Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,496 members, 7,826,867 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. (34919 Views)

Chioma Uchendu: Over Exposure To Phones, Computers & TV Screens Could Blind One / Help Needed On HIV Exposure / I Slept With 180 Prostitutes In 4 Years: Are These Signs & Symptoms Of HIV? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by GraceunIimtedd: 11:52am On Oct 28, 2022
Naniboi17:

You said you had swelling at the back of your neck, what kind of swelling? Are they your lymph nodes?
exactly what i was thinking
Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by Swiftboy(m): 11:57am On Oct 28, 2022
Grumio:
Hello everyone. I need help. Around May 2022, I had a fling with a girl. We had what I couldn't even call sex in the real sense of it. It happened that I tried to insert my penis but the tip of my penis only touched her vagina opening, it appeared to me like I never even penetrated in the real sense of it and even if I had penetrated it still would have been only the tip touching the vagina for less than 10 seconds but there was no thrush at all as I didn't deep it in

Also the girl was trying to sit in me and ride and in the process my penis could have touched the vagina opening with an actual thrush again and there were lot of deep kisses and sucking.

A few weeks later, exactly 2 weeks I started feeling sick with headache and two days later, I had fever, my body was hot and I was feeling cold, I took anti malaria injection and also took ciprofloxacin and amoxilin. I got better.

But by the fifth day I noticed my neck was swelling, at the back of my neck on the right side, it was towards the back. And the next day I had some sort of sore throat, it wasnt actually feeling sore, but it felt like something was blocking the throat. I also started noticing muscle tingling and pain Iin my hand and leg.

After 2 weeks I noticed rashes on my forehead, it looked like acne or pimples (I will add a picture), I applied anti bacteria and a it fungal cream and it vanished and turned to dark spots on my face.

About a month later I was seriously sick with fever, headache, cough that refused to go, I had to go to a hospital where test was carried out and I was told I had an infection slcoa my white blood count was 11700 microliter and I was admininstered with Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim which worked well cos in the space of 2 hours I was relieved and all the symptoms disappeared.

I then went to use ciprofloxacin again and I started developing rashes on my forehead again, I used the same cream and it turned to dark spots. After the whole thing I started feeling very hot around my neck and chest every morning and it only reduces anytime and walk around or Jog, there was no sweat whatsoever.

I haven't tested yet cos I believe my risk is such a low risk, some even said I had no risk but I have kept having panic attacks evevrythime and I am also scared of running a test.

Please Doctors in the house what infection could it be and what are the odds that it could be HIV under such circumstances?

What you contacted wasn't HIV. What appeared in your mouth was a mare viral infection that'll go by itself,same for the pimples. I also think you're having panic attack...calm down. Lastly,you can do an HiV test with your saliva. Visit any reputable pharmacy,HiV saliva test kit is less than ₦5000 . I always do the test with any new partner I have.
Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by Swiftboy(m): 11:58am On Oct 28, 2022
Grumio:
Hello everyone. I need help. Around May 2022, I had a fling with a girl. We had what I couldn't even call sex in the real sense of it. It happened that I tried to insert my penis but the tip of my penis only touched her vagina opening, it appeared to me like I never even penetrated in the real sense of it and even if I had penetrated it still would have been only the tip touching the vagina for less than 10 seconds but there was no thrush at all as I didn't deep it in

Also the girl was trying to sit in me and ride and in the process my penis could have touched the vagina opening with an actual thrush again and there were lot of deep kisses and sucking.

A few weeks later, exactly 2 weeks I started feeling sick with headache and two days later, I had fever, my body was hot and I was feeling cold, I took anti malaria injection and also took ciprofloxacin and amoxilin. I got better.

But by the fifth day I noticed my neck was swelling, at the back of my neck on the right side, it was towards the back. And the next day I had some sort of sore throat, it wasnt actually feeling sore, but it felt like something was blocking the throat. I also started noticing muscle tingling and pain Iin my hand and leg.

After 2 weeks I noticed rashes on my forehead, it looked like acne or pimples (I will add a picture), I applied anti bacteria and a it fungal cream and it vanished and turned to dark spots on my face.

About a month later I was seriously sick with fever, headache, cough that refused to go, I had to go to a hospital where test was carried out and I was told I had an infection slcoa my white blood count was 11700 microliter and I was admininstered with Sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim which worked well cos in the space of 2 hours I was relieved and all the symptoms disappeared.

I then went to use ciprofloxacin again and I started developing rashes on my forehead again, I used the same cream and it turned to dark spots. After the whole thing I started feeling very hot around my neck and chest every morning and it only reduces anytime and walk around or Jog, there was no sweat whatsoever.

I haven't tested yet cos I believe my risk is such a low risk, some even said I had no risk but I have kept having panic attacks evevrythime and I am also scared of running a test.

Please Doctors in the house what infection could it be and what are the odds that it could be HIV under such circumstances?

What you contacted wasn't HIV. What appeared in your mouth was a mare viral infection that'll go by itself,same for the pimples. I also think you're having panic attack...calm down. Lastly,you can do an HiV test with your saliva. Visit any reputable pharmacy,HiV saliva test kit is less than ₦5000 . I always do the test whenever I a new sexual partner. Cheers! �
Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by hikiki(m): 12:00pm On Oct 28, 2022
Bros,u don't have HIV! So long u didn't penetrate her,u r not infected.
Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by tunize(m): 12:00pm On Oct 28, 2022
Grumio:

Do a test to free ur mind
Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by okenwa216(m): 12:01pm On Oct 28, 2022
So wetin you want make people wey get HIV do ? Is HIV a death sentence. This post is not supposed to make front page honestly. That means if you contract HIV, you will just kuku kill yourself. Or what do you expect from someone who’s already positive and reading this post. This post is actually stigmatisation and discriminatory.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by effixxyguy1: 12:04pm On Oct 28, 2022
sotall:
You most likely dont have HIV.

Your Anxiety and guilt is responsible for all your perceived symptoms.

If you are scared of going to the hospital, try the Oral Quick HIV kit.

Very easy to use and you do it yourself.

Where can someone get the oral hiv kit cause most pharmacies don’t have them in their stores. Rather, they advise the customers to go to a laboratory for a blood tests.
Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by hikiki(m): 12:05pm On Oct 28, 2022
EkelediliBuhari:
If na HIV e go pain you wella because you no even knack
U wiket o swear
Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by gare(f): 12:07pm On Oct 28, 2022
Slurity:
You may not have rest of mind until you do the test. The panic is just too much. Even with HIV, you still have life. Stop panicking joor

Its not really a death sentence, if you are consistent with the drugs after a year or there about you may test negative, or even less, and there is even a new drug you take just twice a year. But you need to be careful. 75% of Nigerian girl are carrying one infection from either toilet or sex .
Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by Ofadaman(m): 12:09pm On Oct 28, 2022
Stop googling your symptoms.
But first if you live around Ajah or Epe side of Lagos , then you need go for HIV test.
Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by gare(f): 12:09pm On Oct 28, 2022
effixxyguy1:

Where can someone get the oral hiv kit cause most pharmacies don’t have them in their stores. Rather, they advise the customers to go to a laboratory for a blood tests.

go to big pharmacy, not those kiosk
Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by mastermaestro(m): 12:11pm On Oct 28, 2022
quentin06:
The tip of your what only touched her what? How sure are you, does your dick or her puna have sonar, or penetration detector?

Probably slept with a marine agent like this one.

You just disclosed his problem.
Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by Amayabor1: 12:15pm On Oct 28, 2022
Chnbanc:
One of the first sign of HIV is tuberculosis...
And mouth ulcer.
If you don't have any of the above
There you are free from the virus.
U just dey panic unnecessarily

Stop lying. Tuberculosis and mouth ulcers are not one of the first signs of HIV
Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by Ganjafama(m): 12:17pm On Oct 28, 2022
Firstcitizen:
You have a very low chance of catching HIV on first encounter. About 0.11% as the insertive partner. Get some sleep and test for STD's
This is low.
Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by Amayabor1: 12:18pm On Oct 28, 2022
Abfinest007:
Childish I swear. This kind of insensitive post shouldn't make front page.if not for the funny comments I would have deactivated my account long ago

Guy go and do a proper test and who told you is HIV. HIV takes 2-3 months B4 u can experience d symptoms

Una dey like talk wetin una nor know about. Who told you hiv takes 2-3 months before you can experience symptoms?
Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by EmyGod(m): 12:18pm On Oct 28, 2022
Grumio:

Let this be warning to you God is given you second change repent Aids is real, heaven is real and hell is real so abstain from sex you would die this is my 5th year without sex and I am living healthy more than sex mongars than you.

1 Like

Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by Amayabor1: 12:21pm On Oct 28, 2022
You can actually do the test yourself to be sure. Go to a nearby pharmacy. Tell them you want to buy HIV test strip (determine or unigold). It's about 200 to 300 naira. When you get home, follow the instructions and run the test on yourself. It's very easy.

Though I think you have not been infected. Do people still engage in unprotected sex with someone they aren't married to? Na wa
Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by sotall(m): 12:23pm On Oct 28, 2022
effixxyguy1:

Go to a big pharmacy not all these small shops.
Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by Amayabor1: 12:25pm On Oct 28, 2022
isaaclech:
HIV ke, in 2 weeks, how.. Kpekus infection

Symptoms of hiv can appear in 2weeks after exposure.
Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by Henon: 12:26pm On Oct 28, 2022
Mumu man go and get a proper test and disturbing our peace. Inflation too much to bothered about your immoral life.
Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by Amayabor1: 12:27pm On Oct 28, 2022
faceland:

Too early for symptoms. Just go and do a test, if you are positive, it is not from that incident.

2 weeks is not too early for hiv symptoms to start manifesting
Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by Lapastic: 12:27pm On Oct 28, 2022
Oga you lick plate u say you no penetrate. Which one worse pass?
Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by lordparcel: 12:28pm On Oct 28, 2022
ahnie:
Who else noticed the too must usage of**thrust**penis**vagina**tip**riding?

Op be making someone be squirting anyhow grin
I can make it up to you
Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by Amayabor1: 12:31pm On Oct 28, 2022
Deblow:

Sure! HIV isn't that easy to contract. If you don't have an open wound on your manhood or you keep thrusting in a very tight and dry vagina of a carrier which might bruise your penis, thereby making it possible for the virus to gain access to your bloodstream via the open bruises, man, you are covered. [s]One of the earliest signs of HIV infection is Kaposis Sarcoma a swelling in the oral cavity[/s]. This rashes on your forehead is atypical of HIV rashes, and besides, rashes come rather much later in the course of manifestation of the infection. Rashes usually come with full blown AIDS. Man, you are covered but why not reduce the risk by doing protected sex instead of the flesh to flesh thing?

Please, Kaposi sarcoma is not one of the earliest sign of HIV. Kaposi sarcoma is a late sign, and it usually occurs when the immune system is down. It's an indication of advanced HIV infection.
Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by Amayabor1: 12:33pm On Oct 28, 2022
izubext007:
That's the symptoms of HIV&AIDS
But I advice you as a pharmacist u should go for test at least 3 times.

Oga pharmacist, at least 3 hiv test? Wetin happen?
Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by geewean(m): 12:35pm On Oct 28, 2022
You are very wrong dear, not all cases of tuberculosis is a product of HIV.Tuberculosis attacks it's victim especially when the immune system is very low.

Now are u saying the only cause of immune system breakdown is HIV? If you say yes and you are a medical student.We should use better 2 by 2 plank on ya head big time.

Excess stress,abusive use of antibiotics drugs etc can break ur immune system.I have seen people with TB without HIV live and direct.They are healthy and doing fine.

Please don't spread false narratives online about TB biko.
quote author=Chnbanc post=117898906]One of the first sign of HIV is tuberculosis...
And mouth ulcer.
If you don't have any of the above
There you are free from the virus.
U just dey panic unnecessarily[/quote]
Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by IamMobisola(f): 12:38pm On Oct 28, 2022
MansoryMX:
Nigerian girls too carry infections! They hardly bath and will wash and wear one pant for 2-3 months and be using phones that cost half a million and wearing on empty head hair that cost quarter of a million.

That was how my guy use his preek cap rub one fine girl VJ to stimulate her before he wear condom and knack only for her to give her horrible infection! He even passed to his own wife unknowingly cheesy.

These same Nigerian girls don’t sleep with themselves, they sleep with Nigerian men and that’s how infections move around.

All of you keep shouting Nigerian girls this, Nigerian girls that and yet you all will still go back to them the next day.

Hypocrites
Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by jobsonline101(m): 12:39pm On Oct 28, 2022
Some people will never stop to amaze me. How can you knack someone who is not your wife without condom? How & why? Make your friends hail you as O.G. abi?

Well, if you catch disease, na only you go carry am o, your guys no go help you carry am.

In case you don't know, Some people (some go even look decent) that have life-threatening infections will be so annoyed & plan to share it around. You go dey happy say you see free kuntus, na die you dey.

HIV dey scare you? Syphilis, gono, staph, hepatitis, HPV etc. still dey o.

Before I date any lady, we must know our STD status. Even after that, I will still use condom for re-assurance & 2 prevent unwanted pregnancy.

Pls, let's be civil in our dealings.

3 Likes

Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by faithfull18(f): 12:41pm On Oct 28, 2022
Good!
Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by Amayabor1: 12:41pm On Oct 28, 2022
OfofoNigeria:
Stupid idiot abusing antibiotics anyhow. Go and check the side effects of ciprofloxacin and see how you are slowly killing yourself

IMPORTANT WARNING:
Taking ciprofloxacin increases the risk that you will develop tendinitis (swelling of a fibrous tissue that connects a bone to a muscle) or have a tendon rupture (tearing of a fibrous tissue that connects a bone to a muscle) during your treatment or for up to several months afterward. These problems may affect tendons in your shoulder, your hand, the back of your ankle, or in other parts of your body. Tendinitis or tendon rupture may happen to people of any age, but the risk is highest in people over 60 years of age. Tell your doctor if you have or have ever had a kidney, heart, or lung transplant; kidney disease; a joint or tendon disorder such as rheumatoid arthritis (a condition in which the body attacks its own joints, causing pain, swelling, and loss of function); or if you participate in regular physical activity. Tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are taking oral or injectable steroids such as dexamethasone, methylprednisolone (Medrol), or prednisone (Rayos). If you experience any of the following symptoms of tendinitis, stop taking ciprofloxacin, rest, and call your doctor immediately: pain, swelling, tenderness, stiffness, or difficulty in moving a muscle. If you experience any of the following symptoms of tendon rupture, stop taking ciprofloxacin and get emergency medical treatment: hearing or feeling a snap or pop in a tendon area, bruising after an injury to a tendon area, or inability to move or to bear weight on an affected area.

Taking ciprofloxacin may cause changes in sensation and nerve damage that may not go away even after you stop taking ciprofloxacin. This damage may occur soon after you begin taking ciprofloxacin. Tell your doctor if you have ever had peripheral neuropathy (a type of nerve damage that causes tingling, numbness, and pain in the hands and feet). If you experience any of the following symptoms, stop taking ciprofloxacin and call your doctor immediately: numbness, tingling, pain, burning, or weakness in the arms or legs; or a change in your ability to feel light touch, vibrations, pain, heat, or cold.

Taking ciprofloxacin may affect your brain or nervous system and cause serious side effects. This can occur after the first dose of ciprofloxacin. Tell your doctor if you have or have ever had seizures, epilepsy, cerebral arteriosclerosis (narrowing of blood vessels in or near the brain that can lead to stroke or ministroke), stroke, changed brain structure, or kidney disease. If you experience any of the following symptoms, stop taking ciprofloxacin and call your doctor immediately: seizures; tremors; dizziness; lightheadedness; headaches that won't go away (with or without blurred vision); difficulty falling asleep or staying asleep; nightmares; not trusting others or feeling that others want to hurt you; hallucinations (seeing things or hearing voices that do not exist); thoughts or actions towards hurting or killing yourself; feeling restless, anxious, nervous, depressed, memory changes, or confused, or other changes in your mood or behavior.

Taking ciprofloxacin may worsen muscle weakness in people with myasthenia gravis (a disorder of the nervous system that causes muscle weakness) and cause severe difficulty breathing or death. Tell your doctor if you have myasthenia gravis. Your doctor may tell you not to take ciprofloxacin. If you have myasthenia gravis and your doctor tells you that you should take ciprofloxacin, call your doctor immediately if you experience muscle weakness or difficulty breathing during your treatment.

Talk to your doctor about the risks of taking ciprofloxacin.

Your doctor or pharmacist will give you the manufacturer's patient information sheet (Medication Guide) when you begin treatment with ciprofloxacin. Read the information carefully and ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions. You can also visit the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) website (http://www.fda.gov/Drugs) or the manufacturer's website to obtain the Medication Guide.

Stop doing copy and paste. No medicine that is 100% safe. Every medicine has it's own side effects. It is wrong for op to be abusing antibiotics or any medication for that matter, but it doesn't mean he will experience all these symptoms you posted here.
Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by altteemy: 12:43pm On Oct 28, 2022
Grumio.

She can't give you HIV if she doesn't have it. Take the lady for test.

Female:
Mcs
HIV
Hepatitis B
Hepatitis C
Syphilis

Might as well do all STD tests. For her, it's free. For you, it's peace of mind.

smiley
Re: Please Help!!!! Possible Hiv Exposure And Symptoms. by Ganjafama(m): 12:45pm On Oct 28, 2022
Amayabor1:
........................ Do people still engage in unprotected sex with someone they aren't married to? Na wa
I have a cousin who sleeps with any Tina, Daniella and Harriet raw. He hates condoms with a passion. I won't be surprised if he fails an HIV test.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Mathias Nnadi, Neurosurgeon, Dies Of COVID-19 Disease / Natural Remedies For Treating Blocked Fallopian Tubes / Milky "Garri" Discharge Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.