Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,341 members, 7,822,615 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:52 PM

Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG (7510 Views)

Bashir Ahmad: Our Poll Map Shows That Tinubu Will Win 16 States, Obi Will Win 5 / I'm Counting On You To Beat APC, PDP - Peter Obi Tells Youths, Market Women / Ogun State Gov, Dapo Abiodun Visits Flood-Ravaged Areas in Ijebu-Ode - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by KingOfTheDamned: 6:24am On Oct 27, 2022
I wonder what Buhari and APC are waiting for ?
Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by tyinfinity: 6:43am On Oct 27, 2022
Obi Pandora who can not have solution to Anambra problem will just wake up and open mouth anyhow.obituary should go and sit down
Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by MP3GAGAdotCOM(f): 6:51am On Oct 27, 2022
APC Urchins make una hear oo..

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by adejumoke121: 7:18am On Oct 27, 2022
is the man any ... Hmmm, is the man any ... Hmmm, ...
Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by MSA111: 7:25am On Oct 27, 2022
Have the governors, Senators and Representatives concerned requested for declaration of state of emergency in their domains?

I hate eye service.
Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by newnigerdelta00: 7:33am On Oct 27, 2022
valentineuwakwe:

https://dailypost.ng/2022/10/26/declare-state-of-emergency-on-flood-ravaged-states-obi-tells-fg/

Which Mumu state of emergency,is there war...na today flood dey happen for the world not just Nigeria... Obi you just dey deceive your self,u use endsars he nor work now na flood format you won use trick people.....
Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by newnigerdelta00: 7:34am On Oct 27, 2022
NaijaRoyalty:
That's the right thing to do but Buhari only care about Cow, Human life mean nothing to him

Buhari is a BIG MISTAKE

But I know that Peter Obi will right all the many wrongs of major general Muhammadu Buhari (rtd)

Buhari better pass your father, how I take know due to your statement shows your parents are horrible
Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by Qatar2022: 7:46am On Oct 27, 2022
Toluwanise247:
Obi is not smart….. on original flood. Assuming he is the president by now he will have declared state of emergency on every sector …….because nothing is working and state of emergency will correct everything at once …. Many countries are going through a lot too. Obi not let your garagara destroy things. I’m afraid for you if you enter. Boko-haram and bandit will show you pepper with this dying economy. Haaaaaaaaaa I pity next president
What has Tinubu done or said about the flood issues?
Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by Robinmido(m): 8:10am On Oct 27, 2022
You will live long
kaywon:
I'm ashamed how many of you are displaying ignorance. You needn't be a fan of the man to reason well. Funny how low thinkers are the ones badmouthing a solution provider, just because their political god wants to be president too.

Young people!! Future generation. This country has been hijacked by the elites oo. We better wake up on time. We better do things in the interest of the common man instead of heroworshipping old corrupt power seekers responsible for the mess we're already drowning in. How many of them elites are even affected by this flood. Hasn't GEJ long fled Otueke on chopper on hearing the flood was getting close his mansion?

Let's be open-minded and encourage people that mean well for the common man. For me, Peter Obi one such. All we're seeing of him now the same empathy for suffering people. If you see a man that can't be comfortable until his people are rescued, you'll know.

Peter Obi is one of us. He's not the typical Nigerian politician. He feels our pains and eats our food. He'll genuinely work for the good of the masses, and that's why most politicians are against him. The things he says tells you he has fallen out with the hijackers of our democracy (if he was ever in their good books before now). They won't support him except the few that mean well for our dear country. The only encouragement Peter Obi needs now is your support. Let's be his structure. He needs us to be able to help us, for a better Nigeria.

May God prosper Nigeria under the administration of Peter Obi, the incoming president of Nigeria, in Jesus' Name. Amen

1 Like

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by Robinmido(m): 8:13am On Oct 27, 2022
No man you're wrong don't say that. Just wish Obi well and move on because if others wish the same for Thier preferred candidates then no one will live.
aseyi24:
Obi is the only man for the job any other person Ogun kill them
Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by MadamExcellency: 8:23am On Oct 27, 2022
Toluwanise247:
Obi is not smart….. on original flood. Assuming he is the president by now he will have declared state of emergency on every sector …….because nothing is working and state of emergency will correct everything at once …. Many countries are going through a lot too. Obi not let your garagara destroy things. I’m afraid for you if you enter. Boko-haram and bandit will show you pepper with this dying economy. Haaaaaaaaaa I pity the next president

You don't understand the reason for declaring a State of Emergency hence you can't decode Peter Obi's statement.

A State of Emergency enables a President or Governor to shift funds appropriated for some other ministries and projects without breaking the law. A budget is a law passed by the Parliament and signed by the Executive. It's an impeachable offence to spend money not budgeted by the Parliament.

1 Like

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by shonepa(m): 8:36am On Oct 27, 2022
But peter obi seff, make em dey relax small na.
State of Emergency bawo?

State governors should do better, no be everything be federal.

And some victims seff, u go fear the kind place where dem dey stay. House/land may be cheap, but life nko?

God go help us.
Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by ogatboy(m): 8:39am On Oct 27, 2022
Blue3k:

Lol states should be able to be able to declare there own states of emergency. Alot of people act like declaring a state emergency makes magic happen.

State of emergency allows the federal government take charge. State government alone cannot tackle the problem, the FG heavy presence is needed. How can 33 states of the country be experiencing flooding and the President has not decleared state of emergency, no warning alert?

APC and Buhari will remain the worst government President Nigeria ever had.

Vote wisely
Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by FullBlastLight: 8:47am On Oct 27, 2022
Toluwanise247:
Obi is not smart….. on original flood. Assuming he is the president by now he will have declared state of emergency on every sector …….because nothing is working and state of emergency will correct everything at once …. Many countries are going through a lot too. Obi not let your garagara destroy things. I’m afraid for you if you enter. Boko-haram and bandit will show you pepper with this dying economy. Haaaaaaaaaa I pity next president

Mumu!cool

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by OkoRemi2023(m): 8:48am On Oct 27, 2022
kaywon:
I'm ashamed how many of you are displaying ignorance. You needn't be a fan of the man to reason well. Funny how low thinkers are the ones badmouthing a solution provider, just because their political god wants to be president too.

Young people!! Future generation. This country has been hijacked by the elites oo. We better wake up on time. We better do things in the interest of the common man instead of heroworshipping old corrupt power seekers responsible for the mess we're already drowning in. How many of them elites are even affected by this flood. Hasn't GEJ long fled Otueke on chopper on hearing the flood was getting close his mansion?

Let's be open-minded and encourage people that mean well for the common man. For me, Peter Obi one such. All we're seeing of him now the same empathy for suffering people. If you see a man that can't be comfortable until his people are rescued, you'll know.

Peter Obi is one of us. He's not the typical Nigerian politician. He feels our pains and eats our food. He'll genuinely work for the good of the masses, and that's why most politicians are against him. The things he says tells you he has fallen out with the hijackers of our democracy (if he was ever in their good books before now). They won't support him except the few that mean well for our dear country. The only encouragement Peter Obi needs now is your support. Let's be his structure. He needs us to be able to help us, for a better Nigeria.

May God prosper Nigeria under the administration of Peter Obi, the incoming president of Nigeria, in Jesus' Name. Amen

yet he couldn't declare state of emergency when erosion and flood swept anambra off when he was gov for 8yrs

very anyhow loquacious
Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by Toluwanise247(m): 9:04am On Oct 27, 2022
MadamExcellency:

You don't understand the reason for declaring a State of Emergency hence you can't decode Peter Obi's statement.

A State of Emergency enables a President or Governor to shift funds appropriated for some other ministries and projects without breaking the law. A budget is a law passed by the Parliament and signed by the Executive. It's an impeachable offence to spend money not budgeted by the Parliament.

Listen to yourself where is that fund that you want to shift. See Nigerian problem is far beyond all this talk. Anyone who win the election has inherit problem.
Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 10:09am On Oct 27, 2022
buckeyemedia:
This Man Peter Obi is a confirmed Irritant. Tufiakpa, Jesus wept.
Don't sound irritating, sound factual..
Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 10:12am On Oct 27, 2022
MSA111:
Have the governors, Senators and Representatives concerned requested for declaration of state of emergency in their domains?

I hate eye service.
So we all should wait for SENATORS AND HIUSE OF REP members, that are very comfortable in thier domains..
Same way he used eye service to give a hint, on the clamping down of oil thieves abi...

Sorry for una..
Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 10:13am On Oct 27, 2022
OkoRemi2023:

yet he couldn't declare state of emergency when erosion and flood swept anambra off when he was gov for 8yrs

very anyhow loquacious

Erosion swept it off, Anambra is now situated around Benue state borders... Sorry for una
Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by Image123(m): 10:16am On Oct 27, 2022
arshavineering:
So many kids here on nairaland like the two above. Declaring an event a state of emergency doesn't mean declaring the state lawless, it simply means declaring the event a national interest which needs to be accorded urgent response.

Your hate for OBi is killing your sense of human sympathy. People are suffering.

Kindly read this report below on the cause of the flood and tell me if this shouldn't be declared a state of emergency.

https://www.pulse.ng/news/local/why-a-dam-in-cameroon-causes-devastating-floods-in-nigeria-every-year/py1twye?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=daily-2022-10-11

The governments have long denied your insinuations on the cause of flooding. Flooding is a global problem and mainly a result of global warming and climate change. It is not solved by taking pictures inside the flood or stopping campaigns. Obi swam inside flood with glee in Anambra state, they are still experiencing the floods, even worse. All he could do was post pictures of giving his people 24 loaves and asking for state of emergency like a kid. Is this how he wants to be misbehaving and erratic as president?
Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by Jnkay: 10:32am On Oct 27, 2022
The flood is still coming and it might continue to kill and destroy. So there is a need for emergency in every overflooded state (State of emergency) to ensure rescue mission, volunteers and safety of lives.
Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by Blue3k(m): 10:35am On Oct 27, 2022
ogatboy:

State of emergency allows the federal government take charge. State government alone cannot tackle the problem, the FG heavy presence is needed. How can 33 states of the country be experiencing flooding and the President has not decleared state of emergency, no warning alert?

APC and Buhari will remain the worst government President Nigeria ever had.

Vote wisely

They're already allowed to take charge. It's like you guys don't remember the previous times states of emergency were declared. It's baffling how quickly you guys forget. If it's about money they can release funds. If NIMET didn't give warning that is failure on that agency.

Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by Mazzkenny: 11:57am On Oct 27, 2022
The governors should be the ones that would declare a state of emergency if need be. Then, can call the federal government for help if they don't have enough resources.
Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by Okpeke22: 12:59pm On Oct 27, 2022
Image123:

The governments have long denied your insinuations on the cause of flooding. Flooding is a global problem and mainly a result of global warming and climate change. It is not solved by taking pictures inside the flood or stopping campaigns. Obi swam inside flood with glee in Anambra state, they are still experiencing the floods, even worse. All he could do was post pictures of giving his people 24 loaves and asking for state of emergency like a kid. Is this how he wants to be misbehaving and erratic as president?
Many of you here sound so ignorant and petty. Peter Obi understands the situation more than you do having been in charge previously.
Obi has called for the dredging of both the Niger and Benue rivers to give them more depths to hold more water. Of the rivers have been dredged long ago, some of the water flowing into people's homes would've been retained.
Desilting is another measure he has recommended as this will clear the rivers of dirts and particles and allow them more space to hold water.
It's a shame many you make comments here without understanding the issues
Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by Image123(m): 1:04pm On Oct 27, 2022
Okpeke22:

Many of you here sound so ignorant and petty. Peter Obi understands the situation more than you do having been in charge previously.
Obi has called for the dredging of both the Niger and Benue rivers to give them more depths to hold more water. Of the rivers have been dredged long ago, some of the water flowing into people's homes would've been retained.
Desilting is another measure he has recommended as this will clear the rivers of dirts and particles and allow them more space to hold water.

Everybody knows about dredging and desilting, it is not an Obi idea or call. We all saw the futility of his swimming in floods in Anambra as governor for 8 years. Flooding is still an annual occurrence and worse there. It's so bad that Obi avoided the place as much as possible forgetting that charity begins at home. After much dragging, he went there to post about 24loaves of bread. A stingy billionaire that can't give shishi to his own people.
Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by ogatboy(m): 2:19pm On Oct 27, 2022
Blue3k:

They're already allowed to take charge. It's like you guys don't remember the previous times states of emergency were declared. It's baffling how quickly you guys forget. If it's about money they can release funds. If NIMET didn't give warning that is failure on that agency.

Lol. I mean state of emergency has nothing to do with fund. It means Federal government should take over. Anyway we have no Federal government. I cannot imagine Nigeria is in this sort of hell and Buhari has the audacity to travel out. What are the chances that a military take over is not in the offing?

I mean Nigeria is very fragile and to those who elected Buhari for whatever reason, this is what you get for being myopic and stupid.

2023 is at the corner, you all should vote wisely
Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by Blue3k(m): 2:27pm On Oct 27, 2022
ogatboy:

Lol. I mean state of emergency has nothing to do with fund. It means Federal government should take over.

Your solution to this problem is to give the federal government more power? Again what magic will the preform no that they have this vaunted power you guys are cheerleader for? You already told me they're incompetent. What miracle did they preform last time in the other sector they declared emergency in? These aren't rhetorical questions please educate me.
Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by ogatboy(m): 2:45pm On Oct 27, 2022
Blue3k:

Your solution to this problem is to give the federal government more power? Again what magic will the preform no that they have this vaunted power you guys are cheerleader for? You already told me they're incompetent. What miracle did they preform last time in the other sector they declared emergency in? These aren't rhetorical questions please educate me.

They are suppose to mobilise all agencies, draw attention of international and humanitarian aids, show that it is a serious crises. Even media houses are not talking about it because Federal government do not take it serious.

What does that do, it brings about galvanising people to come to aid
Re: Declare State Of Emergency On Flood-ravaged States - Obi Tells FG by openmine(m): 3:07pm On Oct 27, 2022
Okpeke22:

U r well informed!
Well-done!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Delta: Okowa Signs ₦‎71 Billion Supplementary Appropriation Bill / Recent Pictures Of Buhari Spark Rumors Of Ill Health. / Tinubu Appoints Chairman, Executive Secretary For Almajiri Commission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.