Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,910 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt (10054 Views)

Obaseki Bans APC From Campaigning On Billboards In Edo State / Okada Riders Storm Sanwo-olu’s Office, Beg For Suspension Of Ban / Buhari Orders Conditional Lifting Of Ban On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by politicoNG: 9:03pm On Oct 26, 2022
Edo PDP: Report of Ban on Billboard Laughable

..says it’s handiwork of mischief makers

The Edo State chapter of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has described as embarrassing reports that the state government banned billboard owners from accepting advert campaign projects from opposition parties in the state, noting that the report is false and the handiwork of mischief makers.

The Deputy Director, Media and Publicity for the Edo Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) Campaign Management Council and Edo State Commissioner for Communication and Orientation, Chris Nehikhare, said this while briefing journalists in Benin City, on Wednesday.

He said, “The Edo State Government is not unreasonable in its approach to governance by withholding opportunities for a proper democratic process. In Edo, freedom is given to the opposition to express themselves.”

Nehikhare said the government only had the foresight to pay billboard agents ahead of the official kick-off of campaigns, adding, “It's not a coincidence that the elections are around the corner. As far back as a few months ago, Edo State Government discussed with all billboard owners to make payments for quite a number of billboards in the Benin metropolis.

“We did not take possession because we were waiting for the campaign to kick-off and if anybody has gone to a billboard agent to pay for a billboard, the person who pays first and is given a date for when his account will start to run, is actually the legal owner of that billboard.

He continued: “We, as a party, raised the money for these billboards so they are a property of the Edo PDP. We were more strategic in planning, and took advantage of the time to make payments for most of the billboards. If a billboard agent has taken money from you and cannot post your advert, you should go back and get your money because we paid for them. We have no apologies to anyone who didn't have the foresight to do it.”

“It is very embarrassing when people carry sensational headlines like Edo State bans other parties from using billboards.”

The Commissioner added, “The Edo State Government is not a gangster and does not act like the APC. In Lagos state that happens, but in Edo, such can’t happen. We do not own billboards; we are not agents of billboards. What we do is to have policies in place to ensure they are not causing nuisance in our streets by controlling where the billboards are located.”

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid0YYR9CmsP1WyBtqhZKFpPA3sc1C8eLR2B1yN3dmJXrTGxHxgRCeUEe5sU79szi5pSl&id=100016532256694

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7402065/obaseki-bans-apc-campaigning-billboards

2 Likes

Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by 4teenblaq: 9:08pm On Oct 26, 2022
When I saw the other thread, I knew the report was not made by the govt but some mischievous APC miscreants inorder to get sympathy votes.

No sane southern government would be so dictating to the extent of preventing opponents from carrying out their own campaigns except one Drug lord that has a state lying hopelessly in his pocket.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by God1000(m): 9:08pm On Oct 26, 2022
Edo state government should not engage in such undemocratic behaviour

We are in a democracy.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by tyson98: 9:13pm On Oct 26, 2022
And the Obi supporters has been talking rubbish

Children of Hate!

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by Manson1(m): 9:33pm On Oct 26, 2022
Thought as much, Gov Obaseki can't condescend so low..See our live thread for our ongoing building construction project of a 3-bedroom bungalow in Oron, Akwa Ibom... Link in my signature

1 Like

Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by Eriokanmi: 9:34pm On Oct 26, 2022
Come to Lag. You'd know what's up. Jagaban had booked it all. These people have forgotten that Lagos isn't the only state in Nigeria and they'd need to also advertise their party and candidates elsewhere. If they now do a tit for tat to them elsewhere, they'd be the first to start pointing accusing fingers

4 Likes

Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by Felabrity: 9:34pm On Oct 26, 2022
Why is Obaseki scared? grin

Tinubu and his boys banned other parties from advertising in billboards in Lagos
Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by Maxymilliano(m): 9:34pm On Oct 26, 2022
Kudos Obaseki, Edo no be Lagos

1 Like

Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by slivertongue: 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
Handiwork of the propaganda party

1 Like

Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by abc115: 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2022
Is Edo PDP now Edo Govt?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by harmargedon: 9:38pm On Oct 26, 2022
tongue
Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by babyfaceafrica: 9:39pm On Oct 26, 2022
Lies.. Obaseki has become worse than osho baba.. Edolites have been scammed

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by TheOgaBoss: 9:40pm On Oct 26, 2022
Felabrity:

Tinubu and his boys banned other parties from advertising in billboards in Lagos
u don't condescend to the level of a pig or tout. I laugh at people who claim Lagos is civilized, u can't be civilized when touts are in charge

3 Likes

Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:43pm On Oct 26, 2022
It is very embarrassing when people carry sensational headlines like Edo State bans other parties from using billboards.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by Ecos(m): 9:47pm On Oct 26, 2022
grin
Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by TalkTalkTwins(m): 9:47pm On Oct 26, 2022
grin
Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by Ecos(m): 9:47pm On Oct 26, 2022
post=117903200:
It is very embarrassing when people carry sensational headlines like Edo State bans other parties from using billboards.
Zombie, since wey don born you, na today u talk like human being. So for that I go dash you two Pampers one for you and the other for your emilokan

7 Likes

Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by Benwallt(m): 9:47pm On Oct 26, 2022
Felabrity:

I never knew jandor and Obi have joined APC. I saw their posters and billboards in Lagos. Many of you just type for likes n shares that won't put shishi in your pocket.

11 Likes 2 Shares

tyson98:
And the Obi supporters has been talking rubbish

Children of Hate!
t
Zombie

Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by Maliqcious: 9:50pm On Oct 26, 2022
babyfaceafrica:
Lies.. Obaseki has become worse than osho baba.. Edolites have been scammed
Shut up jor

1 Like

Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by DenreleDave(m): 9:51pm On Oct 26, 2022
Chaiiii.. Peter obi e-bandits were celebrating already...

Chai dier balls fon burst again......

All ways just dey fail Ip0b obi supporters grin grin grin grin

I hate Apc but i support BAT.... Just like i don't like the black pot but i enjoy the food dt comes out of it...

BAT 2023

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by Felabrity: 9:51pm On Oct 26, 2022
Benwallt:
I never knew jandor and Obi have joined APC. I saw their posters and billboards in Lagos. Many of you just type for likes n shares that won't put shishi in your pocket.
send me a picture of jandor on any billboard tomorrow (not talking about those street billboard, private ones on main road) and send your account for 10k

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by Ecos(m): 9:52pm On Oct 26, 2022
DenreleDave:
Chaiiii.. Peter obi e-bandits were celebrating already...

Chai dier balls fon burst again......

All ways just dey fail Ip0b obi supporters grin grin grin grin
T

I hate Apc but i support BAT.... Just like i don't like the black pot but i enjoy the food dt comes out of it...

BAT 2023
Your criminal and useless emilokan bastard can only be your family president

1 Like

Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by Parachoko: 9:53pm On Oct 26, 2022
Zombiedients will be in pains

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by 900warriorz: 10:01pm On Oct 26, 2022
grin
Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by Benwallt(m): 10:07pm On Oct 26, 2022
Felabrity:
send me a picture of jandor on any billboard tomorrow (not talking about those street billboard, private ones on main road) and send your account for 10k
Lol. I don't need your 10k. So, Lagos government will dictate to private owners with sole ownership of their business how and who to sell n who not to sell to. I am speechless. Use your 10k to buy a book to read.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by Felabrity: 10:09pm On Oct 26, 2022
Benwallt:
Lol. I don't need your 10k. So, Lagos government will dictate to private owners with sole ownership of their business how and who to sell n who not to sell to. I am speechless. Use your 10k to buy a book to read.
who is the owner of most billboards in Lagos?

No dey spew trash

3 Likes

Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by Beverlyjean(f): 10:13pm On Oct 26, 2022
APC have nothing to campaign with ..they are just all over the place causing commotion
Re: Report Of Ban On Billboards: Handiwork Of Mischief Makers - Edo Govt by ogododo: 10:14pm On Oct 26, 2022

(1) (2) (Reply)

Suspects Of 6.5m Oil Barrels Theft Name Top NNPC, PDP Officials As Sponsors / FG Bans Civil Servants From Chieftaincy Titles / Lawyers Declare Strike Over Insecurity In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.