Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,626 members, 7,813,057 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? (5391 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! / What Changes Have You Noticed In Your Spouse Since Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by peacettw: 6:09am On Aug 20, 2011
After abt a half a decade of getting married, i can't help but notice some changes. For instance, i used to be terrified of cockroaches. I literally run and used to beg my husband in our first yr of marriage to kill them, now, well, i'm an expert at exterminating them n do it wit such expertise dt i fear d 'Queen' of cockroaches might pay me a visit. I also cld never eat garri wit my hand, always thinking it not cool n using a fork, now, a bowl of garri can never be enjoyed unless i use my hands. So guys and ladies that are married, what changes ve u noticed? Will post more as i recall them After abt a half a decade of getting married, i can't help but notice some changes. For instance, i used to be terrified of cockroaches. I literally run and used to beg my husband in our first yr of marriage to kill them, now, well, i'm an expert at exterminating them n do it wit such expertise dt i fear d 'Queen' of cockroaches might pay me a visit. I also cld never eat garri wit my hand, always thinking it not cool n using a fork, now, a bowl of garri can never be enjoyed unless i use my hands. So guys and ladies that are married, what changes ve u noticed? Will post more as i recall them
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by peacettw: 6:14am On Aug 20, 2011
Yeah, just remembered more, i was terrible, just terrible at making soups and stew. Cld cook other things but not stew and def not soups. Tnks to nairaland food section, food network and constant practice, i'm now so good that my mom asks me 4 my recipe.

1 Like

Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by Nobody: 6:57am On Aug 20, 2011
My first marriage I had to be strong and keep all my emotions to myself. With my present hubby am like butter, alwats melting at d slightest thing, I can cry just watching cartoons, lol cos I like leaning on ma mans chest. Am more womanly was a tom boy who ever tot I will be wearing victorias secrets? Am more patient, I have always had great cooking skills but continous practice makes perfect. Before I couldn't srand untidy spaces and ma husband is terribly untidy before I was always cleaning after him now as he dirty am na so I dey leave am he says he likes his own mess wetin concern me
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by peacettw: 7:33am On Aug 20, 2011
^^Dt's beautiful. Read abt your story in d 'my husband cheats on me all d time' and was inspired. I'm glad your second marriage is working out as it will give me hope if and when i decide to leave due to threating circumstances. Pls, did u ve any kids from your first marriage and how long were u married for b4 u left?
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:53am On Aug 20, 2011
First of all, please try to save your marriage first, leaving is d absolute last option and only when a marriage becomes life threatening, I left not just cos I wanted to but because it had become a matter of life and death, try counselling, communication first. We didn't have kids that was a major part of the problems, I have a baby now, got pregnant I think in the first week of marriage very ironic considering the fact that I was always publically refered to as barren. God ways are perfect sha. My 2nd marriage is not a bed of roses either but both of us are xommitted to making it stick making it work. Stay blessed
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by Nobody: 8:55am On Aug 20, 2011
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by cantell(m): 8:59am On Aug 20, 2011
chaircover:

The major thing that has changed with marriage is the way I deal with people. I used to fight my way in and out of situations.

I didn't have time for discussions; it was a blow or a slap  if you offended me or rubbed me up the wrong way, but somehow after getting married and watching the way my husband diplomatically dealt with issues & he got results, I learnt from him and have now totally changed and  It takes a great deal to offend me these days.

I am also much wiser now. Maybe its the 6 year age gap between us that has rubbed off on me  grin

Shocking!
So you were once a HOTHEAD?lol
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 20, 2011
I luv this topic! MorE ppl shld respond.
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by ronkebp(f): 2:28pm On Aug 20, 2011
Hmmmmmm!!!!WHAT HAS CHANGED OOOOO? I think am much more calmer now, used to be really hot-headed, but i just let things pass, especially since i had my son, have learnt to be patient in every thing, Before i got married, ' you make one mistake, am out the door', no time for discussion, abeg!!, but now, guess am more matured.

1 Like

Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by ng4am(f): 5:42pm On Aug 20, 2011
I tolerate nw cos in my fathers house i hardly tolerate rltive staying idle but nw i tolerate my huby rltive stayin idl
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by peacettw: 10:19pm On Aug 20, 2011
The tolerance thingy seems to be universal. I cldn't tolerate anything or anyone dt brings me d slightest discomfort, now my tolerance level is so high dt sometimes i play d fool just to have a moment's peace. Also i cld finish a bottle of alcoholic wine without any side effects but after my first child, a glass of wine gets me tipsy. Imagine a scenario where ur worst labor pain is nothing compared to ur worst menstrual pain. Used to ve d worst menstrual pain but after d birth of my first baby, it stopped. Still am grateful to God for dt.
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by ifyalways(f): 10:17am On Aug 21, 2011
Mine is more of changes after motherhood:

Stopped my lust for eating "buka made amala".Before,once I step into a new city or area,my first port of call is the area's best amala joint,hubby and family have since given up on me.Arrival of my kids made the difference though Im still fighting the urge.lolz

Stopped taking my home made and soul nourishing "monkey tail".

Became more conscious of my spending habits and finance.

My intimate libido increased too.I "thought" I was the good ol' girl,boy-oh-boy,Im even surprised at myself.haha egwu dikwa.
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 21, 2011
ifyalways:

My intimate libido increased too.I "thought" I was the good ol' girl,boy-oh-boy,Im even surprised at myself.haha egwu dikwa.

I did not read this one. I swear. cool
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Aug 21, 2011
Lol @ Ify ;d
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by xynerise: 4:08am On Aug 22, 2011
After marriage I stop eating junks cos she gives me d best Nigeria dishes. I stop coming back home late from business, instead I ask some of my employees to stay till the late hour while I go home and prepare my wife's food(I enjoy doing that since she became preg). What else? undecided Well I dont drive rough again grin
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by Nobody: 5:39am On Aug 22, 2011
First and foremost I thank God for the past 6 years that I got married to my beautiful angel and mother, I notices a lot of changes and these has affected my life greatly.
1. my eating habit change more nigerian dishes since i got married less bread and bulter.
2. have most trust in my wife than any other person.
3. mode of dressing change.
4. getting angry easily b4, but learn to be patience now because my wife will never be in an hurry to answer you.so i look like a fool when i got angry.
many more.

2 Likes

Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by DaDoctor: 8:43am On Aug 22, 2011
peacettw:

Yeah, just remembered more, i was terrible, just terrible at making soups and stew. Cld cook other things but not stew and def not soups. Tnks to nairaland food section, food network and constant practice, i'm now so good that my mom asks me 4 my recipe.

SO THE GUY WAS ALWAYS EATING 'MR BIGS AND MR SMALLS'? embarassed embarassed embarassed

Bfore marriage u werent able to cook stew? wat did u learn while growing up then? shocked shocked

waooooo!!!!!! grin cheesy

THANK GOD FOR YOU cool cool cool
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by marcus1234: 9:15am On Aug 22, 2011
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by allboyz(m): 10:14am On Aug 22, 2011
Cant wait to get married and come back to this topic tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 22, 2011
before i got married i was a millionaire,
now im a thousandnaire sad

1 Like

Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by bolpee(f): 10:47am On Aug 22, 2011
A lot av changed about me since i got married
1 am more patient
2. learn to handle my in-law better
3. learn to give more than receive
4. more Godly
5. More organized
6. No more partying and clubbing cos my hubby his an introvert to keep my home av got to adjust  

But to tell u the main gist, am more plumper than before, but still has beautiful as ever smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by 3kay945(m): 10:49am On Aug 22, 2011
i begin to think in a fatherly way grin
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by 3kay945(m): 10:54am On Aug 22, 2011
i also convert some money meant for drinks like wine to pampers smiley
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by baslone: 10:55am On Aug 22, 2011
Hmmm!
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by Beaf1: 10:57am On Aug 22, 2011
Physically:

When i look at myself in the mirrow i wonder what kept me from marrying my wife since the first few months we have met (we courted for one and half years).

Emotionally:
I b.ang my wife with all the relaxations in this world without any thought of the HIVs and the drama of 'i missed my period' etc back in the days.

Financially:
So so prudent in spending and managing my finance.

Hyginically:
My wife is something else! She can even 'inspect' my shoes to make sure no sand or any dirt is attached to it before 'allowing' me into the house, can u imagine?

My marriage is 18 months and 15 days today and i always silently pray to God to let it continue this way till the end.

1 Like

Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by DaDoctor: 11:02am On Aug 22, 2011
Beaf!:

Physically:

When i look at myself in the mirrow i wonder what kept me from marrying my wife since the first few months we have met (we courted for one and half years).

Emotionally:
I b.ang my wife with all relaxations in this world without any thought of the HIVs and the drama of 'i missed my period' etc back in the days.

Financially:
So so prudent in spending and managing my finance.

Hyginically:
My wife is something else! She can even 'inspect' my shoes to make sure no sand or any dirt is attached to it before 'allowing' me into the house, can u imagine?

My marriage is 18 months and 15 days today and always silently pray to God to let it continue this way till the end.

AT THE BOLDED. JUST ENSURE UR WIFE DOESNT MINGLE WITH MINDS LIKE EBONYVILLE AND MRS CHIMA! ELSE SHE WUD ONE DAY SAY U ARE USELESS. JUST ADVISING OH!
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by Agbenyiess(m): 11:14am On Aug 22, 2011
I am a better man!

More futuristic, and Meticulous in all my dealings.
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by Bawss1(m): 11:40am On Aug 22, 2011
Agbenyiess:

I am a better man!

More futuristic, and Meticulous in all my dealings.

Really? So you can teleport and you have stopped aging. smh
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by MissIfe(f): 11:54am On Aug 22, 2011
I'm more patient and tolerant
I've learned to cook nigerian dishes
I've discovered that I can actually work (much) more and rest (much) less, which is what I do to keep up with the family responsibilities
My needs come no longer first
Emotionnally I feel comfortable, secured, safe, peaceful, more than ever in my life

The down side is that I'm less spontaneous (going out with hubby after a full day at work + housechores + kids wake up early, I'd rather stay in and sleep grin )
I sometimes nag, (hate it, but i have to admit embarassed )
Re: What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? by Beaf1: 12:41pm On Aug 22, 2011
Da Doctor:

AT THE BOLDED. JUST ENSURE your WIFE DOESNT MINGLE WITH MINDS LIKE EBONYVILLE AND MRS CHIMA! ELSE SHE WUD ONE DAY SAY U ARE USELESS. JUST ADVISING OH!

Thanks Doctor!

This i am really working very hard on it. For now i am her best friend!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Maternal Relatives Vs Paternal Relatives / Honestly Speaking, Why Did You Get Married And Why Do You Want To Be Married? / For Married Women- When You Had Sooo Many Suitors To Choose From

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.