Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,712 members, 7,824,022 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

APC Commissions New Roads Enugu Onitsha Express Road Today - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Commissions New Roads Enugu Onitsha Express Road Today (1634 Views)

Firefighters Wash New Roads In Imo In Preparation For Commissioning / Buhari Commissions New Police Vehicles And Police Crime Database Centre (Photos) / Buhari With Wike As President Commissions New Airport Terminal In Port-Harcourt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Commissions New Roads Enugu Onitsha Express Road Today by successmatters(m): 7:37pm On Oct 26, 2022
APC doesn't want to start their campaigns in Igboland till the dry seasons the roads will get dried and people can drive on the mud roads grin grin grin cheesy grin

Awka, Anambra state, Amansea junction 9n the express roads grin

Re: APC Commissions New Roads Enugu Onitsha Express Road Today by MrSensor(m): 7:39pm On Oct 26, 2022
Failures
Re: APC Commissions New Roads Enugu Onitsha Express Road Today by successmatters(m): 7:41pm On Oct 26, 2022
Up APC

Vote for Tinubu for more mud roads grin

2 Likes

Re: APC Commissions New Roads Enugu Onitsha Express Road Today by successmatters(m): 7:46pm On Oct 26, 2022
Tinubu will dig holes in every road and embezzle the money for its repai.
Re: APC Commissions New Roads Enugu Onitsha Express Road Today by voltron14: 7:50pm On Oct 26, 2022

Re: APC Commissions New Roads Enugu Onitsha Express Road Today by Mrkumareze(m): 7:52pm On Oct 26, 2022
Right from the days of OBJ, there's no year federal government doesn't work on this road. You ll think they are serious, before you know it the contractor ll disappear .

I just pray the recent agreement with MTN regards the road ll work well

3 Likes

Re: APC Commissions New Roads Enugu Onitsha Express Road Today by Jogs1900: 8:14pm On Oct 26, 2022
Mrkumareze:
Right from the days of OBJ, there's no year federal government doesn't work on this road. You ll think they are serious, before you know it the contractor ll disappear .

That road has already been awarded to contractors(Abuja politicians) during OBJ regime....I think to reaward a road that has been awarded by the Federal govt,it has to be up to 20 years.Nevertheless, I will implore state govts to repair federal roads within their domain and seek for refund from the federal govt because looking at this road now,it's the Anambra state residents that suffer for the deplorable state of this road.
Re: APC Commissions New Roads Enugu Onitsha Express Road Today by Mrkumareze(m): 8:37pm On Oct 26, 2022
Jogs1900:

That road has already been awarded to contractors(Abuja politicians) during OBJ regime....I think to reaward a road that has been awarded by the Federal govt,it has to be up to 20 years.Nevertheless, I will implore state govts to repair federal roads within their domain and seek for refund from the federal govt because looking at this road now,it's the Anambra state residents that suffer for the deplorable state of this road.

Federal has stopped refunding, its either you chose to do it as a state or you leave it. Some states turned it to scam
Re: APC Commissions New Roads Enugu Onitsha Express Road Today by Jogs1900: 8:42pm On Oct 26, 2022
Mrkumareze:

Federal has stopped refunding, its either you chose to do it as a state or you leave it. Some states turned it to scam
Waoh....Then the states should do it then because it's the residents of the state that suffers for the bad road...The Federal govt has lots of neglected bad roads everywhere....
Re: APC Commissions New Roads Enugu Onitsha Express Road Today by Edikan2sk: 8:43pm On Oct 26, 2022
Potopoto republic.
Re: APC Commissions New Roads Enugu Onitsha Express Road Today by Mrkumareze(m): 8:49pm On Oct 26, 2022
Jogs1900:

Waoh....Then the states should do it then because it's the residents of the state that suffers for the bad road...The Federal govt has lots of neglected bad roads everywhere....

If Eastern States governors n house members are serious, they wouldn't be waiting for FG on federal roads n other projects..Obi did it, up to this moment the section of the roads he did is still helpful to Anambrarians and other SE states

2 Likes

Re: APC Commissions New Roads Enugu Onitsha Express Road Today by richidinho(m): 9:32pm On Oct 26, 2022
Why can't the national assembly remove roads and electricity from the exclusive list

These things are not rocket science just that we keep voting efulefus to represent us

1 Like

Re: APC Commissions New Roads Enugu Onitsha Express Road Today by Jogs1900: 9:41pm On Oct 26, 2022
richidinho:
Why can't the national assembly remove roads and electricity from the exclusive list

These things are not rocket science just that we keep voting efulefus to represent us
There are many things they need to remove from the so called exclusive list like roads, electricity stated above, education,police, judiciary (if possible)This will make every state executive to sit tight instead of shifting blames to someone in Abuja....Imagine if there's security issue in a particular state,the state governor will start passing the blame to the federal government which make me to always ask what the security votes each state executive receive is being used for.

2 Likes

Re: APC Commissions New Roads Enugu Onitsha Express Road Today by Midastorch(m): 10:52pm On Oct 26, 2022
Mrkumareze:

Buhari's goct fixed the umunya axis to Igbariam junction before I left Anambra state ..
Re: APC Commissions New Roads Enugu Onitsha Express Road Today by successmatters(m): 9:17am On Oct 28, 2022
Midastorch:

Buhari's goct fixed the umunya axis to Igbariam junction before I left Anambra state ..

One side of the express you mean, only 2 kilometres at that.

Too little, too late.
Re: APC Commissions New Roads Enugu Onitsha Express Road Today by successmatters(m): 9:19am On Oct 28, 2022
Jogs1900:

That is jumping from frying pan to fire. State government will use funds meant to pay salaries and fix state roads to now fix federal roads while the federal government rests in Abuja?

What kind of wrong mindset is that?
Re: APC Commissions New Roads Enugu Onitsha Express Road Today by Jogs1900: 10:25am On Oct 28, 2022
successmatters:

That is jumping from frying pan to fire. State government will use funds meant to pay salaries and fix state roads to now fix federal roads while the federal government rests in Abuja?

What kind of wrong mindset is that?
I don't think states are being created to pay salaries alone.They are created as a 2nd tier of government closer to the people than to the federal govt as well.They are created to make life meaningful for their citizens cum residents as well.Infrastructural development is part of why states are created as well.Repairing this road will reduce the suffering of the residents.Its a major road for Christ sake.Lots of both Enugu and Anambra citizens have lost their lives there due to robbery or accident.
Re: APC Commissions New Roads Enugu Onitsha Express Road Today by successmatters(m): 10:51am On Oct 28, 2022
Jogs1900:

I don't think states are being created to pay salaries alone.They are created as a 2nd tier of government closer to the people than to the federal govt as well.They are created to make life meaningful for their citizens cum residents as well.Infrastructural development is part of why states are created as well.Repairing this road will reduce the suffering of the residents.Its a major road for Christ sake.Lots of both Enugu and Anambra citizens have lost their lives there due to robbery or accident.

In the same vein, state governments are not created to take over the functions and obligations of the federal government. There is a clear division of labour as encapsulated in the budget planning, all funds for the construction and maintenance of federal roads are domiciled with the federal government while all funds meant foe state roads and infrastructure are paid to state governments.

That a road collapsed doesn't mean that the state should take over federal government functions, while neglecting state government operations.

Every tier of government must be made to do their work, or we change the system and pay all infrastructure funding to the states where the projects are domiciled.

We must insist that the right things be done at all times.
Re: APC Commissions New Roads Enugu Onitsha Express Road Today by Jogs1900: 11:14am On Oct 28, 2022
successmatters:

In the same vein, state governments are not created to take over the functions and obligations of the federal government. There is a clear division of labour as encapsulated in the budget planning, all funds for the construction and maintenance of federal roads are domiciled with the federal government while all funds meant foe state roads and infrastructure are paid to state governments.

That a road collapsed doesn't mean that the state should take over federal government functions, while neglecting state government operations.

Every tier of government must be made to do their work, or we change the system and pay all infrastructure funding to the states where the projects are domiciled.

We must insist that the right things be done at all times.
You've said how things are suppose to be but as we all know this is NIGERIA.Those at the helms of affairs know why the road is being abandoned.Bad roads in this country has caused many deaths.I believe what residents want is for the road to be repaired irrespective of the tier of govt that does that.There are thousands of road in the country begging for federal government attention both in the north and south.Peter Obi rehabilitated some federal roads during his tenure as governor because he knows it's him and the residents of Anambra that plies this road.
Re: APC Commissions New Roads Enugu Onitsha Express Road Today by successmatters(m): 12:13pm On Oct 28, 2022
Jogs1900:

You've said how things are suppose to be but as we all know this is NIGERIA.Those at the helms of affairs know why the road is being abandoned.Bad roads in this country has caused many deaths.I believe what residents want is for the road to be repaired irrespective of the tier of govt that does that.There are thousands of road in the country begging for federal government attention both in the north and south.Peter Obi rehabilitated some federal roads during his tenure as governor because he knows it's him and the residents of Anambra that plies this road.

That excuse of this is Nigeria is what has kept this country down. If this is Nigeria, let the road decay and cut off. We all will use alternative roads.
Re: APC Commissions New Roads Enugu Onitsha Express Road Today by Jogs1900: 12:52pm On Oct 28, 2022
successmatters:

That excuse of this is Nigeria is what has kept this country down. If this is Nigeria, let the road decay and cut off. We all will use alternative roads.
It's well with my country.
Re: APC Commissions New Roads Enugu Onitsha Express Road Today by successmatters(m): 1:05pm On Oct 28, 2022
Jogs1900:

It's well with my country.

That one is a lie bro grin

A country where the federal government will refuse to build or maintain roads in a particular part of the country is not well. In fact, the country is very sick. Terminally sick.

(1) (Reply)

Okeite Juju endorses Peter Obi for President / With What's Happening In Lagos Today, Tinubu Is Just An Overrated Politician / Otti’s Name On Apc’s List, Not On Labour Party’s Membership Register Submitted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.