Monaco did same to Man City out. PSG flogged Chelsea home and away.

Mention one la liga team top team chelsea have eliminated from UCL that have not done same to them.

E never tey Bayern knack chelsea 7-2 ooh

Abeg mention the defenders wey don play for EPL and tell me which of them better pass Alves, Ramos, Carlos, Marcelo, Puyol…..no forget to include their achievements of your overrated EPL defenders.
Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by Made2Last: 10:40pm On Oct 26, 2022
They speak English which is easy to understand so you are sucked into the game especially being natural English commentators.

If you watch a laliga match with a natural English commentator, you will be sucked into the match as well but for the fact that most commentators are not natural English speakers it will look like they are not playing a tough game

Brighton1:
The English Premier League is the leader in viewership across the globe.

The English premier league is also Considered the toughest league competition in the world.

English premier league also surpasses all others in terms of financial might like spending outrageous amount of money on buying or selling their players.

But Why is that Ballon d'Or winner barely comes out of England despite being considered the most toughest and most viewed football league in the world. Cristiano Ronaldo was the last person that won it in English premier league 2008 when he was playing for Manchester united.

2020 there was no Ballon d'Or winner due to corona virus outbreak but assuming it held we all know it was not coming to England. The award was going to Robert Lewandowski in Germany, FC Bayern Munich.

The Ballon d'Or award is an annual football award for the best player over the previous year. The recent winner of the Ballon d'Or award is a Real Madrid player, Karim Benzema.

Is it that English premier league players are just overrated and hyped? Or is it that if you want to create name for yourself premier league is the right place But if you want to win trophies Spanish league is the right place?? Please let share our thoughts on this issue.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by ImohWilliams1(m): 10:47pm On Oct 26, 2022
Interestingly all past winners of the award in the Premiership are Manchester United players apart from Stanley Matthews from Blackpool that won the maiden edition in 1956
Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by Melodydoctor: 10:52pm On Oct 26, 2022
Cholls:
My brother that is the punishment the francophone can give that anglophone people
Was any EPL player worth it and was denied of the award?
Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by Eyanbahose: 11:00pm On Oct 26, 2022
Because the competition in the EPL is stiff.

Have you listened to music on this Oraimo speaker? You don't even need a speaker at home

Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by LZAA: 11:11pm On Oct 26, 2022
The simple truth is that the English league is overrated
Even when they were winning European cups in the 70s to mid 80s,the game's superstars were mostly based in italy,spain and the USSR

1 Like

Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by LZAA: 11:14pm On Oct 26, 2022
DesChyko:

Someone's comparing Beckham's output to Messi's output despite the stark difference in their position and roles on the pitch.

My days. lipsrsealed
Technically he's correct
Prior to pep's arrival messi was a right winger as was beckham
Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by unmask: 11:24pm On Oct 26, 2022
Bigchristo:
Abeg which club you Dey support make I tell you how many league una don win
Milan
Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by unmask: 11:24pm On Oct 26, 2022
israelp:
lol what about the ones dat help real to trophie? grin la Liga fanboy won't accept the true grin
them no get name?
Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by Bigchristo: 11:35pm On Oct 26, 2022
unmask:
Milan
Oya commot mouth for Premier league matter, All those farmers league wey you Dey watch smh na only four teams Dey win that league since ages Dey come
Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by maik99(m): 11:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
Jokerman:

Jesus.

Van Nistelrooy won UCL golden boot thrice at Man utd.

Van Nistelrooy is one of the strikers to have won the golden boot in every league they have played...

Epl... Man utd
Laliga.... Madrid
Eredivisie..... PSV

So you don't know of Van Nistelrooy? Lol

RVN is underrated really

1 Like

Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by Panda7(m): 12:00am On Oct 27, 2022
sport is about physical quality. white players don't have physical core that's why football is nothing without africa's
Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by topsam1(m): 12:47am On Oct 27, 2022
The last paragraph said it all...most winners are either champions league winners or world/euro cup winners...
4teenblaq:

English League is not difficult. It is just that they didn't have quality goal scorers in their primes. E.g Cr7. When cr7 started in England, he wasn't prolific as he was when he got to Spain. Cr7 started declining in goal scoring from 2016 in Spain.

Mo Salah won the golden boat with 34 goals a certain season but you are here telling us that most a player can score in England wouldn't be more than 20 goals to win golden boot.

This season will shock you. You will see how Halaand will win the golden boot with more than 40 goals. He is all ready on 17 with 27 games left. You will see that your "hard" league is always short of prolific strikers.

You are saying it is only in Spain, one can score more than 80 goals in a calendar year.

Apart from Lionel Messi mention one player that has played in Spain and had scored more than 70 goals in a calendar year.

Cr7 you are mentioning has never scored up to 70 goals in a calendar year in laliga.

Jesus navas and who so ever you are calling can't even lace the boot of jao Felix.... You are calling average players, stars in Laliga. I am trying to remember the last time I heard of the name Jesus Navas in Sevilla.

The thing is Spain are always lucky with exceptional players.

And they do very well in European football competition (UEFA &Europa). That is why they are very good in producing more Balloon D'or winner. Even Fifa Best players.

Re: Why Is That English Premier League Players Barely Win The Ballon D'or by Chumaskyx(m): 12:47am On Oct 27, 2022
Epl is more a defensive league compared to other european leagues that promote free flowing football.defenders and midfield players in epl are allowed to be very physical with the strikers and forwards which if you attempt in other leagues you may end up having 10 red cards per match. Compare Epl records of cr7, bale and vanisteroy with their laliga stats

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Aper Aku Stadium Wears New Look Ahead Of CAF Champions League / "No Liverpool Player Can Get Into Real Madrid's Team" - Ex Madrid Coach Claims / Elderson Echiejile Playing Football As Teenager (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.